Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does my dog keep going in the pool???

Weird question, my American Eskimo, for the Sims 4, keeps repeatedly jumping in the pool and leaving out over 2 puddles on the ground. Is there a trait that prevents this? The dog has friendly, clever and loyal.
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

Comments

• NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Pets have hidden traits called quirks. Quirks are things that your cat or dog might be obsessed with or afraid of and sometimes small things like spinning before laying down. One of the quirks dogs can have is being obsessed with swimming. It's sounds like your dog has that quirk. I've never tried, but you might be able to remove the trait via cheats. It's this trait: trait_PetQuirk_Obsessed_Swimming
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited May 2022
    Because that's what dogs do. I had a gorgeous Black Labrador Retriever that was my hubby's wedding gift to me. He went into the Navy after we married and I ended up living with my parents again. So not happy by the 'group' conspiracy. To my chagrin, my dog kept getting into the pool, using the top step as her choice spot to pee. Happily, she never went number two … (And I so misread your post on just what the dog was doing. LOL)
    Pets have hidden traits called quirks. Quirks are things that your cat or dog might be obsessed with or afraid of and sometimes small things like spinning before laying down. One of the quirks dogs can have is being obsessed with swimming. It's sounds like your dog has that quirk. I've never tried, but you might be able to remove the trait via cheats. It's this trait: trait_PetQuirk_Obsessed_Swimming

The circling before laying down was explained in All Dogs Go To Heaven. They are merely building their mind-fence. LOL My Beagles do that. As well as other breed dogs, and mutts we've had over the past 48 years. Who knows why they do it, but it is something they do. The devs pegged animal behavior quite well in Sims4.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I have a husky, in game, that is constantly in the pool and leaves puddles all over. It's humorous to me as the owner is squeamish and is grossed out by puddles. It's just a pet quirk, I believe.
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member

I know there are obsessions. Maybe the pet IS obsessed with the pool. I have a full-trait modifier, that allows me to view all traits a Pet has. I deleted him however.
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.