Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Grim have a more social role in your game?

ยซ1
I used to only see Grim come for death events but since one of my sims decided to declare him as an enemy, I've since made him a more social aspect of my game.

My mad scientists enjoy having a few drinks with Grim after work. He's an active care taker of twins for a struggling mom of three. He does brawl with one of my clubs that revolves around spell casting.

In a way he is neutral as a character and really only hangs out with scientists and spell casters but he's been fun to have around. I try not to view him as good or bad.

Clement Frost is one I wish would go away however. He's all about spice festival invites and is always flirty.

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Nah, my sims never become either friends or enemies with Grim. That suits my universe just fine because no one ever wants to see Grim around. Well, not unless one actively disliked the sim who just died, that is. :wink: I think if my sims were ok with Grim wandering around often in their physical world, there would no longer be anything special about seeing him at all. They'd be like, "Ho-hum, there's the smokey dude in the tattered skirt again."
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    Since I play with aging off and do everything possible to prevent my sims from dying Grimm has little or no involvement in my worlds. The only time I see him is if a random townie dies in front of one my sims.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Until last year, I didn't see Grim all that much since I mostly play with aging off. The only time I would see him is when an NPC died at a venue my Sim was visiting, or if I purposely made him appear so my Sim could talk to him about grilled cheese for that aspiration.

However, last year a very, very good friend of mine shared her Grim with me. His name is Greg Connors. He's a custom made Sim and a vampire. He lives in Forgotten Hollow with his wife and sister. He has a daughter too, but she's moved out and has a family of her own. While developing the story for my challenge Sim, Essa Ellington, last year, Greg's sister turned out to be her Mother. So that makes the Grim Reaper my Sim's Uncle. :) Essa interacted with her Uncle a lot last year. Since he's Grim I can't really 'play' with him in his house, he'll lose his Grim status, but other Sims can visit his home and interact with him. When I did want to control him for story purposes, I would do a 'save as' of that file and play with him there.

Anyway, I've only seen Grim once so far this year when an NPC student got zapped on a robotics station, but I'm sure I'll see him a lot more once this year's challenge Sim moves to Forgotten Hollow in August. Cale will need to be a vampire for the aspirations then, so I might even have Greg (Grim) turn him. :) Here's a couple pics of my Grim, Greg Connors.

Zzx737g.png
    webWIHF.png
    z9Sl54U.png
    bcJURbl.png
    Vw7Yria.png
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Grim is one of my main Sims, and the progenitor of a very large family. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    @VeeDub I kinda worried that my sims or myself would be a little "oh well" when Grim had to do his job. I was wrong. There's Grim and there's Death. Grim is sort of a limbo character seeing as my mistake in CAS with Grim spawned a second reaper. So I had to do something with the original Grim and figured why not make him fun.

That other reaper ๐Ÿ’€ that's all he does and I still have the same reaction.
    @Karababy52 HOW! I love your Grim but have no idea how to customize the robe off his feet.

@GrimlyFiendish that's awesome lol I kinda think my Grim could be a dad. He's already been adopted as a caretaker in one home
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    @VeeDub I kinda worried that my sims or myself would be a little "oh well" when Grim had to do his job. I was wrong. There's Grim and there's Death. Grim is sort of a limbo character seeing as my mistake in CAS with Grim spawned a second reaper. So I had to do something with the original Grim and figured why not make him fun.

That other reaper ๐Ÿ’€ that's all he does and I still have the same reaction.

As long as you're having fun, then keep doing what you're doing. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    Dad of Nervous Subject and eternal flirt

once he invited Olive Specter to beach for a date himself but tbh I think Olive will have to kill some sims if she wishes for a meeting herself grim is a busy man after all he doesn't get many vacation days

sometimes sims beg grim to spare their beloved other times they cannot quite understand the situation and will just sob sometimes they just exchange few words and grim hangs out for a bit
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
    @Simmingal my serial romantic spell caster killed a sim to test the death defy spell and her and Grim became good friends at the Sand Bar because she did an unprompted flirty introduction. That set my Grim in motion as a more social character which I've enjoyed
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Yup. He loves to show up & dance at all the outdoor parties, nightclubs & lounges. For a death sim he's very lively. :D:p
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I have only met Grim once in TS4, but apparently he's a fan since he asked for my sim's autograph. :D
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Grim is lovers with my female serial killer sim. That is the only sim I have him interact with.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    No, I like him to remain mysterious.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    @GrimlyFiendish that's awesome lol I kinda think my Grim could be a dad. He's already been adopted as a caretaker in one home

Mine's an amazingly good Dad, more than happy to do all the domestic Dad stuff. It's always funny watching him with his black smoke and robes, sitting in front of a doll house and looking like he's more invested in the doll story than his toddler. :D
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,560 Member
    I had a save several years back wherein Grim started showing up in odd places. Next thing I knew a Sim was dying. It got downright creepy, to say the least. My poor Detective Sim was beginning to doubt his own sanity. "I see dead people". The family does have a high Esper rate, but still. They finally fixed that glitch. So sorry it's resurfaced.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I have aging off in my game, so I don't see him really at all.
    However, one play through I didn't save, I had just downloaded a shopping mall from the gallery for my game.
    It had a Murphy bed...
    I was playing with a family of three, and while playing one of my female Sims, I heard the Grim Reaper music. One of my male Sims had died by Murphy bed. I got there just in time where I didn't have a chance to save him, or plead for him. I ended up not saving, and when I loaded the game again, the Sim was alive. I did not let him near the Murphy bed for him.
    So, bottom line is that the Grim Reaper doesn't make much appearances in my game.
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    I have a playable Grim in my game. He runs a retirement home in my game while raising an adopted kid. He cooks wholesome meals and keeps all my elders entertained.
    Until its time for them to....cough....move on. Then Grimmie makes a flower arrangement scented with the death flower...
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    To finish the Grilled Cheese aspiration you need to be friends with Grim. One of my sims is doing this and on the last stage but while he used to run into Grim all the time at bars now Grim never seems to go out. My sim can chat with him online and on the phone but he won't visit. My sim needs to have one more chat with Grim to finish his aspiration. Now I wonder if the poor fellow must wait until a family death to finish off his aspiration. His first dog is aging but I play rotationally.
    @rudolpha if you're not opposed to a slight cheat in seeing Grim go to a townie hot spot (I find a ton at the sand bar and oasis springs park) and shift click kill to a townie. Grim has to show up. If you have aging on then, yeah it's a waiting game. I have aging off and occasionally have to shift click a townie to die. Mostly nurses who get in the way of my doctors ability to do anything.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Like others, I only see the Reaper for death events. Whether he (or she?) socializes depends on the remaining sims present. The reaper sometimes hang around for a while.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    @rudolpha if you're not opposed to a slight cheat in seeing Grim go to a townie hot spot (I find a ton at the sand bar and oasis springs park) and shift click kill to a townie. Grim has to show up. If you have aging on then, yeah it's a waiting game. I have aging off and occasionally have to shift click a townie to die. Mostly nurses who get in the way of my doctors ability to do anything.

Thanks wahini, just may try this out.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2022
    He used to show up on community lots but he doesn't do that anymore. I'm not sure if it's because of some mod I'm using or if that was just a thing that happened with a patch.

I have an old save with the same Grim Reaper and he has not been involved much in a story except when I saw him for the first time, one of my sims who I liked a lot died of an electric shock (which was part of the story, he was supposed to turn his life around after he almost faced death) and the grim reaper that spawned was a fat grim reaper who didn't spare him, so I reloaded the save and the game spawned this grim reaper, a muscular, fit grim reaper who spared him.

And since then he has been sort of a nice guy, but I think that's mostly because I play with aging off so he doesn't have a lot to do. He liked to work out so he was pretty buff.

He is still around in my save, and he doesn't really feel like sparing anyone else anymore, he is probably annoyed that I have turned aging off.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    I don't see him that much any more. For awhile I would see him at the gym in Del Sol Valley, working out...weird looking. No I do not want him to be part of my game. I don't mind seeing him around the neighborhood bars, but I would hardly want him as a friend. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited May 2022
    He's a playable sim in my game, living in StrangerVille with an angel, a vampire queen and a fox. Doesn't have a job (besides collecting souls, of course), but quite a few friends thanks to his cheerful personality, a daughter, and he's a member of the astronomy club, too.

wschewascheng3kym.jpg
    todundteufelinselvadoghj5t.jpg
    ungewhnlichefreundsch60jyk.jpg
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    Grim used to be a very popular sim in my game, even with relatively few deaths many people knew him. He was quite good friends with the sim that got me the black widow achievent as well as a handful of others, wound up getting invited to parties all the time and more

One of my favorites was a promotion party at the water-themed nightclub on a penthouse lot in san myshuno. He and the promoted sim (business career) had a blast singing karaoke duets most of the night, then he took off to go swimming in the rooftop pool on his own.

He used to also be found at virtually every fishing spot in the world whenever i went to a new lot, which is how most of my sims got to know him... either fishing with or interrupting his fishing for a chat

Sadly, he hasn't been seen doing all that in qhite some time and no longer shows as an option to invite to parties anymore, so has gotten more reclusive again. I miss my party-freak grim...

As for the customized reaper, several people have variations of him up on the gallery, some cc, some not. And you can actually have multiple reapers in your world without actually affecting things (can even have one played!). I've seen a few with 4-5 unique reapers in their game, so it can be interesting to see who shows up when one is needed. (If you are playing your one reaper when someone dies, another is created)