Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone help me with Le Cinema Plumbob?

Hey, I was wondering if I can switch my rabbit hole cinema out for the Le Cinema Plumbob and if I can how do I? I’m not new to the sims but I was usually a basic player who never changed anything or had mods but since last year I’ve been trying different stuff. Thank you

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    No, you can't replace a rabbithole with anything but the same type of rabbithole. If you were to replace it with Le Cinema Plumbob, you would lose the music career, and all classes for musical instruments.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    The way to do it is to add a basement (containing the theatre rabbit hole) under the lot you place the cinema onto and the sims who need to use the theatre for the music career or to visit the theatre will vanish into the rabbit hole but other sims will be visible in the cinema Plumbob. You might need to add steps down to the basement so sims can access it. I'm not sure about that one. Another option is to get the rabbit hole rugs but that'll require some research to find them. I know there are some around. They are mods and you place the rug on the floor and sims visiting the rabbit hole vanish into the rug.
  • movefan89movefan89 Posts: 60 Member
    Thanks guys, I’ll just place it down on a new lot and place it down.
    @Karritz Yes, you need to place steps so sims can get to the rabbithole building in the basement. When I do that, I like to put restrooms and park items down there, so it even looks like an underground plaza.
    @IreneSwift sounds hard, is there a YouTube guide how to do that?
    edited May 2022
    @movefan89 This tutorial I did will show you how I add spiral stairs inside a basement.

https://youtu.be/Fqev_qxvkTY

Use the basement tool in build mode to add the basement. So long as the floor above is flat you should have no problems.

edited May 2022
    @movefan89 This is the link to my tutorials playlist. There are other build tutorials there that you might find interesting.

https://studio.youtube.com/channel/UCuW44b3uCMtCSaq4gwC8EZg/playlists

EDIT: I can't link you to just the playlist on Tutorials, this will take you to all playlists on my channel. The tutorials playlist is about half way down the page.
    Post edited by Karritz on
    @Karritz thank you, I’ll have a look at it and see if can try it myself
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Honestly, it's much easier to just throw down a rabbithole rug. That isn't only true for the initial procedure, it's also true regarding how the game runs afterwards. Buried rabbitholes pretty much always make my game run worse, and I remove them if I play in a world that uses them. That obviously depends on how fast your computer is though, and mine is pretty old.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    The way to do it is to add a basement (containing the theatre rabbit hole) under the lot you place the cinema onto and the sims who need to use the theatre for the music career or to visit the theatre will vanish into the rabbit hole but other sims will be visible in the cinema Plumbob. You might need to add steps down to the basement so sims can access it. I'm not sure about that one. Another option is to get the rabbit hole rugs but that'll require some research to find them. I know there are some around. They are mods and you place the rug on the floor and sims visiting the rabbit hole vanish into the rug.

I use the "rabbit holes" from Lunar Lakes quite often (if you have LL) because they are tiny and can be easily concealed.

I use the "rabbit holes" from Lunar Lakes quite often (if you have LL) because they are tiny and can be easily concealed.

I always use those too.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Wait... What are these rabbitholes from Lunar Lakes that you speak of? I don't have LL so I'm curious cause I've always had to use the cc ones. Thanks. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    The rabbitholes for LL are supposed to be portals that lead to an underground network where the businesses are located. Of course, there are no actual tunnels or underground buildings. The portals are all identical and take up only a 9x9 space.

chUMAyq.jpg

t58dmZV.jpg