Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

share cool fun facts here!

Comments

• Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,929 Member
    I got a Jewel of information for you all folks this one is fun i promise; i was looking for a name for my Mermaid's conservationist canoe and came across this Legendary Lady Pioneer; Jeanne Baret; she is the first woman to sail around the world...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Baret
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    ApostolosJenApostolosJen Posts: 35 Member
    Did you know that shrimp is in the same family group as cockroaches?
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    yerk! Cochroaches Linguini with tomato and basil anyone?
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    No thanks.

Did you know that bamboo fabrics are softer, smoother and feel cooler than cotton fabrics?
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,841 Member
    Did you know Iceland is the only country on earth that doesn't have mosquitoes?
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    edited April 2022
    Licence to Kill (1989) is the first James Bond movie to be given a PG-13 rating from the MPAA. All of the Bond movies before it are currently rated PG.

In fact, the film had to have some of the more hard violent scenes toned down to avoid an R rating.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    You can hear a blue whale's heartbeat from more than 2 miles away.
  • Options
    There is a city in Germany named Hamburg. The people who live there are called “Hamburgers”.
  • Options
    MMX wrote: »
    There is a city in Germany named Hamburg. The people who live there are called “Hamburgers”.

If I ever change my diet to cannibalism I would move to Hamburg. :wink:

Did you know that jumping spiders are intelligent, hear well and have very good vision, in full colour? That makes them curious about the world, so they sometimes like to study things and other animals, including humans. They are friendly and have two big puppy eyes and lots of people find them cute, so they are very good spiders to learn to know for an arachnophobe (like I used to be). :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    Gabe Newell, the president of Valve Corporation, has a rather large collection of at least 600 knives.

It's been rumoured that he buys a new knife each month Half-Life 3 doesn't get released.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    When I'm overtired my brain gets hyper and I come up with all kinds of ideas, some silly and some creative. Perfect when I'm working on my short stories or comics. :)

One good idea I had was a Residue Theme Park. Fun for the whole family, with rides like "Teacups" with real tea residue in them. Oh, and balloons with a little talcum powder left from the production in the factory.

Psst... I've been awake for 32 hours now.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    Did you know that lack of sleep can cause ataxia ?
  • Options
    Ataxia is typically defined as the presence of abnormal, uncoordinated movements.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Did you know that lack of sleep can cause ataxia ?

I have noticed it. And that you can start hallucinating because parts of the brain go into sleep mode. I can sometimes see black spots on the walls when I'm really tired. And I can get motion blur.

I guess those were the facts of my post.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @Cororon lol i was talking about me. I had insomnia for more than 5 years...
  • Options
    Also, too much screen time can cause;

Decreased cognitive function.
    Mental fog.
    Reduced attention span.
    Memory problems (e.g., not being able to learn new information or convert short-term memory into long-term memory)
    Problematic or risky decision-making.
    Lower energy levels
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited April 2022
    Acrophobia can be a physical cause, it principle is similar to motion sickness. But the nervous system at work is not exactly the same as motion sickness, so people who are physiologically acrophobia (the exact statement is "visual height intolerance") are not necessarily motion sick, and vice versa. For people with visual height intolerance, heights are actually dangerous

I suddenly developed visual height intolerance when I was 11 or 12 years old, I'll dizzy and tachycardia when I looked down from a height, so I can't take the escalator down (because I would actually fall), I also can't too close to high places without high enough protection. I can't even look at the outside in the transparent elevator. As for why I (and some people) suddenly developed visual height intolerance, I haven't found an answer yet
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    Dr. No, the very first James Bond movie, was shot at a mere budget of $1.1 million. It made $59.5 million at the box office worldwide.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    The tallest chocolate Easter egg in the world was made in Italy in 2011. It was 10 meters tall and weighed 7,200 kg.
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2022
    BMI is not absolute. Muscular people usually have higher BMI, people with small bones usually have lower BMI.
    I only have a BMI of about 14.8, but I'm actually a very slender normal skinny person because of small bone (though I'm actually a bit wider at the shoulders, that's just relative. And my limbs are extra slender, within the normal range). Though I haven't actually seen the calculated results, it can be inferred that overweight people with small bone tend to have a normal BMI

Based on this, I thought of another point: If only calculate by body fat rate, Arnold Schwarzenegger must be skinnier than me. The "muscle demon" body type is actually have a really low body fat rate (such as 4-5%). Similarly, a person with an athletic body type usually or always have a lower body fat rate than a normal person described as "skinny monkey"

Getting a good or bad tan, excluding extras depends largely on your natural skin tone (or skin undertone). According to my observation, people with naturally olivish skin tones will always get a bad tan.
    I've seen this kind of people the most, but all of them can only get bad tans. I also saw someone said online, they (Asian) and a white friend went to the beach and both of them get tanned, the white person became wheatish, but they became reddish-dark yellowish-brown.
    So Asians tend to keep pale, really not because of some miscellaneous reasons...
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    Quoted from TCRF's article from The Sims 1:
    "Sims, residents of greater SimCity, speak Simlish. It would take a follow-up until it'd be reflected into the world's overall typography and culture. Until then, the game's canonical graphics design and clothing were made as though for an English-speaking civilization! Most of them will not be noted in-game, because their pre-rendered sprites are too small, as below:"
    TS1_leansimcuisine.png
    TS1_crackers.png
    TS1_microwaverender.png