Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Since you started playing the VERY FIRST Sims game, even the first Simcity, how long ago was it?

How long have you been playing since you got your VERY FIRST sims game? Sincity games count too!.
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

Since you started playing the VERY FIRST Sims game, even the first Simcity, how long ago was it? 81 votes

Less then a month! Whew!
0%
1 month to a year
0%
1 year to 5 years
1%
Ray_Trace 1 vote
5 to 10 years
6%
SweetieWright_84logionGlacierSnowSeashoreLiviaenskij 5 votes
10 to 15 years
13%
fionaloveserranomariajane216SheepilingRedShoe7comicsforlifeSERVERFRAIVXXXVItelemwillcody6268LilynWolfItsMeThatGuy 11 votes
15 - 25 years
53%
canitbemanMichelleWCamkatPlayerSinger2010heiblumemaggiemae8135Mariefoxprice83simgirl1010BariSaxyKennziKaigeCarmineCary1213ClassicalSimFinvolaEmmaVanes_stutlerannaliese39M13VulpeculaOnverserSorak4 43 votes
25 years to 30 years
14%
BluegayleEvvieSimmerMikezumiTeegersPurpleThistlespeno1183bienchenEnkiSchmidtOldeseadoggeCalico45PhobostimeChaotic_Moira 12 votes
30 years till Simcity 1, dude!
11%
bandit5Cynnaairotciv54ModerateOspreySimSpockmightyspriteignominiusrexJunkyPoemTawk 9 votes

Comments

• ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    10 to 15 years
    I started the Sims Social since ?2011.
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    15 - 25 years
    Started in 2000 with The Sims.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    1 year to 5 years
    I'm still in the Toddler stage of my Sims lifespan, phew!

Just 2 years ago I've played Sims 4! Sims is easily in my Top 3 franchises of all time, not joking at all. Maybe even second.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    15 - 25 years

Same here! :)
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    10 to 15 years
    I started the Sims Social since ?2011.

Same.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    15 - 25 years

Same here! :)

DITTO!
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    edited May 2022
    10 to 15 years
    Oh my god. That must be a REALLY long time! Congrats to all of you who hit 20 years, and even more then that! I've only been playing the Sims for (1) year, and it's really fun, but I've known every feature, almost every mechanic in the game, not to brag! Just saying!
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    15 - 25 years
    I started with Sims 1 on PC.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    25 years to 30 years
    It was 1996 and was SimCity 2000 which was the second edition of SimCity. I used to imagine how amazing it would be if I could play with the little sim people in my city. You can imagine how fast I hauled butt to the store when The Sims came out! I couldn't believe it, and I was so freaking excited. It DID NOT disappoint.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    15 - 25 years
    I started with SimCity 2000 using a Walmart display computer. This was '98 or '99. Moved to SimCity 3000 when the "Unlimited" edition came out, saw the Sims 1 trailer.
  • PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    25 years to 30 years
    Around 25 years, starting with simcity on the Nintendo
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    15 - 25 years
    I started with Sim Safari, Sim Tower, Sim Town, Sim Park, Sim City... not sure if those count or not? Maxis released those between 1994-1998 for Windows 95. That was when I really started with "simulations" But The Sims title itself, would be from TS1.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    15 - 25 years
    I started with Sim City and then moved on to The Sims in 2000.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited May 2022
    15 - 25 years
    How long have you been playing since you got your VERY FIRST sims game?

played sims vacation and base game with my sister before since she had them

but my first sims game was Makin' Magic in 2003 (as in that was the one i actually really wanted to have and i eventually managed to get my mom buy it for me)

still my favourite pack ever tbh
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • peno11peno11 Posts: 192 Member
    25 years to 30 years
    I don't really remember how long it was since I started to play first SimCity on my ZX Spectrum clone Didaktik M (probably only Czechs and Slovaks know what that was :D ), but I don't think it was over 30 years yet. It was, however, definitely over 25 years.

What I do remember, however, was my first family in Sims 1 back in 2000. And man was that a mess. I made 8 Sims family with two adults and six kids and it ended with fire in which both adults died and only the kids left. The game still, somehow, allowed me to play them, but I didn't want to. Still, despite this catastrophe, I was hooked, but started to create smaller families until I got the hang out of it Nowadays, though, I like to play with big families :p
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    25 years to 30 years
    peno11 wrote: »
    What I do remember, however, was my first family in Sims 1 back in 2000. And man was that a mess. I made 8 Sims family with two adults and six kids ...

Hahahaha.. Those were the days! I mean you went in having no idea what a tragedy that would be! I remember quickly becoming afraid to pretty much touch anything new with a sim I cared about. Before you did anything in Sims 1 it was like, hmmm, I think I will just save for the 400th time today..
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    Started playing in 2001
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Sim City was my first game in the Sim Universe. Though, I didn't enjoy the genre as much as I'd hoped. I found what I was looking for when The Sims launched. I bought it on the first day and I've been with the franchise, in some form or other, ever since.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    15 - 25 years
    SimCity 2000 for the Playstation was my first Sims game.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    10 to 15 years
    Sims 3 is my first official sims game but I often borrowed the wii pets version and i owned like all the my sims games.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    25 years to 30 years
    Memory isn't as good as it could be but I do know that I was definitely playing SimCity well before I married. Since my son is almost 22, 25-30 years would be a safe guess :p
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    edited May 2022
    Crashed Dad's work IBM-PC back in high school with MS-DOS SimCity. He really should've bought the Atari when we were kids. Probably would've been more of a console player, than a PC gamer, burning my eyes for hrs on end in the distant lands of RPG, simulation & time mgmt...
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    I didn't play it very much, but I did play this on a Commodore 64 as a kid.
    617850-simcity-dos-screenshot-now-village-mission-from-zero-to-city.png

After that I didn't play any other Sim games until 2020.
    gen3-banner.png
  • TawkTawk Posts: 23 Member
    Since the beginning. Loved SimCity!
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    15 - 25 years
    Sometimes I still think 2004 was just like 10 years ago, when it's actually 18 years ago. My first game was Sims 1.