Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like Monthly premium content ?

2...Next

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Other choice
    Monthly premium sounds like a subscription and I don't want a subscription of any kind for the sims.

The objects you describe, objects with new animations sound interesting, so I definitely like the idea, preferably in an update. But I'd be interested in a kit as well if it adds objects with new animations or interactions.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited April 2022
    No
    ETA: Ok, I'm not sure what you're asking here, I guess but my first thought is No, thanks. I truly hated the store. I already pay for packs and I don't want stuff locked behind a second paywall. I won't pay a monthly subscription.
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    No
    No thanks
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Other choice
    only if its free and do not cost money and i clearly do not went a subcription service for the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited April 2022
    No
    The Sims 3 store was a disaster... especially since it costs thousands upon thousands to even purchase every piece of content possible.

I'd much rather they keep content exclusive to packs and kits. It's much easier to track, as well!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    No
    NEVER!
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Sounds awful.

Never experienced the sims 3 store. Is this where if you don't buy it that month you lose the opportunity to buy it?

I have dropped more money on this game than any other game I have played in 40 years of game playing, so not needing a way to give them more.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    No
    I wouldn’t like this at all. I didn’t like it with the sims 3 either but at least the sims 3 felt optional. Your game didn’t feel empty. If EA hid things that have been in the game before and we got for free behind a pay wall, that’s too loot box like for my tastes.

An example would be cars, baby items if babies got more to do.

I don’t give anybody’s Patreon but there is a significant difference between a creator making cc content in their spare time and EA doing it. One is an individual working hard on their own time to make their content. (And if it’s never available for free period then my attitude does change a wee bit but my understanding is that it’s not allowed otherwise) Anyhow, one is a individual, the other is a multi billion dollar company who doesn’t need to profit off its customers by nickel and diming in that fashion. Kits are bad enough.
  • Conlon94Conlon94 Posts: 83 Member
    It seems Sims 4 Simmer frustration and disappointments of sparce expansion pack content. However that might be what you get when other simmers those that mainly played sims 1 and 2 complain about the expense of so much spread out packs purchases rather than a single all in one purchase.
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    No
    Nope - no monthly subscriptions and no microtransactions.
  • enskijenskij Posts: 31 Member
    No
    I barely like the idea of the kits, so I don't think we need any more paid "micro-content". It's very annoying and makes me unreasonably frustrated. Even though I have purchased two kits I don't think they're worth it
    Just your average Finnish simmer
    ☆ she/her ☆
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    edited June 2022
    No
    Isn't kit bad enough?
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Other choice
    I would like monthly content as long as I had the option to purchase or not purchase. In other words, I don't want to have to sign up for a subscription to get the content.
    We are sort of getting this now with kits being released during months with no packs.
    I wish they would create worlds we could purchase like they did in the sims 3. I want more destinations.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes
    I think I would actually like this I could pick and choose what I want like I purchased all the male clothing in the Sims 3 store I wanted and none of the female clothing since like Sims 4 the game had that covered and then some. But I'd take a premium object over a useless kit any day I'm not someone who has to complete the game and have everything so as long as it's a reasonable price something like this would work for me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited June 2022
    No
    Shush, do not give them ideas. No. I do NOT want another Sims 3 Store. Not a subscription membership kinda deal either. Nooo no no no.

Kits are the closest they're "allowed" to go this time. Nothing more than that, please.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    No
    No.

But I have every expectation that Sims 5 will come with micro-transactions. EA will be aiming at the next gen of game players, and many of them are used to mobile games, and free to play content, with a ton of micro-transactions. They tried it with Sims 3, and it wasn't popular, but their audience was still mostly people who were used to the older method of releasing content (e.g. expansion packs). And any kids playing at the time would be relying on parents to make purchases. But that doesn't mean they will give up on getting them in game. Now that that younger market who are accustomed to it, and don't mind it, are the right age, I fully expect them to make a come back.

I think this will also make them try again for online play. Most the people who remember the disaster of Sims Online, are older now, and not the target demographic. The younger simmers will just be thinking how cool it will be to have friends show up at the lots they build.. sigh

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    No
    When I paid for the Sims 4, it said nothing of a subscription. Let's not change that for those who don't want/can't pay for that. :)