Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When did you start playing to The Sims ?

124...Next

Comments

• MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 372 Member
    2004 - 2005 : The Sims 2 era
    Honestly, I don't remember the exact year I began playing but I do remember my first Sims game being the Sims 2 Pets for the gamecube. I didn't even know what the Sims was but my younger self saw the cats and dogs on the cover and went "Ooh animals! I love animals!" and picked up the game.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    I started with Sims 2 in the fall of 2005 because of Final Fantasy Advent Children. I was a huge fan of the FF7 storyline and new film and a little (read: a lot ) obsessed with the characters. I came across a Youtube video of someone playing Sims 2 with CC that made all of their Sims look like FF7 characters and I immediately researched the game and launched right into it with the special Deluxe holiday version, purchasing Night Life with it because Vampires. In a few hours I had a bunch of custom content already loaded into my game and I fell straight into a hilarious paradise wormhole that had me up all night long, completely losing track of time and playing until 7am when the sun came up and I had to force myself to go to bed, lol. It's okay, it was the Thanksgiving holidays and I had some time to myself to be childishly irresponsible and it was one of the best gaming binges of my life. <3 I immediately ordered University and eventually got every pack. I don't think I've ever been so deeply obsessed with a game since. Good times!
    #Team Occult
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    2000 - 2001 : The Sims era
    My sim always had a cat in original game, and so many times my sim got fired because she missed the carpool to work, because the cat was sleeping in front of the car.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • BoneethugBoneethug Posts: 1 New Member
    2017 - 2018 (Toddler patch and TS4 for console)
    I started playing when I got it as a Christmas gift but I've been watching people play for awhile on YouTube, just too broke to buy it myself.
  • CpinkzCpinkz Posts: 4 New Member
    I played The Sims when I was in elementary school. It was fun playing the Newbies that my mom played it too. I played The Sims before going to school everyday. Then I knew I love the series, I had all Sims packs. I played Sims 2 a bit bc I was bored at that moment. But I rekindled my interest in Sims 3. I owned until Night Life packs. That time I was having fun time with Sims 3. But after Night Life pack, I stopped playing for years, but not so many years, like, 1-2 years.

Now I love Sims 4 again. Have all expansion packs, some game packs, and a few kits :smiley:
  • 2021 and later
    I started playing sims 4 During April Of 2021, I also started playing sims 3, But I started getting Into It During 2017-2018.
  • KateLynneKateLynne Posts: 47 Member
    I started with TS1. I think I was around 8 or 9. It hooked me then and I have been playing on and off ever since. :)
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    I had a baby in 2000, so I didn't get to play a lot, but it was enough to hook me. My son is now 22 like the game. He actually sent me a picture of him playing Sims 2 recently.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Since Sims 1 and was gifted Hot Date. My sisters and I became addicted since then, hehe. 😄 (Though we dropped off around Sims 3 before getting back into playing with Sims 4.)

We played a lot of Sims 1 and Sims 2, even when we did not have much of the packs at the time.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    2006 - 2008 (Packs developed by The Sims Studio)
    That's a lot of people who start with The Sims (2000).

I thought TS2 era would get more votes.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited April 2022
    2017 - 2018 (Toddler patch and TS4 for console)
    Bought TS3 in 2018. Didn't play it much, as the game was pretty intensive on a mid-end consumer PC. Wasn't until I got a PC that could properly run it in 2021 that I actually played it much. I have about a half-dozen packs. It's a lot easier to get lost in TS3 for me, even with worse graphics, as there is a LONG list of stuff it has that TS4 doesn't.

Bought TS4 in 2019 when it was on sale on Origin for a couple of bucks. Wasn't until 2020 that I started actively buying packs. Currently on a bit of a lull with it.

Bought TS2 in 2020 and loved it. Problem is that modern PCs don't play well with disks. Even older ones with Windows 10 had no issues, but newer ones got a bit overzealous with Windows built-in antivirus. At the time, I had a refurbed Dell workstation desktop produced in 2013, and it ran the game well (even with integrated graphics), but this current PC won't, and I have to use a removable disk drive since they really don't make PCs with disk drives these days.

On another note, I love workstations. Decently robust and easy to work on with plenty of space inside the case. Expensive to buy new though, and refurbs are usually ancient by PC standards. I want to upgrade the RAM in the Lenovo Creator i5 I have, and everything is crammed in so tight, that it's impossible without removing the hard drive and GPU. Not to mention, this model has a laptop motherboard, so it's not as robust as a larger model.
    Post edited by cody6268 on
  • MkinsMkins Posts: 79 Member
    Where it all began and growing up as a huge Sim City fan (not so much Sim City 2) I had always wanted to play as the people I looked after in Sim City and The Sims was a dream come true!
  • HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member
    I started playing in 2004 with The Sims 2. I had never heard of The Sims at that point but quickly fell in love with the game.
  • DramaticJedi5DramaticJedi5 Posts: 60 Member
    2021 and later
    Just started last year.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    I was not expecting this distribution. Over half of us have been with the franchise since TS1. That goes a long way to explaining why TS2 is so popular on this forum. Most of us were around for that attempt at a more complex simulation.