Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby showers hint?

Hello all! I was playing a sim in the culinary career today and he just made caterer. The job description says, "His days will now be filled with ridiculous dancing at weddings, failed team-building exercises, and really weird baby showers."

So...seeing as we are about to get dancing at weddings it made me think about the other items, especially the baby showers. Do you think these might be in our future? I'm certainly hoping :D

Comments

• NicoleaNicolea Posts: 48 Member
    I sure hope so I really pray that the summer expansion is school or childhood relate
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    caitybee73 wrote: »
    Hello all! I was playing a sim in the culinary career today and he just made caterer. The job description says, "His days will now be filled with ridiculous dancing at weddings, failed team-building exercises, and really weird baby showers."

So...seeing as we are about to get dancing at weddings it made me think about the other items, especially the baby showers. Do you think these might be in our future? I'm certainly hoping :D

Is that new, though? I thought I'd seen it before, but it's been a couple of years since I had a sim in that career, so I could be misremembering. Anyway, baby showers wouldn't interest me personally, but I'm sure there are lots of other players who'd like it. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited March 2022
    I would hope so as well because that's something new and different and we can know what the gender is (if you want.) And get gifts for the baby like crib, and clothes.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • caitybee73caitybee73 Posts: 121 Member
    Is that new, though? I thought I'd seen it before, but it's been a couple of years since I had a sim in that career, so I could be misremembering.

Hm, you might be right it may not be new, I'm not sure? Hopefully even if it's been in the job description a while, it's because it's been a part of their future plan for some time. Maybe with freed babies and other baby items? My fingers are crossed!
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited February 2022
    I hope so much the next SP is a baby pack. PLEASE. I NEED updated babies and a Generations pack this year. Love the wedding pack (but it could be less buggy tbh), but now all I need is some new Generations gameplay and babies.
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited March 2022
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I hope so much the next SP is a baby pack. PLEASE. I NEED updated babies and a Generations pack this year. Love the wedding pack (but it could be less buggy tbh), but now all I need is some new Generations gameplay and babies.

Omg same
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    If that's true, then they need to:
    1. Free infants
    2. Give them a wardrobe
    3. Give them- car seat, playpen, baby bed, slings for sims to carry them, singing/lights rocker, floor mat, floor mat with toy arc, passies(square and round), little rattler, stuffed animal, teether, blankets(cheap, furry, real nice) hats, mittens, socks, burp cloths, baby bag, bath tub, lotion, soap, diaper, shampoo,

Playpen can be for toddlers too. Toddlers need riders for playground, baby doll, walker, stroller, toddler swing.

I hope the new Ep is this with so much more.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    My playstyle is primarily focused on families....but even so I would absolutely NOT want this to be the next pack we get.

Babies are boring, no matter how much you add for them and they also consist of a very, very tiny portion of a Sim's total life. We haven't gotten any substantial new gameplay in nearly a year now ... it would be a real shame if baby's were the focus for the next pack, or even the one after that.

That's not to say I would not like to see this, but after the dry spell we've had, I am hoping for something with a little more 'meat' then that for what is next.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    1. Free infants
    2. Give them a wardrobe
    3. Give them- car seat, playpen, baby bed, slings for sims to carry them, singing/lights rocker, floor mat, floor mat with toy arc, passies(square and round), little rattler, stuffed animal, teether, blankets(cheap, furry, real nice) hats, mittens, socks, burp cloths, baby bag, bath tub, lotion, soap, diaper, shampoo,

Playpen can be for toddlers too. Toddlers need riders for playground, baby doll, walker, stroller, toddler swing.

I'd so much love all of this!
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    davina1221 wrote: »
    1. Free infants
    2. Give them a wardrobe

I'd so much love all of this!

^^^ What she said ^^^ about what the original poster said^^^ All of this YES!

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I would love to see freed babies. I wonder if the redacted shoe could be a baby shoe?
  • venus_vixen2289venus_vixen2289 Posts: 4 New Member
    Definitely crossing my fingers!!! I would like to see them add things to having kids similar to real life. after getting the positive pregnancy test: such as a baby shower, baby moon, gender reveal, see ultrasound scans and pregnancy pictures... ETC. It would be awesome if they could bring back cars. we could take the kids on road trips, car seats, teach them how to drive...ya know? more hands-on interesting experiences during pregnancy and raising children. bringing them up with different religious views. parenthood pack doesn't cover these... definitely missing some important aspects. Especially being able to find out the sex of the baby before its born. I'm surprised they haven't already done this. since they've created a new wedding pack that features parties and events before/ after for the marriage ceremony. its about time they add those to the base games for the future. how cool would a Gender Reveal be? or a gender reveal gone wrong? hahah what do y'all think?
  • venus_vixen2289venus_vixen2289 Posts: 4 New Member
    wouldn't it be so funny to see a GENDER REVEAL gone wrong?!?!?