Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited February 2022
    @emorrill I'm happy you enjoyed this chapter and more will come. :smiley: : I'm babysitting today, :heart: so it depends on how the day goes. Thanks so much for reading and for commenting. :heart: You know I do love getting comments. It helps so much to see if folks are 'getting it'.

The tattoo on her back is the tree of life. I explained it up above in my last comment to you. It is part of an accessory tattoo. I guess you missed that comment to you?

The criminal headquarters has been around a long time. Remember the fire ghosts worked for them in the past. I really never said how long ago because figuring out a time line with my math challenged brain would explode it. :lol: The bosses change as well as the henchmen. I didn't really go into the history, but I envision some go to jail, some get killed, some retire. More will come out if Damien is able to solve the mystery of who ordered the death.

haha, I'm still trying to figure out how to make my Keurig automatic for that first cup of coffee like I could with my old brewer. I just don't need a whole pot of coffee anymore. No timer on my Keurig and not sure if it would be fresh if they did have one.

I knew a few of you would enjoy his muscles again. :grin: I really should have looked around for some full tats for him and maybe some of that accessories for eyebrow, nose, body art rings etc. He actually looks like he should have stuff that causes pain on him. :lol:

I guess I could have looked around for a cc puter that looked older but that was the best choice in the game offerings. It is a weird looking computer close up as the inner part is empty. :open_mouth: It's not a full box like my old desktop was.

hehe, the next chapter is titled 'Layla's dream'. :grin: You will find out. I hope I'm really surprising you guys, especially since I'm fairly predictable about my romance and not liking too much drama. I do like surprises though.
    Post edited by bekkasan on
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @bekkasan You're welcome. <3
    You know I do love getting comments. It helps so much to see if folks are 'getting it'.
    ^Same! :blush:
    The tattoo on her back is the tree of life. I explained it up above in my last comment to you. It is part of an accessory tattoo. I guess you missed that comment to you?
    ^Oh glory 🤦‍♀️ No I didn't miss your reply. I just forgot that you answered saying the tattoo on her leg was part of a set that was also on her back. See, that's my head these days... :pensive: My long term memory has been shot for years so...if anything sounds off in my comments, most likely it's not fault in your writing, it's me. You're writing is great. :star:
    Aww, it's a bummer the Keurig doesn't create that hello smell of coffee in the morning. :( I hope you can figure out how to make it do so. Hit the internet! :mrgreen:
    He actually looks like he should have stuff that causes pain on him. :lol:
    ^Ha ha! Indeed! :lol:
    I thought it was interesting that the inner part of that computer was empty too. Some kind of a hip design I guess. ;)
    I hope I'm really surprising you guys, especially since I'm fairly predictable about my romance and not liking too much drama. I do like surprises though.
    ^Ooooh, now I'm really intrigued! :smiley: I have a prediction as to what might happen (based on what we've talked about and your teaser pic of Layla within all that mist ;) ) so I'm very curious to see if I'm right. :mrgreen:

<3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Layla’s Dream

Layla’s heart is racing. The disturbing visions continue to flash through her brain. Someone is under attack. No…not someone. The Fates…they are in danger. Is this why she was unable to find them? What is going on in this hellish nightmare?
    51844612609_c80f1772c9_o.jpg
    51841556869_03df7be313_o.jpg
    51852621136_0a2242250a_o.jpg
    51841312683_4f4a884790_o.jpg
    51840256002_38dc000f26_o.jpg
    51851477107_00f8dd0554_o.jpg
    51841196456_f6c9d09c13_o.jpg
    51852874529_6344e0bea3_o.jpg
    51841556714_748ccf3fd6_o.jpg

Layla's breathing is rapid, shallow and gasping. Terror fills her mind and she breaks out in a cold sweat from the horrifying visions. Fear rises in her throat as if someone is choking the life out of her. She can't breathe. She silently screams No! NO! NOOOOO!
    51851545077_432c454bcd_o.jpg

She struggles to wake up and escape the nightmare. She rises up in the bed desperately trying to open her eyes and catch her breath. She collapses, sinking deeper and deeper into the horror until all that is left is blackness.
    51853168595_614a5b6fe0_o.jpg
    51851545122_5b7c3a727c_o.jpg
    51852849109_b77e346fc8_o.jpg

As her vision gradually returns, she finds herself standing in a garden. She is in spirit form. Her body far away. Where is she? The garden is shrouded in dense fog. She feels compelled to follow the path ahead, rather than find her way back to her body. The fog thickens as she climbs the path. The twisting trail leads her higher and higher. The pathway is dangerously narrow at times, and she must step carefully. A death here means a death in life as well. Finally, the fog begins to lift and the path widens. A temple is up ahead.
    51865735406_ffb60fc41a_o.jpg
    51866052044_508d9b5a6b_o.jpg
    51832823799_bd50a4d1cc_o.jpg
    51831526657_50866ddb2c_o.jpg
    51832472686_3a0ab84289_o.jpg
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    What great pictures you have created for the fates! Always a new layer to explore. Always a deeper meaning/significance beyond the realm of the obvious or perceived.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @bekkasan

wow, intense screenshots! that must have taken such a long time to
    set up, great job with it! Layla is an interesting character for sure what were those dreams!
    @bekkasan Yay! SO excited to find out what Layla's dream is about!
    WOW! :open_mouth: Those pictures of the Fates in distress from the attack are phenomenal! :star: Extremely well done! I could feel their emotions. Great job! :grin:
    Oh my...why is Layla unable to breathe...or wake up?? :worried: Are the Fates calling to her? Trying to bring her to them for help?
    (Suddenly I'm beginning to wonder what this means in regards to Mary's return? :( )
    So Layla's now in spirit form on some other plane of existence? Or is it still a dream?
    The pathway is dangerously narrow at times, and she must step carefully. A death here means a death in life as well.
    ^Oh boy... :flushed: Yes, tread very carefully Layla. <3 I wonder what Lee would think if he knew what was going on with her right now.
    These pictures of her walking through the fog are so beautiful. :love: So mysterious...
    A temple? Who will meet her here? Or what's going to happen???

Gah! We have to wait again! :weary:;):kissing_heart: Boy you're sure getting me back for all those times I threw out cliffhangers huh? :smirk: j/k

I'm so glad I found the gorgeous Lily of the Valley cc. <3 I love all the awesome cc you showed off in this update. ;)
    Since my prediction of what might happen was incorrect, I am terribly curious now. ;) Need more soon. Very soon! :mrgreen:

<3

@ciane Thanks so much for commenting. :heart:

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you! :heart: They did take awhile but it was fun thinking up the different shots. :smiley:

@emorrill Thanks! I do appreciate the comments. :heart:

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the nightmare pictures and are speculating what it means. Some will be revealed soon...as in later today if I can get my tush in gear getting the housework done and finishing the leftover paperwork from yesterday. :tired_face:

Yes, your prediction was very interesting but not quite correct. I am so looking forward to the reveal coming up. :smiley:

A Strange Temple

The temple looks like many of the ones in the Realm of the Fates. Layla does not recall this temple. She looks around but cannot find the entrance. Spotting a lyre, she plays a tune hoping that will open the temple. No such luck. Examining the moondials gives her no clues. The wall sculpture is merely a work of art. As she gazes at the sculpture she notices one of the torches flickering. Aha! That is something she has seen before, in a tomb in Al Simhara. She approaches the torch and carefully pulls on it.
    51832823764_7c9546ceed_o.jpg
    51832823739_b7b6b5361d_o.jpg
    51832584493_e9071b8d5d_o.jpg
    51833204510_a3004179ee_o.jpg

The horrendous grinding of gears causes her to flinch and cover her ears. When she turns around a staircase is now open. Once the dust settles, she walks carefully down the staircase, trying to peer into the room below her. A wall blocks her view. She slows her descent, not completely comfortable with what may be ahead of her considering the visions in her nightmare. She takes a deep breath knowing she must continue downward despite what may lie ahead.
    51832584463_0dd3936bee_o.jpg

She finally reaches the bottom of the stairs and turns into the next room. The Fates sit on white thrones on a dais surrounded by wisteria, which has an almost overpowering musky yet sweet fragrance. Wisteria is used in the Realm to repel demons. Considering her visions, The Fates appear unharmed.
    Layla approaches the dais and kneels, bowing before them. Vestia looks bored, while Aurora appears concerned.
    Phoebe, the eldest of the sisters, stands before her and looks her up and down. “It's about time you arrived. You may rise.”
    51832584443_714ec3e156_o.jpg
    51866052139_923e4d0c9c_o.jpg

"What do you mean it's about time?" Layla stands up and asks with frustration. "I spent hours hunting you in the Realm the other day to the point of exhaustion? Where were you then? Where am I?”
    51832584413_a6314ff9e8_o.jpg

Aurora responds, “We’ve been trying to contact you. It has been difficult to enter your dreams with your soulmate near you.”
    51832584358_ed85ed6778_o.jpg

Vestia continues, “He is finally far enough away so we were able to contact you. New soulmates can be so boring to watch as they are inseparable. All that lovey dovey stuff makes me want to...”
    51832823629_74cf68ee9d_o.jpg

Vestia is interrupted by Phoebe before she can continue her tirade against soulmates. "Oracles are single because of this! Now that you have a soulmate, we must search for another Oracle. As to where you are, this is the Temple of Mara. It is not part of the Realm that you know."
    51832823594_3a0614940e_o.jpg

Layla is thrilled to hear that they are done with her being the Oracle and are not upset with her either. “Why did you bring me here?” Layla asks.
    51832584343_1feffb610f_o.jpg

All three Fates speak as one. “We sit in sorrow for our sister Mara, the one you know as Mary.”

“What?” Layla exclaims, a look of utter shock on her face.

Each sister begins to talk trying to tell the story. “Hush!” yells Phoebe! “I am the eldest, and will tell this story. I don’t want any interruptions either.” She looks at her sisters and Layla with a steely expression.
    51833204425_0f5e55c63e_o.jpg
    51832823614_b732fcfca5_o.jpg

"As you know, in the dawn of time we were brought forth by our creator to watch over the world and the peoples who populate the world both human and supernatural. We maintain the balance between good and evil so that one side is never too dominant. We watch over birth, life and death. We hold the knowledge and wisdom of all creation. Supplicants can communicate with us with the help of Oracles such as you. If they can decipher what is foretold they can change life's path."

"Mara is our youngest sister and perhaps a little spoiled by us because of that. She didn’t want to watch over the people. Instead, she wanted to live amongst them and help directly. We could not allow that. That was against all our known knowledge and custom. Mara defied us and fled, concealing herself with powers that we did not know she possessed. She was lost to us for many years until that fateful day that she was killed."

"She returned to us, but was still lost to us. She was no longer a goddess, but no longer human. We could not bring her back. All we could do was preserve her spirit. She was sent back to earth each winter by Apophis who is the god of the underworld and death. We could not stop him from sending her. He wants her in his realm and to do that she must turn evil. She would provide him a tremendous amount of power and upset the balance of the world. Chaos and destruction would result. We could not help her directly. We sent various ghostly entities over the years to keep her company during her winter sojourn. They bonded enough to keep her from going completely to the darkness but she was getting very close to turning. We waited desperately for her soulmate to be reborn. Destiny led him to her. His love brought her back from the brink of a demonic destiny. Apophis was angered to lose her. His response will be violent."

"Your soulmate Lee is destined to revive Mara. He did something with his spell that has kept Apophis from reaching her as she slumbers. We are grateful for his protection of our Mara. Her memories of us, her sisters, will still be gone, blocked by whatever she did to take human form and live amongst you. We miss her so very much but she chose her own fate, leaving us behind. We, her blood sisters, will not be able to protect her or help you. Those she calls friends are her family now. You must relate this story to her and the others. Perhaps hearing it will bring her memories back. Work together, please save Mara."
    51864763712_72a6e78aa5_o.jpg

Layla is stunned by the revelation and opens her mouth to speak but shuts it quickly knowing Phoebe might look sweet and innocent but her anger can cut as deep as any sword. Phoebe watches Layla and nods her head allowing her to speak.
    51833204460_f1d128e82c_o.jpg

Layla tells them of the visions she had before being pulled here and they acknowledge some concern that Apophis is quite angry with them as well.
    “He cannot get to us easily though so don’t be concerned about us. We appreciate the warning. Plant some wisteria around the home as protection from the underworld demons. That will help but it will take all of you to protect Mara."
    "We understand you do not want to be the Oracle any longer and as you now know, it must be someone without a soulmate. We do agree that some training might be useful and once we have selected the candidates we will send them to you for training and the final decision will be made after training.”
    51866381980_b18acf9cd2_o.jpg

“Come with us”

The three sisters lead Layla deeper into the temple, finally entering a room with an elaborate coffin surrounded by plants including the aromatic wisteria. Lying in the coffin looking as if she is asleep is Mary.

Layla is overwhelmed seeing Mary like this and cries out. Vestia reaches out and pats her shoulder. "She is not hurting. Truly, it is like sleep."

Layla straightens and looks at the three Fates. "We will bring her back and we will protect her."
    51833204340_190f422d79_o.jpg
    @bekkasan (So I know I already shared a reaction to you via text, but now I'm gonna share what I was thinking and feeling when I read it. :mrgreen: )
    Woooooie! Here we go! :smiley: I'm gonna be scrolling extra slowly as I'm reading this next part. I don't want to miss a thing - not saying I usually do :p You know what I mean - cause I have the feeling it's gonna get dramatic! :mrgreen:
    Ah, very observant Layla discovering the flickering torch light. ;)
    Oh my what is she going to find down there???
    The Fates! They are...ok. :grey_question: I mean, that's good :star: , but...what? Huh? How?
    "What do you mean it's about time?" Layla stands up and asks with frustration. "I spent hours hunting you in the Realm the other day to the point of exhaustion? Where were you then? Where am I?”
    ^Right!?
    That's interesting they couldn't reach her very well with Lee - her soulmate - being nearby...
    Haha! Vestia's dislike for the lovey dovey among soulmates cracked me up. :lol: (I think I would be a little upset watching that stuff too if I was a Fate and couldn't experience it myself... :( )
    I'm glad they aren't upset with Layla choosing a different path either. :relieved:
    All three Fates speak as one. “We sit in sorrow for our sister Mara, the one you know as Mary.”
    ^WHAAAAT!? :open_mouth:
    0vSkXx.gif
    I mean...how...I...umm...I mean...that's totally AWESOME...but...I must read more! :smiley:

Ahhhh, I see. It all makes sense now. WOW!
    I loved this about Mara/Mary so much!
    She didn’t want to watch over the people. Instead, she wanted to live amongst them and help directly.
    And I totally remember her going a little "darkside" before Damien showed up and thank the Lord he did!! <3 Love conquers all!
    This Apophis guy sounds bad. REALLY bad! :worried: (I totally recognize that name by the way. :smirk: Took me a bit. ;) )
    Wisteria being a protection for the win! I LOVE Wisteria. :love:
    The three sisters lead Layla deeper into the temple, finally entering a room with an elaborate coffin surrounded by plants including the aromatic wisteria. Lying in the coffin looking as if she is asleep is Mary.

Layla is overwhelmed seeing Mary like this and cries out. Vestia reaches out and pats her shoulder. "She is not hurting. Truly, it is like sleep."
    ^Awwww. I could really feel Layla's emotions here and it got me teared up a little. <3
    Heck yeah they will bring her back!!! :star:

Oh my S, that was one heck of a revelation! :smiley: Definitely not what I was thinking; BETTER! :star: I'm dying for more! I wanna see Mary in human form! ;) And I want to see Damien's reaction as well. <3

The temple scene was gorgeously set up, the Fates are beautiful, same with Layla, I love all the poses and cc you used and the emotions you perfectly captured. Very well done! :star:
    edited February 2022
    @bekkasan

You are so brilliant at staging things up wow! these scenes are
    so amazingly well done I'm speechless. I'm glad she finally found Mary even if shes
    sleeping in a coffin!

@emorrill Thank you! I love reading your comments. :heart:
    I'm so thrilled I was able to surprise you and other readers. :grin:
    I thought it was a great twist when I was thinking of all the things that could happen in this story. Definitely not as predictable. :grin:
    hehe, Apophis was my favorite bad character in that series. Stargate for anyone reading this who is curious.
    I gotta play more now to add more to the story. I've been building for Disney Magic Kingdom while doing the writing. Gotta finish the Emporium I'm working on. I did a little more yesterday evening. I keep changing things which is actually for the better, but I should know when to stop. :lol:

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you for your comments! :heart: I'm glad you enjoyed the staging and reveal. :smiley:
    Great pics and pics on the wall too. Love the dresses and the setting. (Have you ever wished that those chairs had a mirror image, and possibly a center balanced one as well? I have!) Interesting development. I like the name Mara for Mary.

@ciane Thanks! :heart:
    Yes! I want mirror images for those chairs. I actually looked around for some cc, but nothing spoke to me so went with them.
    :smiley: I like the name too.
    @Sims4MagicalTales (Hey Deafsimmer) Cool new name! The goal is to bring Mary back. Will they be successful? Let us hope so. :grin:
    edited June 2022
    Layla's Story

Damien and Dave return to the headquarters after a long walk in the fresh air. Elias catches up with them before they enter the building.

“I went to the coppers and gave them the information. I will be searching for other storerooms if you need me.
    “Let me know what you find out,” Damien responds.

Dave turns back to the doorway. “We'd better get downstairs before the others show up.”
    52106642125_d1a23a0dc0_o.jpg

Layla rouses from her trance and jumps out of bed, a fearful expression on her face. Her first thought as she rushes downstairs is to find Lee.
    52105123202_2be0062f7f_o.jpg

“What is the matter, Layla?" Bekka questions as she stops Layla from running out the door. "You seem frightened!"
    52106170328_4872ee6301_o.jpg

Layla's words rush out as she tries to scramble past Bekka. “I am!” she screams. “The Fates appeared to me while I slept. I saw Mary! I need Lee! Damien needs to know what is happening. We must prepare before Lee brings her back. We only have a couple of days left to be ready for what is about to happen."
    51906900142_775899d6f3_o.jpg

“Layla, please slow down. Take a deep breath...or two.” Bekka looks at her with concern. “You are not making any sense. I've never seen you this frantic."

Layla tries again to push past Bekka. “Come with me to find Lee and Jamie, and I will explain everything to all of you.”

“All right, but I think you should call Lee and let him know we are on the way. It's probably not a good idea for us just to show up in the middle of a police stakeout. After all, we are not supposed to know where they are.”
    51907867356_ee6c63fb93_o.jpg

Nodding her head in agreement, Layla takes a deep breath and tries to calm down. “Oh, yes, that is an excellent point! I'm obviously not thinking clearly.” Layla contacts Lee and explains it is imperative she speak with him and Jamie right away. Lee senses Layla's agitation and fear and asks her to come. He will explain to the others they are on the way.
    51907867186_0bf4451b43_o.jpg
    51907867151_a55304313f_o.jpg

Layla takes a few more deep breaths to calm her still racing heart. She grasps Bekka's hand in hers, closes her eyes and focuses on Lee. The two of them teleport. Lee and Jamie, who is up from his nap, greet their ladies with obvious concern.
    51911361037_efe7a55a9a_o.jpg

Detective Abbott grins at their prompt arrival and murmurs to Chief Gerrard. “We really should get a few more occult officers on the police force. That is a very handy and efficient way to travel.”
    Chief Gerrard cordially welcomes the ladies. “I’m sorry we cannot leave our surveillance, but please use the other room if you need privacy.”
    Layla sincerely thanks the Chief. "I understand you must monitor Damien and those criminals. This concerns him as well, so you need to hear what I have to say.”
    51912644114_4be6d45fe4_o.jpg

The surveillance computers are set on alert mode while they talk. The detective sits near one of the computers to monitor the screen while also paying attention to Layla.
    Once all are seated, Layla relates her nightmare and how the Fates found her and drew her into their realm. Lee, Jamie and Bekka are astounded to discover that Mary was originally a sister to the Fates. Detective Abbott and Chief Gerrard are amazed at Layla’s story of her journey into another realm. Her story is frightening if it is true and they have no reason to doubt her at this time.
    "Anything could happen with an angry god. We must prepare to keep Mary and the town safe when you bring her back, Lee. The Fates are in danger as well, although they are not concerned for some reason.”
    51908495425_db807ceebb_o.jpg

The only sound in the room after Layla completes her story is the soft whirring from the computers monitoring the criminals. Everyone seems stunned into silence by the revelations.
    Jamie stands up and then abruptly sits back down, his body unable to bear his weight. He passes his hands over his face as he exclaims, "Amazing! Our Mary, a Fate! And, she angered the demon god, Apophis by avoiding becoming a demon poltergeist. Yes, we must prepare to save Mary and prevent any backlash on the town. I have faced a few demons in my career. Minor ones though. This one sounds powerful, but he can be defeated. If we work together we will defeat him. I need to talk with Damien as soon as possible. This conversation cannot go through Elias."
    51912327671_4214f3d8b7_o.jpg

Lee reaches out and holds Layla’s hand. “I’m sorry you had to go through that without me.”
    He looks around the table at the others. “The underworld and demons are well known to me as well. This Apophis could unleash a hoard on us. We must find a way to contain him and provide protective spells for the town. I will notify the council and request help for the protective spells."
    "I agree with Jamie, Damien needs to know what is happening," Lee glances over at the Chief.
    51912644094_b65804d70c_o.jpg

Chief Garrard stands and strokes his chin. “We have a back up plan to get him out. If you think we should do it now, I will make the call."
    52106385724_0a453b171e_o.jpg

A ping from the computer interrupts them. Detective Abbott turns back to the computer and hits a few keys. “It looks like the boss has arrived. Damien and Dave are headed to his office now. If we are going to get him out it should be soon. We know the boss had plans to do a job with him tonight.
    52105107947_2c101205a0_o.jpg

Jamie stands walking back and forth in the cramped room. "I've been thinking, Damien does need to know what is going on, but I don't think pulling him out today is the answer either. I'm a little worried what this news will do to him. His bond with Mary almost took him from us before. I'm going in because he needs to hear about this from me. He is stronger than when she left. I don't think I will need to use a block again, but I will if I have to and then yes, we will have to get him out. I hope I can convince him to stay until we need him. Lee, I'm going to need a little help from you to get in. Plan B, which we discussed previously should work."
    52106169948_4eb78c8197_o.jpg
    Post edited by bekkasan on
    @bekkasan Woo hoo! I'm so so excited to read more of the story! :smiley:
    I thought it was very sweet (and realistic) of Layla to long for her love, Lee, after the nightmare she just witnessed, along with what she learned from the Fates! 💖
    Detective Abbott whispering to the Chief about how beneficial it would be to have supernaturals on the Police force, made me chuckle. :lol:
    Good. Now everyone knows the truth. :star: Well, except Damien. ;)
    I loved the way you described Jamie's reaction to the truth about Mary. 👍 I could totally picture it and feel the depth of emotion. :)
    Lee reaches out and holds Layla’s hand. “I’m sorry you had to go through that without me.”
    ^Awwww. <3
    I 100% agree with Jamie and his plan to inform Damien. I was fully ready to watch him rock n roll, but.....I have to wait for more. Boo! :cry:;):kissing_heart:
    Greatly looking forward to it! :smiley:

@emorrill Thanks so much for your sweet comments. I was really happy to have time for playing and writing in Mary's world again.
    hehe, sorry you have to wait for more. :wink:
    @bekkasan

Was to tired last night so read it today,
    wow, how nice to see another update!
    Lee and Layla really fit together, so sweet how she missed him.
    So glad to see an update! Really glad you had time to sim! :smiley:

@ciane Thank you! :smiley: I was happy too and glad you didn't give up on me. Hopefully will have some time tomorrow. Worked some today and then had a fun baby shower.
    Glad you got to enjoy some more simming and a fun baby shower too!!!
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @bekkasan: I'm going to re-read the story from the beginning as I haven't remembered everything. I'm glad you got to sim and a fun baby shower. :)
    :) Smile!

@ciane Thanks!

@Puddinroy Thanks! I hope you enjoy the reading the story again. :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top