Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Story of Oscar and Louise

1235...Next

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited April 2022
    @Puddinroy thank you. Here's a few more.

It's been a struggle. Lots of issues with sorting out this game. It needs plenty of maintenance and I've been focusing on just getting the videos done. That's why it's taking so long to fix up now I suspect.

I got to the point where I was ready to move some households from Lucky Palms to Glenvale City. There were about 113 of my sims in Lucky Palms. That doesn't count the service sims and other sims the game generates. It is either sims I've made at some point and added to the game, sims born in the game to sims I've added to the game or townies I've played as part of my stories, and the townies that are part of my stories and I've played.

I need to get the number of my sims in Lucky Palms down to around 80. I also need to send Ted Fields back to Lucky Palms to be with his main family. Ted is a central character. He's a son of Patience and Ted Fields. He's one of Patience's 15 children.

The original founding couple in this Big Game are Patience Ogalvie, and her one and only husband, now ex-husband, Marty Hansen. Patience and Marty had 5 children before she ran off with Gobias Koffi and left Marty with their 5 children to raise. Marty hired Marcie as a live in nanny and they eventually married and had 5 more children.

Patience lives in Lucky Palms as do several of her children she had with Marty as well as with Gobias Koffie and Ted Fields.

Ted's parents and sister live in Lucky Palms too. I may move them out. I haven't decided for sure yet.

Marty and Marcie's eldest son, Mark, lives in Lucky Palms with his wife and 6 children.

Marty and Marcie with their 4 younger children moved from Dark Harbor to Glenvale City.

I plan to move Mark's family to Glenvale City along with a few other sims.

Firstly I need to send Tom Fields back to Lucky Palms. I found him and his second wife, Donna, at the gym. Some of the Hansen family were at the gym too and I got a couple of screenshots.

Here is a pic of Muriel Hansen, Donna Fields and Tom Fields as well as Muriel's twin sister Matilda at the gym in Glenvale City.

Muriel-Donna-Ted-Matilda.jpg

This is still in the same gym and it shows Tom (calling the travel agent to travel to Lucky Palms) as well as Muriel and her father Marty and Tom's wife Donna.

Ted-Muriel-Marty-Donna.jpg

On this trip to Lucky Palms Tom was reunited with his other, and first wife, Olwyn.

I had to send Tom alone on this trip as my travelling sim, Isabel, was nowhere to be found in Glenvale City. Surprisingly I found the game had sent her to Lucky Palms and she'd settled in and had a job and all. I soon put a stop to that. Isabel collected two small households and returned to Glenvale City with them. They are Harriet Jackson and her plant sim daughter Colleen.

The second household was Shirley Butler-Thompson and her large white dog. Shirley and the dog were previously occupants of the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island and I was looking for them as they were not at the boarding school when I went looking for them there.

This is a pic of Shirly and Snow, her dog, while at the Chocolate Cake Island Boarding School.
    ShirleySnow001.jpg

Once I got the two households settled into their new world I sent Isabel back to collect Mark and Maria Hansen and their family. Their eldest son is Mike and he played a prominent part in earlier videos of the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island. Mike was at the boarding school when Oscar first arrived there. I'm thinking Oscar might like to visit Mike at some point in future videos.

I had a few problems with Maria. Her portrait went black and she was really unstable. Resetting her didn't help. Her everyday outfit was corrupt too. She's had that outfit through several games since I first made her in about 2010. So I took her into CAS and gave her a new skin and everyday outfit and so far that seems to have fixed her.

This is Maria.
    Maria-Hansen.jpg

Maria-Hansen002.jpg

Maria-Hansen003.jpg

Mike was still a child and I decided he needed to be a teen if Oscar decides to visit so I had a birthday cake for Mike.

This is Mike when he was at the Chocolate Cake Boarding school. It's an old screenshot but I didn't get any new ones of him as a child. I got some video though.
    Mike008.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of Mike after aging up to teen.

Mike-Hansen001.jpg

Mike-Hansen002.jpg

I haven't had him in stylist yet and have no idea what other outfits he's been given by the game. I'll probably keep his hair but might change his clothes eventually.

I found Mike's little sister had two imaginary friends in her inventory and they both said they were her toy. I took one and gave it to Maria as she's never had one and I just wanted to get rid of the doll and make it real.

Problem was no one in this household knew how to make the potion to make the imaginary friends real. I had a look at how advanced their potion making skills were and found Mark knew two potions and all of the rest of the household knew none at all. Mark had a logic level of 8 so I was quite hopeful he might discover the potion fairly quickly and set him to work. In the end it was the second potion he discovered so I got him to make enough of them for Maria and Mike to turn their imaginary friends real.

Here is Mark making a potion to turn the imaginary friend real.
    Mark-Hansen.jpg

Mark has a doll in his inventory too. I will eventually have a go at making it real too. I use Debug Enabler to help make these dolls live when I want them to be made real. I used to hang around and wait for it to just happen when the game decided to do it.

Anyway, I made the doll I gave to Maria real first. It's name was Buddy. Maria is a Young Adult, almost an Adult. So Buddy became real as an adult. Poor Buddy, he was taken from a child's inventory originally. Buddy became Brett. I had a great time with him. I think he turned out close to what I was thinking when I started work on him. At the moment I'm mostly experimenting with the size and shape of their noses. But Buddy has a few other things happening. He is wearing lots of makeup and I had fun with that.

This pic shows him with his makeup on.
    Brett-Hanson003.jpg

Brett-Hanson004.jpg

Brett-Hanson002.jpg

This is before he had his makeup applied.
    Brett-Hanson001.jpg

Since the Hansen household is already full I moved Brett out to live alone. I sent him to a few classes and gave him a tree of prosperity to help his skills along.

I found a pic of Mike waiting beside his birthday cake.
    Mikes-Birthday.jpg

I had tried and failed to make Mike's imaginary friend real while he was still a child, but once he became a teen the process worked and here is Mikes IF, Bo bo as a real sim and his name is now Bobby.

Bobby-Hansen.jpg

Bobby-Hansen002.jpg

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Karritz: Awesome. I like the imaginary friends turned real. :)
    :) Smile!

Puddinroy wrote: »
    @Karritz: Awesome. I like the imaginary friends turned real. :)

Thank you. I don't understand the psychology of it, but I get so much more fun and a bigger challenge when making one of them over than I do when making a new sim. So I will continue to do it.
    Back at the end of the first week of April I wasn't making much progress most days due to crashing and Error 12 which is caused by having too many sims in worlds. But yesterday's lack of progress was not for that reason. It was due to me deciding to play the two households I moved from Lucky Palms to Glenvale City. They are both households with toddlers and I hadn't played either of them for years. They were on my mind as needing a bit of attention.

I moved both households together to Glenvale City and I got fresh houses from my library for them. It was the same house for both of them. It was the Shady Boughs house that came with the Base Game. It has 3 bedrooms. One is a done up as a nursery.

I placed the house on one of the chosen lots and went through it replacing beds, bathroom objects, and kitchen appliances. Then I copied the updated version onto the second lot.

I moved the Goldsmiths into the first house. Geordie and Rita have a son who has recently aged up to child. During one of my visits to Lucky Palms I had made a few of the sims pregnant and this household was one of them.

The other household was the Genie household. Megan and Grant. Megan is a fairy and she is my acrobat sim who I hope to have performing in one of more episodes. She is level 10 at that career and looks wonderful when performing. Grant is a genie and his career is as a scuba diver. He has got to level 7 in that career before I moved them out of the world that had dive lots they were in. Their son was a toddler and he had no skills. Megan was pregnant. She was one of the four sims I'd made pregnant during one of Isable's recent visits to Lucky Palms.

I have traveller mod set up to allow pregnant sims to travel but I have a vague recollection that, whilst they can travel they may not still be pregnant on arrival in the destination world. So I decided to wait in Lucky Palms for the babies to be born.

While waiting I played the Genie household. I'd previously come across Grant teaching Donald, their toddler son, to walk in the park. But his walking sill was only at level 1. So I set about training him in all toddler skills and even managed to get him to read all of his toddler books while waiting for the baby to be born. When there was about 1 toddler book left to read Megan raced off to hospital and brought a baby boy home. I named him Wayne. His traits were not spectacular he got slob and one other unremarkable trait. I left him with them. I got notifications that two other babies were born. They were 2 baby girls.

The births were in the order of girl boy girl. This was a little suspicious to me so I checked pregnancy under Story Progression and found the baby gender was set to Balanced. I've had problems with that setting before. The mod tries to balance the number of sims with each gender in the world. It all seems to work fine, but at one point in this game I had a lot of very old female sims who were about to die of old age and not many elderly male sims as they'd died of old age already. So every single baby born was male. It was turning into an entire new generation of male babies. So I always try to have the baby genders set to Random in Story Progression. I fixed that problem and in future the births will be random. Problem is I'll have to remember to change the setting in all worlds as I think it will only apply to the world I was playing when I changed the setting.

When little Donald had finished reading his books I gathered Isabel and the Goldsmith household together with the Genie household and they all travelled together to Glenvale City. This will be the final group I place in Glenvale City. I've now moved 83 sims to the world and with all the extras in the world such as service sims and homeless sims and new births and imaginary friends being made real it will soon be swamped with sims and I'll be looking to move some out of it.

The first household I placed into their new home was the Goldsmith family. I hadn't played them for a few real life years. When I last played them their baby, Gavyn, was newly born and now he had just become a child. Fortunately it seems he had been to boarding school while a toddler. That's probably why he is a child already as he would have aged during his time at boarding school. Otherwise he should have been about the same age as little Donald Genie.

Geordie Goldsmith is a witch and his wife, Rita is a genie. Gavyn, their son, is a witch and genie hybrid. He was born at a time when I first added the hybrid mod to my game and had set it up in Story Progression to allow hybrid babies to be born. Their baby daughter who has just been born before leaving Lucky Palms is not a hybrid. She's a witch. I'll have to check how I've got the hybrid settings in Lucky Palms.

Gavyn had an imaginary friend he was playing with and I thought I'd like to make it real. But there was no chemistry table and none of them had much in the way of skill relating to potions. Geordie had high logic so I added a chemistry table to the household and he got to work. He worked fast and only got singed once and managed to discover all 10 potions. So that might be useful later on if there is a need for some other potion.

I wondered why Geordie wasn't heading off to work each day and discovered Geordie was in the inventing career. His work was at home. Problem was he had no inventing table in his new house and there was no room to place one.

I don't think I've played a sim in the inventing career so I left him in it. Since there was no room for any of the larger skilling objects I took the roof off the house and found a spot where I could add a spiral staircase going up and made a large empty room at the top of the house. I placed several objects there including the inventing table, chemistry table, elixir making object and gem cutting machine. I added a few all in one bathrooms too just in case he catches on fire.

Gavyn made his imaginary friend real and I gave him a makeover. He was another Hesper and I renamed him Hugo. It's getting hard to find names beginning with H or B. I might have to relax my rule that the imaginary friends have to keep their initial when their name changes.

When Hesper became real he had blue and red hair in a checkerboard pattern.
    Hesper.jpg

I took him into CAS and Stylist and he got a makeover.
    Hesper-Hugo.jpg

I noticed him going through a series of bizarre actions and checked his traits he had a trait combination that I decided I really couldn't live with and changed them. The only one I remember is insane but the others were no better.

This is Hugo in his final every day outfit.
    Hugo-Goldsmith.jpg

Once Hugo was done I moved onto the Genie household and made sure they were all good and sent Isabel to Lucky Palms. After that I turned off the computer for the night and today is a new day. I just opened my game and Isabel is now in Lucky Palms ready to collect the final few sims I plan to move out of that world. Lucky Palms currently has 94 of my sims in it. I want that down close to 80 to reduce the risk of Error 12 to close to 0.

The households I'll be moving today are the Fields, Smith and Wilson households.

Currently there are two sims in the Fields household living in Lucky Palms. Emma and Jack fields are the parents of Ted and Mena. Ted is an ex-partner of Patience and is the father of 4 of her 15 children so the Fields family is central to the story. Mena is currently at the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island and I think it's time she found a husband and had some children. She won't find one while she's in Chocolate Cake Island. I'll have to decide what to do with her when I empty Chocolate Cake Island. I'll probably place her as a single sim in a world with a few unattached male sims and let nature take its course.

The Smith household is a branch of the Fields household. Theresa Fields and Charlie Smith have been together since I had the game in Twin Towns. Charlie has commitment issues so they are not married. It's been a rocky romance for this pair but they are still together and every so often they produce another baby. Theresa recently had another baby girl as she was one of the sims I'd made pregnant while at Lucky Palms. Theresa is the daughter of Patience and Ted. She and Charlie have 4 children. Three toddlers and a baby. They have been sadly neglected. Those toddlers should be teens by now so I'm going to have to play them a bit to get them ready to age up to child when they arrive in Cornucopia. They now have 3 girls and a boy.

The Wilson family consists of Tammi Fields (another daughter of Patience and Ted) and her partner Jebediah Wilson and their daughters Amelia and Allyson. The girls have been to Chocolate Cake Island boarding school and completed their toddler training and possibly their child skills too. They are currently both children. Obviously Tammi and Theresa are sisters.

There is one other Fields family in Lucky Palms. I will leave them there for the moment. This is Tom Fields. He is the son of Patience and Ted. Tom is the one with the two wives in two different worlds. He spends time with each of them. Both wives have babies with him so he's in a bit of a bind. Poor Tom.

Lucky I have my spreadsheet as it can be a bit confusing about who is related to who. It'll be handy when Eric and Oscar and Susanne start visiting Eric and Susanne's relatives. For example most of the Hansens are his cousins, but Oscar's friend Mike Hanson is not related to Eric because Mike's grand parents are Marty and Marcie. Marty was Patience's original husband who she left to move in with Gobias. Marcie is Marty's second wife.

Mike Hanson who is not related to Eric but is Oscar's friend from boarding school.
    MikeHansen001.jpg

I moved three households to Cornucopia from Lucky Palms. I think Lucky Palms should be ok for now. It's still showing up as red in my spreadsheet because I set the upper limit to 80 of my sims (this is NOT the total number of sims in the world, just the ones I play with). Lucky Palms has 83 of my sims in it now.

The households I moved are The Fields household, The Wilson household and The Smith household.

I have placed them into their final homes in Cornucopia but haven't settled them all in yet. Today I'll focus on the Smith household. I'll try to do the Fields as well because they are the great grandparents of the children from the other two households.

There was one thing I discovered when I was looking around Cornucopia. There is a second Wilson household in the world. This household was moved, house and all, from Dark Harbor. Some time ago I came across an old game from back in around 2010. It was Patience and Jebediah Wilson who were married with several children. I wanted the household in the game but already had a Patience and a Jebediah in the game but living in another world, Lucky Palms. I changed their names to Jim and Florence. I planned to add them as siblings of Patience and Jebediah but haven't been able to do that yet because of them living in different worlds. Now that I have both Jebediahs in the same world I'll be able to fix their family trees to make them siblings. I might send Florence to Lucky Palms to fix her family tree as I may not be able to do that after Patience dies of old age and I'm sure that'll happen soon as she's been an elder for a really long time now.

The screenshots below are all from the Wilson household.

The Wilson household is part of the main family that started the Big Game because Jebediah's partner, Tammi, is a daughter of Patience and Ted Fields. So the Fields household I just moved from Lucky Palms are Tammi's grandparents, and her children's great-grandparents. And the other household I moved with them, the Smith household are also related because Theresa is Tammi's sister.

Most of these pics are about the imaginary friends becoming real.

Firstly the eldest daughter of this Wilson family is Allyson. Here she is with Pat, her Imaginary Friend who just leapt into life.

Patand-Allyson.jpg

I'm sure @bekkasan will enjoy this initial image of Pat as she was in CAS.

Pat001.jpg

I was somewhat surprised that I could get the exact same hair on two consecutive imaginary friends made real. The only reason this one looks sort of acceptable is the colours. This time it's purple and blue squares rather than the red and blue squares that little Hesper had.

I had to look up girls names starting with P to find a name for Pat. I already have a Patrick and a Pat in another world. I chose Paislee. I've never heard of anyone with this name in real life but it was in the list of names I found.

Paislee-Pat001.jpg

Final Paislee in her everyday outfit.

Paislee001.jpg

I set Paislee to work on her child cooking skill. Then she went fishing and got herself some fish and 3 skill points in fishing.

While Paislee was out fishing I pulled Amelia's doll from her inventory and it instantly leapt into life.

Here are a couple of pics of Riley as she was before being made real.

Riley001.jpg

The second pic includes Amelia doing her homework in the background.

Riley-And-Amelia-Wilson.jpg

It took me a while to find hair I liked for Riley. I decided on a long single plait down her back. The plaits that hung down her front were all practically horizontal. I was wishing I knew their names so I could remove them from my hair collection and put other more usable hairs into my game.

I kept her original name as it sounded like a reasonable girls name to me. And then Riley completed her child cooking skill.

I'd kept Paislee from doing her child blocks skill until Riley was ready to do it and they did it together. A little bit of Imaginary Friends made real bonding.

Paislee-And-Riley001.jpg

Before any of the imaginary friends could be made real I needed some potions. I found Tami had logic almost to level 8. She needed to be level 8 in logic to be able to make that potion. And she'd already made most of the potions so she wasn't going to make me wait while she discovered all 10 potions before she made the one I wanted. The two little girls hadn't done any work on potions yet.

Here's Tammi working on the potions. She made two of them once she knew how to do it.

Tami001.jpg

There seems to be a problem with Tami as she flips into her everyday outfit during the process of discovering a potion. She does it every time. I think I noticed this phenomena in some of the sims from 30 Grandchildren Badge attempt as well.

The children are playing in the playground on their home lot. They are in that big white house I made over for the 30 Grandchildren Badge attempt in Cake Island.

Wilsons.jpg

I feel I'm starting to get onto the top of this census thing. I've completed all of the worlds I have in the Big Game. I know how many sims are in each one and who they are and the address of each household. It's taken me over a month so far. No wonder I've been putting it off.

I finalised the population of Cornucopia. I moved three households from Lucky Palms and settled them all in. There were are few issues but Error 12 wasn't one of them. I am now highly motivated to use slightly smaller worlds and to keep the population under control.

I still haven't come across Salty Seaworth. He might be in Cake Island. I just realised I haven't done a census of that world yet but my spreadsheet tells me it needs a few sims moved out of it. I just checked my spreadsheet and it tells me I did the census of Cake Island on 13th March. I need to check that. It needs some sims moved out of it so I'll have to go back anyway. I'm wondering if I did some households carefully, but not others because there are some sims in that world that I wanted to check up on and I don't remember doing that with all of them. I do remember checking some of the sims in that world though. I've got 989 sims in my spreadsheet so I could have forgotten a few but I don't think so. I do know I occasionally skipped a few households and assumed all was good with them.

Moving sims out of overcrowded worlds makes a huge difference.

I launched a few worlds I have installed already to check how big they are when empty. I've left the biggest worlds to last. I've played them in this game before and had to move sims out of them due to memory issues. So when I loaded them up with just one sim placed in the world the memory used was almost at the upper limit that results in repeated error 12 and crashes. So I went looking and downloaded a heap of worlds from @Rflong7 and @Rflong13 on the Exchange. I installed one of them, Twikkii Island and will start moving sims from Barnacle Bay there today. I only need to move 13 sims from Barnacle Bay to get its population down to 80 of my played sims. I will take the fairies from the fairy village first. There aren't many of them left there so they might as well all go. Then I'll see how many others need moving.

Then I still need to move 13 sims from Sunlit Tides and Moonlight Falls and I need to move 9 sims from Cake Island. Lucky Palms still have 2 sims over my 80 sim limit and Glenvale City is 3 sims over the limit I have imposed. I'll see how they run when I get Oscar and his buddies visiting those worlds. If there is any sign of Error 12 or crashing I'll be moving at least one more household out of those worlds.

I have several spare worlds that look promising from my download session yesterday.

I only got 3 screenshots yesterday.

I found that Theresa Fields still had her imaginary friend doll in her inventory. She's and adult now. I decided to get her to make the potion. Her logic was almost at level 8. She had obviously worked on the chemistry table before and already knew how to make two potions. I didn't really look closely to see what they were and was about to tell her to start discovering potions when I thought I saw something so did a double check on the potions she already knew. One of them was the Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion. So I told her to make it. I got her Imaginary Friend, Pal, to become live and she drank the potion eventually. Then I sent her on a few classes to get the beginnings of some skills before moving her out to live in a tiny house in Cornucopia. She soon found herself a job in the Criminal career. She's mean spirited and she had told me she wanted to join the criminal career bit I didn't tell her to do it so as soon as she could make her own decisions that's exactly what she did.

Here is Theresa working on the potion to make her IF real.
    Theresa-Fields.jpg

This is Phyllis, Theresa's IF made real in Stylist. I got the screen shot as I was stunned with the combination the game gave her for a formal outfit.

Phyllis-Fields.jpg

And Theresa's eldest daughter, Olivia already knew all of her toddler skills and had read all of the toddler books so she got a birthday cake.

Olivia-Ages-Up-To-Child.jpg

If she'd been given some attention over the years Olivia ought to be a teen and almost a young adult by now. So I thought she'd been a toddler for long enough. There are plenty of children in Cornucopia so she should get to know most of them whenever Eric and Oscar and Susanne visit. Eric has several households to visit in Cornucopia. Theresa is his aunt.

So now I'm about to launch the game and send sims to Twikkii Island.

Happy Simming All

EDIT: I was looking for the wallpaper that has the magic castle scene for the nursery in Theresa's place. I failed to find it but I did find several other combinations of wallpaper that made scenes. One of those scenes in on the wall behind the chemistry table that Theresa is working on.

My spreadsheet tells me there are 9 children in Cornucopia including 2 of Olivia's cousins and their two imaginary friends made real. I didn't make Olivia's Imaginary Friend real yet.

It's another day and I'm another day closer to getting my Big Game fixed.

I needed to remove 13 sims from Barnacle Bay. I thought I'd start with the fairies in the Fairy Village. It turns out there were exactly 13 fairies in the world so Isabel gathered them all together with their dogs and cats and horses. It was quite a large group that travelled this time but they made it. I saved their houses to my library and now I'm attempting to place them into the world. Since the lots in Twikkii Island are mostly flat and the fairy village is on very hilly terrain it's taking me quite a while to get the houses into the world. I've got two placed with two families settled. In one of the households I've managed to get settled into their home there is a toddler that I know has all his toddler skills and read all of his books because he was in the Boarding School in Barnacle Bay when I was experimenting with getting toddlers to use the playpen and walker to maximise their charisma, logic and handiness skills so he is quite advanced in those three skills as well. Even though he hasn't been played a lot he has all necessary skills so qualifies to age up in my opinion so he had a cake.

Here are a few pics.

Brian and Faye Flower are a couple and living in what was the main house in the fairy village. Originally all of the older fairies were in this house. I eventually moved them out as I built smaller houses for them.

I've never seen a cow plant looking like this. You can see a small tombstone nearby. It is on the lot and is a paparazzi that the cow plant ate. He was the only sim I've ever had killed by the cow plant. I rarely use a cow plant in my games. Mostly the cow plant spits them out but this time it didn't.

Brian-And-Faye-Flower-At-Home-INBarnacle-Bay.jpg

This is most of the group of travellers arriving at the base camp that came with Twikki Island. Some had already wandered off before I got the screenshot so they are not all in it. The toddler with the blue wings is little Lydell. I gave him a birthday cake after placing his household in their home.
    Arriving-In-Twikkii-Island.jpg

After I settled Brian and Faye into their home in Twikkii Island the Cow Plant looked much healthier. It seems to have recovered after it's time spent in my library. I found Faye tempting it with a large lolly.

Faye-Flower001.jpg

Faye-Flower002.jpg

Here is Lydell Flower enjoying his birthday cake in the garden. He just aged up to child. His household is the one with the horses.

Lydell-Flower001.jpg

The next house I place has a baby, a toddler and a child. I might age up both the toddler and child. They were also at the boarding school in Barnacle Bay and have plenty of skills. Their mother wants to be surrounded by family so it is possible they might get two more younger siblings at some stage.

I better get to work on it.

I still have to move sims from Cake Island, Moonlight Falls and Sunlit Tides. Then I'll be done and back to video making again.

Happy Simming all.
    Today is a new day and I missed yesterday too.

However the day before saw Nate Flower and his family moving into Twikkii Island.

I didn't get a shot of Nate but here's an old one so you know who I'm talking about.

Nate is holding his first baby, Gloria in this pic.
    NateGloria001.jpg

They were living in the Fairy Village in Barnacle Bay at the time.

And here is Nate's wife, Penelopie. She's holding their second baby daughter, Stephanie.
    PenelopeStephanie001.jpg

I played the fairy toddlers in the Boarding School at Barnacle Bay when I was focusing on getting them to maximise their skills from the Playpen and Walker as well as doing the regular toddler skills and reading all toddler books. So the two little girls became well educated. They shared their time at the boarding school with other fairy babies including Lydell Flower, who we saw age up to child yesterday and the children of Harry Flower who I posted about a few weeks ago. They are the fairies with the red wings.

The Nate Flower family have light yellow wings. Since they'd been toddlers for so long I had already aged up Lydell and now I'm going to age up Gloria and Stephanie as well as make their imaginary friends real and give all four of the little girls makeovers. Pics follow...

Penelopie had high logic skill and set to work discovering potions. It wasn't long before she found out about the Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion.

Gloria had her birthday a few years ago so she was already a child and didn't need to age up. But her imaginary friend, Puzzle, needed to be made real. I think Puzzle really wanted to be real because as soon as I dragged her from Gloria's inventory she sprang into life.

Penelopie-Gloria-Puzzle001.jpg

Penelopie-Gloria-Puzzle002.jpg

Penelopie-Gloria-Puzzle003.jpg

Next thing was ageing up Stephanie. Here she is being carried by Nate to her birthday cake in their garden.

Nate-And-Stephanie001.jpg

And everyone sat down inside the kitchen to eat a piece of Stephanie's birthday cake.
    Eating-Stephanies-Birthday-Cake001.jpg

Stephanie's imaginary friend was originally named Fluffs. She also sprang into life as soon as I pulled her from Stephanie's inventory.

Penelopie made potions for Puzzle and Fluffs to be made over.

I took Puzzle into CAS and this is how she was

Puzzle001.jpg

I got a side view to show why she didn't get to keep that hair.
    Puzzle002.jpg

I needed to look up girls names beginning with P and came up with Pheobe. I don't seem to have another Pheobe in my spreadsheet.

Unfortunately I didn't think of getting a good shot of Pheobe after her make over.

This is Gloria chatting with Pheobe
    Gloria-And-Pheobe001.jpg

Obviously her pre-makeover look was unremarkable as I didn't manage to get a screenshot of it.

And this is Fluffs, who became Freya, after her makeover.

Fluffs-Freya001.jpg

At this point it occurred to me that the two little girls, Gloria and Stephanie were looking very plain. I had never been happy with Gloria's look and now Stephanie looked just like her sister. So they both got makeovers. I found just changing their hairstyles made the most difference. I only gave them new hair and outfits. I didn't change anything about their faces. I might have given them new skins if they had EA skins. The new skins would have made them look more interesting too. But the hair did the most for them. I wasn't too sure about their facial features in CAS but after they got out of it they looked nice I thought. They were both born in game so I haven't touched their facial features in CAS.

Gloria being made over
    Gloria-Makeover01.jpg

And Gloria after her makeover
    Gloria-Made-Over001.jpg

And Stephanie got a makeover too.
    Stephanie-Makeover001.jpg

Stephanie and Fluffs
    Stephanie-And-Fluffs001.jpg

I made sure all of the little girls did their child cooking and blocks skills. No need for them to go to boarding school again before they age up to teen.

Here they are working on their blocks.

Looks like Pheobe has been holding court and is in costume.

Screenshot-148.jpg

Gloria-Stephanie-Pheobe-Freya.jpg

Screenshot-149.jpg

Faith Flower is an old sim I made many years ago and turned her into a fairy for this game. She lives alone and I moved her house from the Fairy Village in Barnacle Bay to a flat lot in Twikkii Island. Once I had the level right it was quite easy to turn her hilly lot into a flat lot. I worked out so long as I got the floor for the top of the stairs down to her underground living area, level with the surrounding terrain, I wouldn't have any problems with making the lot work on a flat area. I found the cheat SetImportedTerrainOffset was essential for moving all of those fairy houses into the new world as they had all been originally built on very hilly or steeply sloping ground in Barnacle Bay.

Screenshot-150.jpg

Screenshot-151.jpg

Lavender Rose Flower lives near Faith Flower but I didn't get any pics of her.

I needed to add an additional travelling sim for some reason. I think it was me trying to keep the family inventories from getting messed up and Isabel has a few things she's carrying with her at the moment. I might have to send her back to Moonfall Island just to dump her household inventory.

Anyway I added Mary Genie to the game. She hasn't been played much at all and isn't in any current games of mine. Here she is with Tina Flower. Tina is the mother of Lydell who I posted about a few days ago.

Screenshot-152.jpg

I'm gradually getting Twikkii Island populated. I'll double check a few things before sending Mary back to Moonfall Island to collect Isabel and another sim I needed to add to avoid catastrophe at some point. I forget her name so I hope I can find her. She's just an unplayed sim I found in my library. I made her but I don't remember anything about her. Some times I just make a sim and don't do anything with them. Or place them into a very short lived game.

Next post will be about the two Oxley families. I believe they were some of the reason for the terrible Error 12 problems I was having in Moonlight Falls. They both had huge basement gardens. They don't have gardens in Twikkii Island so far.

I am delighted to tell you that Moonlight Falls now has a population of about 81 of my played sims, they are mostly sims that came with the world, and that it now saves and plays smoothly. It was a nightmare to try to work with before all this moving started.

And Barnacle Bay finally plays and saves easily too. It was another world I avoided travelling to due to all of the issues I was having with it.

I bulldozed the houses in the fairy village and the extra houses I put into Moonlight Falls. There is still one fairy house in the fairy village because an elderly Inkbeard couple moved themselves into it. I will eventually bulldoze it but it doesn't seem to be causing any problems.

There are a few empty houses in both Barnacle Bay and Moonlight Falls now too. So I expect I will at some time in the future need to move more sims out of those worlds if their populations keep on growing.

All of the fairies I moved out of the Fairy Village got to keep their houses in their new worlds. They are spread across a few different worlds in the game now.

I'm getting very close to the point where I can start playing with Oscar and making videos again. I need to move 13 sims from Sunlit Tides and 9 from Cake Island. They should all fit into Twikkii Island. There are a lot of empty houses in that world so I don't expect to need to take houses from Sunlit Tides or Cake Island but it could be more complicated if I just take the sims as I need to watch what happens with family inventories if I make them travel in groups of sims from different households.

Happy Simming All.
    Yesterday became a marathon of aging up toddlers and making their imaginary friends real. I've not finished yet but it's getting close.

Recent moves to Twikkii Island are the final 3 households from Moonlight Falls. Dave and Edith Parker-Webb, Phil and Glorie Oxley and Eddie and Chris Oxley. By the way, if you watched the 30 Grandchildren series of videos you might remember Dave Webb and Ursula are married with two toddlers in that save. This is the same Dave Webb and I already had him married to Edith in this game a long time before I started 30 Grandchildren. I've since given a makeover to the Dave who's married to Edith in my Big Game. He has a custom skin now and some new clothes.

Eddie Oxley is a copy of Phil Oxley. I changed his name and made them brothers. Phil was the first werewolf I ever made. I occasionally get copies of sims in my Big Game because I mostly add single sims when adding a new sim, but for a long time I only played households of 8 single sims and when I got tired of that lot I started a new group of 8 sims and this went on for a few years. I stopped playing families due to family trees breaking. Now I have mods I can fix broken family trees and I'm back playing families again. But when I added those households of 8 sims to my game I would occasionally find one of them was already in the game so I'd make them siblings and change the name of the most recently added version. I thought them having siblings would make relationships more interesting. The other alternative would have been to just remove the extra version from the game entirely using a mod.

Earlier when I was returning sims from Moonfall Island Boarding School I decided it was time the Parker-Webbs started a family and I pollinated Edith. Now it is time to move their household to Twikkii Island. I activated their house and discovered they already had a son who I'd forgotten about it was so long since I played their household. Their son is Max and he'd already aged up to child without any skills. I wondered if he was someone the game had moved to their household but he was in their family tree and when I looked around the house I could see I'd built and fully furnished a nursery. Their house was not complete, it was mostly just a shell, so they must have needed the nursery. In the meantime the baby was born and it was another boy I named Gareth.

At this point I was concerned about household inventories. I didn't want to mess them up nor did I want to put all of their belongings into their personal inventories which were already overfull with all sorts of stuff they collected, caught, found or made. So I used Mary Genie, a newly added sim with an empty personal inventory and nothing in her household inventory to travel to Moonlight Falls and escort the Parker Webbs back to Twikkii Island. I found a suitable house in Twikkii Island and moved the Parker-Webbs into it. It took me ages to empty their personal inventories and then their household inventory but they were soon settled in with upgraded kitchen, bathroom and bedroom fittings as required.

I sent Mary Genie back to Moonlight Falls and bulldozed the old Parker Webb lot. I am trying to reduce memory used in the world and that place had huge basements that weren't even used so it had to go. I didn't keep a copy of it in my library as the build and decoration of it was barely started. By now I'm noticing a big change in the way I can save in this world. I no longer expect Error 12 constantly.

On this second trip to Moonlight Falls I moved Mary into the household of Eddie and Chris Oxley. They are the parents of toddlers we recently saw at the Boarding School in Moonfall Island. The wereworlf siblings Wayne and Jane Oxley. They have now completed their toddler skills. Chris and Eddie have both got to level 10 in Science and each received a Group Science Project. This was years ago and it was how I found out all about how impossible it is to replace a lost GSP. I did eventually managed to get one of them into their household but it was not easy and took me days of manipulations. So this is why I don't want to mess up their household inventories. I'm moving these final 3 households from Moonlight Falls to Twikkii Island one at a time. This pair spent a long time living in the future and brought home a huge collection of nanites and all sorts of stuff from the future. I had to get them a lot of storage chests to put everything into.

Then Mary returned to Moonlight Falls and moved into the Phil and Glorie Oxley household and I bulldozed what was left of the Eddie and Chris Oxley lot. Phil and Glorie have three toddlers. Owen, Oscar and Olive. We saw them at the Boarding School in Moonfall Island with their cousins Wayne and Jane. I packed up what I wanted of the contents of the Oxley household. I left behind anything I could replace from build or buy mode. Then we all travelled back to Twikkii Island.

So far all went reasonably smoothly and I am delighted with the lack of stress I'm feeling about saving now.

It occurred to me there were a lot of toddlers, a few babies and no teens in Twikkii Island. All of the toddlers had been toddlers for about 5 or 6 real life years by now. So I went on a binge of aging up toddlers and making their imaginary friends real and giving them makeovers. I did this for a few individual households where there was a parent with high logic and it was relatively quick for them to make the potions to make the IFs real. Then it occurred to me that if I moved all of the toddlers into a household with a parent who could already make the potion things would progress faster. So that's what I did.

Here are a few screenshots from yesterday.

First of all, Mary Genie scored a spare Group Science Project during one of the moves. So I gave her a basement. That took a while as I had massive issues with putting the steps down to the basement. They were not inside the foundation but insisted they were. The way I eventually overcame it was to use 'ConstrainFloorElevation False' cheat and make the entire foundation for the entire house the height of walls. That was really annoying. But it worked. I had to make the foundation back to foundation height when I'd finished and all is now good but a lot of time was wasted.

So I just got her house sorted and she went to sleep and a burglar turned up. I had forgotten burglar alarms. I woke her up and she called the police. The burglar got arrested and she got her bath tub back so in the end all was good.

Mary-Genie-Burglar001.jpg

Mary-Genie-Burglar002.jpg

I activated the Phil and Glory Oxley household and proceeded to make their three toddlers age up to Child.

First to age up was the eldest, Owen.

Owens-Birthday001.jpg

Owens-Birthday002.jpg

Owens-Birthday003.jpg

Owens-Birthday004.jpg

Oscar aging up process failed. He blew out his candles and that was it. I used a mod to trigger age and he aged up to Child that way in the end.

Oscar-Oxley001.jpg

Oscars-Birthday001.jpg

Oscars-Birthday002.jpg

Then it was Olive's turn to age up. She was the youngest.

Olives-Birthday001.jpg

I wanted them to remain with different ages to I used Master Controller to add 20 days to Owen's age, 10 days to Oscar's age and Olive stayed at the start of the child stage. They have really long age spans so I don't usually miss out on aging them up with cake when they are ready to age up.

The Oxley family scattered around the house to eat the birthday cakes. I got this pic of one group eating one of the cakes. They have a mansion and it has lots of places a sim can sit and eat.

Eating-Birthday-Cake.jpg

Owen, Oscar and Olive started working on their Child skills. There was an activity table in the house they moved into and they got together to work on their blocks skill first.

Owen-Oscar-And-Olive-Oxley001.jpg

Owen-Oscar-Olive-Oxley002.jpg

I set Phil to work on making the Imaginary Friend Metamorphism potion. He had some logic but knew no potions and made it absolutely clear that he had no interest in discovering any potions. We fought valiantly throughout the process but I did prevail and he did eventually find out how to make the potion and then made 3 of them so each of his children could turn their imaginary friend real.

Firstly Owen took his IF, Pal, out to play. Pal was keen and jumped into life as soon as he was free from Owen's inventory. They were already best friends so he was ready to drink the potion. Then Pal stood and watched while Owen completed his cooking skill.

Owen-And-Pal-Cooking001.jpg

Then it was time for Pal to become Parker. So he went into CAS to get a new skin and facial features and hair and outfits.
    Pal-Becoming-Parker001.jpg

Then Oscar made his Riley real.

Riley becoming Live
    Riley-Becoming-Live001.jpg

Riley becoming Ralph.
    Riley-Becoming-Ralph001.jpg

Time to give Olive some hair. It turns out she had dark hair like her mother. She is a werewolf like her father though. Her mother is a fairy.

Olive dressed and with hair.
    Olive-Oxley001.jpg

Olive and Patches. Patches became Piper.
    Olive-And-Patches001.jpg

I had noticed Lydell Flower playing in his back yard. The Oxley and Flower back yards were close to each other.

It occurred to me that Lydell Flower had recently been aged up to child but I hadn't make his imaginary friend real so, instead of moving on to the next Oxley household, I went back to the Flower household and made Lydell's IF real. That was an interesting process. Lydell's IF was in the family inventory so I had to get it out. It was not in the family inventory when I left them to play a different household.

Once he had his doll in his inventory again, Lydell played and sang to it.

Lydell-And-Pat001.jpg

So Lydell now had his IF in his personal inventory. Before school he sat outside in their yard to play with the doll then put it down onto the ground and rushed off to catch the school bus. In the meantime I had his mother, Tina, working on finding out how to make the required potion. I lost track of the doll.

Next thing Lydell was home doing his homework out in the yard and he didn't have his doll but he did have the potion to make it real. I couldn't find the doll.

I then spotted Stephanie Flower who I posted about making her IF real the previous day. She had a new IF doll and the game was referring to it as hers. I thought she must have stolen Lydell's doll but I didn't think Lydell's doll was red. Maybe Stephanie stole a doll from one of her two baby brothers. After some searching I gave up on finding Lydell's doll.

Then after dark I found the missing doll just sitting beside some flowers in the garden. I had hoped it might turn up eventually. Once they become live they live in the Homeless Sims household, that's why we can't control them until they are real and they join the active household. But this doll wasn't live yet so I don't know what happened to it or where it went.

I finally it became live and then I got Lydell to make it real.

Pat Flower became live
    Pat-Flower-Live001.jpg

Pat becoming Patrick in CAS and Stylist.
    Pat-Flower-Becoming-Patrick.jpg

Patrick
    Patrick-Flower001.jpg

Patrick and Lydell
    Patrick-And-Lydell-Flower001.jpg

At this point, after the battle with Phil and the time it took for Tina to find the potion I decided I would move all of the remaining toddlers from around the town into the Flower house and set Tina to work making lots of Imaginary Friend Metamorphism potions.

Max Webb was already a child but he had a doll in his inventory so he moved to the Flower residence and we made his Jelly Bean real and then Jelly Bean went into CAS and became Julian.

Jelly-Bean-Becoming-Live001.jpg

Jelly-Bean-In-AHurry001.jpg

Jelly-Bean-Becoming-Julian001.jpg

Julian-In-AHurry001.jpg

I think it was just the final two Oxley toddlers who needed to age up. I merged the Flower and Oxley households. Wayne and Jane Oxley were then sitting next to the Flower letter box. I used trigger age transition of them both and made Wayne 10 days older than Jane. I think Wayne and Jane were really older than their three cousins but I didn't worry about that. All of the little werewolves where almost ready to age up anyway so the game would have aged them up automatically after a few more days play.

Wayne and Jane Oxley arrive at the Flower household.
    Wayne-And-Jane-Oxley-Arrive001.jpg

I felt a bit bad about not having them at home with their parents for them to celebrate their birthdays with cake. But I decided they are just sims and I need to get this done and move onto something else.

Wayne's imaginary friend was Riley.

Wayne and Riley
    Wayne-Oxley-And-Riley.jpg

Wayne-Oxley-And-Riley001.jpg

Wayne-And-Riley.jpg

Riley-Becoming-Real001.jpg

Riley-Becoming-Rowan001.jpg

Wayne, Jane and Riley
    Wayne-And-Jane-Oxley-With-Riley.jpg

Jane's Imaginary Friend is still in her inventory.

I have started getting all of these children to learn skills. That should happen fairly quickly if they all work on skills at the same time. Some have completed one or both child skills and others still have to start.

So now I'm off to work on getting this process finished and the children moved back to their original homes.

I couldn't keep track of this without the spreadsheet. And having the spreadsheet is going to make the future videos of Oscar and Eric and Susanne so much easier to organise.

Happy Simming All.

I spent a morning going through old saves of my Big Game to find a missing child. He was partially deleted from his family. I found several of the old saves can't travel to Sunlit Tides due to a 'Serious Problem'. Then I tried one where the sims were already in Sunlit Tides so no travelling involved and he was at home with his family. I just grabbed him. I saved him in a Porter file so I can get that mod to handle the doppleganger problem because he isn't completely gone from his current family, his portrait is still there and his Imaginary Friend is in the family inventory and still remembers who its owner is. So I don't want to just add him into the household and fix the family tree. I want Porter to do its magic and turn both versions of him into one sim.
    I've almost finished the huge job of moving sims to new worlds to reduce the number of sims in any world. I still may find I need to add at least one more world if any of the worlds still in the game end up giving me problems. I've got graphics on minimums at the moment but won't want them like that when I get back to making the videos. Having said that, I have recorded snippets of what I've been up to over the past month and a half and might put some of them together to make some sort of out takes video at some stage. Just to give you a look at some of the sims in the game that you'll probably never see in a story but might see wandering around in the background of various videos.
    edited April 2022
    I've been having a stressful and busy time over the past few days and haven't had much time for sims. Haven't loaded the game some days. But I do have a few screen shots I haven't posted yet so thought I'd use this post to do a catch up.

I left off aging up toddlers and making their Imaginary Friends real and giving them all makeovers when they started the Child stage of their lives.

Mostly the Oxleys

The Oxley household from Moonlight Falls, now living in Twikkii Island.

Here is Phil Oxley at home eating birthday cake with one of his children.
    Eating-Birthday-Cake.jpg

No hair on the child indicates to me she is Olive just after aging up and before her makeover.

Olive with hair after her makeover.
    Olive-Oxley001.jpg

I had some problems loading screenshots to postimg so had to stop posting them at this point. Now I'll try to continue from this point. I hope I can work out who everyone is now as it's been a while since I got the screen shots. Lucky I've got my spreadsheet to refer to.

I've been sending some of the young sims off to do classes while others are completing tasks at home.

Phil Oxley got added to my game twice so I renamed the second copy of him Eddie Oxley and Eddie is married to Chris. Chris and Eddie have two children who have been toddlers waiting for my attention for several real life years. They are Wayne and Jane. I just aged them up to child after sending them to the household of Tina and Will Flower with their son Lydell who has also just aged up after spending a really long time as a toddler. I turned this Flower household into a temporary boarding school and sent a lot of the uneducated young sims there to get their skills together before returning them to their own homes.

Rowan Oxley is the imaginary friend made real of Wayne Oxley. Wayne is Jane's older brother if you remember them from their time at the boarding school as toddlers.

I sent Rowan off to do a class - probably fishing class. Much later I found him playing catch with Freya Flower. Freya is the Imaginary Friend made real belonging to Stephanie Flower, she is one of Nate Flower's daughters. I posted details of the Nat Flower household in an earlier post.

Freya-Flower-And-Rowan-Oxley001.jpg

I sent Rowan home as it was getting late.

I'm now resorting to looking up baby names for these imaginary friends made real. I try to give them a new name starting with the first letter of the name they had as imaginary friend dolls.

Olive Oxley is Phil's daughter seen eating cake with her father in the pic above. Phil's wife is Gloria Flower, a fairy. All three of their children are werewolves like Phil.

Olive Oxley's imaginary friend was named Patches. When she became real I named her Piper.

Here is Piper Oxley after her makeover.
    Piper-Oxley.jpg

Piper-Oxley002.jpg

Piper is Olive's Imaginary Friend made real.

I remembered I had not made Lydell Flower's Imaginary Friend real so returned to that Flower household as I felt I should get rid of all of the dolls before moving on the finalise Cake Island. There are only a couple of households left for me to fix here in Twikkii Island. But that meant I still had quite a few children to teach their child skills to and there might be a few toddlers who still need to read books and learn toddler skills. So I made this Flower household into a sort of pretend boarding school and moved toddlers and children with dolls to be made real in with the Flowers.

More Oxleys plus a few others

I aged up Jane Oxley and eventually gave her a makeover.

Jane-Oxley001.jpg

Jane-Oxley002.jpg

Jane was born in game to Eddie and Chris Oxley so I left her facial features alone. In this instance, I just gave her new hair. I may have changed some of her outfits as well as some of the outfits the game gave her were not quite what I wanted for her. She's a werewolf.

Here are a few of the children. I have placed a toy oven for them to do their cooking skill and they have a play table too.

The doll is Jane Oxley's doll named Bo bo. That's Jane cooking at the toy oven before I gave her a makeover. The boy walking away with a plate in his hand is Rowan Oxley, Wayne's IF made real, and the one sitting with the curly blonde hair is Patrick Flower, Lydell's IF made real. Not sure who is holding court. Probably it is Lydell but it could be Wayne Oxley but is probably Max Webb.

Bobo-And-Children.jpg

Bobo-And-Children002.jpg

Bo bo made real in CAS before makeover
    Bobo-In-CAS.jpg

Here she is made over and now named Barbara
    Barbara-Bobo.jpg

Barbara and Julian playing with blocks. Julian is an IF made real too. He belonged to Max Webb. Of course I moved Max and Julian into this household to learn child skills. Max's parents are Dave and Edith Webb. He now has a baby brother Gareth. I posted about the Webb household a few days ago. They moved from Moonlight Falls to Twikkii Island.
    Barbara-And-Julian-Playing-With-Blocks.jpg

Here is Barbara and Rowan Oxley cooking. Rowan is Wayne Oxley's IF made real.
    Barbara-And-Rowan-Oxley-Cooking.jpg

And this is Jane Oxley, Barbara's previous owner.
    Rowan-Oxley003.jpg

The Hayes-Barram household.

I had added a group of sims to my game and found one of them was a duplicate of Marcie who is married to Marty Hansen (the ex-husband of Patience). I renamed the copy of Marcie Moira Hayes and then went through a complicated process of making 6 ghosts. Two of the ghosts were Marcie's deceased parents, two were Moira's deceased parents and the final pair where the grandparents Marcie and Moira shared. Thereby I managed to make Marcie and Moira cousins. I don't think I'll put myself through that again.

I left Moira to do her own thing and she lived alone and was in the Investigator Career. She seemed to be doing well in that career. Then I realised she was getting close to becoming an elder and had no family yet. So I decided to give her some instant babies. I picked a male sim randomly from the list provided. He was Alf Fields. Alf is the brother of Ted Fields because I accidentally added a second copy of Ted to the game and renamed him Alf. Ted is an ex-partner of Patience.

Moira had two instant sons with Alf as the father. At that point Alf and Moira hadn't met each other but Alf seemed to know they were his sons and used to drop in to visit them. Alf was a very young YA at the time. I had another YA male sim named William Barram. I again gave Marcie two instant babies and chose William to be their father. This resulted in two girls. Marcie and William seemed to hit it off and he moved in with her and the babies. I think she needed help with four instant babies suddenly turning up at her place.

I posted earlier about losing a child in Sunlit Tides and managing to go back to an earlier save and used Porter mod to add him back into his family. Well this is that family. I moved the household from Sunlit Tides to Twikkii Island. Alf, the father of two of the children, was moved from Sunlit Tides to Twikkii Island as well so he is still able to see his sons.

I didn't do much with any of Moira's four children. When I moved them to Twikkii Island I found Alice, her eldest daughter had already aged up to teen.

Alice-Barram001.jpg

I took Alice into CAS and Stylist and gave her new skin and clothes but left her face and hair alone. She was born in game to Moira and William.

Alice had an imaginary friend named Puzzle in her inventory. She turned it real. I gave Puzzle a makeover and she became Pia.

Alice-Barram-And-Puzzle001.jpg

This is Pia.
    Pia-Barram001.jpg

Donald Fields is the eldest of Moira's sons and he aged up to teen automatically as soon as I arrived in Sunlit Tides to collect them.

Donald-Fields001.jpg

Donald-Fields002.jpg

Donald had an imaginary friend named Jelly Bean. Jelly Bean became real and turned into Jonah.

Jelly Bean
    Jelly-Bean-Fields.jpg

Jelly Bean becoming Jonah
    Jelly-Bean-Jonah-Fields001.jpg

Jonah-Fields001.jpg

Jonah
    Jonah-Fields002.jpg

Donald's younger brother, Alf jnr, is the child who went missing and I found him in an earlier save.

Here is Alf with his imaginary friend Boinky.

Alf-And-Boinky-Fields.jpg

Alf jnr aged up to teen two days after Donald did. I hope I managed to get him to do his child skills before he aged up. I'm pretty sure I did.

Here is Alf jnr as a teen. He was born in game so I didn't change his facial features or hair colour.
    Alf-Fields-As-Teen.jpg

Alf's Boinky became Breanna
    Breanna-Boinky-Fields.jpg

The youngest child of this household is Lucy. She is still a child.

Here is Lucy after I gave her some new hair and clothes. She was born in game so no attempt was made to alter her features or hair colour. She did get a new skin. I don't like the ring around the neck that a lot of the EA skins have and most of the custom skins don't have that problem in my game.
    Lucy-Barram001.jpg

Lucy's imaginary friend was Jelly Bean. Here is Lucy with Jelly Bean before I took Lucy into Stylist.
    Lucy-Barram-And-Jelly-Bean001.jpg

Lucy-Barram-And-Jelly-Bean002.jpg

Jelly-Bean-Barram-In-CAS.jpg

Jelly Bean became Joyce who didn't want to get her picture taken. But I persevered and finally got something to show you.
    Joyce-Jelly-Bean002.jpg

Joyce-Jelly-Bean001.jpg

Here are a few group shots of the imaginary friends and other members of this Hayes-Barram-Fields household.

Lucy, Puzzle, Alice and Joyce
    Lucy-Puzzle-Alice-Joyce-Barram001.jpg

Breanna and Jonah Fields
    Breanna-And-Jonah-Fields.jpg

Breanna Fields
    Breanna-Boinky-Fields.jpg

Jonah and Breanna Fields
    Jonah-And-Breanna-Fields.jpg

Alice, Breanna and Alf
    Alice-Breanna-Alf.jpg

The teens were all arriving home from the prom.

The scariest household for me to move from Sunlit Tides was the Doweling household. Now I think this household was the one most likely to be causing problems with saving in Sunlit Tides.

Those of you who have been reading my posts for years may remember a huge wedding I set up for Heather and Duncan. Heather is Patience's daughter. The second born to Patience and Marty Hansen. So Heather should be an Adult now, almost an elder but Duncan gave her a Young Again Potion - or maybe she made it for herself. So she's a young adult again.

I'll just throw in one pic from their wedding.
    HwD053.jpg

This couple did a lot of travelling. So their house was packed full of stuff they brought home with them. They also had a huge garden and lots of decor items.

Then there was the sim bot Heather made. And the mummy they got by putting copic jars into a sarcophagus. It turns out that mummy and sim bot lived together in the house for real life years and I only just discovered they were terrified of each other.

Apart from Heather and Duncan and Ryan (the Simbot) and Nayr Perasonotep (the mummy) there was Heather's son she had with her Imaginary Friend way back. Since Heather had her young again potion she's a young adult but her son is an adult. His name is Perry Hansen and he is a pyromaniac. I did some research and it appears that children of imaginary friends often get this trait. Then there are the toddlers. Duncan and Heather had a son, David and Duncan got some DNA from a sim in France and cloned her. Plus, of course, Patience's last partner, Christopher Steel. Christopher and Patience visited Heather and Duncan once and when it came time for them to return to Legacy Island III Christopher refused to go so he stayed with Heather and Duncan. I went to have a look at Legacy Island III expecting to find another version of Christopher there but he wasn't. I think Patience's flirting with so many other sims must have made him want to run away from her. So he stayed with Heather, Duncan, Perry, Ryan, Nayr, David and Jolena and the two dogs in a house that was overfull of stuff and harvestables.

I moved them and most of their stuff in two moves. Then I moved Christopher out to live on his own. I noticed the terror that happened when Ryan and Hayr came near each other and moved them into separate houses but they ended up next door to each other. Later I found the game had moved one of them to another house that was a long way away from the other one. I think it was Ryan that moved.

I got Perry to make his imaginary friend real and then moved them out together. That left only Heather, Duncan, David and Jolena with the two dogs in the original household. Hopefully the game will cope better with this arrangement. They don't have a garden in their new home but they do have a lot of their stuff.

David's imaginary friend was Lucky and Lucky became Leo.
    David-And-Leo.jpg

Jolena's imaginary friend was Wiggles and Wiggles became Walter.
    Walter-And-Jolena001.jpg

And here's Perry
    Perry-Hansen.jpg
    He was born in game so I just gave him a skin. I think he kept his original hair.

Perry's imaginary friend was Lucky and Lucky became Lydia.
    Lydia-Hansen.jpg

I don't usually change the traits of the imaginary friends becoming real unless I really don't like them. But in this instance I changed a couple of Lydia's traits to make her and Perry compatible and moved them in a house together. Hopefully they'll end up getting married by the game. He is the son of an imaginary friend and a human. She is an imaginary friend made real. It might be interesting if they decide to start a family together.

Finally, this is the Koffi family. Also known as the family of imaginary friends.

I moved them from Sunlit Tides and move them into their original house that I'd saved to my library for them.

This is an interesting little family.

Bob Koffi is the first imaginary friend I ever made real. I was so excited. I'd never seen it happen before. Bob's original owner was Percy Koffi. Percy is the son of Patience and Gobias Koffi. Percy is the father of Eric who will be roaming the worlds on adventures with his sister Susanne and their friend Oscar of Oscar's Teen Years video series. It is just possible Eric and co might visit this household at some stage of the series.

Here is Bob Koffi. Just add an o the the end of his name to get his original name before he became real.

BobKoffi.jpg

If you've been watching the videos and reading my previous posts you will know that Patience's daughter, Haley, married her half-brother's imaginary friend made real. Well Bob was originally married to Haley. They had a baby together and Haley made a plumbot while they were married and living together. Then suddenly, while I was playing another household, I discovered Haley had moved out. She wasn't happy with Bob apparently and she went to live with Gobias Koffi. Now I was a bit surprised about this because Gobias was the father of Haley's half-brother, Percy. And Bob was Percy's imaginary friend made real. Patience and Gobias had never been married to each other but they did have five children together.

Haley stayed with Gobias until he finally died of old age and they had four children together. She now lives with her new husband in Lucky Palms and she has had lots more children. Some with her husband, but she seems to like Shark Racket too and occasionally has another baby with him. I've lost count of how many she has now but we will see Eric, Susanne and Oscar staying with her household at some point during the video series.

Now, Harry is the son Haley and Bob had together.

Harry is the first time I knew an imaginary friend could be born in game. Harry is an imaginary friend. And Harry got an imaginary friend doll in his inventory when he was a baby.

Harry is a teen. I was going to age him up to Young Adult as he's been a teen for a long time but then decided to keep him and his imaginary friend made real in this household for a while longer. They are in the bottom basement of their home watching Harry's step mother play the drums.

Harry and Ronan are enjoying the music
    Harry-And-Ronan-Enjoying-The-Music.jpg

Harry and Ronan spun into their toy form for a few minutes to demonstrate they are both imaginary friends. Harry was born as an imaginary friend and Ronan is Harry's imaginary friend doll made real.
    Harry-And-Ronan-In-Toy-Form.jpg

Then they spun back into their Sim form.
    Harry-And-Ronan-Koffi.jpg

Kitty Koffi is playing the drums. She is pulling a bit of a face here. I have some very pretty pics of her as a bride when she married Bob.
    Kitty-Koffi001.jpg

I made Kitty as a single sim for one of my households of 8 unrelated sims and added her to the game. She and Bob met and decided to marry without any input from me.

I noticed Bob is an extreme example of a family oriented sim. He took wonderful care of Harry when they were alone together. I often saw the pair of them around town together. Most sims leave their toddlers home alone when they go out. But when Bob wasn't working he and was out around town he was always carrying Harry when Harry was still a toddler. When Harry aged up to child he'd walk with his father when they were not home.

Then when Bob was committed to Kitty I hadn't played them for ages and was playing Sally Bartlett. I wanted to get Bob to have a baby with Sally but he absolutely refused to cooperate. So I gave them an instant baby, Tina.

Tina was raised by Bob and Kitty. She is also an imaginary friend who received an imaginary friend doll when she was a baby. Tina made her imaginary friend real and here she is with Rowena. They spun into their toy form as well just to show you they can.

Riley Koffi about to become Rowena
    Riley-Koffi001.jpg

Riley-Koffi002.jpg

Tina-And-Rowena-Bartlett001.jpg

Tina-And-Rowena-Bartlett002.jpg

Tina-And-Rowena-Bartlett003.jpg

The girls did all of their child skills together.
    Tina-And-Rowena-Cooking.jpg

Because Tina is a daughter of Sally, she has several half-brothers and half-sisters. One of her half-sisters was at the boarding school in Moonfall Island and if you watched the recent Oscar's Teen Years videos you will have seen her there. She is Kirsten Faulks.
    KirstenFaulks.jpg

After Bob and Kitty were married they had a baby girl together. She was still a toddler and I managed to get her to learn her toddler skills and read her toddler books before aging her up to child. She then turned her imaginary friend real. I was a little disappointed to discover Katy is not an imaginary friend. She's just a human sim. Katy's doll was named Patterns and she became Poppy after her makeover.

Patterns
    Patterns-Koffi001.jpg

Here is Katy with her father just after she aged up to child.
    Katy-And-Bob-Koffi001.jpg

Here is Katy with Poppy.
    Katy-And-Poppy002.jpg

Katy-And-Poppy003.jpg

Katy-And-Poppy004.jpg

Katy-And-Poppy00.jpg

I'm trying to make the imaginary friends look a bit different so Poppy's features are a bit of an experiment.
    Poppy-Patterns-Koffi.jpg

And here is Plum, the family Plumbot that Haley made.

Plum001.jpg

I was surprised to see a Plumbot swimming
    Plum-Koffi-Swimming.jpg

And that's it. All caught up for now. I still have to have a look at Cake Island.

edited May 2022
    I've been working hard over the past few days trying to fix Cake Island. I can now see why I ran away from it when I visited initially.

There are a lot of young sims in this world that need attention. The world was slightly overpopulated so I should have been able to fix it by just moving one or two households out.

I moved the Black Household. It consisted of a family with 5 children.

Rod and Fleur Black are an old pair of sims I made ages ago. Fleur is the first fairy I ever made just after Supernatural was released. I made Rod at some point but don't remember if I made him specifically for her or not. I think I've only ever played him with her though.

I moved the entire household and their house to a new world. That's really All I had to do. But I didn't stop there.

The world I chose for them is 'Ridgeview - in Summer'. It is empty. Flat. Nothing in it other than geographic features and empty lots. It took me ALL Day to add buildings to the community lots. Then I had to do the rabbit holes. I think I got them all eventually. So I moved the family in.

I was aging them up and working on skills first. Then I needed to buy books. I told Fleur to buy books on line but it was greyed out and it said there was no bookshop in the world to shop for books on line at. So I added a bookshop.

I just plonked the rabbit holes down onto the lots and rarely did any decorating to the lots. They look a bit 'different' with huge business buildings sitting on mowed grass. Then I thought - I've seen that look before - when I was working I had to go to Canberra a few times. That's the Australian Capital City. And I saw lots of huge Government buildings with just grass - no concrete or anything covering the grass. They just have grass growing from the footpath right up to the bottom of the walls. So I am planning to leave the commercial buildings in Ridgeview with just grass around them - mostly.

I didn't get many screen shots. None of Ridgeview actually. I did manage a few of the Black family members. The youngest is a daughter named Yvonne. When I moved them Yvonne was a toddler. She is a fairy and I didn't manage to get a screen shot of her as a toddler. She completed her toddler skills and read her toddler books.

Here is Yvonne Black in Stylist
    Yvonne-Black001.jpg

She was born in game so I gave her new hair and outfits.

Yvonne made her Imaginary Friend, Rags real.

I needed a potion to turn all of their imaginary friends real. I set Fleur and Felicity to work making the potions. Felicity is the first alien baby any of my sims had born in a game. She came along a few years after 2014. I don't remember exactly when. She was at the boarding school long before I ever started even thinking about making videos. She's still a teen because her family has been living in a world that hasn't been played much since she aged up to teen.

Eventually both Fleur and Felicity managed to work out how to make the Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion. In the end Fleur made most of the potions I needed because Felicity had to go to school and there was after school activities and it was really hard to pin her down to do much of what I wanted her to do during a school week.

Here are pics of Yvonne with Rags after Rags became live.
    Yvonne-And-Rags001.jpg

And of course Rags became real.
    Rags-Becoming-Real001.jpg

And became Ross
    Yvonne-And-Ross001.jpg

Yvonne and Ross (previously Rags) worked on their child skills together.
    Yvonne-Felicity-Rod-Epsilon-Yvonne-Ross003.jpg

Behind them Fleur was watching Rod and Felicity have a pillow fight and Epsilon had his Sprite to talk to.

Rod is Fleur's husband and father to their children and Felicity.

All of Fleur's children are fairies. Most inherited her blue wings. This couple surprised me once when I told them to woohoo in a fairy house expecting Rod, a human, wouldn't be able to enter the tiny house but he managed it and they had their fun together in a fairy house. Having so many fairies in the household there are several fairy houses in their home.

Just a pic of Cake Island - it looks deceptively empty. I almost deleted it and replaced it with an empty world but sent a sim back there to be sure and found after a while all the houses begin to appear.

Cake-Island.jpg

There was a traffic incident outside the school in Ridgeview.
    Traffic-Incident-Outside-School.jpg

Black-Family-With-Real-IFs.jpg

This is one of the family Plumbots. They've been in the household from before the children were all born. They used to have chips but the chips seem to have vanished. Some times one or the other of them can garden. But never both at the same time and at first I thought I was confused but I did eventually pin them down and am now sure both of them can, and does garden, But never both at the same time. Weird. The other one is Wozza but I have no pictures of him. He is very different from Epsilon and has an oval shaped head with long skinny limbs and is black and orange in colour.

This is Epsilon. I'm glad he's shiny silver again. There was a time when none of my shiny silver Plumbots were actually shiny.
    Epsilon001.jpg

Here are Felicity and Yvonne.
    Felicity-And-Yvonne.jpg

Fred is the first born of the Black children. He made his Imaginary Friend, Boinky, real and she got the name Brooke. They were teens for a while but I needed to move a few of the children out so Fred and then Brooke aged up to Young Adult and I moved them into a house I placed from my library into the new world of 'Ridgeview - in Summer'. I think I'll just refer to it as Ridgeview as writing the entire name out all the time is a bit cumbersome.

Fred's Birthday - they had cake
    Freds-Birthday001.jpg

Brooke had cake too. Ooh look - there's Wozza helping Brooke celebrate her birthday. So you do get to see both of the family Plumbots after all.
    Brooks-Birthday.jpg

Then she went into Stylist and had an unfortunate moment or two with suggested hair and outfits.
    Brook-In-CAS.jpg

Brooke and Fred moved together into their new house in Ridgeview. I've given them similar traits so I hope they might end up a couple but I'm not going to do anything about that. I'll just leave them to it.

The second eldest of the Black family children is Frank. He is insane but manages to get along without too much trouble. I hope.

Frank had cake too.
    Franks-Birthday.jpg

Frank had an imaginary friend named Buddy who became Bronwyn after being made real and aging up. I don't seem to have a pic of her. She standing directly behind him and is wearing a blue and pink dress with white spots. They've all just returned from Fred's graduation so they are in formal attire.

I moved Frank and Bronwyn out to live in another house I placed in the world for them.

Felicity had cake too and then she was a Young Adult. Her imaginary friend was Wiggles who became Winifred.

I got a couple of pictures of Winnifred

In Stylist
    Winifred-In-CAS.jpg

And after she came out of Stylist.
    Winifred-At-Home.jpg

Winnifred and Felicity each got a small house to live in alone. We'll see what happens. There aren't many empty houses in the world currently. There might be one or two of them. I grabbed a sim from my library to help me set up the world before I put it into the game. That sim is living alone in a house on the other side of town.

Before moving anyone out to live in their own home I sent three of them to the Future. I'd been thinking Rod Black needed to go to the future to collect nanites. I've had these thoughts on and off for a few months now. So when I was actually playing his household, however briefly, I thought I should just do it. So I sent Rod with his son Fred and imaginary friend made real Brooke to the future.

This was a disaster. Nothing was visible inside the buildings. I could see sims sitting and using furniture but it was all invisible. And I couldn't move up or down any levels unless I had a sim with me. I tried really hard and they managed to catch a few nanites but in the end I just gave up and sent them home. The game crashed when they got home. So I had another go. This time it all worked perfectly. Maybe there wasn't enough available memory to cope during their first visit.

They came across a Spotted Sixam and I just had to get a screenshot of it. There was a nanite beside it.
    Sixam001.jpg

Sixam002.jpg

They collected a few nanites. It was very helpful when Rod got enough lifetime happiness points to buy a Collection Helper. It made a huge difference when trying to find nanites in a hurry. They stayed a few days and collected some future stuff and picked some crystal flowers.

When they got home they planted a rough circle of crystal plants around the Tree of Prosperity.

To-Pand-Crystal-Plants.jpg

A funny thing happened when I sent them home from Oasis Landing. They had to use the time portal and chose to travel home. Now, I'd sent only the 3 members of the Black household to the Future. But when they went 'home' from the future, they travelled to Twikkii Island and landed in the Genie household with Melanie Kelly. Now, Melanie is another sim I added when I needed a sim to assist me set up Twikkii Island. She never went to the Future with the Black family. While I am in Cake Island Melanie lives in a building I use as a traveller destination but isn't set up as a base camp. When I sent the Blacks from Cake Island to Ridgeview I sent them with Melanie so she could travel back to Cake Island and leave the Blacks all in Ridgeview. While I played with the Blacks in Ridgeview, Melanie was living on her own in a house near the Sim that I'd used to help me with setting up Ridgeview. However, when the Blacks arrived home from Oasis Landing in the Future, they turned up in the Genie Household with Melanie Kelly in Twikkii Island.

So I saved that and sent the Blacks, with Melanie, back to Ridgeview. I placed all of the Blacks into their new homes where necessary and grabbed Melanie and travelled back to Cake Island.

That's when the mayhem really broke out. The next post will explain what's happening in Cake Island.

Happy Simming All

Some time later I've had a bit of a think about how to explain what's currently happening in Cake Island. I've decided it'll probably take pages to fully explain so I'll give you an overview and show you a few screenshots.

This one hasn't got much to do with the story. It is an impressive social jig. These are the things that are usually invisible. Sims won't walk across or onto them. They should automatically be deleted after the sims in the social situation that generated them stop that socialisation. In this case the two of them are throwing ball to each other. Most social jigs I've seen are small circles or ellipses for human sims, or tiny shiny balls for pets. They are there to stop other sims from trying to use the same spot while another sim is using it for some reason. They are usually invisible and can be hard to find if they don't delete after the sims move on and you end up with spots of your lot that sims can't walk across. It can be really annoying if they are in front of something important, such as a fridge.

Impressive-Big-Jig.jpg

I activated a house containing a single female sim with a toddler. Now I had paired this sim up with a male sim and placed them together in this house and gave them an instant baby before leaving them to it and playing the game elsewhere.

While I was dealing with the Black family I noticed the male sim, Jay Clarke, had moved out to another house and I wanted to check on him to see if his partner and child had moved with him. I found him living alone. I do remember, while working on the Black family, I had a very brief look at him in the distance and he appeared to be heavily pregnant so I was half expecting to see him with an alien baby. But he was living alone and looking his usual trim self. I didn't get a screen shot - sorry. He is one of the sims I made years ago when I was playing 8 sim households of unrelated young adults. I made a lot of sims back then. So I had established there was potentially a household of a female sim with a baby/toddler. I quickly tracked them down.

The female sim is an adult. Her baby had become a toddler. Now this particular female sim holds a special place in my games. I previously told you about Perry Hansen. He is now an adult. He was Patience's first grandchild ever born. His mother, Heather Hansen, had a baby with her imaginary friend. Heather's parents are Patience and Marty Hansen. Her elder sister is Helena Hansen, now Helena Fields.

This was my first imaginary friend encounter and really had no idea what was going on with IFs. I knew that Imaginary Friends could have babies with their owners because people were posting about it. So I told Heather to try for baby with her Imaginary Friend. They did it a few times before Heather became pregnant. Now at that point, the Imaginary Friend was live but not real. Much later I made the potion and Heather got her IF to drink it but that failed because I already had 8 sims in the household. So I moved them out to live on their own and she made her IF real and it turned out to be a female. Of course I now know the IF gender isn't set until they become real. I know this because I've made a lot of them real and sometimes the game crashes and I lose the IF made real and it returns to doll form so it has to be made real again and it often becomes real with a different gender than it had last time it was made real before the game crashed.

So this Imaginary Friend was named Annie Hansen when she finally became real.

Annie-Hansen002.jpg

And, after her partner had moved out to live alone, Annie was living with her toddler daughter in this house.

Annie-Hansons-House001.jpg

Then something really dangerous to Annie's quiet existence happened. I decided there were too many toddlers in this world that were in dire need of immediate training. It would be far too time consuming for me to go to each of their households and train them individually. So I thought I'd better move them ALL in with Annie so I can train them properly and together which will be a much more efficient way of doing it.

So Annie's household expanded from 2 to 9 sims. Annie was there alone with 8 toddlers to take care of. Annie's reaction, at first, was to play very loud computer games but then she autonomously moved from computer games to playing the piano.

Annie-Hansen001.jpg

She started out without much skill and didn't stop, even after she got to level 10 in the Piano Skill. She has started learning some piano songs from music she purchased at the bookstore but seems to be more interested in the guitar now.

Having no conscience regarding my destruction of Annie's peaceful existence, I decided if I added the 7 unskilled children to the household as well, then I could give them some training too. And of course to add to her woes every single one of those toddlers and children had an imaginary friend doll that simply has to be made real. And then taught their skills. Fortunately for Annie I only thought about grabbing the teens from around town too but that thought led to the thought of endless crashes due to lake of memory so I relented and Annie doesn't need to worry about hoards of teenagers moving in with her too. I will ten to the teens once I've got the current sims in her household all trained and moved back with their families.

By the way, this is Perry, Annie's son with Heather.

Perry-Hansen.jpg

Perry doesn't appear in Annie's family tree. Probably because Annie wasn't real when Perry was born. Perry has the pyromaniac hidden trait and I've read that children of imaginary friends sometimes get that trait. I first realised Perry was different when he was a child and was able to pick up seeds lying on the ground. Apparently children with the pyromaniac trait can do that. I later used a mod to check Perry's hidden traits and confirmed my suspicions, he is a pyromaniac.

I'm thinking of giving Annie and her toddler a makeover. This is because Annie never got a proper makeover. I did give her a new skin and hair when I paired her up with her partner but that was it. She still has the default Imaginary Friend features. And her daughter seems to have been born with a custom skin and she looks as if she has the Imaginary Friend default features too. Although I rarely see a toddler Imaginary Friend. Of course she has a doll in her inventory.

I had a peek into a few houses. I found 8 toddlers without skills. They had all been toddlers for real life years. I checked, using Master Controller, and found there were 7 children without skills. Only one of the children was expected to age up soon. She was the first mermaid I ever had born in a game and she got me the badge to have a mermaid baby. That happened way back - soon after Island Paradise was released so it's about time she grew up. But here she is and she's still a child.

Here is a pic I found of MaryAnn with her parents in Isla Paraidso.
    The-Salty-Family.jpg

Her father is that evil mermaid, Salty Seaworth. But in this game I've given them a different last name as I had another version of Salty established in the world.

This is Annie's daughter, Margie Hansen, as a toddler. Margie is a born in game Imaginary Friend. She has her own Imaginary Friend doll in her inventory. (Actually I think she has gained an extra doll at some point. I checked and everyone else still has their dolls but Margie now has two.)

Margie-Hansen001.jpg

Well, the toddlers I moved in with Annie include Jeannie and Paul Fields. This pair are children of Ted and Helena Fields. Helena is the eldest daughter of Patience and that makes Jennie and Paul the youngest grandchildren of Patience.

This is John Paul Flower.
    Johnpaul-Flower001.jpg

I don't have a picture of his sister, Nina. She has the same coloured hair and is older than JohnPaul. Nina is the oldest of the toddlers and is soon to age up automatically.

Here is Paul Fields. He has an older sister too. Her name is Jeannie. I didn't get a picture of Jeannie as a toddler. She had short strawberry blonde hair.

Paul-Fields001.jpg

Paul and Jeannie are children of Ted Fields and Helena. Ted is an ex-partner of Patience and Helena is Patience's eldest daughter.

Another toddler in the group is Larry Langerak.

Larry is the son of Carmel and Parker Langerak.

Carmel is the daughter of Patience and Ted. So Larry is the uncle and half-brother of Jeannie and Paul. There are lots of bizarre complications in Patience's relationships.

Here is Larry Langerak.

Larry-Langerak.jpg

Larry-Langerak002.jpg

I made sure I got a good shot of Larry as he failed to age up until I reset him and of course once he got reset he lost all of his features and became a pudding sim. I tried to return him to the features he was born with but I suspect my efforts weren't perfect. Maybe I should have tried taking him into CAS and writing down all of the numbers for his various facial features instead of trying to rely on a screenshot.

I'll go through some of the other toddlers here now.

This is Paul Fields as a child, with toddler, Marlene Kluver and Tom Sekemoto is the child in the background.
    Johm-Paul-Fields-Marlene-Kluver-Tom-Sekemoto002.jpg

Marlene Kluver is the younger sister of MaryAnne Kluver. I changed the Seaworth family name to Kluver when I added them to this Big Game as I already had another Salty Seaworth family in the save.

Tom Sekemoto is the son of Tammi and Leighton Sekemoto. Tom arrived at Annie's place with his sisters. They are all children.

Here are Johnpaul Flower with Mary Ann Kluver. I gave Mary Ann a makeover when I first moved her family to Cake Island and they joined the Big Game. Here she is as a child. She is by far the eldest child here and is about to age up to teen.

I added a chemistry table to the household and gave Mary Ann the job of learning how to make the Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion. She then got to make potions to turn all of the imaginary friends in the household real. It took her forever to do and I'm sure she now has an aversion to the chemistry table but she did make it to level 10 in logic and has decided to be a Renaissance Sim. She only needs to get to level 10 in two more skills to achieve her lifetime wish.

Johnpaul-Flower-And-Mary-Anne-Kluver001.jpg

And one more pic of John Paul Flower - this time he is aged up to child. He is a hybrid genie and fairy. His mother is Lucy who is a genie who was one of the original nannies in the old version of the boarding school. She met her future husband there when I introduced him to the game and they moved out of the boarding school and got married and had two babies, Nina and Johnpaul.

John-Paul-Flower002.jpg

This is an old pic of Freddy Flower, John Paul's father.
    Freddy002.jpg

And his mother, Lucy, while she was still a nanny at the boarding school.
    Reading-Room005.jpg

Of course, Lucy is a genie.

Here is Marlene Kluver. Mary Anne's little sister. They have a brother, Puck, in the house too. Puck is the middle child.
    Marlene-Kluver001.jpg

Female toddler mermaids have pink scales by default. When they age up to child they get the female default purple scales. I decided to fix Marlene's scales so she has her own scale colour. I gave their brother Puck the same colour scales as their father, Salty.

Marlene-Kluver002.jpg

And a couple more shots of Paul Fields.
    Paul-Fields002.jpg

Paul-Fields003.jpg

I'll post more later. We will see more of the children. Probably not many toddler pics to be found and they have since all aged up to child. I've aged Mary Anne up to teen too.

Over the past couple of months I've been working through all of the sims in the Big Game. I had ignored them all for such a long time things had got way out of balance and I could no longer rely on my spreadsheet to tell me where they all were currently living. Many of the worlds were overstuffed. There were large gardens that were making worlds difficult to play in and often impossible to save. I found dozens of imaginary friend dolls in inventories of sims aged between baby and adult. I'd been ignoring the dolls. I find them useful for toddlers to have as they tend to play with their dolls instead of sitting crying whenever they have some idle time. I usually have large households and if there are a few toddlers in the household it is next to impossible for me to keep them all entertained all of the time and crying toddlers tend to disrupt smooth running of the game for most of the sims in the household and they are also annoying to listen to.

I decided I would have some fun and turn real all of the imaginary friends I found in inventories of sims that were child and over in age. The child sims still like to play with their dolls but I decided to make the dolls real where possible at the child age to give them a chance of learning some child skills. I doubt that level of skilling is of much benefit though. It would be better for them to age up at the toddler stage but then that would defeat the primary purpose of them getting the dolls in the first place.

My aim was to remove all dolls from inventories. I soon discovered that was fraught with confusion - I was constantly asking 'where did he/she get that doll?'. It turns out some of the children love having the doll in their inventory. They are quite happy to turn their dolls real as they seem to have a way of obtaining a replacement doll. At first I thought they were stealing dolls from younger siblings but I soon worked out that was not the case. Somehow the game generates replacement dolls for them. As fast as I make them real they generate another doll. As a result, several households have more imaginary friends made real than sims who received dolls in the first place. Eventually I got the message and stopped making the additional dolls real. I decided if those young sims are so attached to having a doll in their inventory they can keep it. I was so over making them all real and giving them makeovers. I started experimenting with all sorts of looks for them. I like to give my sims a unique look but after a while they seemed to me to be looking all the same so when I was moving around facial sliders I started forcing myself to do the opposite of what I usually did and this did add a little more variety to some of them. They are all still just sims though.

I have lots of short videos I recorded along the way. I'm not sure if I should put them together and put them up onto YouTube as an 'outtakes' type of video. Or maybe to a few short videos containing a few outtakes every so often.

Here are a few recent screen shots.

This is one group of Sims gathered together in Cake Island and about to set off for another world. Possibly they are headed for Ridgeview - in Summer. That was one of the most recent new worlds I added to the game.
    AGroup-Of-Sims-Setting-Off-For-ANew-World001.jpg

This hair was given to a variety of newly made real imaginary friends. Not all had this particular colour combination. This is the second one I've posted here. It is not easily forgotten.
    Aother-One-Got-This-Look-Be-Default001.jpg

With this imaginary friend made real I resisted the temptation to give him a flat profile and a well defined nose. I'll have to do things like that more often.
    ASlightly-Different-Look-After-Make-Over001.jpg

ASlightly-Different-Look-After-Makeover002.jpg

I've forgotten his name but he was the Imaginary Friend of Stanley O'Shea. Stanley is the eldest son of Gloria O'Shea. Gloria is one of Gobias Koffi's daughters and she married Kearney O'Shea from Dragon Valley. Expect Eric and Susanne and Oscar to spend some time in this household. Gloria is almost an Elder now and she and Kearney had two teenage sons so during the time I've been doing this project I organised for them to have two more children. They now have a pair of toddlers named Tad and Grace. Tad was born while I was off doing something else and the game named him, I chose Grace and was so pleased to not have to look up a list of baby names beginning with c, or b, or j or anything not being a first initial of a given name of an imaginary friend.

Here are some more pics of the O'Shea household.

OShea-Household001.jpg

OShea-Household002.jpg

OShea-Household003.jpg

OShea-Household004.jpg

OShea-Household005.jpg

I tried to give most of the Imaginary Friends some skills after they were made real. While in Cake Island I made a lot of them real and they all had to go fishing at some point. Here are a couple of the latecomers. I was getting over the fishing idea by this time.

Cake-Island-IFs-Made-Real-Fishing001.jpg

This is the toddler I found living alone in the Lochlan house in Dragon Valley. Not only was he alone in the house, but he was the only sim living in the world. Last time I saw him he was a child living with his brother and mother in Norbrewych. Then he became corrupt and invisible. I tried really hard to fix him but couldn't and I think I eventually did the total annihilation on him to try to stop him from breaking the game. Much later I found him as a toddler in an otherwise empty Dragon Valley.

Davis-Mithrilen001.jpg

I took the toddler, Davis, to the library where it was quiet so he could get through reading his toddler books quickly. Fortunately the Sim with the megaphone didn't interrupt his studies.
    Davis-Mithrilen002.jpg

Melanie and Isabel arriving in Norbrewych with toddler Davis.
    Melanie-Kelly-Isabel-Howe-Davis-Mithrilen001.jpg

Since the game wouldn't let my sims travel from a totally empty world I made a new fairy to stay all alone in Dragon Valley. I don't know if we'll see her again. But here is a picture of her.

Titania-Flower001.jpg

Davis's elder brother is a teen and his imaginary friend was made real and given the name of Carol. I didn't give the imaginary friends of the Mithrilen boys blue skin, but I gave their hair a blue tint. I like to try to make the imaginary friends blend into their new families if I can manage it. Since Davis was a child in this world I aged him up from toddler to child and he made his imaginary friend real too.
    Riordan-Davis-Carol-Mithrilen-And-IF001.jpg

Riordan-Davis-Carol-Mithrilen-And-IF002.jpg

Riordan-Davis-Mithrilen-And-IF001.jpg

The little fairy with the curly yellow wings is the daughter of Lucy and Freddy Flower. Lucy is a genie and Freddy is a fairy. They also have a son, JohnPaul Flower. He is a hybrid Fairy/Genie. The little mermaid with the dark scales is Puck Kluver - he is the son of a version of Salty Seaworth and I changed his scale colour to reflect Salty's scale colour.
    Flower-And-Kluver-With-IF001.jpg

Puck-Cluver-And-IF001.jpg

IFAbout-To-Be-Given-APotion-To-Drink001.jpg

I don't remember the names of all of the dozens of imaginary friends I gave makeovers to but I did occasionally manage to get a screen shot.

IFMade-Real-Getting-AMakeover001.jpg

These are some of the children who were imaginary friends and are now real and enjoying the tree house in Cake Island.
    IFs-Made-Real-In-Tree-House001.jpg

IFs-Made-Real-In-Tree-House002.jpg

I moved all of the sims from the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island. I deleted the huge farm/garden that was across the street from the boarding school building and the world is now playable. However I wasn't able to leave the world without any sims in it. The travel option didn't give me an error - it just didn't happen. So I moved a couple of households into it and left them there. If I ever use that boarding school again I suppose we might meet some of them. They've all come from really old games and haven't been played for years prior to 2014 so I'm sure they won't mind being left there without being disturbed.

Mara Nix was one of the teens who had travelled to the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island and she was returned to her parents in Moonlight Falls. I had to enlarge their house to make room for her and her stuff and her imaginary friend made real.

Nix-Household001.jpg

Nix-Household002.jpg

This was interesting to watch. While Mara worked on making the required potion I watched her Imaginary Friend stand and watch her for a while but every so often it'd wander off and set a booby trap on something. It did it in the adjoining bathroom and then I got a pic of it standing up from making a trap on the computer. I actually watched it doing it. For some reason it had never occurred to me that it was the imaginary friends that were not yet made real that were setting all of those traps around my sims houses.

This is some other Imaginary Friend becoming friends with its owner prior to being made real. The owner could be another imaginary friend made real. Those dolls were multiplying in inventories and I eventually gave up the idea of getting rid of them out of all inventories by making them all real. They multiply.
    Pillow-Fight-To-Make-Friends001.jpg

Finally, once everyone was settled into their worlds we dropped Melanie Kelly off to live with Mary Genie in Twikkii Island and then Isabel Howe headed back to the Boarding School in Moonfall Island. That's were I found Aislin Walshe's cat and then discovered I'd dumped Aislin there too. She came with Dragon Valley. She is almost an elder when a new version of Dragon Valley first starts up. She has interested me for a long time because I found her so difficult to get a hold of. She is there and then she's and elder and sort of vanishes. So I dropped her off at the currently active Boarding School where I plan to give her a Young Again Potion so I can play her for a while. This of course means I'll have to move a current baby sitter or two out of the boarding school. I haven't decided which ones yet. I'll have to check on their skills.

Aislin Walshe and Elouise Britten a the Moonfall Island boarding school.
    Aislin-Walshe-And-Eloise-Brittian001.jpg

Happy Simming All.
    Finally, at last, the video is now on YouTube and ready for you to view. It took me about 23 hours from when I started loading it to it being ready for you to view.

I hope you enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/XS-8BkPgMUk

This video begins in the boarding school in Moonlight Falls. That is where Eric and Oscar travelled with the sims from the boarding school in Moonfall Island. They returned everyone but Gregg Craig to their homes in Moonlight Falls. Gregg's parents have vanished. I had no idea where to even begin looking for them. There are 13 worlds in the game at this stage and sims live in all of those worlds. Several of these worlds are very overpopulated and very difficult to play in.

While at the boarding school in Moonlight Falls Gregg had made his imaginary friend real. When the four sims returned to the boarding school in Moonfall Island there were 18 sims living in the household. I sent Isabel Howe to The Isle of Sims III to look for the Craig family. She returned with a toddler who needed training. This brought the population of the Boarding School in Moonfall Island to 19 sims.

I then moved Petal, Mary, Sandy and Pat out to live with Mia Azul and Sarah Jayne. This house in on the beach (part of the lot is in the water) at the other end of Moonfall Island. So no travelling needed to get them home.

On arrival at their home Petal made her imaginary friend real. Then Sandy made his imaginary friend real. I discovered Pat (Mary's imaginary friend made real) had a doll in his inventory. It became live but we ran out of time to make it real so that'll happen in the next video.

Some extra info - Mary is the clone of Mia Azul.

Sandy is the clone of Salty Seaworth but I haven't found any trace of Salty in the game. He seems to have vanished completely. But that might work for me as I am considering adding the sims from the Isla Paradiso Bunch to this game and if I do that I'll want to use the Salty from that game. He is engaged to one of the genies and they have twin daughters.

Pat is Mary Azul's imaginary friend made real.

Petal Jayne is a plant sim who was picked in the Perfect Genetics Challenge and I made a copy of her for this game. In this game she was adopted by a sim I made to try out new skins and hair when I first started adding skins and hair to my game. Her name is Sarah Jayne. I've not done much with Sarah and I never had a game in mind for her.

If you'd like to see more of the mermaids and Sarah you will find them in my Colourful Mermaids playlist on my YT channel. I moved everyone from that series of videos to this Big Game and a lot of them are living in Moonfall Island and you'll be seeing them briefly in future episodes.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    @Karritz I watched Oscar's Teen Years Episode 4. Glad you were able to get things organized enough to do another video. You really put in a lot of time, but the households certainly look great now. I hope all your families have settled in safely. ...TS4 is finally getting werewolves June 16th, so it was fun to see your Sims 3 werewolves. ...I liked your nanite and sprite collections. ...Your basement gardens are lovely, but I can see how their size might cause problems. ...You seemed to have fun playing with your families again. The intricate household connections are awesome. ...TS3 has some really beautiful scenery. Nice CC worlds too. ...I like the names you chose for the real IFs based on their doll names. ...LOL at the mermaid and the fairy arguing! ...The kids all lined up was cute. Each different.

Thanks for sharing your game videos with us. I also looked over some of the posts I missed in this thread. Great screenshots! Lots going on. 😊
    @lanlyn thank you, I always enjoy and look forward to your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the video. I'm working on birds at the moment but will get started on the next Oscar video soon.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Karritz: Great video. Awesome spirte collection and the tiberum skull cut! :)
    :) Smile!

Puddinroy wrote: »
    @Karritz: Great video. Awesome spirte collection and the tiberum skull cut! :)

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm starting to work on the next episode.
    The video has finally completed loading to YouTube. It took 2 and a half days to load.

Episode 5 of Oscar's Teen Years is now up and ready for you to watch.

https://youtu.be/6WijFecAXoU

We start out in Moonfall Island with the Mia Azul household. There are some children that need attention and one imaginary friend to be made real.

Back to the boarding school and little Chrissie completes reading her toddler books at the library. The Moonfall Island library is the Gothique Library from the Sims 3 Store (because I put it there when I set the world up for this game). We only see a single room of the library in this episode. Back at the boarding school Eric tells a ghost story to Oscar, Susanne and Coral.

Gregg Craig still hasn't located his parents and he needs to go home. Isabel sets out to look for his parents while Gregg and his imaginary friend made real, Russel, wait at the boarding school.

Isabel decided to travel through the worlds in alphabetic order and begins with Barnacle Bay. She searches the computer for Gregg's family but they are not there.

The next world is Bellatrix by @Rflong7. Isabel has another fruitless search for the Craig family. You will see a flyover of Bellatrix before Isabel moves on the Cake Island, another of Rflong7's worlds. Again there is no sign of the Craig family. There is a quick flyover of the world and a tombstone belonging to Gobias Koffi is located.

Isabel moves on to Chocolate Cake Island and there is another brief flyover. This world is almost empty but Isabel finds several sims still living at the boarding school. She can't move them on just yet as I had to work out how to free up memory in the game to allow her to travel with other sims. I did work it out eventually but not for this episode.

After Chocolate Cake Island Isabel heads for Cotes d'Ambonnay a beautiful medieval world by @xSorcier. Isabel finds 5 sims living in that world and they decide to leave with her when she travels to Lunar Lakes. The sims found in the world are three witches and a fairy and Aislan Walsh.

The fairy is Gladys Black. She is one of the fairies I made with the jeweled skins made by @Moonskin93.

The three witches are from a batch of 15 female witches and 15 male witches I made a few years ago. They are spread out across several worlds. The three I found in Cotes d'Ambonnay are Bambi, Biddy and Mitch Bombay.

Most of my fairies begin life with the family name of Flower, and all of my witches are given the family name of Bombay. They are not related to each other. Biddy has a pet cat that she takes with her when she moves. I found Biddy and Mitch have become engaged so I moved them in together with the cat in Lunar Lakes. You see a quick flyover of Lunar Lakes too.

Bambi, Mitch, Biddy and the cat all move to Lunar Lakes with Gladys.

I found a pic of Gladys
    Gladys-Black001.jpg

Bambi with some others not in this episode
    Bambi003.jpg

Sebastian-Wendy-Bambi-Olley001.jpg

Biddy
    Biddy002.jpg

Mitch
    Mitch001.jpg

Aislan is a townie from Dragon Valley and she moves into the Moonfall Island boarding school with her pet cat. She will stay there to become a nanny. I've wanted to play Aislan for a while and decided the time has come to do that. She is getting on a bit in age so she gets to drink a young again potion on arrival at the boarding school.

Once the move to Lunar Lakes is complete Isabel, Aislan and the cat return to Moonfall Island just in time for the children and teens to return from school.

I hope you enjoy the video.

Happy Simming
    @Karritz I watched Oscar's Teen Years Episode 5. Very fun. ...Pretty beach scenes. Loved the young mermaids. ...Sad to see so many children mourning the death of someone close. ...That Katy Perry table reminded me. Did I tell you that someone made a mod for Sims 4 reproducing all the Sims 3 Katy Perry pack? I have it installed, and there are some great items. ...I liked seeing the IFs become real. ...That's an amazing boarding school. Huge too! ...The horses look cool on the Lunar Lakes type world. I miss horses. ...Interesting buildings on the Cake Island world. A variety of styles. ...I enjoyed seeing the different worlds you use. Some of the locations are gorgeous. ...I had the Côtes d'Ambonnay world installed too. A lot of potential there. Different atmosphere. ...I felt the same way about Lunar Lakes as you did. Didn't think I'd like it at first, but I ended up appreciating its uniqueness. ...I also enjoyed meeting all your sims as well as exploring the worlds. Thank you for sharing your game play. Great video.
    Oscar's Teen Years Episode 6 is now available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/4ed7O0HXCuY

Isabel goes to Dark Harbor to try to find Gregg Craig's parents. She doesn't find them, but does discover the world has become corrupt and the entire population of 88 sims need to be moved out.

Note: I have moved the 88 sims out of Dark Harbor, but not recorded video of it happening. They are all happily settled in two new worlds. They end up in Cornucopia and Glenvale City. Neither of these worlds appear in the video but they will eventually end up in future videos as I've moved several of Eric's relatives to both of those worlds.

I am also playing a small side game in Dark Harbor with a view to setting it up for future play. I will put the nhd file from that game into the Big Game so Dark Harbor will continue to be a part of this story as well as the McFluff Story.

In this video, we have a quick look around Dark Harbor and then Isabel returns to Moonfall Island Boarding School.

Eric decides it's time for an adventure and he dials up a travel agent. Eric, Oscar and Susanne set out to visit the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island. We spend some time in that world and meet the sims living in it.

Eric really wanted to go to Moonlight Falls but didn't want to raise suspicions with folks back in Moonfall Island.

Faith MacDuff from Moonlight Falls is about to age up to Young Adult so it seems reasonable that Eric and Co escort her back home. Before leaving for Moonlight Falls, Faith makes her Imaginary Friend, Hesper, Real. Hesper becomes Henry.

Eric, Oscar, Susanne, Faith and Henry travel to Moonlight Falls.

Eric meets up with his special friend and there is some serious flirting. I think something might be going on with that pair. Interesting.

Faith and Henry have cake and celebrate their birthday. The plan is for Faith and Henry to share a house in Moonlight Falls now they are young adults.

In order to get some/most of the video for this episode I needed to go back to an earlier version of the game. I saved Henry to my library as he hadn't existed previously.

Back in March and April this year I spent ages doing lots of housekeeping on this game. I'd just continued to play it for years. It is the game for Oscar's stories as well as The McFluff Story. Just about all of the worlds had become so overstuffed with sims that it was often impossible for me to save them. I had this issue again in this pre housekeeping version of Moonlight Falls.

For the next episode of this video series I'll go to a later save. Eventually I'll get Eric and his buddies up to the current version of the save. At that point I should have no problems with saving. I have added several new worlds to the game and the game is now good to play. I'll try to progressively continue to move sims to new worlds as the population of this game continues to grow. I currently have 1,075 sim listed in my spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is up to date as well now. I need it to know where my sims are so I can send Eric to the appropriate worlds whenever he and his friends decide to travel.

I became aware of the problem of the location of sims not being recorded accurately in the spreadsheet when I couldn't find Gregg Craig's parents. I did eventually find them so he does get to go home, but not in this episode. I will continue to send Isabel out to find them and she will go through each world in almost alphabetic order. The next world in the next episode will be Grey Meadow Islands. It should have been visited in this episode if I'd stuck rigidly to the order. I don't plan to send her to Hidden Springs either as I currently have only one household in that world and it isn't overpopulated and Gregg's parents are not in the world. But I do plan for Oscar to move there when he becomes a Young Adult and settles down to raise a huge family. Currently the only household I have there is Gertie McFluff with her 15 cats.

I'm thinking the next video I made might be from a different series. Currently I'm thinking of doing a few episodes of either 'The Perfect Genetics Challenge' or 'Caroline and Friends at University'. There are interesting sims in both of those series and lots happening. With Perfect Genetics the first heir is about to take over from her mother. In Caroline and Friends there are a whole host of very different sims with different traits to allow for maximum achievements at University. Isla Paradiso Bunch is completed unless I decide to do a third series at some stage.

Happy Simming
    edited August 2022
    @Karritz I just got through watching a video using the new TS4 High School Years pack, and then I watched your latest video about Oscar's teen years. 🙂 I have to say I love your boarding school. Ambitious, but a great idea.

So sorry about the problems you're having with Dark Harbor (and other worlds). Dark Harbor is a beautiful world though. It was interesting touring the different worlds and the lots you created for each one. I also enjoyed seeing all the activities your sims participated in. Broom riding, sculpting, lab tables, etc. Some of those paintings are really lovely. I liked your makeovers of the Imaginary Friends too. LOL at Henry filling in that deep hole in the yard after being abducting by aliens! A big scare after just being made real. 😆 That was a nice birthday party at the end of the video. Thanks again for sharing your sims' stories with us. I know it's been a lot of work. 👍
    I'm planning on returning to this series of videos shortly. I'm not sure of exactly when but it is in my list of things to do asap.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top