Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long do you have your seasons ?

13...Next

Comments

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    When I played one long lifespan the seasons' length seemed right with LMS' mod of 21 days. Now I use normal lifespan and 14 is plenty long enough for me. I have found that using extra holidays became a pia so now I only have the majors and it seems to work out better.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    14 days. Is actually too short for me. But 28 is too long... :D
    I'm missing something in between.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    I usually have it set to 28 days, but recently changed it to 14 days.
    I agree with most of you, 14 days is too short and 28 days too long.

I’m gonna try that tip @simgirl1010 with uicheats. That “schedule” you got going for seasons sounds more like my preferences 😊
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited April 2022
    If I am playing a household with teenagers or older I prefer to have modded 21days season or 28 days.

If I am playing a household with children or toddlers I prefer to have a 14 days season because I want the kids to experience several different seasons. To me it feels odd to have an entire childhood only during winter and spring for example.

697f40bfacdc290df4d7b056fca258c3d76dcc0a.jpg

Earlier I found it really irritating to have a family with sims that focused on gardening. I did not want the kids to only see snow or summer, so for their sake I wanted a short season. For the sake of the garden I wanted a long season, so that the plants had time to evolve a bit and it would give me time to get a garden that I liked to look at. It was driving me mad. The constant shuffling around with plants, what grows during the current season when it was the short 14 days version prior to this mod was not a fun way of gardening.

Then I discovered bienchen's mod that makes plants go dormant during winter only. Now my sims go into the store and buy seeds during the early days of spring and then we perfect the garden until winter comes. Maybe splice in a few flowers on the veggies so that it looks pleasing to me. During winter we do other things.

Link to the mod: https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/jahreszeiten-seasons/
    Post edited by SilentKitty on
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Right now its set to 7 days for my decades challenge. But most of the time it's 14 days.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I have them set at 14 days.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • CarmineCarmine Posts: 84 Member
    I have mine at 14 days a season, any less is too little, any more drags. Though my age settings are 2/14/21/28/49/56/42 (with pregnancy lasting 6 days) so it doesn't make a lot of sense when you think about it, lol.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    28 days each. I play on long lifespan or aging off and I sometimes rotate quickly through my households so the seasons sometimes pass right by.