Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Player Actions (Game)

Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
Fun game keep it going... Saw this on another forum and thought it was a fun thread so I wanted to continue it here.

comment your bad/repetitive gameplay habits below.

You do not have to age up the sim children on the same day to move onto the next household.
Post edited by Vivi_WillowTree on

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited April 2022
    Would you like to start us off? :)

Oops, never mind. Just realized you did.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I don't get it *shrugs*
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I'm not sure how to play. What do you mean by habits? What are the rules? :smile:
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    edited April 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to play. What do you mean by habits? What are the rules? :smile:

I think she's asking if we have any habits we follow in our play style.

I always cheat my sims enough money to start every save so that they can have decent furnishings throughout the house. Not the absolute best, but stuff that rarely produces uncomfortable moodlets.
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Options
    You do not have to learn every recipe at the festival food stall, you can just learn one recipe for now.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited April 2022
    You do not have to do a double, triple, and quadruple take at a specific detail of the game. You'll likely encounter it again anyway.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Okay guys I edited the original post. I saw this on another thread. As I just updated. No rules just your game play habits that you seem to follow throughout your generations or saves.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    My sims rarely sleep. Too busy.
  • Options
    I always forget to add a fire alarm or thermostat when decorating.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I play for "one more day" way too many times and suddenly it's way too late at night/early in the morning irl.

But more in game: can't help but have families have multiple kids. I struggle when challenges limit me to one kid. I'm trying to break this habit though for Sims who it makes sense that they would just have 1 kid.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    I almost always have my sims either be painters or actresses. I choose painters most of all because it's so easy to get rich quick.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I tend to abandon a household once the rugrats come along. TS4 toddlers are nothing but aggravation, and I get more than enough of that at work. On the other hand, TS2 toddlers are endurable. Not fun, but endurable.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I age-up babies immediately after they're born. The only exceptions I make are done if having an infant around for a while is important to a particular storyline (an extremely rare thing for me). Likewise I almost always age-up toddlers before their birthdays (and they have very short custom lifespans in most of my saves) unless it's important to a storyline not to do so.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Start a play session by picking one of my households at random, picking a sim at random, go into first person view and watch what happens.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Not every sim needs a soulmate and to wind up in a family setting

I just about ruined my favorite 2 sims by having them attempt to live together. While they do have a son together they're both serial romantics and it was more fun getting the "go on date" phone calls between these two. They aren't even bf/gf so I'll be moving one out after the son is no longer a teen.