Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show me your Willow Creek!

Comments

• Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    @tatselk Beautiful buildings. Have you seen @DaniRose2143 's building? You seem to have the same idea about the town.

Also, may I ask which floor tiles you've used for the outside (around the buildings)?
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member

@tatselk I love, love, love what you've built! You did a fantastic job!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    those are beautiful @tatselk
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited June 2022
    Went with Mcmansion anyway for Bargain Bend
    xRWI2Jz.png
    I realized that i could place Babs and Ollie in foundry
    and they had 3 kids in some trailer thing + theres ollies sister too
    sooo yeah. I guess they'll get a mcmansion
    the pink is killing my eyes but I can't paint all the houses blue :lol:
    j6cGUok.png
    maybe theres reason this house was a bargain despite it being huge...
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited April 2022
    My Willow Creek is pretty boring since the lot types are the same.
    jcT6v2x.png

Question about map overrides.. do patches break them often? :/ Asking for a friend.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @SimplyJen Nothing boring that I can see you did a great job!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Your Spencer-Kim-Lewis house looks cool @SimplyJen . Do you have more pictures of it?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @DaniRose2143 Thank you :blush:
    Your Spencer-Kim-Lewis house looks cool @SimplyJen . Do you have more pictures of it?

Even better! A link to the original build by Beatdoc16:
    https://beatdoc16.tumblr.com/post/641794007330095104/ea-makeover-cypress-terrace-cc-free-ea
  • Options
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    @DaniRose2143 Thank you :blush:

Even better! A link to the original build by Beatdoc16:
    https://beatdoc16.tumblr.com/post/641794007330095104/ea-makeover-cypress-terrace-cc-free-ea

It's funny, seeing those shots of Cypress Terrace I just realized I don't recall ever seeing the inside of the Kim-Lewis house. That might be the only lot I can say that about. And beatdoc16 did a super job with that!

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    @SimplyJen I don't know if they break often with patches as I just got mine. I imagine not? But I figured I could well play with mods off and old maps for while... it doesn't really affect the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    musteni wrote: »
    @SimplyJen I don't know if they break often with patches as I just got mine. I imagine not? But I figured I could well play with mods off and old maps for while... it doesn't really affect the game.
    I asked since I don't install anything that will break often unless it is useful. I ended up Googling to see how often this type of mod can break. Map overrides/replacements can break and have broken in the past but it may not be all that often. No biggie :) Thank you for replying and linking which one you use.

• Options
    tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member

@JAL Thanks! Yes, I have. :) I think the name of the tile is "Sidewalk Slab" or something similar to it. If you start typing "Sidewalk" in the search bar in build mode, the tile should appear.

@DaniRose2143 Thanks for your kind comment! I have been following your Garden Essence reno with much interest. ;)

@mightysprite Thanks!
  • Options
    @tatselk I'm happy you're enjoying it. It was really fun and challenging, and when time permits I want to do a lot more builds and renovations. I need to find time to thoroughly play test it and then I will put it up on the gallery. I did a few quick tests as I went but not a really thorough test. And I need to scan it and make sure there is no other cc besides Peacemaker's siding.
  • Options
    aaaand building willow creek continues
    TUAtmSS.png
    HejwYXJ.png
    3mLrAKy.png
    nothing much but I switched the tower house for more basic mansion
    plan to put spencer kim lewis back there idk I just didn't vibe with their modern house at all
    so maybe with older home I'll get to playing them one day
  • Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    juiO2Bp.png
    I've been working on my Willow Creek since 2015. If anyone wants to find the builds on the gallery I'll happily dig up info.

Foundry Cove
    All lots are residential and most resemble what they originally were. I've built the traveller's camp and downloaded the yellow starter house.hhuvq7p.png

Courtyard Lane
    I wanted a japanese district before we got Mt.Komorebi. These houses didn't really fit there so I left them here. There's a restaurant and a maker space plus three residential lots. I've built the restaurant and smallest residential, downloaded the rest.pmjS2Ee.png

Pendula View
    Goth manor is repurposed as a spa. Umbrage manor is in its original state. I've built the bigger victorian and downloaded the smaller one.NuoumKU.png

Sage Estates
    I'm in love with this pond I downloaded, it sits here just perfectly. Also downloaded the museum.5IuE4cp.png

Other areas
    Downloaded everything here: cafe, gym, lounge and arts center.AGe1zrf.png
    I have edited the original park into a karaoke park, though current main purpose is park again. They should have held the Sims Sessions at this stage :D3RFvjGO.png

This is beautiful, you've done a really good job. :) I do wonder how people manage to get their worlds looking like this though!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Lulu29 wrote: »
    juiO2Bp.png
    I've been working on my Willow Creek since 2015. If anyone wants to find the builds on the gallery I'll happily dig up info.

Foundry Cove
    All lots are residential and most resemble what they originally were. I've built the traveller's camp and downloaded the yellow starter house.hhuvq7p.png

Courtyard Lane
    I wanted a japanese district before we got Mt.Komorebi. These houses didn't really fit there so I left them here. There's a restaurant and a maker space plus three residential lots. I've built the restaurant and smallest residential, downloaded the rest.pmjS2Ee.png

Pendula View
    Goth manor is repurposed as a spa. Umbrage manor is in its original state. I've built the bigger victorian and downloaded the smaller one.NuoumKU.png

Sage Estates
    I'm in love with this pond I downloaded, it sits here just perfectly. Also downloaded the museum.5IuE4cp.png

Other areas
    I have edited the original park into a karaoke park, though current main purpose is park again. They should have held the Sims Sessions at this stage :D3RFvjGO.png

This is beautiful, you've done a really good job. :) I do wonder how people manage to get their worlds looking like this though!

With the help of the gallery and careful planning :smiley: also map replacement by 20th Century Plumbob :wink: But thank you!
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    My Willow Creek is divided between artists and aristocrats, the former residing in Foundry Cove and the latter in Pendula View and Sage Estates. There are of course overlappings, most notably the Goths, where each member of the noble family pursues a different artistic hobby. Bella, the painter of the bunch, is the leader of Studio Donna, a club of female creators who regularly meet at an arts centre in Courtyard Lane. That neighbourhood is the public gathering place for artists in general, featuring a museum, a photographic studio, a karaoke bar and a publishing house besides the aforementioned arts centre.

willowcreekb4j0l.png

And then there's Crawdad Corner which, just like Mirage Canyon in Oasis Springs, functions mostly as a commercial district with a fitness studio, a church that I have yet to set as a wedding venue, a wedding gown boutique owned by one of the Foundry Cove families, and the police station from Get To Work that my sims never actually go to because it serves no gameplay purpose, but I need it as a backdrop for my machinima series. I'm still thinking about what to do with the Magnolia Blossom Park.
  • Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Lulu29 wrote: »
    juiO2Bp.png

Foundry Cove

Courtyard Lane

Pendula View

Sage Estates

Other areas

With the help of the gallery and careful planning :smiley: also map replacement by 20th Century Plumbob :wink: But thank you!

You're welcome. :) It almost looks like a completely different world. I'll definitely be checking out the map replacements as this makes my Willow Creek look incredibly boring.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Mcmansion continued
    sxPYC2Q.png
    Changed the exterior a little
    because the wall of windows was bothering me so I decided it used to be garage too
    until cars were no longer a thing so they converted it into a study

I also added some interior *applause simmingal finally stops just building exteriors :lol:*
    but its still probably gonna change once I play the family and kids have actual personalities etc...
    I mean they still haven't even been born :lol:

JxjpUsn.png
    4X5iLUY.png
    xLJWoRQ.png
    eSioLGx.png

also realized i totally forgot ceiling lights so yes, those still need to be added
    Also updated world screen after all this building :lol: think I'll need to go to play with other things for a bit now
    yeah... long long way to go...
    but foundry had been empty for ages so good to have it ready for new families to come
    8b2mwuF.png
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    My Willow Creek is pretty simple. I either built new lots, updated old ones, or used the Maxis lots with some updates.

Willowcreek.png
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    @JestTru I like it a lot. Really like your idea to split Municipal Muses. What did you put in there?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @DaniRose2143 that is an older build of mine called Creekside Arts & Sciences. It has a wedding venue and all kinds of trade skill items for sims to build up their own skills and of course various pieces of art.

I've been trying to build or find lots from the gallery that match the neighborhood areas as I work on my own default save file.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    JestTru wrote: »
    @DaniRose2143 that is an older build of mine called Creekside Arts & Sciences. It has a wedding venue and all kinds of trade skill items for sims to build up their own skills and of course various pieces of art.

I've been trying to build or find lots from the gallery that match the neighborhood areas as I work on my own default save file.

That's awesome. Even better they are your own. Did you ever upload them to the gallery?

• Options
    edited April 2022
    @DaniRose2143 yes, takes me forever to build though. I don't know all the tricks of it and don't get to play as often as I would like, but I do ok. Most of my builds are simple but I do like to decorate them for family play. You can find it here...

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/18DD4E2FBCBC11E7838805A57EEC9667?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Jesttru&max=50&maxis=false
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    @JestTru Thank you very much for the link!

I know exactly what you mean about taking forever to do a build. That redo of Garden Essence aside, it usually takes me up to a week just to redecorate a house let alone build it.😁 Trying to make a build too complicated or busy is an easy trap to fall into. A lot of the lots I download that get tossed out are for that reason. I do it myself, trying squeeze in one more decor item, or another chair, or something.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top