Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show me your Willow Creek!

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    I spent about an hour earlier in Google street view just going up and down through Treme and Marigny, making mental notes. And going back through my memory from my trip in 2019.

Well that would certainly explain why it reminds me of those houses...I lived 5 minutes from there. :lol: You did a really nice job.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    edited April 2022
    @Stormkeep Awesome! I was hoping I had the vibe, and I felt like I had it, you confirmed it. Thank you so much.

Now I'm really energized to tackle the rest of the exterior and start on the interior. I did add a third Willow tree in the side yard to cover the patio I put in.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Elanorbreton, I like that chapel with cemetery attached and everything. Is it set up for weddings inside too? (I'm just being nosy).

The whole downtown has a a great look, imo. Reminds me of places I grew up. I'd visit there.

Yes, it is set up for weddings inside. It has the long aisle from MWS with rows of church benches and a party basement.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    @Simmingal The two brownstones are beautiful, and I really like how the house at Sage Estates gives me vibes of an old converted fire station with that tower.

tbh maybe thats why its looking so off to me :lol: I was going off debug house but the dimensions were all kinda wonky

food for thought though maybe i shall have firestation... or firestation inspired club where firefighters can dance all they want hmm... i mean its not like i can have my sims be firefighters so :lol: and accidental fires have become so rare that they'll have plenty time for clubbing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    A few exterior updates and the floor plan is done.

Exterior update: Created a wraparound front porch and deleted the porch in back.
    9LAIDuL.png?1

1st Floor:
    Living room, dining room/kitchen, bathroom #1, bedroom #1

1dHy36g.png
    CVTOvAl.png

2nd Floor:
    Bedrooms #2 & 3, 2nd bath, and laundry
    TAGdWAe.png
    vDZwXGq.png

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

@DaniRose2143 Nice! Looks like you're building an entire building, (Yeah, building a building, heh!), to be complete in one go.

In my experience, building is a mix of having Sims live in it, or go to it for a non-residential, then keep building it to their actions. Of course with a basic plan and idea in my mind.

Keep working on that. Looks interesting. I would love to d/l it from the gallery when you've finished it enough to release it. :smiley:
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited April 2022
    @Admiral8Q Thank you! I'm into the hardest part, trying to decorate without using any cc. So far the only cc is the purple paint. I could use lots of cc, but I set myself a challenge and I'm sticking with it, other than that one item.
    @Admiral8Q Thank you! I'm into the hardest part, trying to decorate without using any cc. So far the only cc is the purple paint. I could use lots of cc, but I set myself a challenge and I'm sticking with it, other than that one item.

Awesome! I have challenged myself to use only certain stuff. My main one is what I based from "A Series of Unfortunate Events" I used only Base-Game and Vampires.

I have less 'gloomy' builds. Heh!

0TodorQ.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• JALJAL Posts: 1,034 Member

I have an entire save for building in which I turn off cc where I build to make it all maxis. Then I add it to whatever save I'm actively playing and add cc as I please. I like to keep the base cc-less and then I can change it when I play. That way if I lose or remove a lot of cc in the future the house won't be rendered useless. It also forces you to work with what there is more.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!

I have an entire save for building in which I turn off cc where I build to make it all maxis. Then I add it to whatever save I'm actively playing and add cc as I please. I like to keep the base cc-less and then I can change it when I play. That way if I lose or remove a lot of cc in the future the house won't be rendered useless. It also forces you to work with what there is more.

I like that, I never would have thought of it. but I like it. It's been a challenge but it's been fun. It hasn't been easy, all that cc sitting there that would look so perfect. But after @Admiral8Q mentioned wanting to download it, I'm really committed to the cc free approach. I may still upload with the purple cc siding, but I can always list that in the description. There isn't enough space to list cc if I built like I normally do.😁 Depending on how late I am getting home from work I'd like to finish it tonight. We'll see, but if not tonight, then tomorrow.

And thank you for starting this thread, it has been inspirational.

@JAL @Simmingal I found something else we need, bathroom sinks that are not built into stands or cabinets. Let us choose the counters we want in our sims bathrooms and which sinks to put in there. Free the sinks! Free the sinks! #freethesinks

I did some decorating in the downstairs bathroom before work and had one bathroom sink that I was forced to use because I wanted counters in the bathroom.
    @DaniRose2143 Thank to all of you who are answering, it IS inspirational. I love the ideas and the new knowledge I get from these threads so I'm definitely benefitting too.

And yes! More sinks please! And sinks that are of various styles. On the counters, in the counters, without a counter, tiled, mosaics, marble, glass, stone... There are far too few sinks overall in the game overall since it does so much to a bathroom I would wish they'd add more. Speaking of sinks, how often can a sink break? I think sims need sturdier sinks as well.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I've edited four of the six sub-hoods.
    The other two uses the existing houses as starter homes.
    Willow_Creek.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The Goths have a new home in Pendula view.
    04-18-22_12-26-42_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    I kept their old house. Alexander will inherit it while Cassandra will get the new one.
    04-18-22_12-27-45_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I love the public space behind the house.
    04-18-22_12-28-20_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I deleted most of the lots in Crawdad Quarter.
    I only kept the Bar. The other lots were replaced with a house for Nina and Dina, a house for Don Lothario, and a Bowling alley.
    04-18-22_12-29-32_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    I made the Calientes and Don Lothario lore friendly.
    04-18-22_12-30-03_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The faux mother is gone and Don has his own TS2 styled home next door.
    04-18-22_12-31-37_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The bowling alley, the only one in the whole world.
    04-18-22_12-32-35_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I deleted the park and put in a community space.
    I still have more landscape work to do for it.
    04-18-22_12-34-15_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    It still has all the amenities of a park, plus the community space.
    04-18-22_12-34-45_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I tend to keep this set up.
    It has a piano for sims who don't have the space at home, A podium for speeches, research computers and regular computers, a snack area...
    04-18-22_12-37-36_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The upstairs has a community garden, games, activities for kids, and yoga area.
    04-18-22_12-38-36_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

04-18-22_12-39-01_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

04-18-22_12-39-55_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

04-18-22_12-42-38_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

04-18-22_12-42-53_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

04-18-22_12-43-25_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

04-18-22_12-44-04_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

04-18-22_12-46-27_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

04-18-22_12-51-00_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

04-18-22_12-51-21_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

04-18-22_12-53-30_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The Sims 4 is so non-offensive, it's a bit boring.
    That was the weakest Crumplebottom attack I have ever seen.
    04-18-22_12-54-16_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I replaced both homes in Sage Estates.
    04-18-22_12-58-25_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I don't play the Landgraabs, other that to give them retail businesses to own.
    I have yet to fully decorate this house for them.
    04-18-22_12-58-46_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    CK213 wrote: »
    The Goths have a new home in Pendula view.
    04-18-22_12-26-42_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    I kept their old house. Alexander will inherit it while Cassandra will get the new one.

I love that house! I want it exactly where you have it! For the Goths also. Is it on the gallery?

I've been working on the old Goth mansion. Mostly interior renovating. When I'm satisfied, I plan to upload mine to the gallery.

TqTOgUb.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited April 2022
    Been trying to work on Foundry today
    YKCWZs4.png
    I decided to place more trees instead of sandy field cause i really don't have anything to fill sandy field with :lol:
    LhwSKEb.png

mainly though
    uEDLoVE.png
    I was trying to update Dreamers house a little to fit in
    ckhIAcU.png
    gave them also some grilling space
    XUzhUUs.png
    upstairs got the biggest flip as i flippity flippity the whole thing around
    wanted to keep the old house vibes tho
    PAcT0us.png
    downstairs was mostly arrangement and deletion of few items
    yZswfVY.png

fMZWnDS.png
    green house is mostly just hanging out there I'm trying to figure what shape looks nice
    kinda annoyed how I seem unable to blend that dreamers house in though :lol: like even when i think I do I really don't :lol: oh well
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Simmingal, I kind of like that green house the shape it is. The neighborhood isn't a fancy one, so a house that is a very basic shape sorta fits in, in my mind.

Beautiful shots from everyone above in the thread as well. I'm enjoying this thread.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    edited April 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Simmingal, I kind of like that green house the shape it is. The neighborhood isn't a fancy one, so a house that is a very basic shape sorta fits in, in my mind.

Yeah I think my problem with this neighborhood is that I like to build small tall and fancy houses
    and neighborhood is like how about one story cheap but spacious houses and my brain is just no make it fancier since u at it :lol:

well that paired with suburbans that are like my discomfort zone if i ever have one

I mean I'm pretty sure the sheer amount of windows I'm using would make ts1 sims gasp in ''wow what a fancy house'' :lol:
    edited April 2022
    if anyone has ideas for Bargain Bend that would work with this I'm all ears though that huuuge lot is really throwing me off and I don't think I can do another fake park to make it smaller :lol: maybe it needs 2 houses instead of one...
    Simmingal wrote: »
    if anyone has ideas for Bargain Bend that would work with this I'm all ears though that huuuge lot is really throwing me off and I don't think I can do another fake park to make it smaller :lol: maybe it needs 2 houses instead of one...

If you want to go with the "cheap neighborhood" then two (or three) houses would work well on that lot. Personally I've decided that all of Willow Creek is fancy, so I just put a really big house there, but if you want to keep the bargain, then several houses - perhaps with shared hedges or fences would be one way to do it. Terraced houses would also work. That way you could always move in more than one family and keep it as a place for NPCs to live.
    edited April 2022

If you want to go with the "cheap neighborhood" then two (or three) houses would work well on that lot. Personally I've decided that all of Willow Creek is fancy, so I just put a really big house there, but if you want to keep the bargain, then several houses - perhaps with shared hedges or fences would be one way to do it. Terraced houses would also work. That way you could always move in more than one family and keep it as a place for NPCs to live.

Idk I mean its not so much price of the lot (my poor sims usually start their lives in other more interesting places) but I just don't really feel like building whole mcmansion on it either

like averagely funded families will probably live there with their kids that tell horror stories about clownhouse at the end of street

do feel like if i do multiple houses it'd have to be 2 though just cause 8 sim household limit I have some "apartments"and such that ive set up for more households but tbh those are kinda pain to play with so many different sims to keep track of and then you can't make new bundles of joy which is kinda sad
    I have my Garden Essence renovation finished. I did have to make a few alterations. For one the balcony on the long side had to be sacrificed. Trying to work in a door to it and having a floor plan I like weren't working well together so I removed it. There are balconies on the front and back plus the front porch, so that small one was overkill. I also added a deck and a pool to the back yard. So here it is...

Exterior: There is a continuity error. Those willow trees were replaced by oaks when I added the deck and pool.
    dF1NH47.png?2

The backyard:
    2Q78yzd.png?1
    Rr9amZR.png?1
    QL17AEB.png?1

The first floor:
    Living room and kitchen. I just noticed another error. I had lowered the windows to match the placement level of the living room, and didn't lower the curtains too.🤦🏻‍♀️
    A6yI9E7.png?1
    mwyYaQ6.png?1
    3DVkSxV.png?1
    USvIKV5.png?1

The second floor:
    Laundry and bathroom

B0P1AZI.png?1

Front bedroom and balcony. Wow did I ever make a lot of errors. I just noticed the screenshots of the bedroom were taken before the deck was added. So it's showing the ground level patio with pavers, not the wood deck and pool.🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
    AtsnEeQ.png?1
    Kko0TPQ.png?1
    nkiZ1rU.png?1

Back bedroom and balcony
    RthxXzD.png?1
    0Yv4AsR.png?1
    TJeWFrs.png?1

And I only have a handful of lots left to place and I will have my map ready to post. This has been an absolute thrill to work on, and it set a record for me at least. I went from the base Garden Essence to that in two days. I can spend two on just one room.
    edited April 2022
    Here is my map of Willow Springs. In this one I didn't include my Garden Essence redo. It stands out a bit much compared to anything else I have for that neighborhood at the moment. I do plan to redo the others and make a full Foundary Cove renovation in the near future.

CWOWXcV.png?1

Foundary Cove:
    Zydeco Row by ChiKiwi2016
    7177gIO.png?1

Mais Cher Shotgun by ChiKiwi2016
    Gvo9ipa.png?1

Pretty Penny Shotgun by ChiKiwi2016
    y0VJscK.png

Bywater Shotgun by ChiKiwi2016
    ZonHsNd.png?1

Bargain Bend by PeachesPlace
    Mk9Xq6V.png?1

Courtyard Lane: All lots by Peaches Place
    Rindle Rose
    i86g1XJ.png?1

Pique Hearth
    pXbT7xg.png?1

Riverside Roost
    zTUBfxx.png?1

Brook Bungalow
    HLzN357.png

Potter's Splay
    yF2XDk2.png?1

Pendula View: All lots by PeachesPlace
    Ophelia Villa
    Zvy37Cr.png?1

Hallow Slough
    ypWeAMt.png?1

Parkshore
    pcplSOl.png?1

Umbrage Manor
    DSbxtWY.png

Magnolia Gardens by Peacemaker
    9xThGjW.png?1

Sage Estates:
    Oakenstead Antebellum by ChiKiwi2016
    nvAt5pk.png?1

Cypress Terrace by PeachesPlace
    jRekocd.png

Crawdad Quarter; All lots by Peacemaker
    The Archive
    9WEG4vk.png?1

Shaker's Gym
    kcLAEyp.png?1

Swords And Shield
    DcWwOic.png?1

Bond Museum
    0EzZDJl.png
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    Also yes siding colors are so lacking in this game i struggle everytime i try to build suburban cause its always going to end up same few colors
    well if i didn't already struggle too much with my inner need for complete symmetry and dislike of unclean roof lines

Yes, I would absolutely love if they updated the sidings and gave us more colors, as I don’t use CC. They did that with inside furniture, maybe they will do it with sidings!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I love that house! I want it exactly where you have it! For the Goths also. Is it on the gallery?

Yes, it's been up for quite a while now
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BD0F145CEA3611EA8ADE7B1E401331EB?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=ck213&max=50&maxis=false
    00.jpg

The interior is 90% Goth.
    I created a sample room from their old house and use their old furniture to furnish it.
    09-17-21_11-00-12_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09-17-21_11-31-21_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member
    edited April 2022
    It was really interesting seeing how differently everyone built their versions of Willow Creek! :)

I'm currently on a mission to rebuild Willow Creek with a more overtly New Orleans-inspired look.

So far, I have finished 2 of the lots in the commercial district, Crawdad Quarter. I'm largely basing this district on New Orleans' French Quarter.

This is a library based on a house which the novelist, Anne Rice, used to live in in New Orleans.

2c279569d5cb0506759f367d2590af15513d458a.jpg

And this is a restaurant, which is inspired by Brennan's in New Orleans.

a404b8682a212ea48cd435c64fb3b1f5fc5f5512.jpg
    Post edited by tatselk on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top