Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long do you have your seasons ?

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Each season lasts for 2 weeks in my games. I would prefer 1 week each but I can’t squeeze all of the holidays I have set up in such a short amount of time unfortunately.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I play with 28-day seasons, and with aging off. I reserve the right to use UI Cheats to change seasons, but I've only done that a few times.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    My settings - rain, snow, 14 days, long lifespan and I play one household at a time.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I have 28 day seasons. Otherwise the holidays would come around too quickly for me.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    I play with Season, 28 days and I play with aging off usually, and play rotationally.
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    If I'm only playing one household, I use 14 days seasons. If I'm playing rotationally or on a longer life span, I'll do 28 days
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited April 2022
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Just curious I've recently changed it to 28 days

My seasons are 14 days long. I like starting in Summer and now my sims are adults, embarking onto dangerous territory as their son inches closer to teendom. He'll be a teenager in four days!
    Happy Easter from the Cole family!
    52011702663_0b3453ec27_k.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    14 days usually.
    If I play rotationally in a save I like to set it on 28 days.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I love your sim family @HillyBeth
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    28 days & then reset with the weather machine for the same season.
    For example, I spring set at 28 days then on the last day of spring I get my sim to use the weather machine to advance to winter & back to spring again for another 28 days. I do this for about 3 times. ;)
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,082 Member
    I currently play each season 28 days as i'm playing year by year. Currently we've just entered 1986 in my save starting from 1979 so 28 days each season makes it a full year.

In the Sims 3, I used to change the season to match what ever season it was in my real life climate.
  • MkinsMkins Posts: 79 Member
    I play with 28 days because of the natural progression with the weather changes. Anything shorter and it gets a bit crazy! I remember right after New Year's Eve on the first day of Spring (new year) on a 7 day season, the grass was green and the birds were singing. It was jarring for a Canadian like me lol
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,082 Member
    edited April 2022
    Mkins wrote: »
    I play with 28 days because of the natural progression with the weather changes. Anything shorter and it gets a bit crazy! I remember right after New Year's Eve on the first day of Spring (new year) on a 7 day season, the grass was green and the birds were singing. It was jarring for a Canadian like me lol

The same happens on a 28 day calendar. Once the season changes to Spring the snow melts straight away on the first day of spring.
  • MkinsMkins Posts: 79 Member
    edited April 2022
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Mkins wrote: »

The same happens on a 28 day calendar. Once the season changes to Spring the snow melts straight away on the first day of spring.

Might be how I set it up. I tend to use the 4 week Winter as real life Winter months. I have the first week more like the end of November since it's still Fall but lots of snow, and no big holidays but I do have Remembrance Day. In the second week I have Winterfest and on the third week I end it with New Year's Eve, then on the 4th week is Love Day because Feb is still Winter. By the first day of Spring it's March and Easter plans begin between the first and final 4 weeks.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    14 days for each season. This gives me time to spread out major holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, and Easter. Plus I can add a special holiday for each season that usually revolves around family or dating. I found that, for me, 7 days was too short. I haven't tried a 28-day cycle because I thought it would be too long. I only play two or three households in most of my saves so my rotation is pretty fast and kind of balanced. Maybe the 28-day cycle would be better.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    14 days. I usually play with aging set to long or off. I find 7 day Seasons to be too short and the game goes through them too fast to really get much out of them before the next season comes and 28 days is far too long and it will feel like the season never changes. 14 is a good balance to enjoy each season without any feeling like they're lingering.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • sistasoldier1721sistasoldier1721 Posts: 16 Member
    I set mine to 14 days usually, If Im playing long or rotational I will set it to 28 on all seasons. But, I kind of liked the idea to change it per season. How could I do that? I dont remember seeing an option in game to do that, is there a mod?
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    I have them set to 28 days, so the holidays don't come around to quickly.
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    28 days for the save I play rotationally on (with aging off). And 7days for the other save where I only play 1 family.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    7 days because my sims live up to 80 days before they rip.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    14. Gives me adequate spacing for multiple seasonal holidays, and allows sims to see at least 3 full rotations in their lifetime (on average), given my in-game lifespan goes to 180 days (barring fluctuations).
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Max and not long enough. The days can go by at the current rate, but I'd like a semi-realistic calendar options with 12 months per year and 3 months per season. I want my sims aging up at appropriate intervals within that setting. I want summers off for kids, teens, and young adults in school, with summer activities, such as camp, sports, and so forth. The current options are fine, but we need this too as another option for those who want things to last longer. I'm not into epic stories, or lineages. And, right now, you have to choose which family member to invest in once the eldest child leaves.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    SailorCeti wrote: »
    right now, you have to choose which family member to invest in once the eldest child leaves.

@SailorCeti those of us who find this limiting use "active household only" aging and invest in all of the children :smiley:
  • SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    28 days.
  • MsDSweetsMsDSweets Posts: 86 Member
    Greetings Simmers - I use 14 days.

One week is just toooo short. I tried 28 days (4 weeks) and it was just tooo long.

When I set my game to 14 days, it seemed perfect. Based on the holidays I created, two weeks is just right. My sims are not in any one season too long and can achieve goals and when playing, right when I'm ready for the season to change, it does. Also, my pregnancies are one week per trimester, which fits.