Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there anything I can do about ghosts and tombstones that's safe for my game?

ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
edited February 21 in Nominated Threads
So I did it, I managed to extract one of my original sim couple, from the relationship, with great difficulty, after another Sim I had an interest in, met him by chance in a public place downtown, and there was nothing wrong with that original Sim. Apparently it was only his husband who can't talk or interact with not only him, but with anyone. But I couldn't divorce them because they had no interactions available.

So I had to go guerilla and kill off the corrupted sim. Horrible, but I managed, even though he could somehow glitch through the walls around the swimming pool so that didn't work...locking him out o fthe house in winter did the job. Not pleasant but necessary.

So I have a new couple and all is well in the manse, except the ghost of the corrupted sim husband keeps coming around, and no one can interact with him but he still breaks things.

I've heard it will corrupt my game to delete the tombstone, but is there any way I can send this ghost to the great beyond?
Unfortunately due to a cow plant, there are now two more tombstones on this lot and their ghosts, as well. realizing this was just going to keep compounding, I deleted the cow plant but am afraid to delete the tombstones.

What do you do about ghosts in general, and especially about a ghost you can't interact with at all? Is there anything I can do other than move off the lot?
You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
```
wonderfullymade.jpg
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I usually just let the graves stay on the lot. Adds some unpredictability to the game with the haunting.

Yes, this means that Sims with low hunger at night really have to avoid ghosts or risk being scared to death, but that's something I enjoy - making the game more challenging.

Ghosts can't cross water so if you don't want to make a cemetery for them, you can just put a mote around them and the ghosts won't be able to haunt around your Sims.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    I usually just let the graves stay on the lot. Adds some unpredictability to the game with the haunting.

Yes, this means that Sims with low hunger at night really have to avoid ghosts or risk being scared to death, but that's something I enjoy - making the game more challenging.

Ghosts can't cross water so if you don't want to make a cemetery for them, you can just put a mote around them and the ghosts won't be able to haunt around your Sims.

Firstly, thanks for replying! Now I know that they can actually die if their motives are low when interacting with ghosts! Eeek, that's reason enough, I think, to leave the glorious mansion I built and move them to another lot and maybe build a new home.

I did hear about the moat, and did that right away with the tombstone of the original husband I killed off. It did not stop his ghost. But that might be because he's glitched, and could also, before he died, somehow pass through the walls I built around the pool in an attempt to drown him? Maybe his ghost can glitch right over water, too, because his tombstone is on one square, surrounded completely by water, yet he still haunts nightly.

The other two tombstones are on the sidewalk b e cause the cow plant was at the edge of the property. I sure hope it's okay to just pick up a tombstone in build mode and move it a few squares so I can make a moat! I heard it's not okay to move tombstones, but didn't know if that was through the interaction to do so, or through build/buy, or both, or neither.

Maybe I'll just have them move to a new home lot in Belladonna Cove? That won't ruin their permanent platinum bobs, will it? The first guy got his, I'm not even sure how or why, and the second got his by achieving his lifetime want of becoming a mad scientist.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Yea, leave some ground around the tombstone so that they don't spawn on the other side of the moat.

They have to be really low in order to trigger it. In all of my time playing, I play generational challenges and I've had countless Sims die on the lot. No more than 2-3 haunt on any one night. I've had a large number of Sims be scared by their relatives. Only 1 has died and her husband was home and was able to plead for her life and won.

The only other time I came close to losing a Sim was when night a Sim got scared like 3 times in short succession. And that was only one time ever.

Knowledge Sims will actually sometimes want to be scared by ghosts.

It's perfectly fine to move the location of a grave/urn on a lot.

You can move Sims just fine. Just remember that you can't bulldoze a lot or place it into the lot bin with a grave on it unless you have the mod that prevents the game from messing with the Sim's files when their grave is deleted.

Sims can be moved freely between a neighborhood and any attached sub neighborhoods. Just move them to the Sim Bin first. They will not lose anything except the value of things that don't get sold when you sell a house.
  • sims2nostalgiasims2nostalgia Posts: 5 New Member
    In my neighborhoods I used to make community lots as churches with graveyards (or use one of the premades, like the one in downtown). I then moved gravestones to that lot with the "move gravestone"-interaction. That way the ghost wouldnt annoy my living sims, I could visit the graves and it was the most "realistic" solution :smiley:
  • IamJIamJ Posts: 44 Member
    I second the last commenter: I also have churches and graveyards. There are some really beautiful ones to download, I have a graveyard with lots of space called ravens rest cemetery. Highly recommend.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    IamJ wrote: »
    I second the last commenter: I also have churches and graveyards. There are some really beautiful ones to download, I have a graveyard with lots of space called ravens rest cemetery. Highly recommend.

So it's safe to move a tombstone if I do it through that interaction rather than in build buy mode?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • IamJIamJ Posts: 44 Member
    > @ignominiusrex said:
    > So it's safe to move a tombstone if I do it through that interaction rather than in build buy mode?

Completely safe! Just to clarify though: you can move a tombstone with build/buy as well, just don’t delete it. But you can’t use build/buy to get it off your lot, so that isn’t going to help your problem. In order to get it to another lot you need to use the interaction “move to lot”. Having a graveyard is just a great way to get rid of all the tombstones, and meanwhile being realistic, beautiful and a place where you can still visit loved ones when you want to. If you would like to move them somewhere else you can do that as well; maybe a haunted house or a resurrection lab or whatever you feel like :-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top