Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you rather have much larger plots?

ยซ1
Would you rather have much larger plots?

Personally, I would love to have a really large plot of land of at least 100 x 100. I would much prefer that than so many small ones.

What do you think about it? Do you also think that at least one large plot should be added to the game?

Would you rather have much larger plots? 66 votes

Yes
36%
CK213MartinvbabajaynencisGibbs02taydevmotdkDoloresGreyChadSims2MasonGameremberelfUlfric_GrimbrandOldeseadoggeRedShoe7EricasFreePlaymicheleillejenaSERVERFRASeashoreLiviaOribaCalico45 24 votes
No
63%
EvvieSimmerGoldmoldarhaneulSerraNolwensimgirl1010luthienrisingmueller_litebestfrienemies14wecantpickanameBabykittyjadecyncieOnversertexxx78Karababy52EnkiSchmidtKyreRoenHearts4uFanPhoriaChazzzyGrumpyGlowfish 42 votes

Comments

• haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    No
    I would like more large (64x64 or 50x50) lots though.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    No
    No, I'd prefer more lots to big ones. For my game, it's more helpful to be able to have a variety of different lots, and honestly, I tend to find massive lots already pretty annoying to navigate most times as it is. I wouldn't begrudge adding a few really huge lots for those that want them, but only if we still got many lots in total in a variety of sizes. Any situation that results in fewer lots would be the worst case for me, since I already find myself feeling like there's not enough different lots to visit and play with, and end up running out of living space after a few generations (since there's a limited number of sims that can be in a household, having a big house for a big family isn't enough, I still need different houses for the dozens and dozens of different households I end up playing with.)

Now, if they made an update that expanded the household size AND made it possible to have lots be more than one lot type at once (like being able to have a proper residence/retail store, or a something that was both considered a restaurant AND bar lot at the same time, that sort of thing), then maybe fewer, larger lots could work, but that would be such big change in the game coding, so I don't think that's likely to happen.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,950 Member
    edited April 2022
    No
    I already feel the 64x64 ones incredibly hard to fill with items that aren't just million toilets and million chairs so nope

100 just sounds like torture

what i really wish for would be ability to remove and add items off lot cause im tired of random stuff getting stuck there with no solutions

also wish all lots would be editable
    *looking at you strangerville lab*
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes
    I honestly don't even really use the tiniest of them. Not residentially, at least. They have a decent use for commercial lots such as restaurants.

I would definitely want some larger lots, but not necessarily at the cost of lot quantity. Land and space feels so limited in 4.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Yes
    Not that large, doubt the engine could handle it, but more of the various larger ones, say the 50x50, 40x40, and 30x30. I have several nice lots of those sizes in library from the gallery, but have no place to put them.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    No
    I can't handle anything larger than 64ร—64 sorry ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    No
    I prefer more variation in sizes for smaller lots. And many more of them or the ability to place lots where we like.
    In addition, I would like for us to have the ability to control the light ambiance settings such as the time of day, colors, brightness and how the light lands when actually on that lot.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    No
    I think I would prefer a lot of little ones rather than a few big ones. The big lots are great for parks etc., but I like having a little plot for a house with a small backyard and wish there were more of those.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    No
    I love large lots and use them often. But if we could have more, I don't want larger ones, just a few more of the larger sizes we already get.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yes
    I prefer to play on small-ish lots. Why not to have an option or two of extra large lots though? I think it would be perfect for farms. To be honest, 64x64 is not spacious enough for a farm. You can barely have one coop and one shed if you want to have a garden as well.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    No
    If it was my choice, I would prefer to make my own lots instead of depending on EA/Maxis.
    Omen by HP Intelยฎ๏ธ Coreโ„ข๏ธ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intelยฎ Coreโ„ข i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    No
    I have no idea what you would even put on a lot the size of that.

It's not like we can make multli-functional lots (such as a shopping mall that includes different types of stores, eateries, salons, gyms, etc) and they all function without changing the lot type to work for those various venues).

I would much prefer many more "normal" sized lots as opposed to the worlds taking a huge amount of space for ginormous lots I'd never use.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yes
    Iโ€™d like one 80x80 lot so I could truly recreate my childhood home. I can fit the house on a 50x50, but not with the surrounding grounds that were so unique to that property. And along with that, Iโ€™d like to be able to make my own sledding hill there.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No
    No, never.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,123 Member
    Yes
    Maybe, if we finally get horses, unicorns & pegasus in Sims 4.
  • RustyBucket4745RustyBucket4745 Posts: 23 Member
    Yes
    I'd love more varied lots. Tinier ones than in Newcrest, for challenge purposes mainly, and larger ones than the 64x64. I also want multifamily lots, so you can make community housing, terraced and semi-detached houses. That would be fun.
  • OribaOriba Posts: 41 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yes
    I bought city living just because of the 64 x 64 lot. I then wanted to let my household move into the large new property. Unfortunately I found out that this is not possible.
    Now I'm trying to transfer the house that I have built on the 64 x 64 lot to a 50 x 50 lot. The house itself can somehow be squeezed in. But unfortunately I have no more space for a nice garden and a large pool behind the house.
    I can barely accommodate the house in a modified, reduced form with great difficulty.
    I find this very frustrating!
    I've spent so much money on the game and a lot of expansions but because of the small plots I can't build as I would like. This makes me lose interest in the game
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    This is kind of a complicated answer, if we ever got proper farm animals that aren't objects, like they're treated like sims like Dogs and Cats are then Yes. I'd like larger lots. But as the game is now I would like more 64x64 lots and 50x50 lots for sure. I'd just like more lots in general, it doesn't matter how big or small they are.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited April 2022
    No
    I wanted to add that I do think we need more 64ร—64 lots though. I love building malls and cities on them. I think we need more bigger lots overall. I just don't know I could handle bigger than that though. My sister is the only one I know who can build and play in a 4 story 64ร—64 house with a 2 level basement. And I'm like how does your sims even find eachother?๐Ÿ˜‘
    Lol
    But maybe when we get horses we could use something bigger ๐Ÿ‘€
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited April 2022
    No
    It feels like the larger lots doesn't run that well in the game engine, especially not if you build a large house on them, so I'm not sure what one would use a 100 x 100 lot for. I can only think of maybe an amusement park, a large farm or an airport or something.

The game also have the max 20 sims per zone limit (if you are not using mods), so if we are going to be able to build large lots like that in the sims4 then they should add an option for people to remove that limit.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2022
    No
    I prefer the smaller lots and would love it if we had more of those rather than larger lots. However, I just don't use the larger lots and do fine with what we have so if they did include larger ones, I wouldn't mind. Well, as long as it didn't detract from the number and variety of lots in a world. For me what would be ideal is the system TS2 used where we could pick what size lot we wanted and place it almost anywhere. I miss that feature.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Yes
    If we ever get horses and also a farming set up like TS3's Grand Pa's grove.
    Plus nectar making. I loved growing my own crops and having a huge nectar celler.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes
    The bigger the lot the better I hate the small lot limitations I can never build what I want so many times I start building and end up having to make shrink down the build. If it was up to me no lot would be smaller than 64x64 a few 100x100 would be great for parks or mall builds.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Yes
    I would like a few larger lots for stately manors (70x70).
    Iโ€™d be interested to see the size of a 100x100 lot size. New Yorkโ€™s Central Park comes to mind ๐Ÿ˜Š. I like the suggestion of a shopping mall. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜Š

Whether my computer could handle the sizes is another matter ๐Ÿ˜‚.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! ๐Ÿ˜Šโ˜•๏ธ๐ŸŒž
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,844 Member
    No
    I can't even figure what to do with the larger lots we already have. :p

My DSV.
    bJlxMkm.png