Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you care for Paralives?

Comments

• AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Yes
    Just posting see my answer in the poll. Apparently I already voted
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    Other...
    I have hope for any new life simulator because I am not enjoying any of the sims games anymore. Indy companies have made really good games in the past. I don't know if they can or can't pull off all the features they currently have spoken about. I'm not a coder, but for me, I care about the gameplay, creation, and graphics. So far, it looks like they may have the building/creation part, but I have yet to see gameplay, and if the graphics of the parapeople don't improve a lot, I won't enjoy the game.
  • CuriousCarrotTopCuriousCarrotTop Posts: 43 Member
    Yes
    So far I feel like Paralives is looking very promising, and since it will be on Steam when it comes out I will buy it because even if I don't enjoy it, Steam has a fair return policy that I have found useful in the past when games didn't meet my expectations so I can easily return it for a refund if needed.

It's appealing to me in graphics and game-play (from what we know so far anyway), and I'm also hoping it will do well enough to be a real competitor to The Sims franchise. I'm not going to discount The Sims, I love the sims 4 even when problems arise, but I do think some real, direct competition would be good for everyone. Will Paralives turn out to be that competition? I hope so, but it can't be known at this time for sure imho.
    Origin ID: CuriousCarrotTop | My Simblr | My Twitter
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited March 2022
    Yes
    I am hopeful but keeping an open mind. It looks great so far. I build more and the house they built looked splendid and I did like the music.

I think it will depend on what they actually have at launch whether I buy it. They want to include a lot but can they? All at the start? πŸ€”πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ.

If I think I can fun with it then I will buy, if I’m not sure I’ll wait.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! πŸ˜Šβ˜•οΈπŸŒž
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited March 2022
    No
    I consider this game separate from sims
    and as such it barely crosses my mind
    like idk just not interested

+I don't think I truly care to get invested in another game anyway
    unless its like idk grand occult dream sims isn't capable of giving to me
    and this game just doesn't really sound like that either so meh, neh , no
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,274 Member
    Other...
    I'm not following that project, but it it goes well, then great!
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2022
    No
    Semi changed my mind, I think at this point the sims just seems to be going from bad to worse and I think the franchise is sadly beyond saving. There's only so much bad PR and scandals a game can have before it starts to lose people, Paralives is the best hope for a life simulator
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Yes
    We might be seeing gameplay this year due to the fact that 2022 is going to be "live mode" I think that was suppose to be last year but they had to back track due to the fact they had to "backtrack" on the Paramaker
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    No
    Unfortunately, not anymore. Because it was made years ago & still not available.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Other...
    I need to see evidence of concrete progress. I know it's a small indy company, but, really now. Do something.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Yes
    I need to see evidence of concrete progress. I know it's a small indy company, but, really now. Do something.

look at the progress they have made from 2019 to 2021. There's three and a half paras now and they had zero. And for gameplay? We might be seeing that this year since they're looking on live mode

6adMCGP.gif
  • xToscaxTosca Posts: 9 New Member
    Yes
    It looks fun to me, so yeah, I'm interested in it.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Other...
    its a maybe so far. I like the build mode and now I am getting a better understanding of the art style and direction it is growing on me. I really need to see what the game play is though because build and art style of sims are not a problem for me BUT game play that is different or an improvement in some way would be a gamechanger. (the CAS balances out for me - I like the customisation of paralives but prefer the look of sims).

I do worry that they are trying to be all things for everybody and if they add everything everyone asks for, it could be their downfall - either it will be too much for what it is and fail or add everything at subpar level so it will run and end up pleasing no one anyway. Having said this the CAS and build seem to have succeeded and exceded expectations, so it could be amazing.

However it ends up, I would like having more than one simulator - I think if I get bored or stale in one then swapping to the other would be nice.
  • LilNerdySimmersLilNerdySimmers Posts: 99 Member
    Yes
    I like the style of PL (Paralives). The parafolks look straight from Telltale Games.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    No
    At this point, 'fraid not. I was following it quite closely when it was first released and the video of Maggie's loft looked gorgeous. After that, I've lost interest a bit.
    It might just be me but I felt that the art style in the Maggie's loft video was wildly different to the introduction of Maggie? Maybe it is just me but it didn't feel quite the same.

However, when/if they eventually show some genuine gameplay (with the UI), then I might change my mind. For now though, it's an easy no.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • penanggalanpenanggalan Posts: 1 New Member
    No
    I was interested in Paralives at first, but now? Not at all. In the years that it has been in development, instead of focusing on gameplay (which should've been top priority from the beginning) the team focused on aesthetics. They're just now starting the AI and basic animations, they created a very fluid height slider before animating parafolk interacting with each other, this is not smart development. More and more people have lost interest in this game as they cannot show any gameplay footage, because it doesn't exist, there isn't any gameplay. The devs continue to lock threads of people asking when the game is coming out, or at the very least, a demo. The attention Paralives got from the devs begging random Sims 4 youtubers to react to videos of them building unusable homes/rooms and enlarging Maggie's... "plums", is limited.

If Paralives ever comes out, I hope it's at least a decent game, but so far, it just seems to be a relaxing building game where you can dress up a dude named Sebastian and a woman named Maggie on the side, but they don't do anything except stand around and wave at you.
  • LadyOracleLadyOracle Posts: 23 Member
    Meh
    I'm keeping an open mind, but until it releases it's a nonissue for me.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Meh
    I don't know what I answered before but no. Even if I stop playing the sims I doubt I'd be interested in paralives. I just play other games then.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2022
    No
    Paralives has been looking a lot more hopeful since a few years ago, the build mode looks hopeful and so does the UI but at the moment the design they're taking the folk in is putting me off.. The original was ok, really not a fan of the new sketchy look though so I'm hoping it'll change before release.. (first picture is now, second is before)

para.png
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yes
    They're pretty set on that style, so I don't think it's going to change

I like it just fine. What I really care more about is whether the gameplay is going to be good
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Other...
    I don't know enough about it to have an opinion. It's still on my radar, nonetheless.
  • starrylimastarrylima Posts: 16 Member
    Meh
    I think people are placing unrealistic expectations on the game which could end up coming to bite the devs in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I hope they manage to make it but I'm pretty happy with the sims 2, 3 and 4 as life simulation games so I don't have much interest in Paralives right now.
  • DTM_DerrickDTM_Derrick Posts: 26 Member
    Yes
    I have been following the development since it was announced, and while I'm skeptical I am definitely interested in checking it out.
    mp2itdbfrjnh.gif
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Other...
    Justine Keaton, I guess.

I've heard of Paralives, but have never played it and don't know much about it.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports