Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I beg you EA, Sims 5 MUST have this personality system

simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
edited February 29 in Off Topic Chat

LJzwS9B.png

We have:
  • Core, high-level aspirations [romance, family, exploration, knowledge, creativity, etc.) NOT the Sims 4 tutorial aspirations (which are in practice actually lifetime wants, something entirely different)
  • Personality points/sliders
  • Traits
  • Zodiac
He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
Post edited by simmerorigin on

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I would love a points system along with traits, that way I can make my outgoing slob be just that ... outgoing, loves to socialize, party, etct but is not so good at cleaning or hygiene etc. I could give them more points on the Outgoing trait so it's a little more relevant than the Slob trait. I don't like them being completely equal because there's no variety.

With a points/trait system, I could have a different sim with the exact same traits but assign different points, so in this example, I could make my slob be more "slobbish" and that would be the main trait that I'd see when observing that sim, but he'll still be outgoing and want to socialize (not so sure that other sims would want to socialize with him though if he doesn't keep himself clean LOL).

But to me this would make each sim extremely unique.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    You have some great ideas for the next simulation game in the franchise. Are you sharing them with EA?

https://twitter.com/EA?t=NRhv4PbYNGzrV_tANcmKFw&s=09
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    That would be the perfect personality system. I have never seen that second picture in Sims 2 and I play that all the time. Was that removed before the game was released?

I would love a better personality system comprising of Aspirations, Lifetime Wants, and Personality Points from Sims 2; and Traits from Sims 3. Not sure what I want from Sims 4 to be in the next game.
  • heiblumeheiblume Posts: 33 Member
    I love the concept of mixing it up like that, adding a depth currently lacking. I love the thought of the sims being more unique.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    That would be the perfect personality system. I have never seen that second picture in Sims 2 and I play that all the time. Was that removed before the game was released?

I would love a better personality system comprising of Aspirations, Lifetime Wants, and Personality Points from Sims 2; and Traits from Sims 3. Not sure what I want from Sims 4 to be in the next game.

This was all fan-made and photoshopped by the original poster who tweeted it!
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    The Britney Stan tho 😅
  • xToscaxTosca Posts: 9 New Member
    Honestly this would probably be the best thing they could do for personalities- would add a lot of interesting variation to behavior beyond /just/ basic traits. I agree with this.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    I absolutely want Traits and Personality Points for Project Rene. Paralives also showed this in their recent gameplay reveal and it was widely-regarded.
  • TECHSPERT50TECHSPERT50 Posts: 41 Member
    I agree, a more in depth personality system that goes further than the traits that any sim can have the exact same of, would be amazing!! Maybe traits that could evolve and have uniqe sections/actions etc as the sims grow into these traits over time!!