Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I know it can be adjusted but mens feet should be bigger...I don't always remember to give them bigger feet than their female counterparts. Super trivial never fails to annoy me because I always notice it at the gym when I'm not in cas
  • RustyBucket4745RustyBucket4745 Posts: 23 Member
    The lack of extremes. I want ugly clothes and ugly furniture and properly mean interaction options and tragedy and illness and the ability to kill people directly rather than by proxy. It's a game. I want to be able to have some drama. No-one's going to be hurt irl if I can wreak proper havoc and create disaster in the sims.
  • BerrypichuBerrypichu Posts: 25 Member
    One of my biggest irks while playing are my sims just suddenly playing musical chairs with NPC’s when I try to have them eat together at a table. They literally move around every two seconds. While one decides to get up and stand across the room mid conversation. Even with my own household sims they refuse to sit still. -.-
    My gallery: https://tinyurl.com/Berrypichu
    。◕ ‿ ◕。
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I just had a birthday for my twin toddlers, they blew out candles in the kitchen (back part of the house), dad put them down to age up, but they toddled all through the house (ignoring the back door in the kitchen), out the front door, all around the far side of the house, all the way around the pool to come back and stand by the loungers just outside the back door before ageing up. I mean, what was that about? Both of them did it.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I just had a birthday for my twin toddlers, they blew out candles in the kitchen (back part of the house), dad put them down to age up, but they toddled all through the house (ignoring the back door in the kitchen), out the front door, all around the far side of the house, all the way around the pool to come back and stand by the loungers just outside the back door before ageing up. I mean, what was that about? Both of them did it.

Ooof, that's some pathing. I had a similar thing happen, but it was indoors during a birthday party event, my sim toddler just walked around the room twice, before going back to the place they started at to age up. Like why?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Elanorbreton, I have been seeing a lot of that weird routing behavior in my game recently as well. I have a doctor sim in my game that regularly walks all the way to the xray machine before then going to the patient examination room to start examining a new patient....the x-ray machine is halfway across the hospital in a different direction.
    It's very confusing to watch.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited April 2022
    How frustratingly little you can put on shelves without Move Objects. I don't care about overcluttering everything, but when I want to build a small retail store for rare items, and I have to make it so much bigger than I want and put in a million surfaces because even the biggest-looking ones can't handle more than three to five items... UGH!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,801 Member
    Not being able to have a sim complete both branches of a career. One of my sims just completed the investor branch of the business career and got some pretty nice executive furniture and decor items. There are some matching items as rewards in the management branch and I'd like to have them all for a home office. I guess I'll use a cheat or have another sim in the household complete the management branch.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    @simgirl1010 It's a rather annoying and time-consuming workaround, but with Discover University, you should be able to open up the management branch for that same sim as well by getting a communications degree.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,801 Member
    edited April 2022
    @simgirl1010 It's a rather annoying and time-consuming workaround, but with Discover University, you should be able to open up the management branch for that same sim as well by getting a communications degree.

@GrumpyGlowfish I'm definitely going to try that. I was wondering what to do with him next anyway so I'll send him to university. Thanks! :)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,933 Member
    edited April 2022
    Random and entirely subjective and self fixable annoyance :lol:

but I've been setting some premades from ts2 and 4 up lately and I just realized theres sooooo many painter sims in my game now :sweat_smile:

all I see is painters and more painters I'm about to have whole neighborhood of painters alone if i go by the official storylines :lol:

so yeah just a little suggestion to whoever is responsible for premades in future packs: maybe less painters :lol:
    maybe consider some other hobbies as well :lol:

oh well i guess they don't have to worry about bills in this neighborhood
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Sims throwing their cross-stitching to the ground.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 918 Member
    The way they put dishes on shelfs up high that a child sim could not reach normally.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    No sort options in the relationship panel. An A-Z would make a world of difference to QoL
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    When they are walking so slow if they went any slower they would be walking backwards. So I speed them up and they drop every Q.This happens all the time. I don't get it. I watch lets plays and they speed up all the time without that happening.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Its so simple but why cant we have free placement with mirrors and curtains?
    How old is this game? why dont we have this yet!!?

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    No sort options in the relationship panel. An A-Z would make a world of difference to QoL

And while they're at it, maybe add a "Relative" tab?
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited April 2022
    Not being able to have a sim complete both branches of a career. One of my sims just completed the investor branch of the business career and got some pretty nice executive furniture and decor items. There are some matching items as rewards in the management branch and I'd like to have them all for a home office. I guess I'll use a cheat or have another sim in the household complete the management branch.
    Agreed. This can even block you from finishing certain Aspirations. My foodie sim had finished the Master Chef aspiration, then I thought that hey maybe she'll do the Mixology thing next. Too bad I didn't realize her having already finished the culinary career on the chef side prevented her from doing this for the aspiration has a requirement to join the mixology path.
    I find this restriction pretty silly. Shouldn't it be easier to pick a new path that is close to your current work experience? I.e. it'd be way more logical to change focus from Author to Journalist (since they have similar basis) than an author to suddenly become a politician. Yet, TS4 does the exact opposite, so a chef can easily become an astronaut but for some reason can't become a mixologist. Like... bruh.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,393 Member
    agreed on sort options in relationship panel
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    When sims age up with ridiculously mismatched outfits, unfitting hairstyles, and accessories in every outfit category.
    OMG yes!! Why can they not disable accessories altogether and just let us add our own if desired? As usual, it is far too over-the-top. My pet peeve is having to remove glasses from sleepwear outfits.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    When sims age up with ridiculously mismatched outfits, unfitting hairstyles, and accessories in every outfit category.
    OMG yes!! Why can they not disable accessories altogether and just let us add our own if desired? As usual, it is far too over-the-top. My pet peeve is having to remove glasses from sleepwear outfits.

They could "fix" this annoyance by only using clothes from Basegame, and no accessories for randoms. That is, outfits on age-up and randomly spawned townies. Glasses on sleepwear is also one of my many pet peeves with TS4 :)

My absolute fav pet peeve, that others might think is trivial, is the constant push for relationships. Eaxis want every sim to know every other sim, and it annoys me more than it should. Its also been going on for longer than it should. Can they let ME be in charge for once, and not have random sims join a conversation? Ok, maybe that's not a trivial issue....I just don't want sims to be like Facebook, and push people you don't know on you all the time.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,933 Member
    edited April 2022

I hate how sims winter outfit is like *throw every accessory that exists in the game on them*

and im even suspecting some things may get added on your sims later cause ive had sims gain random rings and idk if its like i missed them when i edited or if they were added later by game for some reason

why can't they just not be placed on sims unless by player
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,789 Member

The worst offenders are the hot and cold weather outfits. Those, even on premades, can be as eyeball searing as anything a random townie manages.

• MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited April 2022

The worst offenders are the hot and cold weather outfits. Those, even on premades, can be as eyeball searing as anything a random townie manages.

@DaniRose2143 This. I swear, every other Sim spawns with a nose ring accessorizing their Hot or Cold Weather outfits.

And as for the ones who don't? They spawn with either two or three nose rings...

We discovered another quirk, too. Z found some new CC lip gloss for some of our Sims to wear. The prankster that is CAS chose to have some of the most traditionally masculine-looking Sims in our Gallery wear it with every one of their outfits. The lip gloss hasn't been picked for any of our more feminine Sims.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!