Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited April 2022
    @Karababy52 - So sorry you are having problems with your game file and hope it will be resolved soon. :heart: Hugs
    edited April 2022
    @Shadami - Welcome back!
    Feb 25 - So great that all the challenge sims showed up for the dance party, and, even in the end DJ showed up, So great to see all the challenge sims in your game. Too bad Velma didn't get that pool party she wanted. And, there was a ghost dancing there, too. lol 🙂

Feb 24 - Velma’s mind is certainly in a muddle…geez…she needs to focus! lol And then Dylan comes over and smooches with her! Oh geez. And so cool he is left-handed in her game. Love it. So, she is going to have a little girl. So nice. Can’t wait to meet the nooboo. 🙂

@Karababy52 -
    I figured that Fox would tell Cale that he was an alien. And I think you're right about Cale kind of already knowing about aliens though Ze Therapist. lol Plus, Fox's glow kind of gives him away. I don't think the second part that Fox has to tell Cale, about Cale being a test subject, is going to go so well...if he even ever tells him. I guess we shall see.

@LegacySims2017 -
    Apr 9 - Cool! DJ now has a new girlfriend in Paige. Love that hot, passionate kiss pose at the end! Woot! Oh gee, and now DJ is wondering if Paige is going to get all weird on him like Caitlin did. Paige is a different sim...give her a chance :)

Apr 10 - DJ using a fake account to troll the forums! lol And then seeing Hunter growl with his money management homework. That is priceless. Hey, finances can do that to you. Nice that DJ helps Hunter out and tutors him.

@RememberJoy -
    Apr 17 - What a bummer they have classes on Winterfest. Did the power get cut off in the house because everyone is wearing their winter clothes. lol Lots of fun with the gifts and keg stands. And even Father Winter gets in on the act! Woot! Fun day!

I could just imagine waking up to screeching violin practice! Ugh! And with no coffee! I can certainly understand why Adam wants violin practice an afternoon event only. hehe Love the gnomes that Father Winter gifts everyone. Overall, a great day.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-apr11.jpg
    April 11: Reading and Writing Laws!

D.J. has two classes today: Reading and Writing Laws and Ideas in Mass Media.

Since there is a library at the University, D.J. spends his in-between class time to study about the laws. For the term paper in Reading and Writing Laws, the instructor wants all students to write their own law. It has to be something substantial that would be submitted into office for a vote. The teacher is going to grade on how well the paper is written.

Being at the Laurel Library on the University campus, D.J. remembers spending time at the Library in Windenburg. He would have nice conversations with the librarian, Aicha. He reminds himself to make sure to give her a call or text and let her know he's still very grateful of all she's done for him. He's still getting simoleons from his fantasy books, but he knows they should all be sold out pretty soon. Aicha only made so many copies.

dj-04-084.jpg
    dj-04-085.jpg
    dj-04-086.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    Feb 15
    qd886oO.pngT'was the night before Winterfest, Savannah decorated the outside of her house for tomorrow. She's planning on inviting Kiyoshi over in the morning to have breakfast and open gifts together and hopefully he will spend the day with Savannah. bBUtDks.png After she was done decorating the outside of her home, she did a power sculpting workout to finish off her night. She's really excited for her first Winterfest with Kiyoshi.

**Sorry this update is really strange, i want winterfest to be its own day**

Table of Contents
    April 17th Comments:

@Carebear92
    Aww, poor Kiyoshi. It's okay if you don't know how to make chili. :lol: I bet Savannah's tasted great!
    That was cool that Savannah got to see some forest fairies and they gave her magical energy and positive vibes. Maybe they knew she was thinking of going to Glimmerbrook and wanted to show their support. :smile: I hope Kiyoshi likes the idea and maybe goes with. Those two would make great spellcasters together.

@SoulGal7
    Poor Dylan. :frowning: He's got a long way to go before this curse ends it feels like. He's at what now? 10ish? At least he's got Morgan by his side to try and get him through it, even though she's not happy he's going around kissing all these other female Sims. I do miss the "borrowing" Dylan did before. Glad he still wants to "borrow" things. :joy:
    Yeah, I thought Hunter and Robin looked best in the outfits. Cale has his own style. @Karababy52 was on point with it in her comment to me. He's a style influencer major, so of course he had to be different. He does look like a caveman though, doesn't he? :lol:

@Karababy52
    I had fun finding all the toga outfits. I did have another Cale could have worn that matched the others, but like you already mentioned...he has to have his own style. It fits him, I think. I just think he was too heavy for D.J. to hold. :joy: I think D.J. and myself were embarrassed when he dropped Velma. But he laughed at Cale when it happened. It's as if Cale also saw the future of D.J. and Paige. :wink:
    Getting anxious to see what type of job Cale does get. I'm all set to start my StrangerVille portion. I'll probably move D.J. back to a previous town before the end of the month with a job in his degree field. Do Sims get kicked out of the university hall after graduation? I just know I'll be having D.J. move to StrangerVille in my May 1st posting.
    I hope you can get that hidden mamma and baby into Cale's world. It's almost like the daily image of Fox is as if he feels your struggles. :wink:

@RememberJoy
    I loved all the gift exchanging for Winterfest. And Father Winter stayed to party a little with the adults after Carol went to bed.

@Shadami
    Hi hi! Good to see you around. Playing The Sims is supposed to be fun and not stressful. So, take your time. Play when you want. Have fun when playing.

Velma has so many supportive friends around her. Look at Dylan secretly taking care of her yard while she is away. Such a good man. Looking forward to this pool party Velma is wanting to plan. Sounds like a lot of fun!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    Feb 16
    It's Winterfest!! Savannah woke up got herself ready for this wonderful holiday. While cooking breakfast scramble, she call Kiyoshi and invited him over to join her breakfast, present opening, and other festivities. mekrTVd.png Kiyoshi finally made his way over, they ate their breakfast scramble. Of course during breakfast Mia decide to distract Kiyoshi from spending time with Savannah.
    7IsdB6D.png After they ate their breakfast, they surround around the festive tree to open up their gifts. zTshELT.png Savannah opened up her gift first and she received a somewhat decent camera. ARdsvY0.png Kiyoshi then opened up his gift from Savannah which was a new snowboard since he loves 5mqIFjD.pngsnowboarding. After they finished opening up their gifts, they then sing holiday songs together around the festive tree. lhBrwSE.png Since it wasn't a blizzard outside, they also went outside to take fun photos together. Qt8HLvZ.png Before Kiyoshi left for the day they had a wonderful kiss underneath the mistletoe. 0cq8qh4.png Savannah didn't stay up late enough to see Father Winter due to her work schedule.

Table of Contents
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    April - Day 18: "Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are..."

kqRUni8.png

Notes
    QOLPMiQ.png
    When the two stargazers went back inside, Fox let Cale take a look inside his bedroom. He couldn't see any harm in it now.

"Wow, this is so cool! It looks so...techie or something. What do these tower of lights do?"
    "They mostly are a power supply for my rejuvenation pod. But they are also data banks to store research my family has collected over the centuries while living on your planet."
    "What kind of research?"
    "About your planet's environment, culture, history, language, habits, emotions and a variety of other things to help us learn about your kind."

Qa4Amyk.png
    "So that's where you sleep?"
    "Yes, among other things."
    "I bet having woo hoo in there isn't very good, not much room to move around."
    "On the contrary, it helps to make the experience much more intense and enjoyable."
    (As you already know since you snuck in there with a female.)
    (He doesn't remember though.)
    (Too bad.)

"Oh really? I like the sound of that. Maybe you'd let me borrow it sometime? I mean, if I can ever get any action."
    "Perhaps."
    "I promise I'd clean it up just like new."
    "No need to worry about that, it's self cleaning."
    "Cool!"

VDjx4Ae.png
    "Come on, there's something else I'd like to show you."
    "There's more? Wow Dude, you're just full of secrets aren't you?"
    (More than you might ever know.)

A9SzIma.png
    "What I'd like to show you, no other human as ever seen of me before. The way I look? It's a disguise. This isn't my true form."
    "I wondered about that. I was thinking it's really cool that aliens look just like humans. I should've known that's not true."

P5nDZuk.png
    "Are you green and have antennae, big black eyes or something? I'm guessing that's just our idea of aliens though, or movie makers anyway. Although some people say they've been abducted and describe aliens like that. I think it's just because the unknown is scary so they try to make aliens appear scary. Is that the reason for the disguise? So you don't look so scary and blend in?"

"The human perceptions of our appearance is partially accurate, but has been embellished quite a bit. I believe to make us seem scary, as you say. Some aliens are green and have black eyes, but we have many colors depending on what kind of alien we are, the same as humans. We do not have antennae. At least my kind do not, perhaps others on other planets do."

MGHzNgX.png
    "Our form is similar to humans, we have the same body structure, but our skin is different, our eyes, voice, etc. I promise you, we are not scary, most of us anyway. I'm not. At least I don't think I am...here, let me show you and you can judge for yourself."

Faster than the blink of an eye, Fox removed his disguise to reveal...

IHlp1Hf.png
    ...his true form. Most of it anyway. Fox wasn't quite ready to reveal the alien suit he wore mostly when piloting his ship or while residing on Sixam. The suit was the ultimate garment worn by all aliens to define who they were. It's structure and powers were different depending on their age, rank, region and ancestry. If an alien suit were ever to fall into human hands, it was designed to self destruct so that the humans could not study it to reveal it's secrets.

Fox studied Cale's face, gauging his reaction. It revealed what he had expected. A bit of awe, but mostly curiosity. There was no fear or disgust that he could see which delighted him.

y3QkEW9.png
    "Wow...just...Wow! You look amazing Fox. Nothing like what I imagined. You did that so fast, changed I mean. I thought maybe you would have to physically take off the disguise or something. But, it was more like a...magic trick, you just morphed out of it and there you are....Wow. I don't know what to say. I will say this though, you do look mostly human, except for the colors and your freaky cool eyes!"

vOVwrS3.png
    "Love the pointy ears too, and, your hair. Wow Dude, I bet the girls would go crazy for you looking like that, very exotic and dare I say it...sexy. Not that your disguise isn't hot, it is...and I can't believe I'm saying all this. Ehehe. I think I'm just a little nervous."
    "It's alright, I understand."

GgTUZMR.png
    "Whoa! Your voice! You sound like a chipmunk, no offense, or like you just took a big hit off a helium balloon!"

NkKgeaK.png
    "Why do you think my disguise has such a deep pitched voice? We have learned humans prefer a deeper pitch for males and a higher pitch for females. It is somewhat the same with aliens, but all aliens have a much higher pitched voice than is considered normal for humans. This is probably the reason I prefer higher pitched voices on the human females I'm attracted to on your planet."

YaN3GCQ.png
    "Well hey Dude, that's something some guys here and aliens have in common, lots of guys love it when girls have a high pitched voice. It's considered cute and very sexy."
    "Baby talk I believe it's called, it turns me on, yes!"
    "Ehehe You got it Dude. I love a lower sexy voiced girl though too, probably more. It just sounds so seductive."
    "Ah yes, very nice as well, but give me a female that sounds like a chipmunk, as you said, and I'm a goner."
    "HAHA! You crack me up Fox."

El4DJND.png
    "Is there anything else you'd like to share or show me about aliens?"
    "There are many other things about aliens I will share, but let's take this slowly. I don't want to overwhelm you. I think showing you my true form is enough for now."
    "Okay, that's cool."

9PMWyNT.png
    "I just realized we did not pull down the shades. I am usually not so careless. I should change back to my disguise now so no one else sees me. Not everyone would be as accepting as you have been."
    "Oh, yeah, good idea."

N3tRDoJ.png
    "Oh, ow, ow, ow. it's been so long since I took off my disguise, I forgot it always gives me such a headache when I put it on. It doesn't last long though."

TE634oJ.png
    "Thank you for not freaking out Cale, somehow I knew you wouldn't."
    "Why would I? It's just who you are and you don't look that different. Well you do, but hey, I love you, not what you look like. My Mom always said, 'it's what inside that counts.' She's right."
    "I...I love you too Buddy. You're the absolute best human I've ever known."
    (I said it, there.)
    (It's true. I love you Cale.)
    (I'm so sorry for what we've done to you.)
    (I hope you don't hate me if you ever find out.)
    (Tell him, tell him now!)
    (I can't. I will though. Soon...maybe.)

6cZBrd4.png
    "Hey, you want to go do something together? Maybe check out this gym some classmates told me about? I guess there's lots of hot girls there, makes sense if they like to work out, right? But I wouldn't mind working off some of all that roast chicken we've been eating lately too. Maybe check out a club or something too and see if there's any available chipmunks. hehe"
    "Sounds good to me!"

KcsAo4D.png
    There wasn't many patrons at the gym of any gender when Cale and Fox arrived, not any either one was interested in pursuing (or had already in Cale's case) at least. So they settled on just taking some time to work out together.

T1JfW4b.png
    They headed downstairs to try out the climbing walls and Cale was amazed at how good he was at it. Maybe he'd done some climbing in the time he'd lost? He didn't know, but it seemed like it. Fox did okay for a first timer as well.

HiZQCr0.png
    I took a peek in the yoga studio to see who was acting as the instructor. I got a laugh out of seeing it was a robot! His/her name is Info Steel. I should've stuck around to see how they managed to do a yoga routine, I bet it looks comical. hehe However, the guys were hungry so they went to a nearby park to grab a bite to eat from a food stall.

JfbWxN1.png
    There was an ice skating rink right next to the stall, so they decided to try it out. Cale hadn't ever tried it before and I know Fox never has. I thought the skating skill was based on fitness, but I guess not since they both didn't do very well. Especially Fox, he fell a lot more than Cale did. Maybe it was because Fox's energy was getting quite low by this time.

I sent them both home to take a nap. The two agreed to save going to a club until later that evening.

Qbya2iQ.png
    Of course Fox had many thoughts swirling around in his mind. Chief among them how well it had gone revealing his true form to Cale.

DG0ix69.png
    He decided to set his rejuvenation/sleeping pod for focused subluminal dreams. Perhaps it would help him find a solution to his dilemma over how to take back his life from Eros. He wanted to stop what had been done not only to Cale, but to the tens of thousands of others he'd been forced to monitor to help further the development of the Mind Control Project.

4YgFKDj.png
    (This needs to end. It's not right and it needs to stop. Somehow, someway...)
    (You're one against many.)
    (I refuse to believe that. Eros does not know everything.)
    (He doesn't need to know everything, only what he knows about you.)
    (It will be alright.)
    (Are you sure?)
    (Zzzzz...)

GQ5gnaL.png
    Good luck Fox...

I'll get started on Comments/replies next. My April 17th update will stay as is. I tried to find a solution for a bit longer, but have decided to not worry about it for now. The mermaid babies I'll be able to age up no problem, but the hidden Sim's baby I won't be able to without MCCC and I'm not ready to get that yet. Anyway, I hope y'all had a great day/night! <3
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-apr12.jpg
    April 12: Understanding Statistical Data!

D.J. has two classes today: Tracking Trust Online and Understanding Statistical Data.

D.J was going to kill two birds with one stone for this college term. He is able to use his assignments for Tracking Trust Online and Understanding Statistical Data together. He can only hope that in the end, both grades will coincide with each other with a couple of A grades. He doesn't mind if they end up being A+ grades as well.

dj-04-087.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @Shadami
    Thanks for your comments on my past updates! Very much appreciated! The snowman photobomb with Morrigan, Morgyn and Jessah's daughter, is one of my favorite screenshots this year. hehe

Yes, Cale is in love with Sandy, she is his one and only. :) Love the potions! I miss Cale having access to all of them. Maybe in a future month he'll become a Spellcaster again.

@LegacySims2017
    Great idea about DJ's research by creating a fake website and trolling teh forums. hehe Love that you're making it look like he's actually tutoring students too. :)

Looks like he's still getting quite decent royalties from his books. Cale is still getting royalties from a couple songs he published too. Most of his income at the moment though is from his roses and interest payments. He's technically loaded, over 100K, but I'm pretending he won't have access to any of that until he finds his way back to his home, Sandy and Joe L.

You're right Cale's toga outfit did suit him! Oh yes, I believe he did see what the future held for DJ and Paige. Most likely the reason he backed off from flirting anymore with her. :)

Cale will be going into the Gardener Career and take the Botanist branch, at first. However, I'll 'say' he's a Plant Biologist. He might take something else halfway through StrangerVille. I've had thoughts of him joining the Science career or the military in Covert Ops. That's the reason I struggled with having him take Biology or Psychology. Sooo, just to fulfill the aspiration for this month, he MAY start with Gardener and switch out to one of those careers. I haven't really decided yet. :)

Yes, after they attend the Graduation ceremony rabbit hole, they have a few hours to 'pack up' their belongings in the dorm before they have to move out. There's a timer for it. However, if you do that, DJ will be kicked out to an empty lot or empty house of your choice. They can't move in with somebody using that feature. If you don't choose something when that screen time's out, it'll dump him in the bin.

If you know where you want him to live, I would move him out yourself after graduation and not do the 'packing up' event thing. Cale had a little time after graduation before the packing up even started, but just to be safe, I'd have him pack up whatever he doesn't want to leave behind before he goes to the graduation rabbit hole event and then right after it's finished, move him out of the dorm. Just a thought...

Thanks, I hope I can eventually get access to this Sim's baby too. I've just put it aside for now and will worry about it after he has all 100 babies. :)

Crossing my fingers for two A+ grades for DJ! 🤞

@SoulGal7
    Absolutely gorgeous daily post pic! The Magic Realm is so beautiful! <3

Ooo, good job making it look like the portal disappeared! Aww, I knew Morgan would not leave him, no matter what. If any there was a time for these two to kiss, it would've been then. Dangit! hehe I'm sure they have at least one kiss destined in the future though. ;)

Love how you worked in Dylan going to University! Great idea finding a way to talk to the Forest Sprites. I'm guessing Dylan will be joining the Secret Society! Very cool! That's one thing none of my students have checked out yet so it'll be exciting seeing Dylan join. Perhaps Morgan and even Wolfgang will join as well. :)

Thanks about my baby problem. :) It's okay, I'm just going to leave the little shaver a baby for now. Perhaps I'll find a Mod to help unhide the hidden Mom, but if I don't there is always MCCC. I really don't want that Mod, but I will get it if that's the only solution.

Yes, it was time that Fox told Cale the truth about what he is. He goes even further with that in my last update, which you might already know by now. No, it's not going to go very well at all I think once Cale discovers the rest of Fox's secrets, if he ever does. o.O We'll see...
    edited April 2022
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-apr13.jpg
    April 13: Ideas in Mass Media!

D.J. has two classes today: Reading and Writing Laws and Ideas in Mass Media.

D.J. spends time during the week to watch the news as well as browse through the social media networks online. He creates a presentation board for his Ideas in Mass Media class of how communication relates to what is being presented in the news and online. As there is a dorm power outage, D.J. decides to work on his presentation on the balcony where he can see what he is doing.

dj-04-088.jpg
    dj-04-089.jpg
    dj-04-090.jpg
    dj-04-091.jpg
    dj-04-092.jpg
    dj-04-093.jpg
    dj-04-094.jpg
    dj-04-095.jpg

Side Note:
    It had to be Power Conservation Day, so the dorm was pretty dark. I thought it was fun having D.J. work on his project outside to be honest. Also, when I saved, closed, and reopened the save, the presentation board changed. I prefer the one in the daily image. It matches his term and classes. The ones in the spoiler look like his first presentation. I got worried they all looked the same, but looks like they don't.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-apr14.jpg
    April 14: Last Day of Term Two!

Special Appearances By: Velma Pagan ( @Shadami ), Robin Keyes & Estelle Uha ( @permanentrose ), Selena Lilly ( @lilypadmeulin ), Aaron Winterson & Hunter Mulligan ( @afai1261 ), Cale Conrad ( @Karababy52 )
    Dash Joseph Faireborn
    dj-04-096.jpg

Velma Pagan
    dj-04-097.jpg

Cale Conrad
    dj-04-098.jpg

Hunter Mulligan
    dj-04-099.jpg

Estelle Uha
    dj-04-100.jpg

Robin Keyes
    dj-04-101.jpg

Selena Lilly
    dj-04-102.jpg

Aaron Winterson
    dj-04-103.jpg

Side Note:
    For the daily image, I cheated all the female Challenge Sims' Debate and Research Skill to the appropriate level to convince others to go streaking. Then I had them do that on the boys. :joy:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    April 18th Comments:

@Shadami
    Oh, finally finished up reading Windenburg for D.J. Can't wait for you to see how he was in Glimmerbrook. I think you'll be amused.
    Was fun seeing all them Challenge Sims at the pool dance party. Glad D.J. was able to make it at the end. Look at him trying some fancy dance moves! :joy:

@RememberJoy
    I'm sure Carol will get better with the violin as she gets older. Father Winter likes gnomes. Their like his own little elves. He wants to share his happiness of them. :lol:

@SoulGal7
    Excited already to see Dylan's friends head to the University with him. It is possible to put 8 in a dorm as you've seen from my story. You just need to make sure they do their homework and other assignments to get decent grades. That takes a bit of time. Or maybe University Housing works different and better. In any event, so looking forward to Dylan's next adventure in Psychology. :grin:
    I needed an excuse to show D.J. has been tutoring. He was standing behind Hunter in one of the bedrooms when Hunter did the vampire growl and hand motion thingie. Cracked me up and had to add it somehow.

@Carebear92
    Nothing wrong with Savannah getting in shape for an exciting upcoming Winterfest event...with Kiyoshi!
    Aww, Savannah and Kiyoshi make a cute couple. What a nice gift she got him.

@Karababy52
    Oh, I like Fox's alien form. "Chipmunk voice" :joy: I was picturing that reading the rest of the daily image chapter. Too bad Cale will never remember his "love machine" moment or possibly any future ones for now. Curious now what Fox is going to do about Cale now that he doesn't like what Cale's being put through.
    After some pondering, I think I know where I will have D.J. move to after he graduates. I'll take your advice and move him out before the timer is up. There's a glitch in my game with Robin and Estelle (cause I think they're mermaids) that once I start a new term, save, and then close the game and then start the save, it acts as if the two are no longer taking classes. They lose the class roster but are still registered as students. But the packing up timer shows up as well. I just re-enroll them and use MCCC to get them back into the correct term. It's weird, but is doable. It only happens when they first re-enroll. I can save, close, reopen again later and all is fine.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Are the insects on the ground a debug item? Or a mod? Can you catch them like if you go camping? They add such a fun touch to the screenshots I love it! It makes it feel more nature-y cool yard.

Yes, it's from a mod that make bugs appear on lots outside of Granite Falls, and yes you can catch them. Here it is if you're interested. It's really well made and makes the herbalism skill much easier.

Oh that's super awesome! I'm going to have to check it out, because I probably will add it. I think bugs should be in more places, because. they... are? xD (Though IRL I wish they would stay in one place just cause creepy crawlies freak me out)

Page 46 Comments:
    @RememberJoy
    March 10th
    Poor Adam. :O Hopefully he can uncharage soon.
    march 11th
    that smug cat xD ahahaha
    March 12th
    Did Gemma really just show up out of the blue and give Adam a diamond ?!? :open_mouth:
    OH MY GOD. Kaori's grandparents!!! Oh gosh. the grandfather was such a meanie traditionalist but nooooooooooooooooo. I'm actually crying. (doesn't help that my boyfriend's grandmother died today) What a sudden twist. Things were looking so hopeful with the potion. oh my gosh!

@Karababy52
    March 10th
    Congratulations on beating Morgyn!!
    March 11th
    gorgeous screenshot!

@LegacySims2017
    March 1st
    Oh wild. He got super cursed!! All of his stuff!! :O oh no. poor Dj!! I don't know who charmed ones are xD
    seems like a fun start to the month though!

@afai1261
    March 11th
    Woo! Aaron beat Morgyn! But awwww I really hope he and Hunter are able to make up. They're so cute together.
    March 12th
    I appreciate non story updates during this spam of me trying to catch up xD and I love looking at all the screenshots just as much as reading the stories.

@permanentrose
    March 11th
    Paperbag? Did I miss something?!? xD oh my gosh I forgot about the green. that's a fun way to try to get her help. and she has such a huge crush awwww poor Robin. and hello little Kate
    March 12th That's a gorgeous photo of Robin reading. I love it!

Feb 26th - Foreshadowing
    u2s7qNA.png
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    April 19: Questions and answers

qnJHF3C.png
    This morning was fairly typical and I'm going to skip over it's mundane happenings and jump to the evening after we'd finished our classes.
    It was Friday night and we were chilling, eating dinner, and watching TV when I heard a knock at the door. When I went to answer it I was greeted by Rohan who asked to speak with Sofia and myself. I called down Sofia who quickly went to give Rohan a hug. A little sheepishly I took the opportunity to apologize to Rohan in person, explaining we were just trying to figure out if we could trust them, and I was sorry if I had created any hard feelings in their relationship.
    6uFSJCU.png
    Rohan admitted that he had felt hurt at the time but that he loved Sofia and was willing to understand our reasoning's and hear out our side of the story before he made a judgment.
    "Speaking of which," he said, "I'm here to bring you both to meet with my grandfather. He has requested your presence at tonight's meeting."
    After telling the others that we'd be back late, we followed Rohan back to their house. After summoning his robes he asked us to follow him. Just as Sofia had witnessed earlier, he led us to a bookshelf and with a quick spell, opened it onto a darkened flight of stairs. We descended into a darkened basement without windows.
    mU6aywh.png
    Like their other meeting place in the library, there was a seance table set up in the middle of several meditation stools and a picture of Guidry hung on the wall.
    Ekram approached us and asked if we'd join him at the table. We all sat down and Ekram studied us for a minute, a bemused look on his face.
    "You two intrigue me," he began, turning towards me. "For example, where did you learn your spellcasting? You obviously have been well trained and even used some spells I'm not familiar with." He turned towards Sofia," I'm also curious how you two know each other and why you are not also a spellcaster. Back during my training it was highly irregular for non-spellcasters to know of our kind unless they too were on their way to becoming one." He leaned forward and folded his hands on the table, "There is also the question of your roommates. I've done some investigating of my own and it seems that excluding your child, two of them are of our kind while one other is not. I assume he also knows your secret." I nodded and Ekram gestured for me to continue.
    p3Clcle.png
    I sighed, "It's a long story sir and I'm not sure where I should start." I looked over at Sofia and she smiled encouragingly. "I guess I can start with our relationship," I said. "Sofia and I knew each other before I became a spellcaster. When it came time to go to university my partner and I needed roommates as the dorms were unavailable because of our daughter. We each contacted friends we had as teens and asked them if they'd like to rent a place together."
    xqpVMFs.png
    I gave him a brief overview of our time together in Windenburg together and how I'd met a spellcaster who'd taken an interest in me, about how she'd invited me into her world to learn the secrets of magic, and how I'd brought my girlfriend and daughter over to join me. I left out the suspicious death of Kaori's grandparents and I didn't mention Morgyn at all. When I'd finished Ekram turned to Sofia and asked her a few questions pertaining to our time together in Windenburg and than smiled, seemingly satisfied.
    H3CMF3j.png
    "It checks out," he said. "Now let's get into why you felt the need to pose as your friend to infiltrate our little organization." I bit my lip, unsure how to answer. I still wasn't sure how far I could trust him, but my gut told me lying to this man wouldn't end well. Half-truths it was.
    "When Sofia came back after seeing people in your house in robes and masks, she told me about it in confidence and asked for my advice. I suggested placing a truth spell on her during her next date with Rohan so that she could ask him about it and find what was really going on. When Rohan wanted to meet at the library it scared her, as she felt she was more vulnerable in such a location. I volunteered to go in her place and ended up in the midst of your gathering. We never meant any harm, we only wanted to find out the truth."
    oQmwrDF.png
    Rohan reached over to Sofia and took her hand, "Sofia, I'm so sorry I scared you. I guess in hind sight I should have given you more information about what I was getting you into before inviting you into a creepy library after dark. I was just so excited to share this part of myself with you that it didn't even occur to me what it looked like from your side. Can you forgive me?"
    Sofia smiled and squeezed his hand, "Of course I can. Can you forgive me?" Rohan nodded but Ekram spoke up before he could say anything, "This is all very sweet, but let us keep this professional for now Rohan."
    He turned towards me, "I feel there is more to your story, but I will allow you some secrets. You've impressed me Adam, and that's not easy to do. Both with your magic and in your relationship with our founder."
    FHBawSo.png
    He rose from his chair and beckoned for us to do likewise. As soon as we were on our feet his people came forward and pulled away the table and chairs from the inner circle.
    Ekram stepped forward, "I want to offer you and your friend a place in our organization. We have discussed this amongst ourselves and have agreed you would both be a good fit. What do you say?"
    Sofia spoke up first, "I'm honored, but I thought your group was only for spellcasters."
    Ekram nodded, "It is. As such it would be required that you undergo a transformation to become one of us. Is this something you would agree to?"
    Sofia broke into a huge grin, "Yes! A thousand times yes!" Ekram closed his eyes, "Then by the magic of the old world and new, I bestow upon you our ancient blessing."
    Ekram began chanting under his breath while his followers circled around us. With a sudden motion he grabbed Sofia with his magic, lifting her into the air and surrounding her in a white light.
    FbRzHKE.png
    I was still a little taken aback by Ekram's offer while also being amazed at how similar Sofia's ceremony was to mine.
    With a flash Sofia settled back to the ground, grinning from ear to ear. "This feels so weird!" she said flexing her fingers. "So tingly."
    Ekram nodded, "It will take you some time to adjust. Now I must ask, will you pledge yourself and your magic to our cause?"
    Sofia looked a little confused and asked the question I was dying to ask, "What is you cause?"
    L38gaCp.png
    Ekram chuckled, "Good, you're finally asking the right questions." He gestured to his followers, "We are called the Keepers of the Light because together we protect this hollowed land from being overtaken by a dark power. Britechester is an ancient town as you can tell from it's many ruins, but it also holds a secret." He paused and looked at me, "Do you know anything about vampires?"
    DcqouQh.png
    I nodded and he continued, "They are like us in that they draw their powers from another dimension, the difference being that they are tapped into a darker one, which while giving them power, also demands a sacrifice. Now they are forever cursed to feed on others in order to retain their powers."
    Ekram paused, "Now Britechester sits on a weak point in dimensions. Anything or anyone that draws on such dimensions would become even more powerful if they claimed this land.
    Knowing this, a group of spellcasters led by Guidry worked in secret to place a seal over the weak point a long time ago. Together they were able to hide all traces of what they had done, even from the rest of the spellcasting world. It is our duty to protect this seal and see that it remains intact. In joining with us we ask that you help us to protect and maintain this seal. So I ask again, will you join us?"
    X2TVl8e.png
    Sofia nodded solemnly but I was unsure.
    "You can trust me to forever keep your secret," I said, "but I do not plan to stay here after graduation, so if I do join it will only be until then."
    Ekram nodded, "So be it. We can work out the details later. For now I welcome both of you into the Keeper's of the Light!"
    He snapped his fingers and we were both suddenly wearing robes and masks.
    ZycEHE1.png
    Everyone gathered around, welcoming us in. Sofia was talking with Rohan and seemed to be having a great time, but as for myself, I wasn't sure what I'd just gotten myself into.
    gKyQztj.png
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Shadami - Welcome back!
    Feb 25 - So great that all the challenge sims showed up for the dance party, and, even in the end DJ showed up, So great to see all the challenge sims in your game. Too bad Velma didn't get that pool party she wanted. And, there was a ghost dancing there, too. lol 🙂

Feb 24 - Velma’s mind is certainly in a muddle…geez…she needs to focus! lol And then Dylan comes over and smooches with her! Oh geez. And so cool he is left-handed in her game. Love it. So, she is going to have a little girl. So nice. Can’t wait to meet the nooboo. 🙂
    Thank you! I've been trying to get back for a while and it just wasn't happening xD It's so nice to be able to get back to reading and playing and writing though. I've certainly missed it. I may have to ask the thread for name suggestions
    @Shadami
    Hi hi! Good to see you around. Playing The Sims is supposed to be fun and not stressful. So, take your time. Play when you want. Have fun when playing.

Velma has so many supportive friends around her. Look at Dylan secretly taking care of her yard while she is away. Such a good man. Looking forward to this pool party Velma is wanting to plan. Sounds like a lot of fun!
    I'm happy to be back :D It's taken a while but I finally feel at the point where I can start catching up a bit ^^
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @Shadami
    Thanks for your comments on my past updates! Very much appreciated! The snowman photobomb with Morrigan, Morgyn and Jessah's daughter, is one of my favorite screenshots this year. hehe

Yes, Cale is in love with Sandy, she is his one and only. :) Love the potions! I miss Cale having access to all of them. Maybe in a future month he'll become a Spellcaster again.
    I've been trying to catch up and I didn't want to leave out the old updates and just speed through. JUST to catch up. besides. where I'm reading at effects my current story to xD Seeing all the fun stuff in Glimmerbrook has me super excited to get there and try it out. We have to get rid of the spellcasting at the end of the month? xD awwwww
    April 18th Comments:

@Shadami
    Oh, finally finished up reading Windenburg for D.J. Can't wait for you to see how he was in Glimmerbrook. I think you'll be amused.
    Was fun seeing all them Challenge Sims at the pool dance party. Glad D.J. was able to make it at the end. Look at him trying some fancy dance moves! :joy:
    Yup! I'm super behind, but excited to continue working on catching up. DJ is always fun to see what he decides to do. He always seems to be running his own world.

46/63 phew. 17 pages to go xD
    edited April 2022
    April - Day 19: "Sometimes I feel my whole life has been one big rejection..."

PjE8Apz.png

Notes
    mKZi69w.png
    After their nap, Cale and Fox went to The Screaming Llama together. It was a little early though and there wasn't many people there yet, mostly just bar regulars (and Sims Cale had already romanced). They decided to take a walk around the neighborhood and happened upon a small stream with a waterfall and a water wheel slowly turning at the top of it. Cale noticed a couple fishing poles someone had left behind and asked Fox if he'd like to go fishing to pass the time.

Fox had never been fishing before, but with a quick lesson from Cale, he was able to sufficiently cast his line.

"Did you like to go fishing a lot when you were growing up?"
    "Yeah, sometimes my Mom and I would go. But I mostly went by myself. It gave me time to just relax and...think about stuff without any distractions."

LqjtqKW.png
    "I got one! My first fish!"
    "Great job Buddy!"

JreoBBE.png
    "What should I do with it?"
    "You could keep it and we'll clean it and have it for dinner tomorrow night. Or, you could throw it back. It's kind of small."
    "I'll throw it back, give it a chance to grow bigger."

fkSKyjW.png
    "Ohhh Yeahhh! Now that's more like it! Wow, didn't think Tuna were native to this area. This baby will keep us fed for awhile."
    "I'm sure it will. The one I got, a tetra, right?"
    "Yeah."
    "Two bites and it would be gone. Maybe I'll catch something bigger too."

JdxQIcJ.png
    "I could give you some tips if you like?"
    "Sure, that would be great, I need all the help I can get!"

1dk6QYt.png
    "Okay, if you want to catch any fish bigger than this, you need to cast farther out."

hiOjLvi.png
    "Reel up your line, hold your thumb on the release, rear back and fling it letting go of the release."

6giIllU.png
    "Eh, didn't work, at least not this time."
    "A guppy? Throw that thing back, you can do better."
    "Hmm, I kind of like it. It's colored like me, it's pretty."

uSWSrMq.png
    "I'm keeping it."
    "Okay, up to you. This time do what I said before again, like this!"

GkPv8FE.png
    "Like this?"
    "No, no, no! You only reeled in half your line. Reel it ALL in. Are you even listening Fox?"
    "Yes, I am. I think you're taking this a little too serious Dude." Fox said rolling his eyes.

ZCEnIeg.png
    "Hey! I got another one, it feels bigger than the last one."
    "There you go, see? I knew you could do it!"

aISIxV6.png
    "Huh, another Tetra, or maybe it's the same one and I just caught it again."
    "It could be, yeah, but at least it's not a guppy."
    "I'm throwing it back again. There you go little guy, go grow up some more and I'll come back and get you another time."
    "Should we head back to the bar now?"
    "Yeah, I'm hungry, are you hungry?"
    "I could eat."
    "Alright, let's go."

xRcIZAd.png
    When they arrived back at the bar, more people were there, but none Cale was interested in yet. He ordered a meat and cheese platter for the two of them to share from the very pregnant bartender. *Note - The bartender was Saya Akado, one of my NPC vampires Cale had romanced. She actually went into labor while they were there and Cale got a moodlet to have a pre-parental attack. hehe He never did though for some reason. I found out later she had twins!

Then this beautiful redhead walked into the bar. Her name is Gina Gallagher and she's another one of my own Sims. She's gorgeous and I'd been hoping Cale would meet her somewhere. Tonight is the night! Yes!

dWquah3.png
    The two of them hit it off pretty quickly and headed downstairs to 'inspect' the closet that just happened to *cough* conveniently be down there.

sxRBLt3.png
    She is so cute! She's in a fishing club so I see her in parks all the time and she's also in the Scientist career. Give me a redheaded baby you two, or a couple would be even better!

xKQG491.png
    Back upstairs, Gina left and I noticed it was Bear night. *shivers* I still can't stand those things, they're so creepy! o.O

cvqGSrN.png
    Cale sat down with a couple people, one of them a pretty black-haired girl that Fox seemed to know.
    "This is my friend Felicity, Felicity, this is Cale."
    "Hello Cale."
    (Ah, I see, she's a chipmunk.)

sqq6EQX.png
    "Hi. Have you two known each other very long."
    "Oh, no we actually just met. I thought perhaps the two of you might like to get acquainted."
    (Really Fox? She seems more into you than me.)

79BUNSu.png
    Cale's suspicions were confirmed when she told a joke that really wasn't all that funny, but Fox laughed like it was the funniest thing he'd ever heard and started to glow a shade of pink.
    (Pink, hmm, I bet that means he's flirty.)

c1R5kuY.png
    Fox excused himself to use the bathroom and the alien influence kicked in on Cale. Without realizing he was doing it, he tried to romance Felicity. However, everything he used on her, bombed. She rejected the rose, wouldn't let him kiss her hands, Beguile even failed, she never got flirty. This is the first time any girl has totally rejected Cale's arsenal from the aliens.

"Look Cale, you're cute, but you're just not my type. I really like your friend. Speaking of that, I can't believe you'd do that to him, hit on me after he left the room. Oh, and besides that, I saw you take that other girl downstairs, I know what you were doing, everyone could hear you. Maybe other girls would fall for your cheesy lines, but I know a player when I see one. Go hit on someone else, I'm not interested."
    "What? What girl? I wasn't with any girl, what are you talking about?"
    "Oh come on, you're unbelievable." Felicity said, rolling her eyes in disgust.

After saying all that, Felicity turned around and went back to the table where they had been sitting before. Cale was stunned. Why would she say that about him being with some other girl? He'd been with no one tonight. In fact he hadn't gotten any action since...well, he couldn't even remember when. Probably some girl in the fight club back home. Fox had returned by this time and went to sit with Felicity. Cale walked over and told Fox he was leaving, that he was tired. Fox decided to stay a bit longer, probably to do a little romancing of his own.

Cale went home, leaving Fox behind and that's where I ended my session for the night.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    April 12 - Mind Games

MIND-GAMES-COVER-REV.png
    Dylan and Morgan headed upstairs and Dylan pulled out his laptop from his backpack. Together, they looked at the programs and it looked like Psychology was being offered at both universities, with Foxbury Institute offering a Distinguished degree.

Dylan: "Morgan, have you decided what program you want to take?"

applying-for-uni.png

Morgan: "I am actually hoping to go to Britechester. They have a Debating Team, and I think I'd be good at that. You know, sticking to a cause. Maybe even go into something like that later, I'm not sure. Program wise...maybe History. It's something I've always been interested in, studying the past, learning about sims, their culture, and past civilizations, It's just so fascinating."

Dylan smiled: "Yeah, I can see you on the Debating Team. I pity your opponent. They won't stand a chance."

Morgan: "What do you mean by that?"

Dylan: "I meant that in a good way. Naturally, you would win because you would defend your point of view and totally annihilate your opponent."

yooud-annihilate-your-opponent.png

Morgan: "Why do you say that?"

Dylan laughed, "Because you're so stubborn, that's why...you wouldn't back down on your viewpoint."

Morgan: "I am not stubborn, I'm just...determined!" she said laughing, "...sort of like I'm determined in protecting you from yourself...er from the curse..."

im-not-stubborn.png

Dylan: "So if you get into Britechester, and I get into Foxbury, we'll be at different universities. I am not sure how you are going to protect me then..."

wolfgang-has-a-lead.png

Morgan: "Well actually, Wolfgang has a lead on a rental house in the town of Britechester. The town is between the two campuses, so travelling to and from either campus would be easy. So, yeah, it's supposed to be these two townhouses that were turned into this huge 8-bedroom house. I guess it was some former Frat House. It's a bit run down, but it can't be that bad. Right? Plus, we're on a budget, so it kind of works out."

Dylan: "So, um...do you have all your roomies yet?"

Morgan smiled, "Actually, it's most of the Chainbreakers dance crew. Well, everyone except Aaron and Hunter, who have decided to live in residence together. There is one room left...know anyone who might need a room?" she said teasingly.

i-might-know-someone.png

Dylan smiled, "I might know someone. Of course, they could be persuaded to live there over some mac 'n cheese...."

Morgan smiled: "Well, that could be arranged. I think there is still a lot left from this morning. Too bad we couldn't bring that pot with us to uni."

They headed downstairs and ate some dinner together.

having-mac-and-cheese-together.png

Dylan: "So, when do you have to get back to Windenburg?"

Morgan: "Well, I kind of told my parents that I went away on a Scout Training Camp. So, yeah, that would have been today."

Dylan: "Morgan...you didn't tell me that. Won't your parents be worried?"

Morgan: "Well, I texted them that the bus broke down, and we had to stay another night. I...I really thought you would be coming back, and we would be leaving together tomorrow..."

Dylan looked at Morgan: "I'm sorry Morgan, I can't. But at least you'll know I'll be here. I just wish...well, I wish you could be here for my birthday..."

Morgan: "Oh Dylan! When is it?"

the-day-after-graduation.png

Dylan told Morgan, and it was the day after graduation.

Morgan: "Well, when we see each other in Britechester, we'll all celebrate it then. Okay?"

Dylan smiled, "Yeah, that sounds good."

mind-games-cover.png

Morgan: "So...my question now is...are you going to look the same when you get to uni or are you changing your look again?"

Dylan grinned: "Well, you know I like to keep things fresh...different. So, if a good-looking stranger shows up at your door, carrying a plastic sword, it might be me..."

And they both laughed.

see-a-tall-dark-stranger.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next day, Dylan and Morgan headed to the train station together. It was a tough good-bye, but they promised they would text each other everyday.

bye-morgan.png

Morgan: "Behave yourself while I'm gone..."

Dylan looked forlorn, "I'll try," he said.

leaving.png

He waved good-bye as the train pulled away, and before he left, headed into the store he had gone in when they first arrived and purchased a few items. He then headed back to the house. Ethren was waiting for him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ethren: "So, Morgan has departed. I will quite miss having her around. She is very special, you know..."

she-is-very-special.png

Dylan nodded, "Yeah, she is."

Ethren: "It's a shame you couldn't return with her to Windenburg..."

yes-she-is-special.png

Dylan: "Yeah...I liked Windenburg...I made a lot of friends there..."

Ethren: "So, would you care to share with me the reason you cannot go back?"

Dylan: "It's just too complicated...and you just..."

you-dont-understand-ethren.png

Ethren: "...I just wouldn't understand...right?" he said finishing Dylan's sentence.

i-know-you-dont-think-i-understand.png

Dylan looked at him and was silent.

Ethren: "Not a problem, Dylan. Let us not discuss that any further. Now, we shall start your mind exercises. I have prepared a list, and you shall do these every day," he said as he handed Dylan a piece of paper," and today you shall do everything barefoot."

yes-we-will-start-now.png

Dylan: "Barefoot? I don't understand..."

Ethren: "Well, your brain is used to a routine, and the more something is 'routine', the less our brains have to work to do it. So, we are going to force the brain to wake up and challenge it. And this is the start of trying to control your brain and breaking that curse."

Dylan just sat there staring at him.

Ethren: "Well, what are you waiting for? Get those shoes off, you have work to do...!"

wjat-are-yiu-waiting-for.png

Dylan took off his shoes, and started doing the exercises.

First, Dylan went for a jog...

jogging-barefoot.png

Next...he had to read one of the books that Ethren had brought for him...

reading-a-book-dylan.png

Then, it was yoga and meditation...

off-balance-dylan.png

Followed by a game of chess...

playing-chess.png

Dinner was breakfast...

breakfast-for-dinner.png

And, after dinner, Ethren got out a knitting basket and told Dylan he had to keep knitting until he had something of excellent quality. Well, that took all night.

knitting-dylan.png

taht-took-all-night.png

excellent-socks.png

And by the time Dylan finished a pair of excellent socks, Dylan was so exhausted that he just fell on the bed with his clothes on.

wake-up-sleepy-head.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Just after 2am, Ethren came and woke him up.

Ethren smiled cheerfully: "Good morning! Time for another day of mind exercises..."

wake-up-now-dylan.png

Dylan peered at him through half-closed eyes, "Don't you ever sleep? What time is it?"

Ethren: "Oh, a little after 2am. Time to bake a wonderful cake. I was thinking chocolate...I have had quite a hankering for chocolate cake..."

Dylan: "You want me to bake a cake at 2am?"

mind-games-i-am-going-crazy.png

Ethren: "Why yes...that is our breakfast today. Oh, and today you will be doing everything wearing this hat..."

Dylan: "So, I can wear shoes today?"

Ethren laughed: "Why yes! Why wouldn't you wear shoes today?"

well-of-course-you-wear-shoes.png

Dylan: "Well...yesterday I didn't wear shoes..."

Ethren: "Well that was yesterday. Today is a different day, so we will do something else..."

filthy-dylan-and-the-choco-cake.png

And so the days continued like this, until it was the day before Dylan's birthday. Dylan and Ethren were playing a game of chess together.

Dylan: "Ethren, I wanted to thank you for helping me with this..."

i-wanted-to-thank-you.png

Ethren: "What? Chess moves? Oh you still have a lot to learn...that is now "Check": Dylan. You need to concentrate..."

Dylan: "No, I meant helping me to train my brain. I'm not sure why you're doing it."

Ethren sat back for a moment, "Well, you were in need of some help, and you seem to be alone in the world, so I took it upon myself to mentor you. I had the knowledge, and you needed the help, so it made perfect sense.

Dylan nodded, "Well, I just wanted to thank you..." he said as he moved his knight.

i-just-want-to-say-thanks.png

Ethren: "Don't thank me yet until that curse is broken. And that, Dylan is "Checkmate." I do believe I neglected to tell you that besides being a former Sage, I am also a Chess Master."

THAT-IS-CHECK-DYLAN.png

ETHREN-WON-THE-CHESS-MATCH.png

thank-me-when-the-curse-is-over.png

Dylan laughed looking at the chess board puzzled, "Yes, I think you forgot to tell me that one, but I guess if you're going to learn chess, the best one to teach you is a Chess Master."

Ethren took an envelope from his pocket and handed it to Dylan.

Dylan looked at it, "What's this?"

talking-about-wid-indebug.png

Ethren: "Well, I understand that tomorrow is your birthday, and this is a pre-birthday gift."

Dylan: "Ethren, you didn't have to do this..."

Ethren: "Of course, I did. Now go ahead and open it..."

Dylan opened the envelope and inside was a round trip train ticket to...Windenburg, leaving later that day.

I-ALREADY-KNOW-DYLAN.png

Dylan looked at Ethren: "I...I appreciate the gift...and I think I know what you were trying to do...but I can't accept this. I won't be able to go back..."

Ethren: "Nonsense, Dylan. It is all arranged. Plus, you won't be going back looking like yourself. You will be undergoing a transformation..."

Dylan smiled: "So, you want me to go back in a disguise?"

CHAT-DYLAN.png

Ethren: "Well, of course! Because I am sure that you would want to spend your birthday with special someone. Don't you agree?"

Dylan was silent looking at the tickets.

Ethren: "Dylan, what have you been learning these last few days?

Dylan: "To challenge my brain...to do things differently..."

expressive-ethren.png

Ethren: "Exactly. And so, by saying you can't do something, what should you do?"

Dylan smiled: "Do the opposite. So, you're saying I should return to Windenburg..."

Ethren: "Correct."

Dylan: "But, Ethren, you don't understand..."

EHTREN-TELLS-DYLAN-HE-KNOWS.png

Ethren interrupted: "Ah, but, Dylan, I do understand. It doesn't take one to be a Chess Master or former Sage to understand that you are running from someone or something...and that you can't return to Windenburg because they might be there or find you there. You do not have to tell me anymore. All you have to do is nod if I am correct."

Dylan swallowed hard and nodded, "Yes...Ethren, you are right...some sims are after me...I have something they want, but I don't know what it is..."

YES-THEY-ARE-AFTER-ME-ETHREN.png

Ethren smiled and pulled out another package, "And that is why I have a second gift..." he said handing a box to Dylan.

GOFT-FOR-DYLAN.png

Dylan unwrapped the gift and looked at it, "What is it?"

Ethren: "Let's just say it will give these sims some time to, how do you young sims say it, "Chill Out!".

Dylan looked at the item again and laughed.

GREAT-GIFT.png

Ethren: "So, what are you waiting for? We have work to do. This transformation will take some time, and we only have a few hours until that train leaves."

Dylan: "So, I guess I am going to Windenburg. Will I...will I be wearing shoes when I go?"

WE-HAVE-TO-GET-YOU-READY.png

Ethren: "Oh Dylan, you are so funny sometimes. Why are you so obsessed with shoes? You don't have a fetish, do you?"

YES-OFF-TO-WINDEBURG.png

Dylan: "Well, I just thought...I mean the other day I didn't wear shoes..."

Ethren: "So true, but today we'll do something different..."

OF-COURE-YOURE-GOING-TO-WEAR-SHOES.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Dylan will be starting university in May, as my work schedule right now is quite busy. So just finishing up some things and waiting for the application results.

There are actually ways to train your mind and keep it more sharp. I just wanted to have some fun with it, and changed it up a bit. Here is the article I got some info from, if you're interested in reading it.

10 Ways to Improve Your Brain Fitness
    *Updated my April 19th post above! I apologize for it, but once again, comments/replies will have to wait until tomorrow. It's later than I thought and I need to get some rest. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @LegacySims2017
    You have NAPs turned on? I personally don't turn those on unless my Sims are doing an Eco Challenge or living in that world. Fun for DJ though doing the presentation outside, well, until he poked himself again. hehe I've noticed those boards do all look similar when they first begin them, but they do change depending on what class they are intended for to present. :)

HAHA! Oh man, I love this, hilarious! So funny seeing all those bare bottoms running away. :D I bet the ladies enjoyed the view! Looks like everyone did very well again, including DJ, Congrats to him! :)

I imagined that too with the voice! Not sure yet how Fox will handle getting out of his dilemma, but I'll figure it out. :) Huh, that is weird about the term glitch, glad you have a good workaround for it though. Good idea moving DJ out before the timer stops. I'd forgotten about the need to do that myself with Cale is why I mentioned it. I had to move him to an empty lot at first, evict him and then just put him with Fox using Household Inventory. A bit of a pain, but oh well.

@Shadami
    Thanks about Cale beating Morgyn and my daily post pic that day! :)

Fun update with everyone hanging out together. Wolfgang is the last one I'd think would chastise anyone for not going to school. hehe Aaron certainly was being a sweetheart taking care of Velma. They're such good friends. :)

Very commendable of you to try to catch up with comments. You don't have to do that if you don't want to. You could just start commenting from when you returned forward. No, you don't have to stop being a Spellcaster, that's just my own personal rule for this year, and for Cale's current storyline. I might let him become a Spellcaster again after he has all 100 babies. We'll see...

@SoulGal7
    Love the focused mind exercises Ethren had Dylan do. He looks funny wearing the Owl hat. hehe Ethren is so clever and sweet. Very nice Birthday gift of a round trip train ticket and I'm guessing the other gift is either a Chillio tome, or you've actually secretly already made Dylan a Spellcaster and he can do that spell now. Love that most of the Chain Breakers will be Dylan's roomies, including Morgan and that you'll be using the same remodeled townhouse Sakura and Wolfgang lived in last year. Can't wait to see Dylan's new look for May! Great update! :)

Be back later with my daily update. I started comments earlier but then since it's nice out, we decided to do some yard work before it rains later this afternoon. Anyway, hope y'all have a great day/night! <3
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited April 2022
    April 20th: New Year's Eve

n3Dv3MA.png
    We returned home early in the morning, exhausted, and in my case, conflicted. Sofia headed straight to bed, but I made myself a hotdog and sat down to think.
    VG2hZR8.png
    While the Keepers of the Light seemed like a noble cause, I was already enmeshed in enough magical drama for one life time, and I wasn't sure I could handle any more. Not to mention I was in the middle of earning a university degree.
    I really wanted to talk to Morgyn right now, but at the same time I wasn't sure I should tell him. His life had already been messed up because of me, and sooner or later I was going to have to accept that I was now an adult capable of handling my own problems. I sighed and raked my fingers through my hair. I needed to sleep.
    Only after some yoga the next morning did I begin to feel a little better. Sleep helped too.
    u5ljAgw.png
    Today had been designated a study day. Nobody wanted to see their grades drop any lower, so we all hit the books together with the hope that we'd get it all done and get to go out to celebrate New Year's Eve that evening. Everyone worked hard and by 7pm, we all had completed our homework and submitted our term papers!
    stY1U25.png
    Time to party!
    We walked over to the pub and began our evening with a little dance party.
    Wg8XDYC.png
    When we got hungry, we went downstairs and treated ourselves to some bar food.
    nXonAks.png
    There were a bunch of people gathered in the side room with the TV, watching the annual New Year's Eve programming and wearing some wild outfits.
    ub8jGHW.png
    After we ate, we filed into the crowded room and together began to count down to midnight.
    S984Cdk.png
    As midnight struck, I waded through the masses and found Kaori and Carol.
    hWQ521K.png
    I gave Carol a hug and wished her a Happy New Year before pulling Kaori in for a kiss.
    nGyjeJs.png
    After our long day of studying we were all feeling pretty drained, so we called it a night headed home.
    @Karababy52 - Response to your comment on my story
    The place where they will be living at uni is actually another build...and is not as nice as the one Wolfgang and Sakura lived in. It is run down. The build had one townhouse really nicely done, and the other townhouse...well, a dump lol. I took out the middle walls of that build, and now it is dumpy throughout. I wanted to use all new different builds this year. No, Dylan is not secretly a Spellcaster. I am going to wait on that. And there were no focus emotion animal hats, so the owl hat made him energized.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I am almost done with finals!!! My plan is to try to speed through the rest of Robin’s uni classes next week and make a few progress posts and hopefully pick up with daily posting in May again :)
    edited April 2022
    Comments:

@Shadami -
    So, not sure who the baby Daddy is...but maybe it's Dylan? I think I missed some of your chapters, but it looks like all these teens are into everyone! Teen drama-llama. And Aaron is so sweet looking after Velma.( @afai1261 - miss you! ) And kissing DJ! What? Oh geez! lol

@RememberJoy -
    Lots of background on the Secret Society, being the Keepers of the Light, and Adam joins them! So, the Secret Society is protecting the seal on the world from vampires. Oh good way to introduce that world. All very creepy, though.

Thank goodness everyone finished all their schoolwork so that they could have a fun New Year's together. It must be tough to try to control all the household members. Adam is certainly in a dilemma about the Society. Did he tell Kaori that he joined? I wonder what she thinks about all of this?

@Karababy52
    Fishing with Fox is quite fun...all those small fry that Fox catches and throws back. lol Cale and Fox head to the bar and Fox shows his "true" colors towards Felicity! lol That Fox is a glowworm now. And love that you refer to aliens as chipmunks. I happen to like "chippies" in real life. lol I do believe that Felicity likes Fox, too. And Felicity totally rejects Cale and tells him he had been up to something with Gina downstairs, and knows that Cale is a player. Uh Oh! I do believe that the alien control over Cale, aside from Cale starting to regain memories, is starting to leak...malfunction for sure. Oops! I think Cale might need to be...um...sent for an alien tune-up to get those powers back. But now...especially with what Felicity said...Cale is starting to wonder what is going on. I think it was hilarious what you said about the bartender going into labor and Cale didn't go into the pre-panic mode, being the father.

@LegacySims2017 -
    Apr 14 - Oh gosh! I was blinded by the cover shot! hehehe And Wow! All those grades look pretty impressive! Congrats to DJ for getting straight A+ grades! Woot!

Apr 13 - Power Conservation Day? Oh gosh...even at uni! lol
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-apr15.jpg
    April 15: Darby's Den!

D.J again has been texting Paige all week and she hasn't weirded out on him as he thought she might have. He decides to ask her to hang out again. He hasn't had a chance to check out the University's Commons known as Darby's Den. He figures the two can hang out there. He texts her it is right next to Drake Hall and to meet him there.

dj-04-104.jpg

D.J. notices why the place is a student hangout. It was more of a study spot. But it is also a nice little quiet place to be with Paige, D.J. thought to himself. The two make their way out back to sit and talk for a little bit. He shares how nice she looks and gives her a bunch more compliments.

dj-04-105.jpg

There is a chess table nearby, so D.J. invites Paige to a game of chess. He reminds her it's similar to a duel for which she chuckles. Paige politely declines a game with him and says she prefers a real duel, that she isn't into chess.

dj-04-106.jpg

D.J. feels a little embarrassed, so he leads Paige back inside. There was a couch, chair, and microphone. D.J. tells Paige to have a seat and gets up to the microphone and tries his best at a comedy routine. He ends up getting Paige to laugh and perhaps the Sim doing some work behind her.

dj-04-107.jpg

D.J. tells Paige all about his classes and that some he has to debate topics in. He thinks it would be fun to see how well Paige would do at a debate and challenges her to one for fun. He wants to debate her on if gnomes are creepy. He thinks they are, so Paige was happy to debate why they weren't and that they are actually cute. They ask two students that were nearby to listen and give the final results of who wins the debate.

dj-04-108.jpg
    dj-04-109.jpg
    dj-04-110.jpg
    dj-04-111.jpg

D.J. enjoyed the last time he fished with Paige in the magic realm. There was a lake out back behind Darby's Den. Free fishing poles were offered, so D.J. and Paige borrowed a couple and went out fishing. D.J. ends up catching a guppy, and two boxes with a voodoo dolls inside. He ends up being curious about the voodoo dolls. Paige catches a discus, a walleye, and a tetra.

dj-04-112.jpg

It was getting dark out, so D.J. decides to end the evening. He thanks Paige for another wonderful night. Because he really likes her and knows they are boyfriend and girlfriend, he plays it safe and gives her a kiss on the cheek goodnight. He is happy she accepted his invitation to go out again. He tells her he is looking to spend more time with her after he graduates.

dj-04-113.jpg

Side Notes:
    • Found out that I couldn't Go on Date at the University Commons, so I had the two hang out there instead.
    • The chess game was a different version and think only students could play it as Paige refused to sit and play. :lol:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    April 19th Comments:

@Shadami
    Yeah, poor nekkid D.J. :lol: Just think how awkward it was for Phoebe.
    I'm completely okay with D.J. being gay or bi....but c'mon D.J.! Kissing Aaron? He has a boyfriend! Shame on him. Even if Aaron put the moves on him first. He knows better. Then Aldo. Ha, ha! I think D.J. is trying new things. Looking forward to Velma and her lil baby. I know she's going to be cute. It is a girl, right? Thought I remember it being stated before.

@RememberJoy
    Oh, I like the lore you have spellcasters vs vampires. Pretty cool. :sunglasses: Yeah, poor Adam not knowing he got himself into now. Especially if he leaving after graduation. Ekram will try to keep him there, I think. Curious now to see Ekram's private plans for Adam.

@Karababy52
    That was fun watching Cale teach Fox how to fish. Fox is gonna keep his guppy cause the color matches his skin. :lol: I wonder if he'll mount it. Bear Night! I know you find them creepy, but I love those costumes. All those bears! Ha, ha! Uh, oh. I wonder if Cale is going to tell Fox about his encounter with Felicity and she stating she saw him with another Sim. A Sim he doesn't remember cause of what the aliens did to him.

@SoulGal7
    I loved this chapter. And the hat Dylan is wearing. I like how Ethran kept making Dylan do different things he didn't know how to do. That is definitely a way to keep your brain moving. Cannot wait to see his new transformation and what Morgan and maybe his other friends will think.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top