Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

Comments

• Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Congrats to Haley for wearing an appropriate top to talk to Alex. :mrgreen:

Way to go Alex for accepting his fate and listening to them, and apologizing. I still don't blame him though.

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    Chezombie86Chezombie86 Posts: 5 New Member
    OMG what a wonderful thread! I am a big player of both games, Stardew and Sims. I can't wait for the Stardew dev's new game either, haunted chocolatier,

I have had a go at doing Stardew sims, but never gone THIS far. This is amazing and thank you so much for sharing it x
  • Options
    meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    edited April 2022
    @emorrill

"I think you could have handled that better" is the same as expressing disappointment in my opinion ;) . Not that Alex didn't deserve it though :p .
    Alex is not my favorite but I feel bad for him. He really wanted to share his life with Haley, but she didn't love him back. That picture of him sitting on the bed and looking down is so sad.
    On the other hand, my sympathies just disappeared as soon as he said "I had to pick on someone" about Sam :# . No you didn't! Just be yourself and stop picking on anybody :s . But I think that's what he's doing from now on.
    Oh, Alex is asking Maru about the kiss. I guess he's a tiny bit jealous :p .
    Maru is probably right that going deeper with her friendship with Alex might not be a good thing to do right now while Alex is still hurting. They need some time. That was a very good conversation for them <3 .
    I like Haley's jeans. I'm a skirt girl myself, but whenever (rarely) I wear jeans, they have the same cut.
    Oh, oh, Haley is angry :o . She's right though. Alex should definitely blame her instead of blaming Sam if he wants to blame someone. But sometimes relationships just won't work out, so maybe he shouldn't blame anybody :/ .
    Now I'm proud of Alex. He apologizes and admitted he did wrong :star: . He IS growing up.
    I'm getting even prouder of Alex. And Haley too. I like how their conversation went. It's easier for both of them to move on now.
    Post edited by meerkattime on
  • Options
    @emorrill

I like Haley's jeans. I'm a skirt girl myself, but whenever (rarely) I wear jeans, they have the same cut.

I salute you for being a skirt girl, ma'am. <3
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @KevinL5275
    Congrats to Haley for wearing an appropriate top to talk to Alex. :mrgreen:
    ^Ha ha! :lol: Funny that she was the more appropriately dressed one huh? :p
    Doesn't surprise me that you're a skirt kind of guy. :smirk: I never wear skirts, unless at church. And even then I haven't worn one in years. (I have a couple of go to dresses I wear to church because they're comfy). I dunno *sigh* never felt like I had the legs for skirts and growing up in a church where "dressing modestly" was greatly pushed, skirts kinda got thrown out the window as a clothing option because most of them rise above the knees. Anyhoo. :p
    Glad you enjoyed the update. :blush:

@Chezombie86 Hey! Welcome to the sims forums. :smiley: And thank you for checking this thread out and for the compliment on my story. <3 Feel free to share any comments you have about it as you're reading. :) I always like to hear thoughts from Stardew fans. :blush:
    I'm curious about the Haunted Chocolatier as well. :) I'm kinda hoping it won't be such a time consuming game as Stardew is. :p I feel like I have less and less time for video games these days... It makes me sad... :(

@meerkattime I guess that was a way of expressing disappointment huh? :p
    Alex is not my favorite but I feel bad for him. He really wanted to share his life with Haley, but she didn't love him back. That picture of him sitting on the bed and looking down is so sad.
    ^Aww, I know. :( I feel bad for him too...
    Yeah no one should pick on anyone, but you know those high school jocks...they were always picking on someone just to make themselves feel better. At least in my high school... :neutral:
    Oh, Alex is asking Maru about the kiss. I guess he's a tiny bit jealous :p .
    ^Indeed. :smirk:
    That was a very good conversation for them <3
    ^Thank you. <3
    I gotta say I definitely don't blame Haley for being angry about the fight and approaching Alex about it, especially when she felt like they had made peace - for the most part. (I bet she was pretty impressed that Sam kicked his butt regardless! :lol: )
    Now I'm proud of Alex. He apologizes and admitted he did wrong :star: . He IS growing up.
    ^Yeppers. :star:<3 And yes, now the two can move on in peace. Maybe someday be able to still call each other friends. :) That may take a year or so though...
    Thank you for the sweet comments and I'm glad you enjoyed it. <3 Hope you're doing well over in your neck of the woods. :kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @emorrill

Hi girl! Finally some comments I went off on Easter holiday from the
    forums and so did my brain sorry I'm a bit late hehe.
    This was a great part of the chapter, Maru is such a good listener, she can make anyone feel better, hopefully
    they too give her the same kind of friendship back, she's the best girl!
    You did a wonderful job with this part of the story.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Loved the update. Couldn't see the video, apparently playback is disabled on other websites per the message I get. Of course, I could go to YouTube...lazy. :grin:

Anywoo...I thoroughly enjoyed this next part of your chapter and can't wait to see more.
    Maru knows just what to do and say :smiley: basically reinforcing what he was already feeling.
    It's really good seeing the sparks developing between them and yet both don't want to rush anything.
    I had to grin reading about what type they are/were attracted too. Our visions sure can change as we mature.

It will be sad when the quest ends and you finish the story. Well at least I have blond Shane :love: I have @tinyspacefox's versions of the guys too. I can pop them in my supernatural world. :grin: I don't have the ladies though. Hmmm :neutral:

Ok...Haley bursting in and yelling at Alex was not very mature nor smart on her part. Sam does not need her to defend him. He obviously handled that himself. But that was a pure Haley thing to do and you wrote it brilliantly. I expect if Sam finds out he will not be happy with her despite how much he appears to love her. No guy wants his girl trying to protect him.

Good conversation between them but things can never be the same between them, nor should be. Haley may feel she did not intentionally hurt Alex but she did. She was selfish enough to continue the relationship with him despite knowing she did not love him as he loved her. She is still selfish not admitting to him.

Ok, can't agree with this. Alex did not owe her an apology!! Feeling as bad as he did he gave her one, but he did not owe her one. He may owe one to Sam, but not to Haley. Too much water under that particular bridge and I can't imagine any guy (Sam) liking a friendship from a former lover with his girlfriend.

So, no yay for Haley from me. Maru yes, but not Haley. Sorry. :grin:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    @Silverofdreams30 It's all good chica. :kissing_heart: I'm glad you had a nice Easter Holiday. 🌷🌼
    Aww! You think Maru is the best girl? <3
    You did a wonderful job with this part of the story.
    ^Thank you. <3

@bekkasan Lol! It's all good. Even I get lazy going over to YouTube to listen to videos when I should be able to listen to them on here. :p It's a good song. :star: T should know it, since I think I remember you saying he likes Linkin Park. Search "Castle of Glass." :)
    Anywoo...I thoroughly enjoyed this next part of your chapter and can't wait to see more.
    ^Yay! :mrgreen: It always fills me with happy to hear you say that. 🤗
    Thanks for the compliments on Maru's words to Alex and the whole scene in general. <3 It really is amazing how much our interests and views change as we mature.
    I'm very glad you have blonde Shane to cherish for the years to come. <3<3
    I could probably provide you with all the Stardew ladies someday. :blush: I'll have to remove cc from them first. ;)
    Ok...Haley bursting in and yelling at Alex was not very mature nor smart on her part. Sam does not need her to defend him. He obviously handled that himself. But that was a pure Haley thing to do and you wrote it brilliantly.
    ^Thanks. :blush: And yes, it very much was a Haley thing to do... :p In my mind I imagined Haley coming home and going to Sam to which Sam and Seb tell her what happened and she's so furious with Alex about it that she immediately storms out of Sam's room to go over and confront Alex. (Sam not really realizing that's what she's doing, but probably figures as much.) I get the feeling he would be a little turned on by her getting after Alex for it :p , but, every guy is different and you're right, there are many that wouldn't like what she did at all. :grimace: She definitely acted out of anger without thinking it over, kind of like what Alex did provoking Sam into a fight.
    Good conversation between them but things can never be the same between them, nor should be. Haley may feel she did not intentionally hurt Alex but she did. She was selfish enough to continue the relationship with him despite knowing she did not love him as he loved her. She is still selfish not admitting to him.
    ^Very true. They definitely won't be BFF's again that's for sure...but now they know (for reals this time :lol: ) that they can be civil and that most of the water is under the bridge. 🌊
    Yeah Alex really didn't owe her an apology, he just gave it in the name of peace. :)
    I can't imagine any guy (Sam) liking a friendship from a former lover with his girlfriend.
    ^Agreed! :lol: That's just too awkward. Some people in the world make that kind of thing work, but I dunno how they do. :grimace:
    So, no yay for Haley from me. Maru yes, but not Haley. Sorry. :grin:
    ^Ha ha, you're ok. :kissing_heart: Like I said in our text, I don't expect everyone to like Haley or accept her redemption because sometimes what changed people did previously just left too deep of a scar to some people so it's very hard to believe that they've changed or can change.
    Thanks for all the awesome comments. :star:<3 They were a joy to read and I'm glad you enjoyed the scenes. :mrgreen: Happier scenes ahead. :blush: I just need to get playing!
  • Options
    Hey friends. :)

The other day I took pictures in game of Snowflake Day and it was truly fun and wonderful to capture. :blush: Filled my heart with joy. Oh how much I love these 12 characters. <3

I can't wait to write more of the story, but some health issues lately have made it difficult to stare at the computer screen and type so... there'll be a bit of a delay until I can get this figured out. Hopefully very soon. :star:

Until then, stay tuned and thanks for your patience. :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    Please take care of yourself, you are more important than a story. :)

We will still be here when you're ready to continue. Best of health to you! <3
  • Options
    @KevinL5275 Thank you buddy. :blush:

I'm feeling much better today. :)
  • Options
    Hey everyone!

For funzies :mrgreen: I thought I would put all of the current couple's "hook up" moments in a cute collage. :blush: Just for a walk down memory lane. <3

Couple-Collage.jpg

And I'm going to include a song that I had long forgotten about since my senior year in high school (and was just reminded of). It's cute, fun, and I feel like it fits. 🥰 Enjoy!
    "Ultimate You" - Lindsey Lohan (From the "Freaky Friday" Soundtrack)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yq_4VAo7HE
  • Options
    Hey everyone. :blush:

Good news! My head has been feeling a little less dizzy and wobbly so I was able to get some writing done today. :smiley: Yay! :star:

Now, as I was beginning to write the next scene I make some subtle references to things that were mentioned/happened in one of the early chapters (Chapter 4! Feels like forever ago...) and because it was so long ago I thought I would post a flashback to jog your memory so y'all don't feel completely lost when reading the latest update. :blush:

We're going WAY back to the time when the group all met together for the very first time to discuss the mysterious Quest. ;) Elliott and Leah had just hooked up and had a "romp" in Abigail and Maru's room upstairs! :lol: Remember? Anyhoo, Harvey called everyone together for the meeting and that is where this flashback begins.

It's really so amazing for me to see how the characters were then compared to how they are now. :blush: They've all grown SO much! <3

Enjoy! And remember to keep these things in mind when I reveal the next update. :star:

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Chapter 4 - Flashback

“Alrighty, do we have everyone here?” Harvey asked, glancing amongst the crowd and counting.
    “All except for Leah and Elliott,” Haley remarked, smacking on some gum she found in her bedroom end table.
    “Gee I wonder why?” Shane muttered.
    “Sorry everyone, we’re coming!” Leah declared, racing down the stairs fixing her hair with her fingers, Elliott trailing behind her. Everyone in the room shot the two a questionable look. They both sat down in the empty loveseat facing Harvey which they were surprised a couple of the others hadn’t chosen to sit on instead of in a chair or on the floor.

“Nice of you two to join us,” Harvey said and then cleared his throat. “Alright so I’ve called all of us here together so that we can discuss this ‘quest’ the Wizard has sent us on.”

49527141713_d9a91ed10b_c.jpg

What quest!?” Sam blurted out.
    “Yeah!” Alex added. “I don’t recall him giving us any details about it, unless one of you heard something I didn’t.” Haley nodded at his comment.
    “That’s exactly why I’ve brought us together to discuss it,” Harvey said, “but first, let’s talk about what happened, from the beginning, that brought us all here. Starting at the beginning should jog all of our memories.” He then looked over at the guys sitting on the left to the guys sitting on his right. “Guys do you mind if I’m the spokesperson for all of us on how we were summoned to the tower?”

They all nodded, except for Shane.

“Yes, I mind,” the lone wolf of the group replied, “because the ladies might be interested to hear each of our accounts about it.”
    “They’re…pretty much the same,” Harvey interposed, annoyed by Shane’s minding which he knew he was only doing to pester him.
    But Shane ignored his comment. “Besides who made you the leader here anyway?”
    “It kinda makes sense since he’s the oldest,” Sam voiced.
    “What?” Sebastian asked him, “I thought Elliott was the oldest.”

All eyes looked over at Elliott and the man simply scrunched up his nose and shook his head at them. Sam shot Sebastian a wide, victorious grin.

“Look this isn’t a matter of me being the oldest or not, or trying to be the leader,” Harvey said, giving Shane a quick glance. “I just thought it would be a good idea for all of us to come together and discuss this so that we’re all on the same page and can figure out what exactly this quest is all about.” All the girls nodded to that.
    “Whatever…,” Shane muttered again.
    “Shane knock it off and let the man speak,” Elliott firmly addressed.
    “Make me bard boy!”
    Elliott’s mouth dropped in surprise at the name call. “I’m not a bard,” he countered, “I’m a writer!”
    “Well you sure look like one to me!”
    “Hey!” Leah cut in, eyeballing Shane with a waggling finger. “No one talks to my boyfriend like that!”
    “WHAT!?” everyone cried out, staring at the new couple.

A dead silence filled the room as Leah blushed, trying to put together what she was going to say.

“Yes,” she began with, “Elliott and I are officially a couple now.” She gripped his hand and turned toward him with a loving smile. “It took us being apart like this to realize just how much we love each other. And we didn’t want to waste anymore time.” Elliott returned the smile with a blush and wrapped his arm around her, bringing her in for a cuddle.
    “Aww!” Emily cooed.

49437454351_2c63c18800_c.jpg

Sam leaned back in his chair with his legs crossed, picking at the cuticles on his fingers as he said, “I guess it’s not too surprising since you two have always paired off together at the seasonal festivals.”
    “Yup, and they totally had sex upstairs,” Shane muttered again.
    “Alright…,” Abigail but in, giving Shane a look. “Please continue the discussion Harvey.”
    Shane shook his head with an eye roll.

:blush:
  • Options
    @emorrill I forgot to tell you I love the collage! Looking forward to the next update.
  • Options
    Thanks @bekkasan <3

I can't wait to get it finished so I can share it with all of you. :blush: Every update towards the end here has just been exciting to write. :mrgreen: (Even though there's still that sadness that it's coming to a close...)
  • Options
    Well everyone, I've been hard at work these past three days writing the big Christmas scene next. :blush: Update to come this weekend! I'm making sure if it! (Even if it has to be half the scene. :kissing_heart: )

Stay tuned! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    So my friends, I crashed hard last night....... Was playing ACNH and my body was like, "Okay, you're comfy on the couch so...you're falling asleep now..." :confounded: So I quit the game and went to bed. It was two minutes to 9pm. I usually stay up until 10 or 11, but...not lately it seems.

Anyhoo, I promised y'all a story update this weekend (no matter how small) and I'm going to deliver! :star: There is a small scene I wrote before the big Christmas scene so I'll be posting that now. :blush: I'm hoping to have the Christmas one ready this afternoon (late afternoon probably) and it will most likely have to be broken up into 2 posts. :p Hee hee!)

For now, enjoy this short, sweet scene. :blush: 🎉

Continuation of Chapter 18

In the blink of an eye, Christmas (aka Snowflake Day in Appaloosa) was just a mere two days away. Love, joy, warm fuzzies, and excitement filled the air among the group, just as it always did at Christmastime back home. Any harbored negative feelings towards each other, among some, were forgotten about for a time. It amazed them all how the spirit of Christmas was just as present in a world so very different from their own. Proof to most of them that God really is everywhere in the universe, while to others it meant that the Christmas spirit can be carried anywhere they might be. Really, it was true on both accounts.

Before the joyous day however, there was another birth to celebrate: Leah’s. She would be turning 31. Elliott went out of his way to make it the most special birthday to date for his love. In many ways for Leah…it truly was.

She was engaged to be married to her best friend and love of her life and on top of that, she was carrying their child. Her biggest dreams had come true and life never felt more perfect.

52059059579_53679c7f1b_c.jpg

When she and Elliott made the grand reveal that they were going to be parents to the whole group, the entire house shook with roaring excitement. Every person was eager to come forward with a handshake or a hug to express their congratulations. Naturally there were questions and concerns expressed, but thankfully Leah and Abigail already had excellent answers for them all.

After cake and presents, Leah stood underneath the not so subtle mistletoe that someone hung from the ceiling and alluringly invited that said someone to kiss her underneath it.

The man played to be bashful…

52059309455_07df11dc4d_c.jpg

…but leaned in to deliver a light, tender, and luscious kiss that made Leah giggle like a schoolgirl afterward. All this time together and Elliott still managed to take her breath away. She felt like the luckiest and most blessed woman on the planet.

52057784107_1f99148d58_c.jpg

Then they took a romantic photo together to capture the beautiful moment in time.

52057784452_b8510d3d10_c.jpg

In the past, some of the others expressed whether it was even worth it to take pictures of their time in Appaloosa when their cell phones would most likely disappear upon returning home, the photos lost forever. But Elliott would kindly remind them, “It’s good to make and capture memories, to look at often, to remind you of where you’ve been, all that you learned, and all that you have.” The lover of sentiment in his fiancé wholeheartedly agreed with his response.

“Happy birthday my love,” Elliott once again whispered in Leah’s ear when the celebration came to a close, holding her in his arms. “I hope this birthday was everything you hoped it’d be.”

52058821816_94092bd69b_c.jpg

Leah smiled brightly, holding him tighter; knowing all the effort he put into it to make it special and it warmed her heart. “It was,” she replied, “...and then some.”
    “Eh?” he curiously asked, releasing her from the embrace to look into her eyes.
    She held her beaming smile. “You gave me the greatest gift I have ever received this birthday. And because of that, I’ll never forget it.”
    His eyebrow was still arched. “Uh…the perfume, chocolates, or the maternity dresses?”
    “No,” she chuckled. “The baby.”
    “Ah, of course!” he grinned, playfully smacking at his forehead. The sparkle in his eyes lovingly expressed, “you’re welcome.”

“Although it was a mutual effort,” he added, gently pulling her in closer to him and pressing his forehead upon hers, hiding his smirk.
    “So it was,” Leah chuckled again and kissed him.

<3

More is just around the corner! :smiley:
  • Options

@emorrill Perfect little scene for the mother to be on 'our' Mother's Day in the real world.
    Leah looks adorable getting ready to blow out her candles.
    Love the mistletoe kiss!
    It's nice to know everyone is excited about the baby.
    Love the pictures of the two of them, so romantic!
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @emorrill

Lovely little scene here, great choosing of
    pictures aswell.
  • Options
    A/N:
    More is here! :smiley: I wanted to give a little disclaimer: There's a moment where something "inappropriate" is given in one of the gifts. I had to come up with something that would make Abby look so furious after opening her gift - you'll see - and this was the best my mind could come up with. :p Y'all know my story has generally been PG-13 anyway so I hope you'll see the humor in it. ;) Picture heavy too, sorry. Oh and don't forget the flashback I shared! Enjoy!

Continuation of Chapter 18

Christmas (Snowflake Day) had arrived!

The girls stayed the previous night at the guy’s house so they would all be there together in the morning to open presents and celebrate.

Emily made sure the holiday tunes were playing, the pine candles were burning, and the breakfast casseroles were baking before everyone woke up. Snow gently fell outside of the frosted windows and she smiled at them thinking, Perfect. White Christmases were the best!

In the previous month Emily excitedly offered to be in charge of all Christmas Day plans, which of course she wouldn’t do all by herself, she was mainly the coordinator. It was definitely a team effort, especially when it came to Christmas dinner. The schoolteacher in Penny came up with a “draw a name from a hat/mystery Santa” gift exchange so that everyone would at least have one gift to open on Christmas morning. It was certainly a sweet and considerate idea, but Sam suggested they “kick it up a notch” and make it a “white elephant” gift exchange. Most of the other’s found that to be a little more fun and amusing so Penny nodded her approval and they rolled with it.

Shane lounged on one of the couches and played around on his phone after helping Emily in the kitchen. She insisted he relax while she set the table. Sebastian, Abigail, and Maru were the next ones to wake, Abigail giddily shaking with an energy that was completely foreign to the brother and sister in the wee hours of the morning. Next came Harvey and Penny in matching pajamas which made Shane snicker behind his phone. It became all the more difficult to not laugh when Elliott and Leah came out of their bedroom wearing matching pajamas as well! Sam and Haley emerged from Sam’s bedroom giggling, thinking no one saw him slap Haley on the bottom beforehand, but Shane sure did. They totally had sex last night, he thought with a smirking head shake, but in all honesty, he really couldn’t be sure. ’Merry Christmas darling,' he added in a sarcastic, sensual tone, laughing at himself. Alex came out last, awoken by all the voices. He rubbed at his messy, slept on hair with a yawn as he scanned the room for the last available seat, a spot on the couch next to Emily and Shane. Emily gathered up all the presents and stacked them neatly in the center of their circle before sitting down.

“Well,” Harvey spoke, once everyone was seated. “Merry Christmas everyone.” They all said the same to him in return. “It’s nice to all be gathered together again like this.”

52059886773_61c96fc19f_c.jpg

“Gee Harvey you sound like our dad on Christmas morning,” Haley chuckled, throwing a glance at Emily to which she nodded.
    “Well,” he lowered his head in modesty, “it sure has felt like we’ve become one big family since we got here…”
    “Nice jammies by the way, ‘Dad,’” Shane threw out with a smirk.
    Everyone laughed as Harvey’s cheeks grew pink, along with Penny’s. “Guess that means you're alright with me being the man of the house after all Shane?” he had to tease his buddy back with.
    Nice, Shane thought with a nod, remembering, then shook his head. “Only because you’re the oldest one here…,” he simply replied. Emily affectionately rubbed at his back to his response.

Leah turned and glanced at her fiancé, flashing those cute, doe eyes of hers and Elliott knew exactly what she was encouraging.
    “He’s not the oldest,” the man humbly voiced to the group. “I am.”

Leah’s eyes and smile lit up like the sun and she gave him a peck on the lips as a reward.

Almost all heads whipped towards Elliott’s revelation with gapes, except for those that knew.

“Whaaat?” Sam asked in an oddly “losing” sort of tone.
    “SEE! I was right all along!” Sebastian cried out to his buddy. “I knew it! Told ya so man!”
    “Wow…,” Sam whispered, shaking his head and then burying his face in his hands, rubbing at his forehead. Haley chuckled at his momentary disbelief. “You serious?” he asked Elliott while lifting his head.
    “Yes, it’s true,” the man replied. “I greatly relished in the fact that all of you thought Harvey was older than me for all these years, so I didn’t feel the need to say otherwise. Nor did I really want to. It was flattering and in a way, it made me feel young. I liked that feeling. Cause let’s face it, no one likes getting old…”
    They all casually nodded.
    “But now that I’m becoming a dad,” he turned his gaze towards Leah and then down to her baby bump, stroking it, “it’s time to embrace my age…and my new responsibilities.” He then looked back at the group. “I’m not getting old, I’m getting wiser.” He winked. “So with that,” he paused, switching his gaze, “Merry Christmas Harvey.”
    Touched, Harvey smiled and said, “Why thank you Elliott. The handlebar style mustache certainly made me look older so…”
    Everyone laughed and nodded in agreement. “SO glad you ditched it!” Emily voiced in the background.
    “Okay!” Shane playfully addressed Harvey with a pointed finger, “I’m not okay with you being the man of the house, or the leader, anymore.”

With a head shake, Harvey held a long, half-grin stare at Shane until Shane cracked and they both laughed. As much as Shane tried to tease Harvey, the doctor always saw through it or had something clever to say - or do - in backfire. But it was still fun. It was always how Shane showed affection to his best friends. Harvey was like Jackson in many ways and it felt great to Shane to have that kind of buddy again.

“Well I have no problem admitting I’m the oldest woman in the group,” Leah declared with her hand upon her chest. She held that status proudly, especially while on this quest.
    “Well yeah cause we always knew that,” Abigail quipped.
    Hearing that however caused Leah to feel somewhat disturbed. Just a tiny bit. Always?

As soon as everyone’s voices quieted, Harvey spoke again. “Anyway, before we open gifts I just wanted to say to you all…how truly wonderful this journey has been with all of you.” His sincerity radiated in his smile. “Granted we’ve had some ups and downs and,” he chuckled, “it’s been annoying at times trying to figure out what this quest is really about and wondering if we’re ever going to return home, but,” his tone changed back to the previous sincerity, “we’ve been a great team throughout it all and…I wouldn’t trade the experiences I’ve had here for anything else in the universe. And I think all of you would agree with me.”

Indeed they did.

52059858426_3d3db76160_c.jpg

“I mean we’ve been here for what,” he turned to Penny for help, “eight months now?”
    “Just about,” she answered.
    “Wow…,” he looked back at the group. “Who would’ve thought we’d be here this long…and grow so much because of it.” Most everyone smiled. Alex lowered his head though, Maru noticed. He was still healing and learning some self confidence, but she made a note to remind him later about how proud she was of him.

“I’ve pretty much given up on trying to figure out this quest and when we’re gonna go home,” Sebastian said with a shrug. “It’ll happen when it happens…no point stressing over it anymore.”
    “I agree,” Abigail nodded. And most of the others did too.
    Alex and Maru shot glances at each other - based on their last conversation - and looked away with cracked smiles. They’d both still try to figure it out anyway.

“Could I say something too?” Haley asked of the group. When all eyes turned toward her, she gripped her hands tightly together in her lap, somewhat struggling to look each of them in the eye. “I know I’ve been a real b***h to all of you in some form or another—”
    Light chuckles interrupted her, which she fully expected, and even a snort came out of Abigail to which she immediately apologized for. Maru’s eyebrows bounced, hardly believing what she was about to hear.

“Anyway,” Haley carried on with a light grin, “I agree with Harvey that it feels like we’ve become one big family here and…that we’ve truly grown a lot on this quest,” she rubbed at her hands again, finally glancing up at the group, “I know I’ve learned a lot in the past month.” She glanced over at Emily particularly, expressing a quiet thanks which made Emily’s eyes tear up. She also took Sam’s hand in hers to show her appreciation to him as well. “So, in the spirit of Christmas, I just wanted to say to each of you…I’m sorry…for being a royal b***h.” Chuckles were heard again, but in a kind way. “And I also want to say…thank you for putting up with my b***hiness…especially when you didn’t deserve it,” now she looked at Shane with glistening eyes, “and for giving me a second chance.”

52060342915_2cf3cafe5c_c.jpg

Shane smiled at her with a nod in return, wholly accepting and understanding, just as he did when she personally apologized to him before. “Amen,” he voiced. In his mind, there was no better group in the universe at giving second chances.
    “Amen,” Emily also expressed, on both accounts.
    Thank you, Haley lipped to them both. Sam then took his girlfriend into a hug and tenderly nuzzled and kissed her cheek, letting her know how proud he was of her for opening up like that when it’s never an easy thing for anyone to do. He even gently wiped away a tear that escaped her eye. It was a beautiful sight to Maru, even Alex thought as much. The love those two carried for each other was becoming more and more apparent to him with each passing day.

“Well,” Harvey spoke, standing up from the couch to which everyone followed suit. It surprised him.

52059859071_a0265855f9_c.jpg

“I dunno what traditions you all engage in on Christmas morning, but,” he turned to Emily, the coordinator, “what's next? Breakfast first? Presents first?”
    “PRESENTS!” many of them shouted before Emily could respond. The blue-haired girl just shrugged as if to say, “I guess we are going with presents first.”
    “Alright then,” Harvey chuckled. “How shall we begin opening presents?”
    “You know what Harvey,” Sebastian urgently, yet kindly stepped in, “how about we all just find our gifts and open them up already? It doesn’t need to be orchestrated.” He threw out a light wink for good measure. “It’s Christmas morning for crying out loud!”
    “Ditto!” Sam expressed, Maru nodding her agreement to the Doctor as well.
    Harvey nodded with a suppressed laugh. “Well then, let’s open presents!”

Squeals and cheers rang through the air as everyone raced to the pile of presents, taking the first gift with their name on it that they could find and then stepped off to the side to make room for others while they picked out and opened their gifts.

Elliott and Leah stayed put on the loveseat in a cuddle.

“Wanna watch the kids open their gifts for a bit first?” Elliott asked her, practically reading her mind.
    “Yes,” Leah dreamily replied, stroking his leg with affection, “I would like that.”

52060343675_76c1f4efcc_c.jpg

Penny wanted to watch presents being opened first as well so she found a spot on the floor with the best view, just like she would do as a kid and also if her students were present. Harvey smiled at her with a twinkle in his eye. He would’ve joined her on the floor, but his knees weren’t very kind to him these days when trying to stand back up from sitting on the floor. Penny understood and insisted he stay put.

Christmas time always filled Penny’s heart with joy and peace because all the cares of the world and anxieties she carried daily were quickly forgotten.

52060343460_003b056f69_c.jpg

“SAMUEL!” Abigail cried, eyeballing her friend - knowing it was him - after opening his white elephant gift to her.
    “Hey!” Sam playfully opposed. “That gift is nothing worth full-naming me over!”
    “Oh yes it is,” she retorted, “and you’re gonna get it for this one. Just you wait! I know where you sleep…”

52060344390_41f9b34b2d_c.jpg

Sam almost instantly brushed off the threat, but then grimaced, forgetting that his lifelong friend possessed strong magical powers.
    “What did you give her?” Haley curiously inquired through his ear. When he whispered it to her, she held a hand to her gaping mouth and then giggled.

Emily opened up her first gift with a heartfelt smile. It was one from Shane and it was a tiger-vine plant, the plant he remembered her eyeballing in awe at the local nursery when they were out together one day.

52059889143_081352a4c4_c.jpg

Maru casually stepped over towards Alex sitting all by his lonesome on the couch, all the while watching wrapping paper flying all over the place and gifts revealed. She stopped just a few inches beside him. “Feel like watching people open gifts first too?”
    Alex shrugged. “Yeah, guess so. Just not feeling super anxious to open gifts this year…”
    Maru nodded. It was understandable given all that he’d been through lately. In a way she wasn’t feeling like opening hers right away either, especially in front of the group. She’d rather open hers in private and relish in them that way. That’s generally what she always did.

52058818337_10db92a175_c.jpg

Alex might’ve taken a little peek at Maru’s fine legs on display while wearing such cute, short bottoms. It couldn’t be helped.

Just after Leah stood up to use the restroom, Elliott watched in amusement as Haley opened his “secret Santa” gift to her. She certainly wasn’t an easy one to buy for - and he wasn’t exactly thrilled at the time to pull her name out of the bowl - so he just went with something every girl loves. Normally.

52060345065_6476caa83b_c.jpg

“Oh…uh…okay,” Haley expressed, seeing a simple light pink candle in a plain glass holder; unscented. She glanced around at the group with an awkward smile and said, “Thanks…secret gift giver…whoever you are. It’s…great!”

52059861256_5a0ac9107b_c.jpg

It really was a nice gift. Just a little low-key in her opinion. But it’s the thought that counts, she reminded herself, and that it was a white elephant gift which most of the time are lame gifts anyway. At least it wasn’t what Sam got Abigail, she chuckled.

After opening two very thoughtful gifts from Penny and Emily, Shane’s heart felt so full that he actually held his hand to it as he watched the others open their gifts; the Christmas spirit bursting forth from every present and shining in every eye. He could honestly say this was the happiest Christmas of his life.

52060092439_b86ee40f91_c.jpg

The gift pile in the center of the room was getting smaller and smaller.

Sebastian opened his big gift from Abigail which was a laptop computer, complete with all sorts of games programmed into it.

52060345745_a01b735203_c.jpg

He went right over to her and gave her a long kiss to show his appreciation.

52058820292_6c1d2b1a39_c.jpg

After opening Harvey’s special gift to her, Penny closed the lid with glistening eyes and a smile, giving him the most loving and heartfelt gaze in thanks.

52058821322_e970557821_c.jpg

He gifted her a pocket size, portable music player, with simple ear-buds. Not headphones. It was fascinating! Similar to - and paying homage to - the “walkman” he and Doctor Harris gifted her teenage self that special Christmas all those years ago. I love you, she lipped to him. He lipped it to her in return.

In the light of that spirit, Harvey went ahead and opened her special gift to him.

52059863411_f63c4b0324_c.jpg

It was a portable chess table, one he could play any time he needed to take a break from researching, compounding, or doctoring. He loved it. He always enjoyed playing chess as a kid, but never found time for it in his adult life so he was sorely out of practice. Now he could work towards becoming the master at it that he always hoped to become.

Shane finally found his white elephant gift. There was an instant glare of disgust as he found a strange, frog-horse hybrid plush within that even looked like a joke. He could’ve sworn a bad smell was added to it as well.

52060094949_f90c5dc1f7_c.jpg

“Alright, who’s the wise-guy?” he asked the group…

52058820557_20fab44114_c.jpg

“...or girl?”

A few chuckles were expressed.

“It was YOU Harvey, wasn’t it!?” he directed his attention to, lowering his tone. “This had to be from you.”

52060095264_259417934f_c.jpg

“I swear it wasn’t from me,” Harvey said with honesty written all over his face.
    In that case, Shane met eyes with every person in the room, practically demanding that one of them come forward and explain such a hideous gift, but they all held straight faces. “Fine then,” Shane gave up. “But whoever you are, you have one h*** of a disturbed mind!”

Alex sat on the couch in the shadow of the others smirking gloriously within his mind. He had hoped he would’ve gotten a much stronger reaction out of Shane than that, but the bland response was enough to make this day feel a little better for him. Enough to get him up off the couch to at least open one present with his name on it. It was a pair of hand grippers, used to increase the strength of one’s hands. Not a bad gift at all. “Sweet!” he happily expressed. “Thanks Penny!”

52059863666_37dab51777_c.jpg

Sam and Haley took a moment to quietly open their special gifts to each other. Sam gifted her a black “groupie” girl shirt with neon lettering and tight jeans to match which made her laugh - and he thought she would look HOT in - and Haley gifted him a miniature guitar. It was the coolest thing he had ever seen! “You’re the BEST babe!” he declared with a kiss.

52059863106_1aebebf04c_c.jpg

“I know…,” she said, giving him some light tongue in return. “You’re the best too.”

“Well,” Elliott sighed, turning his gaze toward Leah to which she did the same, “it looks like it’s our time to open presents now.”
    “I think so too.”

52059892573_2338da716e_c.jpg

The white elephant gifts the two received weren’t terrible, they were actually quite nice. Leah liked to think it was because they were so well-liked and practically the “parents” of the group.
    Yeah no one dares to mess with us…, Elliott proudly thought.

He then bent down to grab Leah’s special gift to him.

52060348370_7b9813cc22_c.jpg

He opened it up to find a beautiful table-top easel nestled within. While he knew Leah got it for him to encourage an interest in painting, and he adored it, he ended up shaking his head at it with a laugh.

Leah too lowered her head and shook it with a laugh after she discovered that Elliott had gifted her the very same gift she gifted him!

52060097064_cff74896bf_c.jpg

“My gosh we are too perfect for each other aren’t we?” she asked him, as she wrapped her arms around his neck.
    “Was there ever any doubt?” came his response with a quick peck on the lips.

There was another present given to the both of them from Harvey and Penny that had baby clothes and cloth diapers within along with a little note that read: “Just in case.” Leah heartwarmingly smiled, knowing they knew she was hoping to deliver the baby at home in Pelican Town, but if not, they were once again assuring that she, and baby, were in good hands. She went over and gave the two a hug, expressing her thanks. Then she gasped, feeling the very first movement from the baby. It was another exciting announcement to make to everyone. Penny then asked Leah if she could feel her belly in case the baby decided to move again. Of course Leah consented. Penny was overjoyed to feel the tiny life move again, even for a few seconds.

52059869931_6ef61dced6_c.jpg

“Awww,” Emily cooed from the sidelines, cuddling with Shane on the couch. “I can’t believe Elliott and Leah are gonna have a baby. I’m so excited for them!”
    “Yeah,” Shane expressed. “It’s pretty cool.”

52058823432_dce4bd1002_c.jpg

“Someday…,” Emily carefully began with a hopeful sigh, “maybe…that’ll be you and me?”
    Shane sat up a bit and looked her in the eye in surprise for a moment, which made Emily’s heart race, but it calmed down when he cracked a smile and answered, “Absolutely.”
    “Really!?” She widely smiled.
    “Yeah! Really!” He stressed each word with a chuckle. “Em…do you think there’d ever be anyone else in this entire universe for me instead of you?”
    She shook her head in answer, her heart fluttering.
    “So yeah of course it’s going to be you I wanna make babies with.”
    She laughed, always thinking that was a funny way to say it.
    Then Shane leaned in and almost touched his nose with hers with a smirk as he whispered, “And I know we’re gonna love trying…”
    “Oh yes we definitely will,” she giggled. “Oh Shane…I love you so much. Merry Christmas.”
    Shane repeated the same as they deeply kissed each other, squeezing the other’s hand at the same time.

52060349010_5a127ef416_c.jpg

When all of the presents were opened - Alex somewhat forgetting he was missing a white elephant gift from someone - everyone went into the dining room to have breakfast. Raves were given over how delicious the hearty breakfast casserole was and how incredibly creamy the hot chocolate was. Afterward, the dishes and wrapping paper were all cleaned up and the twelve friends sat around and mingled or relaxed in the living room with the Christmas tunes lightly playing in the background.

“So what was Sam’s white elephant gift to you?” Sebastian curiously asked Abigail.
    The girl puffed. “Trust me, you don’t want to know…”
    “Oh I think I really do.”
    “Okay…,” she gave in. “It’s been this long running joke, or really a game, between me and him. He takes something that I utterly despise and finds some way to make it worse. I’ll do the same with things he doesn’t like. Usually we debate it out in verbal form cause like I said, it’s a joke. But this time he managed to do it in gift form.”

52060351465_840872166b_c.jpg

Sebastian’s brow furrowed. “Okaaay, let’s see it.”
    With averted eyes, Abigail handed him the gift box.
    At first, Sebastian wasn’t exactly sure what he was looking at. It was a toy carp with something lodged in its mouth. He knew Abigail hated carps with a passion. They'd find dead ones on the beach back home all the time. Upon closer inspection, the item in its mouth was a rather large piece of clay carved into the shape of a…, “Oh!” he gasped as realization set in. Immediately he snickered.
    “Oh you men!” Abigail cried, slapping at his shoulder. “It’s AWFUL!”
    “I get it Abby, but c’mon, that's hilarious!”
    “Okay fine, maybe it is a tiny bit, but honestly Seb that is NOT something I want to open up in front of the group! Nor do I WANT it! I’ll be destroying it with FIRE immediately!”
    Sebastian roared with laughter.

His laughter diminished though when he took notice of Alex approaching his sister.

“Hey,” Alex timidly greeted Maru, with one hand behind his back. “Uh, you got some presents right? I don’t remember seeing you open any…”
    “Yeah I,” she paused, quickly brushing a hair behind her ear, “opened them privately, when no one was really looking. I prefer to do it that way. I always feel a little uncomfortable when someone watches me opening a present they gave me and vice versa.”
    Alex’s eyes bugged out for a moment at her response which made his heart pound against his chest all the more. “Oh…uhh,” he stammered. “Well I umm…sorta got you something last minute…actually I got it as more of a ‘thank you’ gift for the other day, but,” he revealed the present he was holding behind his back, “I wanted to give it to you personally…”
    “Oh,” Maru gasped in pleasurable surprise.

52060349195_36457c3708_c.jpg

“I mean, if it makes you feel uncomfortable to open it in front of me, that's cool. I’ll just turn around or--”
    “No, it’s okay,” Maru chuckled at his sweetness. “I’ll make an exception in this case because it’s different,” she winked.
    “Nice!”
    “This is so sweet of you Alex,” she breathed as she took the gift from him, holding her hand to her heart. “You really didn’t have to.” She couldn’t remember the last time a guy personally gave her a gift that wasn’t her father.

52059865256_d2088ee3f5_c.jpg

“Well, I wanted to so…,” he ended with a blush.

Maru carefully opened the gift and gasped again to find the most beautiful maroon and yellow orchid bloom she had ever seen, sealed in glass.
    “It’s a paperweight,” Alex informed. “You know…to keep all your papers from flying around and it’s also something pretty to look at while you’re doing all that brainy research you do and stuff.” He nervously scratched at the back of his head.
    “It’s lovely,” she said with a smile. “Thank you. These two colors are one of my favorite color combinations. How did you know?”
    He shook his head with a shrug. “Lucky guess I guess.” He smiled; that gorgeous smile.

“Well,” Maru sighed, placing his gift down on the couch behind her and reaching for a gift that was hidden among the decorative presents under the Christmas tree, “I too,” she turned and held out a present to him, “wanted to give you your white elephant gift in person actually…” He could hear the hint of nervousness in her voice, but could feel she was mostly excited about it.
    You were my secret Santa? I was beginning to wonder if Sam or Haley drew my name and decided not to get me anything…”
    “Aww,” she expressed in sympathy. “No, I had to wrap this late last night. I didn’t want to leave it in there for days on end…”
    He shot her a questionable look.
    “Just open it.”

52060349600_8f955acd6d_c.jpg

Naturally, Alex shook the box for a moment to get an idea of what might be inside.

52059865566_620442339b_c.jpg

“Uh, I wouldn’t do that,” Maru cautioned.
    “Why?”
    “Just open it!”
    “Impatient are we?” he smirked at her as he pulled off the ribbon and tore off the paper. He nearly dropped the box when he found a pretty large cockroach resting on top of some tissue paper within, twiddling its antennae. He promptly shut the lid and set the box down on the floor which made Maru laugh. “A cockroach? Really?”

52058824632_ab1f0e644d_c.jpg

“Not just any cockroach,” she clarified. “That’s the cockroach whose life you saved from countless tests by offering yourself up as our test subject instead.”
    Alex just shook his head, feeling somewhat touched. “I see. Thanks.”
    She smiled. “I don’t think I ever properly thanked you for doing that, so…this is my silly way of saying thank you.” Her eyes beamed. “It meant a lot to me…to all of us. It’s one of the bravest acts I’ve ever seen anyone do honestly.”
    Alex blushed, not really knowing what to say.
    “And I’m so glad you walked away from it alright…,” she ended, shyly looking away.
    “Oh you were worried about me eh?” he teased with a bouncing eyebrow.
    Maru simply rolled her eyes at him, not willing to indulge him in that.
    They chuckled.

52059866221_fc65474ac6_c.jpg

“Look at those two,” Harvey whispered to Penny as they snuggled on the couch. “I get the feeling something is developing there…”
    Penny took a quick glance at her best friend and the old Pelican Town High School jock. “Maru and Alex?” she whispered too. “Maybe…but I kinda doubt it. He's always bugged her. She's bound to meet another genius in college and steal his heart away…”
    “Yeah…most likely." Still, he very much wondered…

52060350570_d4428273c2_c.jpg

Penny blissfully sighed, changing the subject. “What a wonderful Christmas this has been, despite being away from our families.”
    “Indeed. I was thinking the very same thing.”
    “I hope my mom is alright…I wonder if she’s even celebrating today…” she frowned, remembering how hard that first Christmas was when her dad left them. Pam treated it just like any other day…
    Harvey gently pulled his love in closer to him. “I’m sure no matter what she’s doing she’s thinking of you.”
    Penny tilted her head toward his chest in agreement as he kissed the top of it.

“Merry Christmas my dear Penny,” he said before tenderly brushing his lips with hers.
    “Merry Christmas to you too darling,” came the response as she kissed him back.

52059866646_135b4c449e_c.jpg

“Maybe next time this year…you’ll be carrying our first child too.”
    “Mmm…,” she expressed, rubbing noses with him. She very much liked that idea.

52059866901_0f88b3f464_c.jpg

“I love you,” he wholly expressed, kissing her again and again.

Off to the side, Haley stood with a playful look and stance of disgust while teasing, “Maybe it’s time for you two to get a room…”
    Sam snickered.

52060351190_0f2ced7068_c.jpg

“Yeah, yeah,” Harvey muttered.

“Hey,” Sam stood and addressed his girl with a smirk, “maybe that’s what we should be doing right now,” and bounced his eyebrows at her.
    “We were just a few minutes ago…,” she smirked back.
    “Not on the comfort of the couch,” he winked.
    “True. But I have something even more special for you…” She held her open palm up to her chin and seductively blew him a kiss while winking.
    “HOLY COW!” Sam exclaimed. “There’s actually a heart coming out of your mouth! Awesome-sauce!”
    Abigail took notice from the background, sensing some kind of magic other than her own manifesting. The world liked to throw out little surprises like that.

52059896143_1676bf08e2_c.jpg

Harvey and Penny eventually separated to chat with some of the others.

“Merry Christmas!” Penny hugged Maru with, after Maru had given her brother a hug.

52060352165_457c2e79de_c.jpg

“Feliz Navidad,” Maru said to be silly in return.
    “You got my present right?”
    “Yes! Thank you so much. You are so thoughtful. You got mine too?”
    “Absolutely! I love it! Thank you!”

The two continued to hold each other for a few seconds, maybe because they felt like it had been so long since they had.

“Sorry I’ve been so busy spending time with Harvey that we haven’t had a chance to hang out like we used to…,” Penny expressed.
    “It’s okay,” Maru assured. “I'm sorry I’ve been busy with him too.”
    They laughed.

“So…you and Alex…”
    “Yes?”
    “Is there something going on there?”
    Maru blushed. “No. We’re just friends.”
    “Are you suuuure?” Penny teased.
    “Penny trust me…if anything was going on, you’d be the first to know.”

52059896428_affc2bf8f3_c.jpg

“Hey Harvey!” Shane called to, whipping past the two girls. “Check out this video I found on the World-Wide Web this morning! It’s hilarious!”
    Harvey had a feeling it was some sort of inappropriate video, but he watched it of course for the sake of his buddy.

52059868761_6177a4a9f7_c.jpg

Shane kept glancing at the video chuckling while Harvey honestly thought it wasn’t all that funny.

52059868886_1af3fdbdb7_c.jpg

Until the very end…

52060101569_6b2890e27d_c.jpg

“Told you it was hilarious,” Shane reiterated watching Harvey suppress his laugh. “See, inappropriate videos can be funny too, Mr. Modest.”
    “I know,” Harvey admitted. “My gosh Shane…,” he continued to chuckle. That was awfully good.

52060101739_6293670c49_c.jpg

“Did you show that to Emily?”
    “Oh yeah! She’s the one that suggested I show it to you.”
    They laughed.

About fifty feet away, Sebastian quietly, yet swiftly, approached a certain someone.

“Hey. Alex. Can I talk to you for a second?”

Alex turned and froze, not exactly caring for Sebastian’s tone, but having a feeling as to why.

“What’s going on between you and my sister?” He tried to keep the tone down so no one would notice.
    “Nothing.”
    “Yeah right.”
    “I’m serious. I was giving her a gift. That’s all.”

52059868196_81af04a62c_c.jpg

Sebastian shifted his body weight onto his other foot and sighed. “Look, I’m not stupid. I’ve noticed the two of you spending more time together for a while now. And I know all the rest of us have hooked up so maybe you feel like that’s what you’re supposed to be doing with Maru, but,” he inched closer with a pointed look, “I don’t like you…especially not after what you did to Sam.”
    “I get it…,” Alex mumbled, trying to hold his gaze.
    “Not trying to be a jerk alright…just looking out for my sister.”
    As you should…, he thought with a nod.

Sebastian sighed again as he continued to stare Alex down. He wasn’t blind either. Anyone could see how much Alex’s eyes lit up whenever Maru was near, but he was still not entirely convinced of the man’s motives. He really didn’t want to start another fight either, especially on Christmas day. “Look, all I’m asking is, if your feelings and intentions are not pure towards my sister then please just end whatever relationship you have with her right now. She doesn’t need anyone screwing up her life. Not when she has a bright future ahead of her.” Painfully he sounded like his step-dad just then, and maybe gained a little understanding in that regard, but right now, he didn’t care. He loved his half-sister. More than he ever realized before. And he’d be dam'ned if some guy tried to swoop in to take advantage of her brain and body and not sincerely give her the love and respect she deserved.

“Don’t worry. I would never disrespect her,” Alex surprised Sebastian by saying, knowing the brother’s thoughts. “We’re just friends. Honest.”
    “Good. I’m glad we have an understanding. Cause yeah anyone who hurts my sister, gets hurt by me,” Sebastian said, clenching a fist in a way that Alex would notice, for good measure.
    Alex did and he nodded.

52059868401_2405770162_c.jpg

In the distance, near the stereo, Sam and Maru were happily conversing about how nice the day was going and all the wonderful gifts they had seen given. Maru mostly approached him to congratulate his new relationship with Haley.

“Why you still being friendly with Alex?” Sam couldn’t help asking her, a little bothered by it. “You do realize he’s the one who started the fight with me, right?”
    “Yes…”
    “Then what gives?”

52059869286_253185121a_c.jpg

Maru chose her words carefully. “Let’s just say that he’s my friend too and…I’m working on him.”
    Sam arched a curious eyebrow at her. “Alex? A friend of yours?
    “Uh, Haley? A girlfriend of yours?”
    “Hey now.”
    “Well…,” she spread her hands apart with a shrug, then chuckled.
    Sam shook his head with a grin. “Dang you’re good…”
    “I know I am,” she declared with confidence. “That’s why I’m asking you to trust me. I’m not siding with Alex and throwing our friendship away if that’s what you’re concerned about.”
    “No…not really,” he answered while digging at the rug with his big toe.
    Maru found it cute. “You’ve been a good friend and ‘brother’ to me Sam.” She smiled. “Especially during this quest when we felt like we were the odd ones out.”
    “That really was a fun night…,” he smiled.
    “Yes, it was…I’ll never forget that kiss.”
    “Me neither.”

They grinned at each other with rosy cheeks for a moment.

“So uh…you actually considering dating Alex or what?” he dared to ask.
    Maru gaped at him in a somewhat dramatic fashion.
    “C’mon Maru, it would make sense. You two are the only one’s left of the group that aren’t together…” He smirked.
    “Hey weren’t we just talking about how that was you and I not too long ago? And that didn't lead to anything.”
    “Yeah! But we ended up kissing even when we ultimately knew it wouldn’t lead to anything so, HA!”
    I knew that! You on the other hand were hoping…,” she smirked back.
    “Hey, be nice to me…I was in a sad, desperate place back then okay!”
    Maru smiled. “I know…and look, now you have the girl you always dreamed of having. I really am happy for you Sam. I wish you both a long and healthy relationship. You both deserve that.”

52059869566_b2dd377f54_c.jpg

“Thanks Maru.”
    “She better treat you right,” she frankly concluded with folded arms.
    “She will,” he assured in a slight tone of annoyance, but he understood why she expressed it. “I sure hope you find the perfect guy someday. If your smarts don’t scare them off.” He stuck his tongue out.
    Maru shook her head.

“Merry Christmas little sister!” Emily joyfully said to Haley with a squeezing hug in front of the Christmas tree.
    “Merry Christmas Emmy!”
    “Oh wow…it’s been a long time since you called me that…”

52058828447_9263917a11_c.jpg

“I know,” Haley said as they broke the hug. “For some reason I felt like saying it again.”
    Emily smiled, her heart swelling with love.

There were so many things Haley wanted to say to her big sister in this moment, but the simplest way to express it all was to say, “I love you.”

52059870536_11024c1cef_c.jpg

Hearing those three words from Haley, when she couldn’t remember the last time she did, made Emily’s eyes glisten with incoming tears. Her heart felt so full. “I love you too,” she said, taking her little sister into a hug again.

“Your hair is so trés chic by the way!” Haley grinned. Some terms she just couldn’t stop using. “My compliments to your Stylist. What was her name again?” She jokingly gripped her chin in thought.
    Emily just shook her head. She liked that some things about her sister would always stay the same.

During the next few hours before Christmas dinner some of them played video or board games while others napped or engaged in a snowball fight outside.

In one moment Abigail thought about her ghostly friend Donna and how she ought to look for her and wish her a Merry Christmas. At nightfall, she decided. Maybe she would bring Sebastian along for Donna to meet. He’d flip! In a good way.

With help from every single person in the group, Christmas dinner was smelling divine and ready to be served. It naturally consisted of a browned, juicy turkey, stuffing, cranberry, mashed potatoes and gravy, a fancy salad for a healthy side and of course…Christmas cookies for dessert.

52060103494_fceb79b5db_c.jpg

The conversations around the table were filled with joy, happiness, and laughter. Like at a big family reunion when all felt good in life being surrounded by loved ones. One could almost see the magic in the air. Maybe they all did. They talked and talked well into the late hours of the night. It was a Christmas they would never forget, cherished in their hearts for years and years to come.

52060342230_18014421b7_c.jpg

🎄

More Author's Notes on this scene later. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    @bekkasan
    Perfect little scene for the mother to be on 'our' Mother's Day in the real world.
    ^I totally thought the same thing. :smiley:<3
    Thanks for the compliments. :kissing_heart:

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you chica. <3

Can't wait to hear both of your thoughts on the big Christmas scene. :mrgreen: No rush. Really. <3 It's a LONG one! 😅
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Alrighty everyone! :smiley:

So I thought I would share a few "behind the scenes" things about the Christmas scene in Chapter 18. (The final chapter... :cry:*sniff* )

While it feels like the end of that scene could definitely be a nice place to conclude the story of course we know that it's not meant to end there. ;) For 2 YEARS now (wow) this quest has been just as much of a mystery to all of you as it has been to the 12 characters (although I get the feeling some of you have already figured it out. :smirk: But...you never know when Author Em is going to throw out a curveball, am I right? :smirk::p ) Anyway,

When I began staging for this scene I had to give 7 or 8 of the characters new Sleepwear because what they currently had on wasn't exactly appropriate for a group setting where they would be opening presents together on Christmas morning. :lol: (Can we say Haley everyone? :joy: ) So that was fun to do, especially doing the matching pajamas for Harvey, Penny, Elliott, and Leah. Elliott and Leah's was easy to throw together, but I struggled coming up with the right pattern for Harvey and Penny and even when I did, something still felt off about it. It was kinda driving me nuts! :grimace: It was simply after doing a little switchero of colors on the pattern that I cried out, "YES! I have found the perfect Christmas PJ's for them!" :star:

After the wardrobes were taken care of, I had each character take a lovely seat in the seats I designated for them (with "free will" turned off as well as needs set to "static" - that's always my trick for happy, healthy sims during staging ;) ) as was illustrated in the first 3 pictures of the scene when Harvey, and Haley, are speaking to the group.

In the 4th picture when everyone stood up in sync, that's what happened when I clicked on the pile of presents to "begin" the Gift Giving Party. My heart raced excitedly at the events that would unfold. :grin: And I had my finger above the "C" button at the ready.

Silly me though figured they would stay put and one by one go to the gift pile to grab a present and return to where they were previously standing to open the gift annnnd...in a perfect sim world that's how it would go, but as we all know, 'tis not so! :lol: They all went in various different directions around the room to grab and open their gift and for a moment it felt like the image I was hoping to create for this scene had been ruined. However, as is often in cases like these, we sim authors just roll with it and sometimes it ends up adding more depth, and most of the time, humor, to what we had originally planned to write. :blush: This is one reason why I had Sebastian tell Harvey that opening presents did not need to be "orchestrated" (perhaps he was really telling ME that :lol: ) and therefore represent why everyone scattered away from their significant others to open their gifts. (Which we see with Penny sitting on the floor alone to watch the gifts being opened. :p She was the only one that did that actually...) You gotta love EA's programming with this game sometimes...

When I was growing up, coming from a family of 7 children, opening up presents on Christmas was always orchestrated. :p From youngest first to oldest. Good times. :)

Anyway, most of the pictures I captured with couples cuddling together on the couch - Elliott and Leah in particular - were taken after the gift giving was over. :)

Abigail was the first out of the group to open a present and that enraged look on her face after opening it made me laugh SO hard that I HAD to pause and capture it and think of something to write in that would be epically worthy enough to make her react in such a way. :lol: Naturally of course, her best friend Sam - the funny guy and who I feel is a prankster at times - was the perfect candidate to be her "secret Santa." I will say that growing up with three very funny, and sometimes crude, brothers has helped me to write Sam and Sebastian's characters in a tremendously realistic way for two men in their early 20s. :blush:

Alex was pretty slow to open a gift in the game, which was perfect for his character at this point in time. :star: Haley's fake, grimacing grin after opening her present couldn't have been more perfect for her character as well. :lol: Sometimes the game does things on point and it was truly fun finding a creative way to write out what exactly each sim was thinking of - and doing - when they opened up their presents.

It was a little frustrating though because the game omitted Maru from opening up a present during the gift giving party... :disappointed: Now, I could've quit without saving (I always save before big events for reasons such as this and more) and gone back in to do the gift giving party again in hopes that the game would include her, however I decided to write around it instead, and I think it worked out better that way. :) Maru is a very private person and it made sense to me that she would want to open her gifts in a more private setting. Except of course when she wishes to give a personal gift to a good friend. <3

When she and Alex exchanged their gifts to each other I had to get creative and "doll up" the ribbon and wrapping paper on the gift she gave him so that it wouldn't look like they were giving each other the same gift. Lol! I don't know if any of you noticed that little detail, but if so I hope it put a smile on your face. :blush: #myneedforrealism

Here's a list of what everyone got as their first gift (only 3 of them opened up second gifts actually and I missed recording what they were...):

Elliott: Artsy Easel
    Abby: Amphib-clops plush :lol:
    Emily: Tiger-vine plant
    Leah: Artsy Easel
    Haley: Mood light candle
    Sebastian: Video game console
    Shane: Amphib-clops plush :lol:
    Sam: Guitar
    Penny: Stereo
    Harvey: Chess table
    Alex: Modern orchid :lol:
    Maru: Nothing :cry:

Looking at the list you can see how I incorporated those gifts into the story in some form or another. (Leah and Elliott did indeed get the same gift.😄 ) I have never had a sim receive the "Amphib-clops plush" before so that was very humorous to discover. :lol:

Oh yeah, that moment where Haley strikes the most perfect pose and face expression in response to Harvey and Penny's make-out session on the couch was ALL from the game and I loved the heck out of it! :lol: I think it was from her Diva trait.

And on that note you might find it cool to know that not a SINGLE Poseplayer pose was used in this scene. :star: (As opposed to many of my other scenes.) :)

Anyway that's all the "Author's Notes" I have to share about the Christmas scene. I hope y'all enjoyed it and it warmed your hearts. <3 I'm looking forward to writing more as we go into the Spring season of the story. :blush:

Thank you always for reading. <3
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Nope, no idea what this quest is all about, until its just finding their "true loves" amongst each other. Is it that?

Loved the setup and awesome job on using their in-game reactions to tell your story. I think that adds to the fun in trying to make sense of what they're doing. :mrgreen: Traits *DO* make a difference in their expressions!

Thank you for your author's notes as well. I find it fun to learn the behind the scenes stuff, too.

• Options
    @KevinL5275
    Nope, no idea what this quest is all about, until its just finding their "true loves" amongst each other. Is it that?
    ^Hmm...perhaps you are on to something there, but maybe not. :smirk: (Sorry, you know I have to tease. :p ) You'll see. :blush: I can't wait to reveal it, even though it will mean the end of the story... :cry:
    (Oh yeah, I haven't forgotten to gift you Haley, I just have a ton of distractions in life that keep putting in on hold. :(:kissing_heart: )

But yes, traits definitely do make a difference in sim's expressions. :lol: Sebastian has the loner trait and every time I turn around his eyes are all bugged out because too many people are around. :lol: I'm like, "Even when your two best friends are only a few feet away?" Silly game. :p

Thanks for the comments. <3 I'm glad you enjoyed it. :blush:
  • Options
    Hey friends. :grin:

***I have a question for all of you, that will prove helpful in writing & illustrating the next part of the chapter.*** :blush:

What kind of sim activities would you imagine seeing - or would like to see - certain couples (including friends: Alex and Maru) doing for fun? :)

They're heading into Spring so outdoor activities are okay! :smiley:

Think about it and share with me your thoughts. :blush: Thanks a bunch! :kissing_heart:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top