Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New scenario: plantsim

So there is a new scenario out where you play as a plant sim. Do you think this is a hint at an upcoming occult pack or that this might be some sort of data gathering survey thingy where they want to see how many people actually play with the plantsim, to see if it deserves a refresh? What are your opinions?

And btw, #justiceforoccults

Comments

• Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    So there is a new scenario out where you play as a plant sim. Do you think this is a hint at an upcoming occult pack or that this might be some sort of data gathering survey thingy where they want to see how many people actually play with the plantsim, to see if it deserves a refresh? What are your opinions?

And btw, #justiceforoccults

I want both!!!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I agree.
  • wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    A new occult pack sounds like something that could be lots of fun. Gardening is one of my favorite hobbies in-game. I enjoyed the medium ability in the paranormal pack. It makes spellcasting even better.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Yes, I also find it odd that a new scenario involves plantsims... it just seems so 'out-of-the-blue' suddenly? There's never been any kind of emphasis on plantsims at all up to this point (except for when they first added them), so maybe they are going to do some kind of plantsim refresh in a future game update?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I'm personally no more interested in plantsims than I am in scenarios, but it's certainly possible that it's a hint to some kind of future content for them. Or maybe it's just no more than a proverbial bone thrown to those who are interested in getting ANY kind of love for plantsims. I hope for the sake of those that like them there will be more than just that bone, though. Also, I likes me some occult content but #ImNotIntoHashtags #OhWait
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Plantsims are the only occult I am interested in (loved playing with Rose Greenman back in the day)! But I don't like them in TS4!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    #JusticeForOccult my friends!
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I think maybe because it's spring they wanted to do a gardening scenario? I hope it means they are going to update the plant sim life state though
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I think maybe because it's spring they wanted to do a gardening scenario? I hope it means they are going to update the plant sim life state though

I didn't even think about Spring, and that's because I'm in the Southern hemisphere. But I think that might actually be the reason and I was just really hoping for something occult related, which is why I read to much into it....
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    I guess the question to ask is what other abilities could be added to the plantsim to make them more fun/interesting? I haven't played the previous sims games, so I don't know if there is anything in those original games that could be used, but I'm curious.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Werescythe, in Sims 3 plantsims were better gardeners than other Sims, could send flower kisses to other Sims and could also poison them with poison kisses. They also could absorb puddles to replenish their water motive, which was a cool way to clean up puddles.

Beyond that, It would be cool if they took another page from DC Comics' Poison Ivy and gave them the ability to make plants grow, and it would be even cooler if they added "mega-sized" varieties to all the plants that only a the Plantsim's growth ability could achieve.
    There's also the mind controlling abilities, but at that point they are just rehashing things we already have in the game through other methods/lifestates.

Ultimately, you aren't wrong that it is not a particularly interesting lifestate, but it could at least be a LOT more interesting than it is right now.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Werescythe, in Sims 3 plantsims were better gardeners than other Sims, could send flower kisses to other Sims and could also poison them with poison kisses. They also could absorb puddles to replenish their water motive, which was a cool way to clean up puddles.

Beyond that, It would be cool if they took another page from DC Comics' Poison Ivy and gave them the ability to make plants grow, and it would be even cooler if they added "mega-sized" varieties to all the plants that only a the Plantsim's growth ability could achieve.
    There's also the mind controlling abilities, but at that point they are just rehashing things we already have in the game through other methods/lifestates.

Ultimately, you aren't wrong that it is not a particularly interesting lifestate, but it could at least be a LOT more interesting than it is right now.

All of that sounds like it would be a fun addition to the Sims 4 honestly. :smile:
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD