Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which expansion is the least essential for you?

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
Thought this would be an interesting thread idea; out of all the expansions that you own for the Sims 3 which is the least essential for you and would have the least impact on your gameplay if you turned it off? (Had to exclude seasons as there's 11 packs and you can only include 10 on a poll, but feel free to comment it instead if that's your choice)

Which expansion is the least essential for you? 91 votes

World Adventures
4%
EvvieSimmerPeachesnDucksSimmer2500LIL_Lilly 4 votes
Ambitions
1%
cody6268 1 vote
Late Night
1%
Emily4331 1 vote
Generations
5%
TasaarSimplyJenBlackSandmw1525TheRachsterRach 5 votes
Pets
6%
FelicityOnverserStephStebMantleJackalEricasFreePlaycomicsforlife 6 votes
Showtime
19%
SlayeurTownc_ferrissnoepjes1210texxx78Lucy_HenleybritpopsimsLinamintstexanskylowpolygalNikkei_SimmerSeashoreLiviaRememberJoyizecsonKeiomestrefantuanssks0Diam0nd_Lightchad_chan 18 votes
Supernatural
6%
g01denswanandyb9274Sorak4BreazonaStrawberryYogurtpaladinx333 6 votes
University Life
5%
alanmichael1IreneSwiftCAPTAIN_NXR7SimmingalSimexpert123 5 votes
Island Paradise
8%
ncisGibbs02becks1112Astrophunktasticjoe89BrandontaylorSERVERFRAelleskyheartTurjan 8 votes
Into the Future
40%
auroraael14MichelleWGraceyManoryesme88maggiemae8135simgirl1010airotciv54emorrilljillbgCarminemilly001pearlbhbenson2006bekkasanmariajane216pandabear1836Techbiltwendyyi1thuggishsplicerColton147147 37 votes

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Pets
    For me it's pets, love pets in real life but they've never interested me in sims games so I don't touch much from that pack and it's always the first to go if I need to disable a pack to make the game run faster :# Second would be university but I love the roommates feature so that makes it more essential for me
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Island Paradise
    Island Living as it was the one I used the least. I ended up just placing houseboats on land and converting them. I only liked one female hair. The lifeguard career was crazy and annoying.
    It made my game laggy. Took it out after a couple of months.

I really love Pets but you can’t control how many wild animals it makes. I don’t know if there’s a mod. I think that’s the lag. All those chipmunks, deers, raccoons and wild horses running around. How is a unicorn a life state for a Sim? Missed opportunity for centaurs.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited April 2022
    Showtime
    Have to have Ambitions. There’s self employment careers in that EP.

and of course…

Guess this is what happens when you put junk-piles and det-packs together. 😁
    Screenshot-72.jpg

As I said before, the only reason I got Showtime was to get the Banana plant. That’s the sole reason I have it. I spent $19.99CDN for a Banana plant. 🙄
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited April 2022
    Into the Future
    With Into The Future, I really only like some of the furniture and decor items, the soil rugs, and the dip kiss interaction. I never travel to the future, in fact I sell the portal as soon as it shows up (because my Sims need the cash).
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,140 Member
    Of the ones I have, I don't know, Ambitions maybe, because I have yet to make use of the careers?

Of the ones I don't have.... Showtime, maybe. I haven't played it, but it sounds useless/not interesting to me. I might... might have considered it, if the singing career could have been combined with the bands from Nightlife to have bands with vocalists.. like real bands.. but since that isn't possible, Simon pushes the red button and says "No". ;)

Also, secondly, probably World Adventures.. all my story lines happen on a fictional planet anyway, so France, China and Egypt doesn't exist there. ;) Similar places might exist, but eh.. it's not very tempting to spend money on... there are still many features and things from my already installed expansion packs I have yet to use to its fullest, I don't need more.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    University Life
    Uni was great in TS2 and bad in TS3 & 4. TS4 Uni is even better than 3 because it has great skills.
  • Diam0nd_LightDiam0nd_Light Posts: 3 New Member
    Showtime
    I started this year [Jan 2022] with a fresh install of The Sims 3, including all of the expansions, and some stuff packs.
    The exceptions being:
    ----Fast Lane Stuff (as I don't care for cars much)
    ----Katy Perry's Sweet Treats Stuff (gag me with candy? thanking you not)
    ----Diesel Stuff (again with the cars. what's so wrong with clown bikes?)
    ----70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff (bell bottoms yes, otherwise I'd dread reliving those decades)

I chose to eliminate Showtime simply for my lackluster enthusiasm for the SimPort. It has as much appeal as sharing memories and wall posts on social media - which is zero. To be fair, I have not explored much of the Showtime features, though I suspect after being more acquainted with Showtime, I'd still put it at the bottom of the list because the other expansions are just too intriguing!
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    University Life
    Showtime is a fantastic EP. It has the best TS3 EP world (Starlight Shores), wonderful BB and the careers are so much fun! I want the singers and magicians back ...
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Generations
    It may sound a little weird considering we are talking about a life simulator game, but for me Generations is my least essential expansion pack.

Because my Sims live in a rabbit hole-less world (for the most). When it comes to various life changing events and celebrations, I tend to like to create them myself because I can add more detail to the event than the game is designed to do. Plus, I have the added bonus of being able to attend and screenshot events which were made for the rabbit-hole, such as prom.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Generations

My younger Sims have far more productive things to do than play around ... <3

Most of them have earned over half a million Simoleons by the time they are teens.
    They excel in school and gain all the skills they can.

If they want to have a party, then they have a party ... :D

51548004771_22226ed26f_k.jpg

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    Generations
    Onverser wrote: »
    For me it's pets, love pets in real life but they've never interested me in sims games so I don't touch much from that pack and it's always the first to go if I need to disable a pack to make the game run faster :# Second would be university but I love the roommates feature so that makes it more essential for me

Pets is the one I use the least, and leave out of the standard lineup on the Launcher.

I like all the options and wish they would work well for me, but it doesn't play well with my computer.
    For some crazy reason, when I load Pets and let it run for a while in a world ... Everything gets unbelievably laggy.
    Sooner or later ... Mostly later and after I have invested time in something ... It will just crash to desktop, no warning.

Happy Simming!

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited April 2022
    University Life
    Whew I was so prepared to end up in awful dilemma thinking this was ts4 thread and what im gonna do having used the packs all messed up everywhere so i couldnt possibly remove even stuff pack im fairly sure i don't use cause i probably used it in some weird way

until i saw the ts3 options and was greatly relieved of burdens :lol:

yeah this is much easier to me :lol:
    only one vlad and his family there now

I think I could most easily remove university because ts3 university is waaay too stressful for my perfectionism so i played it probably like once had mental breakdown and never again

and actually when i went back to playing ts3 with vladdy and installed it i was just so underwhelmed by the build buy section

like huh does this even add anything aside from you know, university and turns out veeery little items that you don't already have via other packs

and cas in ts3 is completely useless to me anyway if there was something there

also Island paradise and Into the Future definitely are on delete list

not because I can get rid of them but i have to if i want my game run faster than snail like keeping them installed is not even option if i want all the other things
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    Into the Future
    Apart from the soil rugs, I don't use much from ITF. My sims have only been to the future twice and only for a brief visit.
    Generations
    wendyyi1 wrote: »
    Apart from the soil rugs, I don't use much from ITF. My sims have only been to the future twice and only for a brief visit.

Everyone has their own favorites I guess.
    I would have almost bought Into the Future just for the All-In-One Shower ... :D

I have run the Bot Builder side, but never made a big deal out of following the Future storyline.

Happy Simming!

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Into the Future
    I like them all, but Into the Future is very self contained so I could remove this expansion and most of my regular gameplay would be the same. World Adventures is fairly self contained as well, but I really enjoy it more honestly.

Plus, the release windows made the experience night and day. World Adventures was the beginning adventure of 3 and Into the Future was looking into the future by hinting at 4.

Into the Future and World Adventures set the standards for how I want alternate worlds/timelines and vacations done in the Sims series, so I still appreciate them both greatly, but I could do most I do normally without Into the Future.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited April 2022
    Even though I don't have TS3 because I have too many games on my computer, I couldn't get myself to make any of those non-essential.

I love them all, but if Pets didn't have horses I would have said that. But I love horses in TS3.
    I don't give out Cats or dogs and I remember being annoyed when the game would force a pet on various households.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Island Paradise
    Sims 4 Island Living is so way better than Island Paradiso. ;)
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Into the Future
    I use ITF the least amount. There are a few things I like as far as objects and CAS items, but as someone else mentioned I never go to the future and I sell the portal asap.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Supernatural
    Incredibly unpopular opinion but I mostly got SN because the bridge from it is used a lot in custom worlds..I honestly had lots of fun with it when I was younger (playing on a friends pc) but by the time I got sims 3 for myself I had no interest in supernatural sims (except maybe aliens). One of my sims in my 4th gen is a witch and I just haven't played her in ages. I want to enjoy them so bad! I feel boring!
    made forum appropriate since shes insane and likes to beekeep and garden in a swimsuit! Inked-Screenshot-422-LI.jpg
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited April 2022
    University Life
    Breazona wrote: »
    Incredibly unpopular opinion but I mostly got SN because the bridge from it is used a lot in custom worlds..I honestly had lots of fun with it when I was younger (playing on a friends pc) but by the time I got sims 3 for myself I had no interest in supernatural sims (except maybe aliens). One of my sims in my 4th gen is a witch and I just haven't played her in ages. I want to enjoy them so bad! I feel boring!
    made forum appropriate since shes insane and likes to beekeep and garden in a swimsuit! Inked-Screenshot-422-LI.jpg

tbh can't blame you because ts3 supernaturals just never felt as magical to me as previous and later iterations it has some fun occult things ofcourse like krakens and magic mirrors and that kinda jazz but occults themselves kinda fell flat to me really fast
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    University Life
    As I said before, the only reason I got Showtime was to get the Banana plant. That’s the sole reason I have it. I spent $19.99CDN for a Banana plant. 🙄

That's totally reasonable, in my opinion. I bought Late Night for the pianos, and Supernatural for the new plants, new recipes, and the gem cutter.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Showtime
    Although i enjoy the careers i can't think of not playing with any of the other expansions.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    I'm hesitating between Showtime and Into the Future because unless I'm experimenting very specific story ideas or just testing the new gameplay features, I never really use them that much otherwise.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Showtime
    Don't use much of showtime feature.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Late Night
    I read the title as "most essential" so...that's awkward. :sweat_smile: Ahem, I'll just amend my vote in comment form:

Supernatural. Simply, I don't play supernaturals. In fact, I de-occult every occult sim in new saves. Is it a little weird that just a normal guy ends up having the surname "Fangmann"? Yes. But, oh well. :tongue: But, I mean, if you're also curious as to why Late Night is my essential one, that's simple too - 99.99999% of my games take place in Bridgeport. :lol:

Also, god bless @izecson because if I didn't read his comment I would have just posted "tee hee me like Bridgeport" and looked like a gigantic smooth brain. :lol: Funnily enough, after I voted I saw all the Showtime votes and was like "wow I didn't know that many people messed with Showtime stuff." :neutral: