Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets talk shoes.

StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
What's your shoe size? I'm a 6 thru 7 in most shoes. In Croc's I'm a size 5.

How many pairs of shoes do you own? I own less than 10 pairs.

How much were your cheapest pair of shoes? Mine was 5 bucks. A knock off pair of crocs. I love them. No matter what I step in, they are so easy to clean!

How much were your most expensive pair of shoes? Mine was 45$. Black suede clogs. They are pretty.

Flip Flops? Yes.

What color are the majority of your shoes? Mine, blue. Black a close 2nd.

Have you ever worn stilettos to the fair? Did you regret it? No, I haven't. I walked about a mile down a gravel road in heels, Regretted that! Haha! The walk back was rough.

Tell me your shoe story. I've seen people in heels at Disney World! Was that you?

Comments

• naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    What's your shoe size? I'll plead the fifth.

How many pairs of shoes do you own? About 10, but I only wear two pair (my black Vans or black Nike slides) consistently. Most of my shoes are sneakers my fiancé bought me or heels he bought me.

How much were your cheapest pair of shoes? Not sure!

How much were your most expensive pair of shoes? I'm not sure, but I know one pair of sneakers my fiancé bought me were $450, so probably that pair.

Flip Flops? Yes.

What color are the majority of your shoes? Black or pink.

Have you ever worn stilettos to the fair? Did you regret it? No, but I used to model & do pageants/fashion shows when I was younger & I always wore heels then. I definitely regret it now. I'm only in my 20s but the toll constantly wearing heels took on my knees make me feel much older lol.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Shall I assume you're 6 through 7, in women's, then?

I have a tortured relationship with shoes because my feet are widest at the toes and I can't stand anything that squeezes my toes.

I typically wear a 12 (men's) in order to get enough toe room, but my latest pair of boots were 13s, but I notice that the official size of a shoe has little to do with how much actual room there is on the inside, so in one brand, an 11 is roomy and in another, 12 is too cramped inside and I need a 13, wild as that seems to me.

Cheapest shoes were some I thrifted, like some flipflops.

Number of pairs currently: boots, walking shoes, outdoor/rugged sandals, slides, indoor loafers: 5 pairs.

Colors? 3 shades of brown, one tan, and one navy.

I have tried on heels just for laughs and I am amazed that anyone ever wears them by choice, they are so painful. But somehow, most of the ways our society has deemed that women should express their femininity, have involved putting them in either pain, or at least discomfort and inconvenience.

I wear flip flops in summer, yes, at least around the house and maybe to the grocery store, but for anything outdoors wear rugged sandals.

My most expensive shoes were a little over $200, Keens waterproof work boots.

My shoe story is, I just want comfortable ones, one each for each basic purpose, and I hate having to shop for new ones because it's so hard to find something that works for my feet.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    What's your shoe size? EU 36 (UK 3, US 5)

How many pairs of shoes do you own? Not sure, some are in storage. Maybe 10? I mostly wear Adidas Superstar, sometimes Converse.

How much were your cheapest pair of shoes? I have no idea. Must have been some slippers or clogs bought long ago that I don't use anymore or have thrown away.

How much were your most expensive pair of shoes? I don't know, but I think they were a pair of black leather boots that I got as a present many years ago.

Flip Flops? No.

What color are the majority of your shoes? White.

Have you ever worn stilettos to the fair? Did you regret it? Never worn stilettos.

Tell me your shoe story. I don't have a good shoe story. Maybe that wearing Converse for too long gives me a burning sensation under my arches. Not much of a story. :lol:

cUrfGkA.gif
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    Shoe size: US 8

How many shoes? Way too many. I have a whole wardrobe of shoes I probably can’t wear now. I bought them when one of my feet got broken and I needed shoes that wouldn’t make the swelling worse. That lasted for over a year, but now that the swelling has gone down, I need to get rid of them.

Cheapest pair? $1 flip flops for camping.

Most expensive pair? I don’t do designer brands and I always get shoes on sale. My most expensive pair are Vionic sandals that I paid full price for, so about $120 US.

Flip flops? All the time, though I have switched to more supportive flip flops or other sandal versions for my foot and back health. I like Vionic, Sketchers Reggae and Chaco for that.

What color? All colors.

Stilettos? Nope. Gave up heels years ago. Dress flats or wedges for me.

Shoe story: I’ve always worn funky shoes since I was a teenager. My favorite was a pair of blue and black saddle shoes with a white stacked heel that had peace fingers stenciled on the back and “LOVE” stenciled on the saddle. I still have those. I was somewhat boho in the day. My other favorites were a pair of moccasin short boots and red and yellow “bowling” shoes, complete with size 8 on the back. I still,wear moccasins, Converse, and funky colors and designs.

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited April 2022
    What's your shoe size?

42 EU idk the american sizes but basically its like the last size of female shoe that most of the time doesn't even exist for nice shoes cause for some reason universe has decided to stop the sizes either at 40 or 41

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

winter shoes
    (ankle boots with medium heel)

summer shoes
    (black sneakers)

old sandals with small heel
    (don't really use cause i prefer my feet covered but they as good as new so i don't really have heart to get rid of them either)

crocs
    (aka the accident shoes that keep tripping me but i keep cause i can't be bothered to put on proper shoes to run around yard doing whatever it is im doing)

indoor slippers if those count
    (gifted to me by family member last christmas)

that makes... 5

How much were your cheapest pair of shoes?

idk its probably the crocs but I didn't buy them (mom did) so can't know

How much were your most expensive pair of shoes?

i literally don't own shoes that cost more than 20e so like erm :sweat_smile:

Flip Flops?
    no no and also no the toe thingy would literally murder me in like 5 seconds
    + I also don't really vibe with the look either so that too +unlike crocs my mom won't randomly buy me flipflops cause she hates them too and im sure my accident crocs will outlive me anyway so i can flopflop with them to my grave unfashionably

What color are the majority of your shoes?
    all of them are black

Have you ever worn stilettos to the fair?
    I don't own stilettos... and if i did go to fair (which is miracle in itself) i wouldn't wear them anyway cause in long hours of walking situations i go for the sneakers

if its just standing in place though i might prefer little bit of heel because i have hypermobile knee joints and having heel there sort of prevents my knees from locking in weird position

Tell me your shoe story. I've seen people in heels at Disney World! Was that you?

no there is no disney world in my country
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    edited April 2022
    What's your shoe size? Varies between UK 6 and 8 depending on the style of shoes. I have wide feet with a deep bridge but they are also short in length and with narrow heels and ankles. If I want to find a shoe in a style I actually like, I usually have to wear slightly longer than my feet. Recently switched to men's shoes for trainers because they seem to allow more depth in men's shoes than in women's.

How many pairs of shoes do you own? 12. Some are old ones bought for different occasions/activities that I haven't used for ages. Others are for work and leisure. My feet are quite shoe intolerant, I don't like them to sweat, don't like anything that crunches my toes in or feels tight and anything that's not soft padding I can feel rubbing through my socks after an hour, so I have different shoes for summer and winter and also for different terrains. Finding something comfortable can be a challenge.

How much were your cheapest pair of shoes? Probably about £10? I can't remember what they were though.

How much were your most expensive pair of shoes? I don't think I've ever paid more than £85 for shoes and those were ones for work.

Flip Flops? Occasionally in the garden or out the front if I need to slip on something to take out the bins.

What color are the majority of your shoes? All sorts.

Have you ever worn stilettos to the fair? Did you regret it? Never worn stilettos as most of them are too narrow for my feet, plus I can't balance on those tiny pinpoint heels!

Tell your shoe story. Think I might have already told it above. I wish there was more of a range for wide-footed women because most of the styles I like (brightly coloured, converse, lace ups) don't seem to have a wide feet option.

How can this post possibly be 4 characters too short?!
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    What's your shoe size?
    Usually around an 8

IDK a fair bit but I only wear like 3 of them lol. I just don't clean out my closet enough lol.

How much were your cheapest pair of shoes? IDK I'd imagine it's a pair of Walmart shoes probably on clearance for $5 or so.

How much were your most expensive pair of shoes? $110, steel toe shoes for work.

Flip Flops? No. I used to love them but I damaged my feet too badly I can't wear them anymore. I live in skechers sneakers now.

What color are the majority of your shoes? Brown or black.

Have you ever worn stilettos to the fair? Did you regret it? No. I'm from Alberta we wear cowboy boots to the fair. I did regret those though, until skechers makes cowboy boots imma just stick to sneakers.

Tell me your shoe story. I've seen people in heels at Disney World! Was that you? No. I'd die in heels at somewhere like that. I only wear them if I'm not walking much. And even then I don't wear them much. I just am very simple when it comes to shoes just give me my sneakers. They're comfy and dependable and life is good.
    Tell your shoe story. Think I might have already told it above. I wish there was more of a range for wide-footed women because most of the styles I like (brightly coloured, converse, lace ups) don't seem to have a wide feet option.

they always looking for the bigfoot

never thinking of making shoe for the bigfoot :cry:
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

Voi voi, makkara! (Sorry, I don't know the word for plum in Finnish). I don't know why that persists. People grow taller and have bigger feet now on average than decades ago, but the shoe stores don't keep up with the times. :neutral:

My feet are on the smaller side and medium wide, I think (haven't done any measurements), so I can find shoes in my size most of the time. 10-15 years ago I bought white and black Adidas Superstar shoes in 36 and later a pair in 36,5 to wear with thicker socks in winter, and a white and silver pair, and then a black and white pair. No problem. I still have them except for the black and white pair that got cracks in the leather on the outer side where the toes bend. Lol, I love Adidas, and my sims wear them, but haven't bought a new pair in years for myself.

Here's the size 36 pair, waiting for spring. The rubber doesn't look that yellow irl. :smile:

o9zsDP0.jpg

Funny, @StilettoBlack asked about stilettos, and I have a pic of my selfsim wearing a pair of black stilettos. :lol: The pic on the right is more my style, though.

KzNkTGW.jpg

cUrfGkA.gif
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,070 Member
    edited April 2022
    What's your shoe size?
    9 US, though it varies slightly depending on the type of shoe.

Currently I have more than a dozen pairs.

I don't recall exactly, but probably around $10.

Again, I don't remember exactly, but probably somewhere between $75 and $100. I have a really nice pair of heels and a fancy pair of flats that cost somewhere in that price range.

Flip Flops?
    Yes, I have a couple pairs but don't wear them on a regular basis.

More than half of them are black.

Have you ever worn stilettos to the fair? Did you regret it?
    No, never have before. That sounds like foot torture.

Never been to Disney World, so that wasn't me you saw. :D I only wear heels on special occasions or to formal events. When out in public, I prefer to wear shoes that look stylish but are comfortable and support my feet well. Around home I usually wear tennis shoes, and for camping and other outdoor activities I have some nice hiking boots.
    edited April 2022
    Cororon wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »

Voi voi, makkara! (Sorry, I don't know the word for plum in Finnish). I don't know why that persists. People grow taller and have bigger feet now on average than decades ago, but the shoe stores don't keep up with the times. :neutral:

Plum= luumu :lol:

yeah well its probably also that I am big in all dimensions :lol: like even if you find shoes size canoe its still lacking the width or then theres not enough space for like top part *sighs*

i guess its just universe making sure i don't become obsessed with shoes and start a collection :lol:
  • hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    edited April 2022
    What's your shoe size? 3-4. Idk what that is outside the UK.

How many pairs of shoes do you own? About 6.

How much were your cheapest pair of shoes? Idk.

How much were your most expensive pair of shoes? Probably no more than about £20.

Flip Flops? No.

What color are the majority of your shoes? Each of them are a different colour. I think I have 2 black pairs though.

Have you ever worn stilettos to the fair? Did you regret it? I've never worn them, never will.

Tell me your shoe story. Well, I was born with feet, I soon learnt to walk, then I needed shoes so my feet didn't hurt, or get dirty or cold outside. And I still wear shoes today.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    I enjoyed reading all the responses!
    My sister is a size 8. Back in the early 90's there were shoes called LA Gear. She somehow ended up with 4 or 5 pair, all size 8, but they were the cutest shoes ever! She gave me a pair and my little feet just slid around in them, but I wore them out. The shoes were so cool I didn't even care if it looked like I had big feet.

Shoe history time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwLW5YIylsQ
    Wait, what? I can buy MJ's LA GEAR Billy Jean shoe's? $350. Ha! More expensive today! Aw, I miss him.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    What's your shoe size?
    Women's US size 8

Too many, I believe I had 70 pairs before I donated a bunch the last time I moved.

I’m really not sure

A cute pair of cowboy boots that were $250 when I lived in Mississippi

Flip Flops?
    For sure!!

Nude, black, white and brown. I do have shoes with color though too

This is an oddly specific question as the fairs we have are mostly boots because the paths and barns are dusty. I feel like that’s a different type of fair. But I don’t typically wear stilettos unless I’m dressing up for a nice dinner, a formal event, something like that. And I always have some flats on hand just in case!

I have never been to DW but you wouldn’t catch me there in heels! I care about my feet way too much.
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2022
    What's your shoe size?
    35 in mainland China, actually one foot is estimated to be 34.5, probably equivalent to 4-5 in UK and US. I always feel that one side shoe is a little longer

How many pairs of shoes do you own? - How much were your most expensive pair of shoes?
    Don't know or remember

Flip Flops?
    No

Black and white

No, I have even only wear thick heels
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    What's your shoe size?

No idea. Boxes full that I should throw out.

$8! A pair of comfy sneakers I found on sale, they were fluorescent lime green, but that's okay, because they were only $8!! :smiley:

Can't remember. Maybe a pair of dark brown and gold leather sandals that were over $100 I bought for a summer vacation to the Mediterranean. They were the most comfortable and elegant sandals I ever had, but they didn't last too long.

Flip Flops?
    Everyday around the house.

Black, grey, brown, blue ... and 1 lime fluorescent green. :wink:

To the fair? I just picture that with cobblestone or gravel road, so heck no, but I did like wearing stiletto heels once in a while until my early 30's when they started to hurt. It's nice to feel a bit taller.

Never been to Disney World. My shoe story is one of pain and suffering and often Band-Aids on the backs of my ankles. I have wider toes and smaller ankles, so it's hard to find women's shoes that fit properly or comfortably since they are always so narrow at the toe or loose at the ankle.
    Sorry I mentioned Disney World. I see the future sometimes. lol
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,828 Member
    edited April 2022
    deleted
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on