The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims games had your personal favorite occult(s) OR favorite magical/otherworldly gameplay?

LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
Which Sims game or games had your personal favorite occult(s) or favorite magical/otherworldly gameplay? Was it one game or elements of multiple games? What elements did you love about your favorite occults in the game?

My favorite supernaturals in general tend to be merfolk and (good natured, friendly) fairies, so I’m between Sims 3 and Sims 4. I also love spellcasters, so again, Sims 3 and Sims 4.

I love elements of the mermaids from both Sims 3 and Sims 4, though I miss the underwater exploration for mermaids and the kraken from Sims 3, and Sims 3 had fairies while I use a fairies mod for Sims 4. I love elements of the Sims 3 fairies and the mod for Sims 4.

I enjoyed vampires in Sims 3 and Sims 4, but especially Sims 4.

I loved genies from Sims 3 and enjoyed some of the witch gameplay in Sims 3 and spellcasters from Sims 4 RoM.

I was not a fan of Sims 2 occults, and I didn’t play much of Making Magic in Sims 1. (I think that was the magical pack?)

So, yeah, for me, it’s between Sims 3 and Sims 4, particularly for the mermaids/merfolk and vampires.

I love elements of mermaids for both games: the customization of their tails, particularly the beautiful tail details and sharp teeth for Sims 4, and other elements like showing the tail in bathtub, the singing spells, the controlling of weather, the speaking to dolphins, attracting fish, and the intertwining of the mermaid tails as mermaids kiss in Sims 4. Sims 3 has some of the tail/scale color customization, the hydration death, the lovely underwater swimming and calling on the kraken and befriending sharks/fish. 🙂👍)
~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
(She/her)

Which Sims games had your personal favorite occult(s) OR favorite magical/otherworldly gameplay? 41 votes

Sims 1
7%
CinebarSorak4simmerorigin 3 votes
Sims 2
4%
EricasFreePlaySiggDiggit 2 votes
Sims 3
39%
heiblumealanmichael1TeeSeabenson2006viola-illyriamariajane216pandabear1836AstroRedShoe7BrandontaylorSERVERFRAnetney52SeasonedKatbookwormsimmer25Heathertibbchocolatefrosting 16 votes
Sims 4
24%
haneulsimgirl1010luthienrisingcyncieEnkiSchmidtKyreRoenmunroeleRememberJoyElliandreSallycutecat 10 votes
Other (multiple Sims games)
24%
maggiemae8135Anmirlabarracuda1574annaliese39LatinaBunnyKathykinsOldeseadoggeSimmingalCalico45Umbreon12 10 votes

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    Sims 4
    Spellcasters. Witches in Sims 2 are a close second.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,939 Member
    The Sims 1: I loved makin' magic and dragons so much and I still miss it every single day of simming

The Sims 2: this is where I fell in love with plantsims I loved how they could self produce their spawn so I would often just play one plantsim taking care of army of toddler plantsims and the garden :lol:

yeah miss that

The Sims 3: Kraken was probably my favourite as I don't believe i really ended up playing all the occults properly cause tbh idk what i even did during ts3 besides have performance issues and anger management problems :lol: memory is very vague on that one... maybe it was wiped by aliens... or maybe i just choose to forget my crimes for greater good

The Sims 4: Vampires still take the cake... I mean plasma cake ofcourse :innocent:

I do love other occults too but i always end up making vampires cause idk
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Sims 4
    I like the Sims 4 occults the most. I did really like the Sims 2 witches though.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sims 1
    Nothing can ever beat Makin' Magic in my mind.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I put other, because I am split on the occults, I like pretty much all of them across Sims 2 through Sims 4. I never played Sims 1, so I missed out on that.
    For Sims 2, I like that your Sim had to go out, and actually work to become a member of the occult. Or get abducted by aliens to get an alien hybrid, which you also had to work for.
    For Sims 3, I like how we pretty much had a world and pack dedicated to the occult. I liked how they added fairies, which were new to the franchise at the time. I liked how they mostly covered the supernatural, except werewolves, the werewolf forms just seemed off to me. Other than that, I really liked how Sims 3 occult too.
    I like Sims 4 occult as well, even though I kind of complain about the nerfing. I really like how you can look at the Vampire and Spellcastors, and kind of level them up. Vampires having a better chart though. I Like how you can make the mermaids, and they are really pretty. I also like how you can create aliens as well. I want more occults, though.
    I don't have a favorite of the occults, because I like all of them in their own ways.
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Sims 3
    TS3 wins for having the best supernatural pack in the franchise. An entire pack dedicated to supernatural things, with improvements to the vampires that already came with Bridgeport. My only issue is there's so much to do that I couldn't possibly play with all of them.

But I'll always love Makin' Magic.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,625 Member
    edited March 2022
    Sims 4
    I don’t play TS2 so never got a feel for supernatural play in that game. I have TS3 Supernatural and was a bit disappointed in it. I bought it mostly to do a Midsummer Night’s Dream type of Fairy realm, but never got around to it. I loved the idea of a dedicated magic world, and the variety was outstanding. However, I like the pack specific approach with TS4 because I can add what I want and skip the rest, or wait until later to get them. We just need more of them. Plus, TS4 magic animations are better (TS3 broom riding looked like someone lost their motorcycle), and the CAS and BB elements are so much more elegantly done than in TS3. Plus, Vlad and Morgyn!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    Sims 3
    Sims 3 had all my favorite occults.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    So, my favorite occult normally is the Sims witches. 2, 3, and even 1 if you count Makin' Magic. However, spell casters in 4 do not live up to my legacy of favoritism.

That being said, I think 4 has the best vampires in the Sims series and I adore them. I'd actually have difficulty choosing between my old witches and them.

All things considered, 3 wins out, though, for breadth and variety of supernatural content. 4's is thus far a pittance considering how few we have and how little some are fleshed out (ex. Aliens). Even if I like things like 4's mermaids, you cannot dispute how much more there was for them in 3 (an entire underwater world) that even normal Sims could take advantage of. 2 had a good line up and I liked the ways you would get turn, but it was kind of a pain in the butt to do it.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I only got Makin' magic a few years ago. Haven't gotten around to play with it much yet.

TS2 witches. With honorable mention to the vamps for their creepy walk and "Bleehh!"

TS3 Fairies. Tried other occults, like werewolf, but wasn't my cup o' tea back then.

TS4 vamps. Spellcaster is a close second.

I'm still waiting for TS4 fairies.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    A mix of TS2 & 4 as I have minimal experience with 3. TS2 does have werewolves, so it's entertaining revenge to turn Daniel Pleasant into one. Its vampires are restricted to turning folks, not the rest of it, so largely ignore them. The Contessa has a great gown for lady sims, though, so have often gotten creative in getting it for my ladies that are into older style outfits. Not a TS2 game goes on without at least one sim (usually several) getting into the magic one way or another. Found great CC that is tailored to magic users, and that game provided secret bookcase door is ideal for setting up hidden lairs.

TS4 has the best vampires, end of discussion. For some reason have not done much with TS4 magic, though such as have done has been fun (especially roasting Vlad). Perhaps the lack of activity is the feeling that it could have been done better, is somehow incomplete.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    edited March 2022
    Sims 3
    I've only played with Sims 3 occults so that's why I love Sims 3 occults the best. However, I have seen videos of Sims 4 occults and do wish Sims 3 would have had some of the abilities the Sims 4 occults have.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Sims 4
    Mermaids are my favourite. I like the way they look and they're a lot of fun to play as. I like the sound of the songs they sing, and how they can call over dolphins, and been able to talk to fish to fill their social need is very useful. (I find Social need the hardest to keep filled with regular Sims) The way mermaids in Sims 3 had scales on their legs on land and would die of dehydration would have put me off playing them if they were like that in Sims 4.

Sims 3 has fairies (which I have not played as, but from what I've seen they sound interesting). I would really like fairies to be added to The Sims 4. Then my favourite 2 occult would be in one game: Mermaids and fairies. I just hope they don't come in the same pack as werewolves or zombies like they did in Sims 3.

Sims 4 has the best aliens and Sims 2 has the best PlantSims. I would like proper PlantSims in Sims 4, but I'm not so bothered either way. I like the way each occult comes in their own pack in Sims 4. This way I get to choose which ones I want and not have unwanted occults with them and the ones that I do get are done better.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I never tried Sims 3 occults.

I liked Sims 2 witches and the good/evil system. Sims 2 plantsims were interesting to play. Sims 4 spellcasters are too common, but I like their spells more -- they're varied and useful.
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Sims 4
    I didn't play TS3 long enough to get to any occults aside from vampires, but i LOVED witches in TS2. But, I don't recall playing with any others, and seeing how much i LOVE vampires in TS4, I think I need to pick that. Spellcasters definitely aren't as good to me as witches were in TS2, but TS2 didn't have mermaids which I also enjoy, and Aliens are barely different to normal sims in 2.