March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you be interested by The Sims Netflix series ?

2...Next

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    At first I thought no but I changed my mind to yes because I actually enjoy following sims machima stories, and I love what players come up with and put together.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • RandomizedSimmerRandomizedSimmer Posts: 19 Member
    Other choice
    I mean, if it has lore like the Goth Family, and maybe it cuts to different families every episode, season 1 is WillowCreek, and they end the season with whatever world there is left.
    I mean if they had lore in TS4 then I'd actually watch it but I have mixed opinions, unless they plan to add more lore via netflix series.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    Other choice
    It would kind of depend on quite a bit of factors for a show to actually work.
    If you use the story mode from the Sims 2, you can have at least three story ideas. The Pleasantview world had the Bella Goth situation, the Pleasants, etc. I have a feeling they would go the Pleasantview route if they make an actual story-based series.
    I do not want another Spark'd series, the reality show concept doesn't really work with the Sims game.
    Watching others play the game can be viewed on Youtube for free, Netflix has a monthly fee. Not a bad idea, but people would probably want the free version of the game play.
    Kind of tied into the above, but I can only really see the history of the Sims being type of documentary, or people showing what each packs offers. Once again, I feel you run into the same issues. If someone already owns the pack, and there are people reviewing the pack, people would gravitate towards the free content.
    I don't really see the Sims in general really being made into a series, or anything.
    I chose other, because if they were able to make it work, then I would be interested in what they did with it.
  • hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    No
    No.

1, why "dark"? I'm very put off by anything that isn't family friendly because there's always some element that stoops to a tacky level.

2, Doctor Who is the only drama I enjoy. I've got to a point where I can't give anything else a go because the acting and dialogue is always so painfully cringy, and their plots bore me.

3, I don't care. Besides, my Sim Joshua gets along very well with Geoffrey at least. He seems like a decent bloke.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    No
    I want to actually play the game with families that I create, not watching it.
  • RustyBucket4745RustyBucket4745 Posts: 23 Member
    No
    I feel like it would take focus away from creating the actual game, especially in terms of resources, and I just don't watch things like that personally.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Other choice
    I would be interested in a show/movie based on The Sims, but I wouldn't want the main story to be based on the game lore. I would rather the Goths etc. to be side characters to the main characters which would ideally be new. Like the Goths or the Pancakes could be neighbors, or coworkers or something.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    edited May 2022
    Most of the appeal of The Sims is the characters you make and the buildings you design, maintaining and managing those said characters, and having a scripted story-telling medium with pre-made characters and setpieces kinda defeats that point. The Sims is not something you can quite adapt to other media such as books, movies, etc.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Other choice
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Most of the appeal of The Sims is the characters you make and the buildings you design, maintaining and managing those said characters, and having a scripted story-telling medium with pre-made characters and setpieces kinda defeats that point. The Sims is not something you can quite adapt to other media such as books, movies, etc.

I think you could in comedy. I mean they just did that movie with Ryan Reynolds realizing he was an NPC in a game. Plus Truman Show vibes.. A character could have a want to do something and never do it, or keep doing things he doesn't have any interest in. Could be baffled when a very creepy welcome wagon shows up.. I think there is a lot of fun comedy that could work.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    edited May 2022
    No
    I don't have Netflix, and won't be getting it any time soon.

I want to actually play the game with families that I create, not watching it.
    Same here.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Yes
    honestly yes because of the lore surrounding the franchise. Also, there are so many routes one can take, like for instance adding the psp Dr. Newslow in the mix. ("you are being controlled!)
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • iThreeMusketsiThreeMuskets Posts: 11 New Member
    Yes
    I say yes, only if they have certain simmers help make the lore of the show/movie, it would be really interesting.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    No
    No, because no matter what they did, it couldn't be what each player had envisioned. Sure, a lot of the existing lore and backstories would make for some great plotlines for a series, but it would have to be just that: a plotline, lifted, and repasted onto something else. They left the stories of the townies unfinished, open-ended, on purpose, with just enough fleshed out to give the players something on which to build.

Having it built out and told, entirely in someone else's vision, would probably annoy most players.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • RainafallRainafall Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes
    I would love to see a number of the family stories play out and see abductions and odd things happen. Maybe an element of the characters knowing they are being controlled to do things by the player also could be interesting
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    No
    I prefer to create my own characters and stories and am not really interested in the stories of the premade characters so a series wouldn't have much appeal for me.