Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited March 2022
    I plan to buy both.
    How do you embed tweets @simgirl1010?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    @simmerorigin Just copy the link and paste it here.
  • hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    edited March 2022
    Other
    I'm watching the video clips on Steam of Paralives and I was thinking "my lack of an attention span won't care for that amount of freedom of customisation". Now I'm at the second video...

YOU CAN ELONGATE TABLES IN THAT GAME?!?! YES PLEASE!

Lol, I love that that's what's convinced me to buy it. But despite drawing cartoons myself, I'm not a fan of the cartoony, comic book style look about it. That's really off-putting for me. And I don't know what Sims5 is offering yet so I'll wait until it's out to find out.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    I really like their sketches. I can't wait to see the actual world....someday.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    Other
    I will buy it when they release occults. I play The Sims only for that supernatural gameplay and since Paralives won't have that from the start, I will wait for an expansion and buy it if they include them.
    I plan to buy both.

That's a tough poll to answer because it's somewhat subjective
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    I wish they wouldn't put their polls on Twitter. Those who don't want to deal with Twitter nor actually support them with money at the moment don't get a vote. That leaves thousands out of the process of what is important to them if they don't have the funds to support them monthly and or ever want to have a twitter account. I guess they will find out just how important this question was when they release the game and many don't buy into the game if it isn't how they would have preferred it to be. General polls would have been better to the general public. Because Twitter is an echo chamber and things reserved for only those who pay to vote on these things are clique of players. This wouldn't cover the multi population of players who don't get a vote.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I plan to buy both.
    We're getting a new development work plan soon. Looking forward to it!
    I love the clothes layering, but I hate to keep beating a dead horse, where are all the updates about gameplay and Live mode, Paralives? It's been another year, again, and though they say they are working on those things, they never show one iota of that system. Not even to patrons.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I love the clothes layering, but I hate to keep beating a dead horse, where are all the updates about gameplay and Live mode, Paralives? It's been another year, again, and though they say they are working on those things, they never show one iota of that system. Not even to patrons.

Yes I agree, I want to see that and hopefully the game ends up completing. Im glad they are being supported but there are tons of games where there was huge support for kickstarter/early access etc that never pulled through. Only time will tell. Ive bought some early access games before but once made a bad purchase, from now on I wait until full release for every game and dont utilize patreon for things like this
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    I kinda feel the same way. I'm happy for buidlers who found stuff they like in what the team showed and the paramaker seems great but what I really want is playing with families that I created. I'm still cautiously optimistic until there is more information about the gameplay. I'm in no rush personally but it will be fine to have some returns on those brainstorming sessions they did on reddit and discord.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    I kinda feel the same way. I'm happy for buidlers who found stuff they like in what the team showed and the paramaker seems great but what I really want is playing with families that I created. I'm still cautiously optimistic until there is more information about the gameplay. I'm in no rush personally but it will be fine to have some returns on those brainstorming sessions they did on reddit and discord.

they're working on live mode now so that might mean gameplay?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • xToscaxTosca Posts: 9 New Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I'll probably get both, depending on what TS5 actually turns out to be like.
    edited April 2022
    MadameLee wrote: »

they're working on live mode now so that might mean gameplay?

Supposedly for several months now.

However, what do we get to see each and every time? More buildmode and more of their Parafolk Maker. It seems maybe not, if they only keep returning to show more of build mode and more of the Parafolk Maker. It would seem they are still in build mode and working on Parafolk rather than actually in live mode systems.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Other
    It's good they are taking their time and hopefully get a succesful result, instead of rushing something out that get a very bad review
  • CarmineCarmine Posts: 84 Member
    Other
    I'll probably buy TS5, mixed feelings on whether I'll get Paralives. If TS5 is a full MMO like thing, I'm skipping it. But if it has a solo option I'll at least try it.

With Paralives, I really and truly dislike the art style, and while there's still time for it to change, its not looking like the devs want to. Might just grab it for building if the furniture in release is less unfortunate looking than what's in the demo video, who knows.

I have time to decide, it'll probably be at least 2025 when it comes out. I haven't spent any money on it, so I'm quite content to just pop my head in on the discord once in a blue moon and see what's up.

Speaking of, I feel for the devs a bit, people have so many pie in the sky hopes/expectations for Paralives. If the game releases in a timely manner with every feature promised implemented flawlessly (lol), there will still be hoards of disappointed people. Just how crowdfunded game development goes, I guess.
    LOL. Just what I wanted, a green being.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top