Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited April 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-apr05.jpg
    April 5: Communication Basics!

D.J. has two classes today: Intro to Journalism and Communication Basics.

Put all three elements together — sender, receiver, and message — and you have the communication process at its most basic. To achieve this, all students in the Communication Basics class has to pair up and pick a topic to debate.

dj-04-028.jpg
    dj-04-029.jpg
    dj-04-030.jpg
    dj-04-031.jpg
    dj-04-032.jpg
    dj-04-033.jpg
    dj-04-034.jpg

Side Note:
    I needed a podium besides the debate one that comes and goes outside when a formal debate happens, so I gave the Library a small renovation so there was a debate podium present.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited April 2022
    April 8 - Journey To The Realm

dylan-at-the-portal.png
    Dylan woke up early, even before the sun was up, and quietly got dressed and headed downstairs. There was no sign of Ethren anywhere. He must still be in the Realm.

he-couldnt-sleep-and-was-up-early.png

Dylan had seen some planters in the back yard, and thought he would thank Ethren for his hospitality, by weeding the garden. There were quite a few plants that were ready to harvest, so Dylan grabbed some baskets and placed the fruits and vegetables in them. There were also some unusual plants in the garden that he had never seen before.

mandrake.png

He decided to take some photos of these mysterious plants and do some further research. [Note: This is a mandrake plant.]

While Dylan was busy in the garden, Morgan had dressed and gone into the kitchen to fix some breakfast. The problem was, she couldn't find a pot. She headed out front, and there, on the front lawn, was what looked like a really HUGE pot. It looked like a cauldron.

stirring-the-pot.png

She started a fire under it and made some mac 'n cheese...a lot of mac 'n cheese. Geez! She could feed the whole neighborhood with the amount she had made. It was quite hard work stirring the pot to keep the mac 'n cheese from burning.

hey-dylan-guess-whats-for-breakfastr.png

But she did it, and she piled some on a plate and headed to the backyard to offer some to Dylan.

Morgan: "Hey Dylan! Guess what's for breakfast? Mac 'n cheese, and you can have seconds...and thirds...and fourths if you want. There is SO much!" she laughed.

Just then she heard a familiar voice. It was Ethren! He was back!

Ethren: "Ah! There's nothing like the smell of mac 'n cheese in the morning! My absolute favorite! How are you both this morning?"

i-have-read-most-of-the-tomes-but-perhaps-if-you-came-to-the-realm-we-could-better-able-to-help-you.png

Dylan briskly walked over to where Ethren was standing and started telling him all about their night at the Elixirs and Brews Pub.

Ethren: "Ah yes, Ghost Night. I sadly missed seeing some of my old friends, but, the task of searching for a cure for this curse took precedence."

As Ethren helped himself to some mac 'n cheese, he told them about his research and they listened carefully.

so-there-is-hope.png

Ethren: "First, I have good news. I found two ancient tomes that I believe are linked to this curse. I found them in the Alchemy Archives, and they are very powerful potions. However, I was not able to finish reading the tomes to concoct a test potion, but I have brought the tomes with me, and I ask that you bring them with you when you travel to the Realm."

Ethren took out two large tomes from his bag.

i-give-you-this-gift-you-must-try-to-read-it-in-the-realm.png

Ethren went to speak to Dylan first,''This tome includes the recipe for the The Potion of Alluring Aura. The potion will make those around the drinker more receptive to romantic conversation, and, I discovered that when coupled with the Potion of Nausea...will, well, turn one's stomach. It is not quite the curse you have, but it is very close," he said to Dylan, handing him the book.

Ethren then turned to Morgan, "This tome includes the recipe for The Potion of the Transcendent Charmer. An even more powerful potion that will unlock the power of romantic conversation. I noticed that one of the ingredients used for this potion was a kissing gourami, which leads me to believe that this potion will instantly allow the drinker to kiss sims at will. Again, coupled with the Potion of Nausea, it will be quite nasty. But this might be the potion that you require."

and-morgan-one-for-you-as-well.png

Ethren continued, "We know that Love Potion #9 was administered to Dylan, and it backfired, and he is now cursed. What we are trying to do is to combine the curse with a bad love potion. Both of these are negatives. Two negatives will then equal a positive, and this will dispel the curse. It is my belief that by drinking one of these combined potions. it will reverse the curse and you will be cured. At least, in principle, that is what is supposed to happen."

Dylan and Morgan couldn't believe it! Ethren might have found a cure!

Dylan: "Ethren, I can't thank you enough..."

Ethren: "Don't thank me yet. We still don't know if one of these potions will work."

Ethren asked Dylan if he could please bring his bag into the house, as he had also brought them some other books to read. Dylan grabbed Ethren's bag and headed towards the house.

reading-abnout-spellcasters-in-history.png

Dylan brought the bag inside and then carefully emptied the contents. He saw a book entitled, "Famous Spellcasters Throughout History," and decided to glance through it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Outside, Ethren sat down with Morgan at the picnic table, and took a bite of mac 'n cheese.

so-do-you-wish-to-tell-me-why-madame-zoe-gave-you-that-necklace.png

Ethren: "Oh this is quite delightful, Morgan. You have quite a cooking skill...and also quite a secret, don't you, dear?"

Morgan looked at him, "What...what do you mean a secret?"

i-have-feelings-for-him.png

Ethren: "My dear, I didn't become a Sage yesterday, you know...and I am not the only Sage who knows...Simeon, apparently almost gave your secret away last night..."

Morgan was quiet remembering the look that Simeon had given her when she told him she had an aura of protection.

i-could-not-bear-it.png

Ethren: "Dylan doesn't know, does he? Oh my stars! Not only is Dylan cursed, he is blind as well. Any sim could see how you feel about him..."

you-must-keept-faith-in-the-boy.png

Morgan: "I,,,I haven't told him...because I just...I'm not sure myself...I get all these emotions when I look at him...when I think of him...but I haven't told him. And I just don't know how he feels about me. And that is why Madame Zoe gave me this necklace. To protect me, because of my conflicted feelings towards Dylan, and how he could sway me to kiss him. And last night, the curse came over him again, and I knew that without this necklace, I would have been powerless to resist him."

Ethren continued to listen to Morgan.

what-if-we-dont-find-a-cure.png

Morgan broke down then, "...But I,,,I just can't bear thinking of Dylan kissing all these other sims...or seeing him kiss someone else. And so I kind of pretend, you know, that I am going to be Dylan's stalwart protector. His friend to help him get through this. But, the truth is...I don't know if I can...because, all I really want is for Dylan to kiss me and only me. But I'm afraid...I'm so afraid...that if I take this necklace off and let him kiss me, that I will get cursed and that Dylan will then hate me forever. I don't think I could handle that..."

i-dont-think-i-can-bear-watching-him-kiss-all-these-sims.png

Ethren: "Oh Morgan, I can feel your pain. But, please, dry your eyes. You are not the only one who has secrets. I sense that Dylan has many, and he must resolve these conflicts, perhaps, before he can give his heart to someone. But do not worry, I will not reveal what we have spoken about. But do not lose faith in him, Morgan...you must remain strong for him. He needs you more than he knows."

Just then Dylan came to join them outside, "Ethren, I started reading one of the books you brought. It is fascinating. I understand a bit more about the Sages now..."

Ethren: "Yes, it is an enlightening read. When you are finished, perhaps Morgan might also like to read those books."

Morgan nodded that she would.

Ethren: "Well, I think everything is in order, so I do believe that you are now ready to head to the Realm."

Ethren told them to follow a dirt pathway across a stream towards the waterfall. At the end of the trail, they would see it.

Morgan and Dylan packed the two ancient tomes in a backpack, and then headed down the trail towards the portal. Ethren watched them leave and stood thinking for a long time, and then went to tend his garden.

i-fear-for-the-boy.png

Dylan almost skipped down the trail, he was so excited and happy that this curse would soon be lifted! As he walked, he thought about what he would do when he was cured.

running-towards-the-realm.png

Dylan thinking: "I'm going to tell Morgan how I feel about her...and then I will wrap my arms around her and kiss her...oh yes...kiss her...maybe kiss her several times...oh gosh...and then I will...I'm not sure what I will do then...but I will tell her...everything...about my past...my father...the mob...yes...I don't want any secrets between us...and then...oh gosh...I will just hold her close to me and kiss her again..."

They came to the end of the pathway, and they both saw it at once. It was indeed a portal that shimmered when you looked at it. They both marveled at it for a moment.

there-it-was-like-a-gate.png

Morgan: "So, what do we do? Do we just walk through it?"

Dylan nodded, "I think so," he replied smiling at her, "...but I think it would be better if we went through together," he held out his hand and Morgan put her hand in his. They smiled at each other and walked through the portal together.

into-the-unknown.png

sucking-them-into-the-vortex.png

And then...they just disappeared...

the-portal.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @Karababy52 - Oh I just love your new profile pic! So intricate and well done! Love, love, love it!

@Karababy52 -
    Just a quick comment on the use of BOY referring to Dylan in my story. Most of the townies, residents, and Sages, did not know Dylan's name, but they had heard of him. So, they referred to him as the BOY. Like they were referring to a really important person or something. Like suddenly it was a revelation, like, "Oh...really, that BOY is Dylan!" Gossips, you know. But, now, of course, everyone knows who the BOY is. At least in Glimmerbrook. I hope that makes sense.

Apr 13-And Cale is on his 3rd term! Woot! Impressive looking presentation board...and a new roomie. lol Nice that he did his research on the machine. I think that might be the quickest way. And there is Gloria! Oh my! And she remembers him, but he, of course, doesn't know her. And then they...yeah...another one. Holy Cow! What is going to happen here with Jules, Robin and Gloria all preggers! Oh Geez! This is like the movie "Mrs. Robinson" except no pregnancies. So, how are they going to explain getting preggers? Are they going to know...they seem to be in a daze as to what happened. oh my, my, my and now Gloria is going to move into the dorm, too. Drama llama on the way! Love the ghost sim...and...yeah...I don't think I would have included those um...peeking Tom...pics either. hehehe And more toddlers. How many are there now?

@LegacySims2017 -
    Apr 5- Oh great that DJ is starting on his debate skills...ugh...but he didn't do too well. Oh DJ! Oops!/

Apr 4-Doing a presentation, always a fun job! I love those animations, too.

@RememberJoy -
    Apr 13 - So the revelation is now out as to who the founder was. Guidry! lol He sure gets around. Oh, and Adam looks pretty impressive in that debating jacket...and he won! Woot! Congrats Adam. Updates to the rest of the household on the Secret Society, and Adam is wondering where Morgyn is. Yeah, where is Morgyn? I guess we shall soon find out.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    So, I don’t want to abandon this challenge. I’ve just been dealing with a lot of anxiety recently and I’m trying to get myself back to a good place so playing the sims and keeping up here just hasn’t been my priority right now. But I do miss it a lot and I have been checking in every so often so my plan is to jump back in at some point. I’m not gonna stress myself out by playing catch up, but I will continue Robin’s story as soon as I’m feeling okay ❤️
  • Options
    @permanentrose - You have a lot on your plate right now with school and everything, so whenever you come back will be great! Remember last year when I took 2 months' off and then returned for the last world. I am just going at my own pace, as I can't really post everyday with working, doing overtime and overtime on Saturday. Just no time, and when I do get off work, I am brain dead. lol Nice, though that you are checking in with us. Miss you and hope you are feeling better soon :):heart:
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    April 14th: Catching up

SEEJ2NY.png
    Sure enough, around 3am I heard Morgyn softly calling me downstairs. We sat down together and I explained the series of events that had occurred the night before.
    8PILPil.png
    Morgyn sat quietly listening, nodding, but not saying much. After I finished he sighed, "I'm sorry Adam, if I'd known Ekram was as powerful as you say he is I would never have sent you down there. He and his group have somehow stayed out of our records and I find it interesting that Guidry was their founder. I'll have to have some words with him someday."
    sStJBqR.png
    "I know," I said nodding, "that surprised me too. It does make me feel a little better about their group though. I don't think Guidry's the type to start something malicious, but that doesn't necessarily mean their focus hasn't changed."
    "So what are your instincts telling you?" Morgyn asked. "What are you going to do?"
    ohgkgl3.png
    I smiled wryly, "I was kind of hoping you'd have some ideas and suggestions about that very thing," I said.
    Morgyn smiled, "I have a few, but I can't be the one to solve every problem you come across. What is your heart telling you?"
    I sat and contemplated the question. "I think that at least for now we're safe," I said slowly. "Ekram didn't seem to recognize me or my name outside of being his neighbor. I feel he's most interested in what's best for his organization and isn't all that concerned about things happening outside that little sphere."
    d8YQPap.png
    Morgyn nodded. "You did say he mentioned having further questions for you. What do you make of that?"
    "I think we'll just have to wait and see what kind of questions he wants to ask," I said feeling tired.
    0Kr72R3.png
    After Morgyn left I went back to bed and slept fitfully until morning.
    Someone had made a turkey dinner for breakfast (Kaori later sheepishly admitted to using magic because she hates to cook), and Sofia was sadly poking at it when I joined her at the table.
    CuwAUTE.png
    "Is everything OK?" I asked her.
    "I just feel really bad about tricking Rohan," she said. "What if he never wants to talk to me again? I've been so tempted to call or text him, I have to know!"
    k5OVv3Q.png
    "I spoke with Morgyn this morning," I said and she perked up.
    "What did he say?" she asked. "Can I talk to Rohan?"
    "We've decided we're going to have to trust them tentatively for now," I said. "Go ahead and contact Rohan. Tell him it was all my idea and that I'm sorry for tricking him. He seems like a nice guy."
    Sofia grinned and quickly sent him a text asking to talk and I suggested we do some yoga to help center us and get us ready for the day.
    xDJHHWu.png
    The rest of the day was filled with catching up on assignments and writing papers. Tomorrow was finals day and and the last day of our second semester!
  • Options
    @Carebear92 / @SoulGal7 / @permanentrose
    That's a really good idea of just going at your own pace and posting when you're feeling up to it or have inspiration. Don't have to do EVERY DAY. Just use THAT DAY when you post. Stories can be really really short or really really long depending on when you feel like posting. Nonetheless, I will continue to look forward to reading about Savannah, Dylan, and Robin in your three stories. :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    @LegacySims2017 i enjoy playing the sims. It gets me from reality for a little bit. It been a rough week. My grandfather passed away on Monday and got into a car accident earlier today.
  • Options
    Carebear92 wrote: »
    @LegacySims2017 i enjoy playing the sims. It gets me from reality for a little bit. It been a rough week. My grandfather passed away on Monday and got into a car accident earlier today.

Yeah, saw your post earlier about your grandfather. :cry: Now a car accident? :frowning: Sending you even more {{{hugs}}}

I agree, playing the Sims does help get away from the real world stuff around us. I enjoy your images and tidbits that go with them with Savannah. Can't wait to see her attend the University if you decide to have her go there next. :blush:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @LegacySims2017 I’m trying to figure out how I want to do this.. if I do uni next I have to age her up which isn’t suppose to happen until I hit April according to the challenge. But I was thinking for March do uni and April do the new world that came with the marriage pack which I can’t think of the name and have her continue her life with Kyoshi.. thoughts on this would be great from anyone.. I know it’s my game obviously but trying to stick to the challenge as much as possible.
  • Options
    April 13th Comments:

@Carebear92
    Congrats on Savannah reaching the top of Mt. Komorebi....twice! :grimace: I bet that was big achievement for her.

@Karababy52
    Yeah, I think there is no culling mod out there. I use the one that MCCC (MC Command Center) provides. I don't know exactly how the culling order works. I just know when it hits its max capacity, it'll start to cull Sims. I would think it wouldn't cull Sims you've played or have marked as Played. For this 100 baby challenge, also make sure you change the game settings Sims count to as high as you can go without crashing the game. That should also lower the culling.

The interviewing I had D.J. do for his Intro to Journalism was all me. The class is just like any other class. I think it's just Take Final Exam. I just wanted to add some spice to the story about him knowing there's more to Robin, Estelle, and Hunter than what they're sharing with him. I think my favorite with the presentation board animations is when D.J. allegedly poked his hand with a tack. That animation cracks me up.
    Good to finally meet the ghost from that urn. LOL @ she was watching Cale and Robin creepily. I wondered if she wished she was alive replacing Robin. :lol: That urn! How awkward to be flirting with someone with an urn right next to you. :joy: Good thing Cale and Gloria moved themselves to the bedroom. Aww, more cute toddlers. :blush: Can see Cale in a lot of them.
    That would be fun to see Cale and his friends defeat the Mother in StrangerVille. I will say Cale will return as a regular in May/StrangerVille for my story. Also, more Challenge Sims and some other folks D.J. met along the way in my previous months. I played StrangerVille's story all the way through already (shameless plug: StrangerVille: A Simself Story - only 9 chapters). So, I have an idea how I want to play it out. It makes more sense now with Cale and Robin. I just assumed they didn't do the bedroom scene, but I guess it should be assumed if he meets a pretty lady, it'll end up there whether you have to explain it or not. :joy:
    Your new profile image is great. I like it. It does beat the creepy green eyes one (even if that was neat).

@RememberJoy
    Oh, good job to Adam for winning the debate with Gemma. And a cash prize? Cool! :sunglasses:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2022
    April - Day 14: "Behind you, all your memories. Before you, all your dreams. Around you, those who love you. Within you, all you need..."

99Up7Jm.png

Notes
    xSBjrq5.png
    Cale turned in his presentation on Monday before his one class of the day and did this when he returned. I'm guessing it must've went well. After class, he didn't have any homework for Tuesday so he spent time 'pollinating' and then we went to age up a couple babies.

n513UL0.png
    The first one was Elisabeth Straud, his baby with Jules! She's absolutely adorable! I think she's the cutest of the bunch so far! I spent some time remodeling the house to add toddler stuff for three and then we traveled to Mt. Komorebi.

Mtng9hi.png
    Here's why, meet Cleo Hunter! Yep, Essa and Josh had another child. For some reason Essa has been calling Cale at least once a day, sometimes twice or more with the 'We've been thinking about having a baby...' question. He always tells her to make up her own mind. Well, I guess they decided it was a good idea. I didn't want them to have any more children, but I guess they did. o.O Plus...

Kp9OzBH.png
    Essa is preggers again! Gah! I went in CAS and made it so she can't have anymore. I have a feeling the game would've made her have up to four, until the house was full. I have neighborhood stories turned off, but that doesn't stop those calls. I wish it did. He's starting to get calls from Melody Connors now, so I turned off the ability to have babies for her too.

gdZzrWL.png
    Back at the dorm someone had trashed the school statue in the middle of the quad so Cale cleaned it up. I don't know how spraying it got rid of all those knitted items, but oh well. His resident stalker was behind him cheering for him. She's a dormmate and freakin' follows him EVERYWHERE! Even after I 'disband group' in actions. He'd already romanced her once, but she didn't get preggers. Sooo, he took her back to the dorm and rocked her world, again. It worked this time. ;)

Tuesday was pretty much a lather, rinse, repeat day except he had three classes.

vTMT7jk.png
    Wednesday was his last class of the final term. Cale looks like he's in shock. He got A+ across the board again and earned an A+ GPA for his degree! I think it's safe to say he's got the Distinguished Degree in Biology with Honors in the bag! Congratulations Cale, you did it and I couldn't be prouder! \o/ <3

Graduation is the next day, Thursday at 10:15 a.m.

syc9I4l.png
    He arrived early and stood in front of the stadium in his street clothes until it was time. I forgot he didn't need to do that. The game will automatically take them there and dress them in their graduation cap and gown. After a loading screen, he appeared in the same spot ready to go. He looks so proud of himself. He should be! Thankfully, he's not wearing high heels, just brown boots. Kind of weird, but better than heels. However, he got to keep all his CC this time, except eyelashes for some silly reason. 🙄

hpVs2yY.png
    A few minutes later a couple of his classmates showed up. One of them is Jazmin, a baby Mama and the other is Brooks Stern, one of my own Sims. I never, ever saw him anywhere on campus so he was a nice surprise.

RWGsDAL.png
    The other two classmates graduating with Cale were two of his former soccer teammates, Cade and...I'm sorry, I don't remember her name at the moment. She was in the mascot costume, another baby Mama as well. Cale started a Foxbury Spirit cheer here. But for some reason the mascot/teammate girl didn't join in.

IKDdfI4.png
    She looks very annoyed with the cheer.

3I7IaRT.png
    "Can you believe it Cade? We did it! I'm so excited! Are you excited?"
    "Yeah, mostly. Not sure I'll be able to walk with you though. I think I might've failed one class. But I came here dressed to go just in case."

lDJ3k4V.png
    "Aww, man, they have to let you walk! Well, we had fun on the soccer team together though, right?"
    "We certainly did Buddy. Crossing my fingers you're right."
    "Ohhh Yeahhh!"

However, it was not to be. Cade got embarrassed when Cale wanted to share excitement over graduation after this screenshot. He walked away with his head down when the others went inside to receive their diplomas. I felt so bad for him. :/

OBVqBf9.png
    "I did it Mom! This is for you!"

0anEeFs.png
    FUa9pla.png
    I'm not crying, you're crying... <3

AVzEw65.png
    What are you going to do now Cale?
    (I'm going to Disney World!)
    What!?
    (Just kidding Watcher. I don't know what I'll do later, but right now, I'm starving!)

2ErQ3me.png
    Look who showed up as the cafeteria worker! It's Wynter Myst, the food stall vendor he met in Mt. Komorebi and tried to act tough with her. She called him a little boy and told him to go play with kids his own age back then. Well my dear, he's not a little boy anymore.

After having a bite to eat, Cale decided to try to romance her in celebration for getting his degree. He was feeling very fine and frisky, of course.

"Hey, I know you. You're that obnoxious kid I met in Mt. Komorebi, right?"
    "Maybe, but I'm not a kid anymore. I'm every bit of a man now gorgeous."
    "Hmm, well you certainly don't look the same, that's for sure."
    (Gawd! He sure grew up well! What a hunk!)
    (Oh come on, you thought he was cute back then too.)
    (Alright, I admit it, but he was just a baby then.)

(She knows me!)

YN4vpFZ.png
    After a flirty introduction and shooting her with his handy dandy Beguile weapon, Wynter was ready to have him show her just how much of a man he was now.

"I can take my break now. Think you can prove yourself in 15 minutes?"
    "I know I can. Lead the way gorgeous."

R4r1cBl.png
    "Woooo Baby, now that's what I'm talking about. Oh yeah, you're definitely a man big guy."
    (Ohhh Yeahhh!)

Hopefully at least one spellcaster baby is on the way with Wynter!

Cale went back to the dorm afterward and with the help of Fox, packed up his meager belongings and moved back in with him.

Y2T3iHS.png
    "Thank you so much Fox for agreeing to let me live here with you until I figure out what I want to do with my degree and the rest of my life."
    "It's my pleasure Cale. Honestly, it's been a bit lonely here without you. I...I missed having you around."

PAJpOau.png
    "Aww, you're such a great guy Fox, I love you man. Thanks again and again for everything, you're my best friend."
    (Oh Hell Cale, don't say that! I'm not worthy of that title. Dangit!)
    (I wish I was though.)

*Note - These two actually are Best Friends now. <3

All Cale needs to do now is find a job using his degree and the aspiration will be complete.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-apr06.jpg
    April 6: Writing the Truth!

D.J. has two classes today: How Culture Influences Society and Writing the Truth.

D.J. takes the opportunity of writing his term paper for his Writing the Truth class from the books he's written about his time in Mt. Komorebi and Windenburg. As he made his last two books fantasy based, he had to exclude those even though he knew it what was written was truthful.

dj-04-035.jpg

Side Note:
    The daily image doesn't really have anything to do with the title/caption. I just wanted to have a place to put it as I was amused with it. I think the culprit is walking away.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-apr07.jpg
    April 7: Last Day of Term One!

Special Appearances By: Velma Pagan ( @Shadami ), Robin Keyes & Estelle Uha ( @permanentrose ), Selena Lilly ( @lilypadmeulin ), Aaron Winterson & Hunter Mulligan ( @afai1261 ), Cale Conrad ( @Karababy52 )
    Dash Joseph Faireborn
    dj-04-036.jpg

Velma Pagan
    dj-04-037.jpg

Cale Conrad
    dj-04-038.jpg

Hunter Mulligan
    dj-04-039.jpg

Estelle Uha
    dj-04-040.jpg

Robin Keyes
    dj-04-041.jpg

Selena Lilly
    dj-04-042.jpg

Aaron Winterson
    dj-04-043.jpg

Side Note:
    Not bad with grades for controlling 8 Sims. My focus was D.J. foremost. I made sure he did his homework, wrote his term papers and edited them before turning them in, put his presentation together and tweaked it, and did some studying. I'm happy with an A GPA for him. For the other 7 Sims, I made sure they all did their homework, term papers (sent them in right after done writing, no editing or refining), and presentations (only the basics, no refining them or practicing). I'm impressed with the A+ grades with that. :lol:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    *Updated my April 14th post above! I apologize for not getting this posted early this morning. I was still playing when I posted the daily post pic and by the time I was finished, it was very late so I went to bed instead. I'll get started on comments/replies now though. Hope y'all have a fantastic day/night! <3
  • Options
    April 14th Comments:

@SoulGal7
    All that mac ' n cheese! :joy:
    Ethren: "My dear, I didn't become a Sage yesterday, you know..."
    That line cracked me up, too. I hope Morgan knows he's still going to be kissing a lot of Sims before this is all over.

@RememberJoy
    Ha. Morgyn waking poor Adam up at 3am. That's sleepy time. But I understand Morgyn wants to talk to him when it's a privately convenient time. Hopefully Rohan is forgiving to Sofia and curious what question Ekram has for Adam.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017
    Aww, man! Bummer DJ didn't win the debate. I'm sure he'll get his opponent next time though! ;)

Thanks for the info about the culling! I have all the Baby Mamas and their children in my favorites. They're set as unplayed though, only Cale is set as played. My recommended max in that folder is 200 households and I think it's only at 110 at the moment. Of course that number will go up over time. I'll take your advice and increase that max number and see how it goes. However, this is another reason I should probably get MCCC if there isn't a stand alone culling Mod. I'll take a look around and see if I can find one first. It would break my heart if some of the babies and their Mamas got culled. o.O

Ah, okay, well good job with that! The way you wrote it, seemed like a part of the DU features. Oh yeah, I love that too, and I think when the paper falls off the board is funny too. hehe

Oh geez, never thought of that, maybe Ami the ghost was wishing she were alive to have a romp with Cale too. Hmmm, maybe I'll make her dream come true anyway. ;) Good thing they weren't really concerned with anything around them when flirting. Otherwise that would be very awkward. o.O I can see Cale in a lot of the toddlers too! Especially the boys. Some of the girls too, but mostly the boys. :)

Yay! \o/ I'm so happy Cale will be a part of your StrangerVille story next month too! I'm not sure who all will be helping Cale, but I know DJ will be there at least. :) Thanks for the link to your StrangerVille story, I'll check it out. I've played the story many times myself as well, so I know what it's all about. Still developing a plot for it though, so not sure what will happen when Cale is involved with the mystery. We shall see...

Thanks about my new avatar! Glad you like it! I love it! <3 The creepy green-eyed one was cool, but in my opinion this one is better. :)

Oh man, somebody TP'ed the statue! hehe So funny when that happens. Cale has cleaned the Foxbury statue a few times, but it always gets trashed not long after. It hasn't been TP'ed though, I don't think, just those knitted scarves so far.

Good idea DJ using your books for your assignment in those classes. Yeah, bummer he couldn't include the fantasy stories, but it's for the best. :)

Wow! Everyone did so well, can't believe how many are carrying an A+ average, including Cale, considering you didn't have them edit or refine anything. You should be proud of yourself for being able to handle 8 Sims and they all got great grades! Kudos to you! :)

@SoulGal7
    The Mandrake plant looks so freaky eh? o.O Mmm, Mac & Cheese! Love our Sims can make food in the cauldron. :) Hmm, interesting developments with the different tomes Ethren found and his ideas on how they can help to cancel out Dylan's curse. I have a feeling it won't work though since he's barely even begun kissing Sims. hehe

And of course Ethren gets Morgan to confess she cares for Dylan more than just a friend. I'm sure it wasn't hard for Ehtren to figure out just from the way they look at each other. :) Fantastic way you positioned Morgan and Dylan to make it look like they were going through the portal together! Excited to see how it goes for them in the Realm!

Thank you so much about my new avatar, so glad you love it. Obviously I do too. <3

Okay, thanks for the explanation about why everyone refers to Dylan as BOY. Still don't understand why it's all in caps though. Methinks there might be more to this than you are sharing. ;) It's cool if there is more, we can't give away all our secrets or it would spoil the story!

Yes, he was, he's graduated now. That machine is much faster than just practicing in a mirror, definitely. Cale has now impregnated all three, Jules, Robin and Gloria. They live together too. o.O There's a plan with them that I'll write about soon. That's all I'll say. ;) Actually no, Gloria and Robin won't be moving into Cale's dorm. I just wrote they were there checking it out to justify the reason they showed up there. :)

It was fun having a ghost in Cale's dorm. She was such a funny ghost. One day Cale will bring her back to life. He took her urn with him when he moved out. How many babies/toddlers? Ummm, I'll have to double check, but I'm guessing he's getting close to 50 by now. He's been very, uh, 'busy' lately. ;)

@permanentrose

Take your time dear, how ever long you need! I hope things work out for you, but yes, your life and well being is much more important than this challenge. Please don't stress about it, okay? *Hugs* <3
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    edited April 2022
    April 15th: End of second semester

eTYRgVu.png
    Finals day.
    Everyone was doing some last minute cramming, including myself.
    Owu7AHv.png
    I didn't sound quite as bad as I used to, but I still had a ways to go.
    Before my final I did some yoga to relieve my nerves, and it really helped.
    T7AVFDf.png
    While I was out, Kiyoshi said he'd found a friendly dust bunny and wanted to keep it, but it ended up disappearing after we did some cleaning later.
    BBMgTZw.png
    When I got back from my final, I took a quick jog around the neighborhood with my homework to work out the last bit of tension.
    eeNCRdu.png
    While I was doing that, Gemma once again started a fire when she tried to magic up some food.
    nof0HrN.png
    I think Kiyoshi might be rethinking this whole magic thing.
    I arrived just as a pink bearded firefighter did, and we both surveyed the damage.
    YgU49Zb.png
    Fortunately we'd only lost two counters and we even received some insurance money to replace them. I decided to break my rules and repaired both of them with magic. To make up for it, I volunteered to cook super the old fashioned way, and made a plate of grilled cheese sandwiches.
    9Noenq5.png
    We all sat down to enjoy them and await our final grades.
    hNgaR20.png
    Unfortunately when I got my results back my heart sank a little. I'd gotten an A+ in my violin class and a B+ in my photography class, but I'd ended up with a C in my writing class.
    rFYa9xL.png
    In my defense, I had been kind of distracted this semester.
    Nobody else (except maybe Kaori) had done as well as our first semester either, and we all felt a little disheartened.
    25o1wmb.png
    66DKnrX.png
    QED7qwv.png
    OfR4ZWa.png
    At least we still all had A GPAs, mine was just an A-.
    We cracked open our homework, determined to make the best of it and do better this next semester.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    April 15

whdepZt.png

I finally played a bit today. I'm very tired though, so I'm just gonna post one image and save the rest for tomorrow. Robin was out of excellent quality Potions of Plentiful needs, since I keep forgetting to Copypasto them, so she whipped up a new batch :)
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    April - Day 15: "I shut my eyes and I find myself in an undiscovered world full of miracles..."

W6seUSm.png

Notes
    P2EeMTZ.png
    "Dinner's ready!"
    "Mmm, smells delicious! I'm starving!"

YSIA9Gk.png
    "Oh Cale, this is exquisite! Where'd you learn to cook like that?"
    "From my Mom."
    "I think you should've studied culinary instead of biology. You could be a great chef."
    "Nah, it's really the only good recipe I know. Mom showed me how to make it when...he, was gone. He was gone a lot so we got to make it a lot."

ZgxaynZ.png
    "Ah, okay. Well, I heard a phrase once that said, 'It's better to do one thing well, than 10 things poorly.' This is one of your many 'one things.' You're good at so many more than just one Dude."
    "Thanks Fox. You always make me smile."
    "So hey, let's go check out your degree. I haven't seen your grad pic yet either."
    "Sure, I hung them up already above the dresser. I hope that was okay."
    "Oh come on, of course it's okay. It's your room for as long as you want it."

8kYLXio.png
    "You look great Cale, Congratulations again. I'm so proud of you."
    "I'm proud of me too. I hope...Mom is too."

l9eWpuO.png
    (What a great human. He has such a big heart.)

OlZO6AZ.png
    "Have you thought about what you want to do with your degree yet?"
    "Oh yeah, I've been thinking about it ever since before I enrolled."
    "So what are you going to do?"

aM4EOjZ.png
    "I want to find a career in plant biology, researching everything about plants."
    "Great idea! Have you looked for any positions in that field yet?"
    "Not really, just a cursory look. The most interesting openings was in some place called StrangerVille for a plant biologist or scientist."
    (NO! Anything but that. Gawd, I need to talk him out of that position. Don't go there Cale, please!)

qUGyiBI.png
    "StrangerVille huh? I bet you can do better than that. I'd keep looking. I'm sure there's a lot of openings for someone with your degree."
    "Yeah, I'll keep looking. It was just the first one I saw. Um Fox?"
    "Yes?"
    "You're glowing."
    (Oh Hell!)
    "You never cease to amaze me Cale. Now you can see auras. Maybe you're psychic or something too." Fox said laughing and shaking his head in faux amazement.
    "Or I'm just seeing things, it's gone now."
    "Maybe you were. Alright, I'll let you get some rest, you must be exhausted."
    "I am pretty tired, it was a long day. G'night Fox."
    "G'night Cale."
    (Close one.)
    (He'll figure out what you are one day.)
    (Maybe, but not today.)

Z235ZSZ.png
    Cale climbed into bed and it wasn't long before he fell into a deep REM sleep where dreams are made of...

QZGcGDI.png
    (Is that me again? It has to be. Who are they? Are we in a pool somewhere? Maybe I was at a party?)

bUW8WlE.png
    (What is she scared of and who is she?)

h6zG9Ng.png
    (It's HER again! The dark-haired beauty. Were we a couple? Oh man, we're stargazing. Just like I would do with Mom.)

lNVf5t1.png
    (I...I...know that guy's name I think? Andrew? Alan? No...that's not right. GAH! This is so freakin' frustrating. It's making me angry! His name is right there, but I can't remember it. That's definitely me though. I can see my scar.)

2CWfDZ5.png
    (Who are they? Professional dancers? Am I one of them? I can't tell. Looks like some kind of nightclub.)

EcBv8cs.png
    "SANNNDYYY!!!"

gHX0YND.png
    Cale woke up screaming out Sandy's name though he didn't know what name he'd said. He just remembered he knew that girl. The dark-haired girl that he kept dreaming about. She HAD to be from the time he'd lost. Right?

iJa1DHo.png
    Fox came running toward Cale's room when he heard him screaming.
    "Cale! Are you alright? Can I come in?" He asked loudly behind his closed door.
    "Yeah, I'm fine. You can come in, please."

"You must've had a nightmare. Scared me when I heard you screaming."
    "What did I scream? Do you remember? I think it was the name of the dark-haired girl I keep dreaming about."
    "I couldn't tell what you were screaming. I'm sorry."
    (Liar! His memories are getting stronger.)
    (You better do something about it and fast or you know what you have to do!)
    "Tell me what you remember."

A65ONm8.png
    Cale told him about the two girls, the scared girl, seeing a guy he thought he knew, the dancers, stargazing with the dark haired girl and then seeing her face almost clearly, but...he couldn't think of her name no matter how hard he tried.
    (Oh Cale, you poor human. What do I do, what do I say? I feel bad for him.)
    (Why? I've never felt like that with any of the others.)
    (They're influencing your emotions. Ignore these thoughts. Your loyalty lies with your kind.)
    (Yeah...)

9hfHeXI.png
    "Remember what I told you before? Could all these people be from your past that you do know about?"
    "I don't know. I don't think so. Maybe..."
    "Okay, well then maybe they are from the time you lost. Or maybe they're just people you knew in passing. The dancers could've been when you went clubbing once. You did go to nightclubs, right?"
    "I wasn't supposed to, but yeah, I did. Me and my friends did a lot of stuff we weren't supposed to do. Maybe I saw them and I just don't remember."

ip62Brb.png
    "I bet that's it, yeah. Maybe the scared girl saw something someone did in a club or somewhere else and you remembered her from that?"
    "I guess so. But what about the dark-haired girl I keep seeing? We were stargazing together."
    "Well, maybe you're just remembering doing that with your Mom, but always wished you could do that with a girl so your subconscious gave you one?"
    "I guess that makes sense. I still think it might be memories from that time. But I'll try not to freak out about it again."
    "It's okay, you can't control nightmares. I'll be here to help however I can. Just always let me know if you have more, okay?"

yjuoE3e.png
    "Thanks Fox, I will. I feel better now. I always do after talking to you about stuff."

KotkNg8.png
    "You're welcome, anything for my Buddy."
    (Crisis averted.)
    (Yeah, but for how long?)
    (*sigh*)

uq0qeOT.png
    Cale stood for a moment thinking about his dream still. He couldn't help thinking that Fox might only be half right. Especially about the dark-haired girl. She seemed special. Why else would he keep dreaming about her? He heaved a big sigh and put it on a back burner in his mind for now.

He got dressed and then sat down at his laptop to go on a serious job search. He didn't want to stay here forever with Fox. As nice as that would be, he was still a guest in someone else's home. He wanted to pay back the guy for all he'd done for him too and for that, he needed money which meant getting a job.

yt7sEsk.png
    Fox looked at his laptop as he walked by it after leaving Cale's room, feeling guilty and so conflicted.
    (You know you should report this incident.)
    (Yeah, but...later.)

VfdTNAq.png
    (Traitor.)
    (No, I'm not. I'm just sick of doing this, sick of being blackmailed into it.)
    (You know what they'll do to you if you don't.)
    (Maybe I don't care anymore.)
    (You'd betray your brother, your family, your heritage and your planet for a human?)
    (Do you like him that much? Is one human really worth all that?)
    ( *sigh*)
    (No, yes....I don't know. I guess not...)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    *Updated my April 15th post above! I'll get started on comments/replies next. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
  • Options
    @permanentrose
    Happy to see you were up to playing again for a bit. I wish I could have Cale make more Potions of Plentiful Needs, he's down to less than 10 now. Oh well, he'll just have to ration them out for himself and use them only in an emergency. :) Robin looks great at that cauldron. Rest well my dear. *Hugs* <3
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    April 9 - Magic HQ In The Realm

THE-REALM-ALL-OF-IT.png
    When Dylan stepped through the portal, it felt like every part of him was being pulled apart, and he was being thrust forward towards a light. Sort of like on those sci-fi movies he had seen when the crew members beam down to a planet. Yes, he was a particle beam moving through time and space. When he finally landed, thankfully in one piece, he was on the other side of the portal in a world like he had never seen before. It was truly mind-boggling.

WHERE-WERE-THEY.png

He turned towards Morgan, "Are you alright? That was some rush, wasn't it!" he said looking around.

Morgan: "Where...where are we?"

MORGAN-THIS-IS-STRANGE.png

Dylan: "I don't know where we are exactly...somewhere in space...another dimension...but I think this is the Realm."

Morgan: "Look at all the debris in space floating around...", she replied pointing, "And look over there! There are three other areas. They look like islands floating in space. I wonder how you get to them from here?"

WHERE-WERE-THEY-IN-THE-REALM.png

In front of them was a large building where they figured the three Sages would be waiting for them.

IN-THE-REALM.png

As they were about to walk towards the building, they saw another sim exit the portal. And then that sim did something rather amazing. They took out a broom, and tried to ride it.

DID-YOU-SEE-THAT-DYLAN.png

BROOMSTICK-RIDING-IS-TRICKY.png

BROOMSTICK-RIDING-101.png

UP-UP-AND-AWAY.png

As the sim flew up into the sky until they couldn't see her anymore, they looked at each other in awe.

Dylan: "Morgan, did you see that? She rode a broom! Holy plumbobs! I want to do that!"

Both Morgan and Dylan were so awestruck by what they had seen, that they hadn't noticed Morgyn, L. Faba, and Simeon come over to greet them.

and-he-3-sages-were-there-to-greet-them.png

Simeon: "Morgan! Dylan! So glad you made it! Welcome to Magic HQ!"

Morgyn autonomously went over and high-fived it with Dylan, and also dazzled Dylan with some magic.

yes-they-made-it.png

how-do-i-use-magic.png

L Faba: "You are just in time. I am between classes. Come this way, and we shall go to the meeting area for our discussion."

quite-a-grand-building.png

As they walked, Dylan and Morgan looked around. It was an immense building and lots of sims were in the building, too.

quite-an-auspocopis-group-led-by-morgyn.png

They sat down together and Morgyn began speaking first.

Morgyn: "I am sure that this is all new and strange to you, but this is Magic HQ. It is a place where L, Simeon and I help sims to become Spellcasters. Here, they work on their casting and potion skills. Sometimes it can take many years to hone this skill and become a true Spellcaster."

we-have-studied-the-tomes.png

L. Faba: "As you may have noticed, there are separate areas where you can travel to. There are portals to the Dueling Grounds, where Spellcasters can challenge another Spellcaster to a duel. There is a portal to the Gardens, and another portal to Caster's Alley, where Spellcasters can purchase wands, brooms and other assorted items needed for potions. At one time, these areas were all connected together; however, a great disturbance in the Realm caused our world to fall apart. And it is now up to the three Schools of Magic, Practical Magic, Mischief Magic and Untamed Magic to hold the Realm together, or all would be lost. If anything should happen to the Realm, then, I fear that the Simland World would be in grave danger. So, in a way, we are the Guardians of the Realm to keep it, and the outside world, safe."

I-AM-SO-SORRY-NEITHER-OF-YOU-HAVE-THE-GIFT-AT-THIS-TIME.png

Dylan: "Ethren had brought some books for us to read and I did glance through one of them, and now have a better understanding of the Realm. However, it is a 400-page book, and I have just started reading it."

Simeon: "Excellent! This shows us that you have an open mind, Dylan, and are prepared to accept the mysteries of the Realm."

Morgyn: "And now we are here to discuss the curse you have. Ethren has told us all the specifics and he also showed us the ancient tomes he had found. This morning, L and I were able to concoct those potions for you, and, if you are willing, you may try them. I must warn you; however; that these potions may not work. Neither L, Simeon nor I have ever tried this on anyone. So, in essence, you are a test subject."

i-have-had-a-chance-to-mix-these-potions-that-ethren-found.png

Morgyn handed Dylan the first potion and Dylan smelled it. Oh my word, it stunk. He held his breath and slowly took sips of the potion until it was finished.

dylan-going-to-drink-the-potion.png

drinking-the-potion.png

something-was-happening-but-was-this-a-good-thing.png

They all looked at Dylan in anticipation.

Simeon: "Do you feel any different, Dylan?"

Dylan: "I'm not sure. How do I know if it worked or not?"

Simeon: "If I might suggest an experiment. Dylan...look into Morgan's eyes and walk towards her..."

simeon-speaks.png

Dylan got up and walked towards Morgan, and Morgan stood still willing the potion to work. But then she noticed it before anyone else did.

dylan-in-a-dazed-state.png

Dylan had that glazed look in his eyes, and when he came closer, he leaned in to kiss her and then WHOOSH! they were thrown apart.

attempting-to-kiss-morgan.png

L Faba: "Oh my word! That is a powerful curse. I have never seen anything like it before. Are you both alright?"

that-is-a-most-powerful-curse.png

Morgan breathed heavily, "I'm fine. I guess...I guess that potion didn't work..."

are-you-alright-my-dea.png

Dylan: "Morgan...I'm so sorry," he said and looked down, and then looked at the three Sages again, "...I was wondering...is it...is it possible that the potion made the curse worse? Because...the pull seemed stronger towards Morgan...much stronger than the other two times..."

The three Sages looked at each other.

L. Faba: "That is rather interesting, but I do not believe that the new potion has made the curse stronger. Since the first potion did not remove the curse, let us try the second one." L Faba handed the vial to Dylan.

Dylan took the potion and this one smelled even worse than the first one. Again, he drank the potion, and Simeon asked him to repeat the experiment with Morgan. The same thing happened as the first time. The potions had not worked and had not removed the curse.

he-drink-the-potion.png

Morgyn: "I am afraid that neither potion worked to remove this curse. In essence, Ethren was right, one of these should have removed it, and I am not sure why one of these potions did not work. Perhaps we will need to read the ancient tomes again."

excuse-me-for-interripting.png

Another sim was standing nearby and came towards them, "Please excuse the interruption. My name is Keisha Hughes, I am the former Sage of Mischief. While Ethren was here last night, we spoke of this curse. He showed me the ancient tomes he had found, and I was positive that one of these potions would work. However, they did not. This leads me to believe that the original Love Potion #9 was tampered with."

L. Faba: "It is what I was thinking, too, Keisha. Somehow from when Madame Zoe gave the original Love Potion #9 to this...er..Veronica...and when she administered it to Dylan...it was changed by something or someone..."

Dylan: "What does that mean?"

L. Faba: "It means that something else was added to the potion, or some possible spell was placed on it before it was used."

Morgan: "Do you think that Madame Zoe did something to the potion?"

L. Faba: "No, I do not believe that it was Madame Zoe, nor do I believe it was this sim...er...Veronica...who altered the love potion. Do you perhaps know where Veronica lives in Windenburg?"

Dylan: "I think she lives on the island...the Crumblin' Isle..."

L Faba, Morgyn and Simeon looked at each other.

no-cure-says-keisha.png

Keisha spoke again, "I am afraid that Love Potion #9 has indeed been tampered with. The Crumblin' Isle is a well-known hideaway for the Forest Sprites to visit. They are very playful, mischievous fairies and often like to play practical jokes on mortal sims. In fact, just last year, it was rumored that they stole a mortal sim to be the bride of the Fairy Prince...but somehow she eluded marriage with him, and they released her.* Of course, this mortal sim remembered nothing of what had happened to her, but we, in the Realm, know. So, for whatever reason, these Forest Sprites decided to either place a spell on this love potion or added something to it. In that case, the original love potion was changed, and we are at a loss to find a remedy for this curse."

Dylan: "So, you're saying there is no cure for this?"

what-does-that-mean.png

Simeon: "I believe that you must try to lift the curse as intended..."

Morgan felt like the room was spinning, "So that means...that Dylan will still have to kiss 100 sims...?"

SO-THERES-NO-CURE.png

Simeon: "Or, somehow find his true love before then..." he replied looking quizzically at Morgan.

SO-WE-CAME-ALL-THIS-WAY-FOR-NOTHING.png

Dylan suddenly became angry: "Why? Why did Veronica do this to me? Why was she so intent on having me fall in love with her? I didn't even really know her...why would she do something like this?"

L. Faba: "It is something only she can answer. Sims do act rather peculiar when it comes to matters of the heart."

YOU-NEED-TO-HONE-YOUR-MENTAL-ENERGY-DYLAN.png

Morgyn: "Dylan, there might be another way to break this curse. The heart is very powerful, but so is the mind. If you could somehow train your mind to resist this "pull" you feel, that might be another way to break this curse."

do-you-think-he-will-get-this-under-control.png

Simeon: "Ah, Morgyn, well done. Yes, the cure for the curse could be inside Dylan all along. He is the one who could control it. To harness his mind's own power against it. Brilliant Morgyn!"

Dylan: "So, how would this work? How can I learn to do this?"

SO-I-NEEDF-TO-TRAIN-MY-MIND-TO-BEAT-THIS-CURSE.png

L Faba: "Dylan, I am afraid that our time for this meeting is almost over. We all have classes again shortly. I would suggest that you speak to Ethren when you return to Glimmerbrook. He has taken a fancy to you and Morgan, and is very determined to help you. He is very wise and will be able to suggest some possible solutions for you to harness your brain's power."

YES-YOU-ARE-NOT-READY.png

Simeon: "In the meantime, you are very welcome to explore Magic HQ and the grounds, but know that when you leave here, the portal to the Realm will be closed. You will be unable to see it in Glimmerbrook, once you return."

simeon-saying-good-bye-to-morgan.png

Morgyn: "I have a very strong feeling about the two of you and I would very much like for you both to consider becoming Spellcasters. We have all discussed it, and any of us would be willing to take you under our wing. Unfortunately, right now, as Dylan is cursed, we are unable to do so. Once the curse is lifted and you wish to discuss furthering your studies here in the Realm, you need only to come back to Glimmerbrook, and the portal will be visible to you again. But only when you are ready."

The Sages said their farewells to Dylan and Morgan and then headed off to their classes. Dylan and Morgan were left alone, wondering what they should do now.

GOOD-LUCK-MY-FRIEND-MORGYN.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

The Sages can't be controlled, and they often decide to get up and then sit somewhere else. So there were a lot of roaming Sages going on during this.

* The story told by the Sages of a mortal sim being taken by the Forest Sprites to be the bride of the Fairy Prince, was about my challenge sim from last year, Sakura Li. She lived on the Crumblin' Isle in Windenburg, and was whisked away to Sylvan Glade by the fairies where she had to compete (against her will), in a Quest to marry the Fairy Prince Oberon. As a request to the Fairy Prince, she asked that if she lost the Quest, that she be returned to the mortal world unharmed. Later, in a freak lightning storm, the Fairy Prince dies, but the new Fairy Queen keeps the promise that Prince Oberon made to Sakura, and returns Sakura to the mortal world. Sakura had been missing in the sim world for several days, and is found unconscious at The Bluffs by Wolfgang Munch and Kiyoshi Ito, who had been searching for her. She has no memory of what happened to her during her time in the Fairy Realm. King Oberon is the name of the Fairy King in Shakespeare's, A Midsummer's Nights Dream. I didn't have Realm of Magic at the time, so this was my solution, and I worked on the Serial Romantic Aspiration. [Photo of Prince Oberon, Prince of the Fairies, and my challenge sim, Sakura Li in Sylvan Glade, Willow Creek.] Link to start of story from last year, if you would like to read it.

sakuara-will-win.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Comments. Have a great day/night eveyrone!

@permanentrose -
    Nice daily pic. So happy to see Robin again :)

@LegacySims2017 -
    Apr 6 - I love all those hijinks that they do to the various statues and soccer stadiums. lol

Apr 7 - Woot! Look at all those grades! And congrats to DJ for completing Term 1 with some awesome grades!

@RememberJoy -
    And more grades. Congrats to Adam for getting some great grades as well. Funny how he got the C in the writing course about writing fiction...geez...Adam could write a great fiction novel with all the stuff that he had going on this term! lol But his GPA is great! And kudos to everyone else. Kiyoshi looks so young with that hairstyle. And of course, they have a fire! hehehe

@Carebear92 -
    Carebear92 wrote: »
    @LegacySims2017 I’m trying to figure out how I want to do this.. if I do uni next I have to age her up which isn’t suppose to happen until I hit April according to the challenge. But I was thinking for March do uni and April do the new world that came with the marriage pack which I can’t think of the name and have her continue her life with Kyoshi.. thoughts on this would be great from anyone.. I know it’s my game obviously but trying to stick to the challenge as much as possible.

Since I basically missed a month, Dylan will be aged up early so that he can go to uni. I am continuing on Realm of Magic when everyone else does vampires, since I don't have that pack. I don't have the new pack, but I know that Savannah and Kiyoshi are an item, so, yes, it would be wonderful to see the new pack. Whatever you decide to do, though, is up to you.

@Karababy52 -
    The wall in Cale's bedroom looks super cool with his grad pic and trophy, diploma, etc. And now he is having those dreams again....and he remembers Sandy's name! But can't remember what name he shouted when he woke up. Things are starting to unravel, and for some reason, Fox knows about Strangerville, and doesn't really want Cale to go there. This whole facade will soon come tumbling down, and I don't think Cale will be too happy about it.
  • Options
    Umm I might have to pick between vampires and Realm of magic bc I hate the vampire pack.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top