Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help making the best Sim schedule for any Sim!

Okay. This is what my usual Young Adult/Dropped out Teen's part time job/ is usually is.

At 8am on the first day the Sim moves there: They get a job and go to work the next day.

After noon from work: Sim has to eat and watch TV.

After work to 6PM: Sim has free time.

6pm to sleep: Sim gets ready for bed.

This schedule doesn't seem right to my daily Sims. Can you help making a better schedule for me? I think my Sim shouldn't start work the first day. Maybe wait until some skills are met before the Sim gets a job. Do you agree? Because I immediately give him a job around as he moves.
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

Comments

• Options
    ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Are you playing Sims 3 or Sims 4?

3. This is why I set this thread to the Sims 3.
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    There are lots of ways to go about this, depending on how you like to play. Personally, if I'm playing a single sim, I give them a hobby or put them in a profession that involves something fun, for example painting or playing chess. That way the sim can increase fun and build a relevant skill at the same time.

If I'm playing with a sim couple, I have them woohoo to take care of the fun motive, usually right before work and right after if someone's had a stressful day. It's a lot faster than watching TV and keeps the relationship up too.

Other details that make things easier:
    • I buy the most expensive bed my sims can reasonably afford, at least +8, so they don't need to sleep for as long.
    • My sims wake up, take a shower, then eat a full breakfast before work, which will last them until bedtime.
    • The sims also make group servings of meals so they don't always need to cook.
    • If a sim isn't going to get a promotion that day, they chat with coworkers so they don't get stressed out.
    • I plan critical skill-building that isn't fun for when my sims' moods are high so they learn faster.

This isn't a specific schedule so much as planning activities for maximum efficiency, for example doing something fun and fulfilling a small wish to drive up a sim's mood, then skill building while they're happy. I think I wouldn't enjoy keeping to a particular schedule because it doesn't allow for spontaneity or quick adjustments.

If you really don't feel like there are enough hours in the sim-day, you might consider NRaas Relativity, which can slow down time however you want. The default time is 37, and anything in double digits is fine; I hear that 23 is popular.
  • Options
    There are lots of ways to go about this, depending on how you like to play. Personally, if I'm playing a single sim, I give them a hobby or put them in a profession that involves something fun, for example painting or playing chess. That way the sim can increase fun and build a relevant skill at the same time.

If I'm playing with a sim couple, I have them woohoo to take care of the fun motive, usually right before work and right after if someone's had a stressful day. It's a lot faster than watching TV and keeps the relationship up too.

• I buy the most expensive bed my sims can reasonably afford, at least +8, so they don't need to sleep for as long.
    • My sims wake up, take a shower, then eat a full breakfast before work, which will last them until bedtime.
    • If a sim isn't going to get a promotion that day, they chat with coworkers so they don't get stressed out.
    • I plan critical skill-building that isn't fun for when my sims' moods are high so they learn faster.

This isn't a specific schedule so much as planning activities for maximum efficiency, for example doing something fun and fulfilling a small wish to drive up a sim's mood, then skill building while they're happy. I think I wouldn't enjoy keeping to a particular schedule because it doesn't allow for spontaneity or quick adjustments.

If you really don't feel like there are enough hours in the sim-day, you might consider NRaas Relativity, which can slow down time however you want. The default time is 37, and anything in double digits is fine; I hear that 23 is popular.

I'll try it. Although the time is good right now, i can use it. My sims very often follow a very strict schedule but lots of moodiness can happen!
  • Options

I'll try it. Although the time is good right now, i can use it. My sims very often follow a very strict schedule but lots of moodiness can happen!

And i'll also try the cooking skill method. My Sims often burn foods every time, so I have to almost every time cook twice. I'll use the group method.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Autumn salad is available for lunch and dinner and doesn't require any time on the stove, so it's impossible to burn. It's also faster to make than almost anything else, at least until you get to sushi and fruit parfait at level 4.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member

Can I apply to be one of your sims? :mrgreen:
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Okay. This is what my usual Young Adult/Dropped out Teen's part time job/ is usually is.

At 8am on the first day the Sim moves there: They get a job and go to work the next day.

After noon from work: Sim has to eat and watch TV.

After work to 6PM: Sim has free time.

6pm to sleep: Sim gets ready for bed.

This schedule doesn't seem right to my daily Sims. Can you help making a better schedule for me? I think my Sim shouldn't start work the first day. Maybe wait until some skills are met before the Sim gets a job. Do you agree? Because I immediately give him a job around as he moves.

Luckily ... Schedules are not required in Sims 3, unless you simply desire to play that way.

Jobs become irrelevant when you figure out your Sim can earn a quarter of a million Simoleons in a day without cheating.
    Doing a variety of things tends to offer the opportunity to earn more Lifetime Rewards Points and faster.
    Spending those points on things that reduce your needs, provides for more time in the day.

More time in the day eventually leads to more skills and more opportunities.
    Sooner or later, almost all your Sim's time will be Freetime.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

Hey, nothing wrong with life imitating art, so to speak.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited April 2022
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

Hey, nothing wrong with life imitating art, so to speak.

…and that was the reason why Haruo and River had so many kids. 🤣 (in my last legacy). 🤣
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    When I play a new Sim, the first thing I do is send them off for necessities (Grocery & Bookstore) and then to the local library. At the library I have them read the first chapters of:

1- Charisma
    *After the first skill point this book is no longer needed as they increase the skill by meeting and interacting with the Sims of the town.

2- Logic
    *Increasing their logic allows the sim to learn and process information bit faster.

3- Cooking (especially for stove-challenged sims)
    *Autumn Salad is fine but, you can't make PB&J until you have that 1st skill point. And there has been plenty of times my Sims have eaten a hearty PB&J sandwich for breakfast until their cooking skill passed level 4 then it's fruit parfait.

4- Handiness
    *Cuz, that toilet is going to clog, and the sink will break all sooner than you would like!

Having them read the skill books lets me know if they are a sim who is naturally a fast learner or if the game created them as a slow learner. Once I have a clue as to how quickly they can learn, then I can better make plans on how to guide them.

Working:
    I do not get them jobs until they can take care of the basics for themselves. Once they have a job/career/profession, the daily schedule they keep all depends on the career path they are in. However, there are a few things which I adhere to all across the board.

Time:
    1). I do not allow my Sims to rise before 5:00am.
    2). Unless it is unavoidable, I do not allow my adult working Sims to stay up past 11pm during the work week (this does not apply to sims in Bridgeport).
    3).Children have bedtime limit of 9pm.

The reason for this is simple, effective learning, meaningful socialization and even fulfilling relaxation slows down the more tired they become. In the mornings, on this schedule, everyone has time to get ready for the day and have a good breakfast without rushing. Couples (& Families) can socialize over the breakfast table. While, children can have a little bit of time to play or watch TV (kids shows) before school begins.

Free time, which is totally autonomous comes on the weekends as long as all of the household chores are done and there isn't any unfinished business from the previous week. This is when I let them use the day however they want (until bedtime, that is) ;). Since my actives can't leave the house of their own free will, I keep an eye out for all of those 'go here' requests on that day.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    mw1525 wrote: »
    When I play a new Sim, the first thing I do is send them off for necessities (Grocery & Bookstore) and then to the local library. At the library I have them read the first chapters of:

1- Charisma
    *After the first skill point this book is no longer needed as they increase the skill by meeting and interacting with the Sims of the town.

2- Logic
    *Increasing their logic allows the sim to learn and process information bit faster.

3- Cooking (especially for stove-challenged sims)
    *Autumn Salad is fine but, you can't make PB&J until you have that 1st skill point. And there has been plenty of times my Sims have eaten a hearty PB&J sandwich for breakfast until their cooking skill passed level 4 then it's fruit parfait.

4- Handiness
    *Cuz, that toilet is going to clog, and the sink will break all sooner than you would like!

Having them read the skill books lets me know if they are a sim who is naturally a fast learner or if the game created them as a slow learner. Once I have a clue as to how quickly they can learn, then I can better make plans on how to guide them.

Working:
    I do not get them jobs until they can take care of the basics for themselves. Once they have a job/career/profession, the daily schedule they keep all depends on the career path they are in. However, there are a few things which I adhere to all across the board.

Time:
    1). I do not allow my Sims to rise before 5:00am.
    2). Unless it is unavoidable, I do not allow my adult working Sims to stay up past 11pm during the work week (this does not apply to sims in Bridgeport).
    3).Children have bedtime limit of 9pm.

The reason for this is simple, effective learning, meaningful socialization and even fulfilling relaxation slows down the more tired they become. In the mornings, on this schedule, everyone has time to get ready for the day and have a good breakfast without rushing. Couples (& Families) can socialize over the breakfast table. While, children can have a little bit of time to play or watch TV (kids shows) before school begins.

Free time, which is totally autonomous comes on the weekends as long as all of the household chores are done and there isn't any unfinished business from the previous week. This is when I let them use the day however they want (until bedtime, that is) ;). Since my actives can't leave the house of their own free will, I keep an eye out for all of those 'go here' requests on that day.

Good schedule! One thing is that my Sim just simply wakes up at 3-2 AM, which at the night, he is very tired and can't fill up his energy the next day without going to work. And I just wait until he gets a neutral energy moodlet before he goes to bed.

One question:
    Do you have a schedule when all your Sims have days off (Or the weekends) Do they also have a limited time before bedtime? I usually only play one, 17 year old young adult Sim. Also if I would change to your schedule I would regardless if in bridgeport would set the schedule up, at least happy for work.
    Post edited by ItsMeThatGuy on
  • Options
    I love to put other Sim's schedules methodically and love to play the Sims methodically as well.
  • Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    I use nraas Relativity Mod - https://www.nraas.net/community/Relativity-Interactions - to make sim days longer so sims have more time to do what it is that they do. I use Sarah's suggested settings and it works perfectly for my play style.
    https://simsarahsarah.tumblr.com/relativity
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited April 2022
    When I am sending my Sims off to dreamland for the night, after I click on their bed, I pull the little pull handle on the frame to set it to their 'standard wake-up' time. This time is always set according to the start time of their jobs/school. Sims who work in part-time jobs will always be set to wake-up at 10am. Sims who work in the military will have a set time of 5am. Unemployed Sims are always set to wake up at 6am.

Once they climb in bed and are asleep, I will drag the handle back to reset their time to the 'Sleep until Rested' time. If their 'rested time' is much longer than their 'standard time', I use that and just wake them up when their sleep meter is near full. Basically, this means I let them sleep as long as I can before they absolutely have to get up to start their day. If it falls before 5am or their 'standard wake-up time' I use that and then wake them up shortly after 5am. Hope that wasn't confusing.

Do you have a schedule when all your Sims have days off (Or the weekends)
    -My sims don't have a weekend schedule per se, but I will use this time to get them to finish tasks which may be left over or neglected from the previous week. Otherwise, I listen (thought bubbles) and watch (wishes) for the things they really want to do--then I allow them to do it. If neither of us has any ideas for how to best fill the time, I sometimes will pack a picnic lunch/dinner for them, put balls, a book, a radio or some other something which they like in their personal inventory and send them to the park for a while. Spontaneity and autonomy usually makes for some great memories!

Do they also have a limited time before bedtime?
    -I play to each sim as an individual, so that depends. If my sim comes home tired, I send them for a nap. When they awaken, they eat dinner, shower (or bathe) and return back to bed. If they are a student, and there is a little time before their actual bedtime, I'll have them do their homework. Otherwise, everything waits until the next morning when they are certain to get up at 5am well rested and in a much better mood.

Bridgeport
    -Because this is a town which focuses on 'night time', the day schedule I use for other towns doesn't really work there. At least not for me.

EDIT:
    Just realized I wrote something some folks may not understand and wanted to elaborate a bit. I know it sounds odd when I said I 'listen' to thought bubble. Let me quickly explain:

- Dialog balloons are things spoken to other Sims, while thought bubbles are things 'visually spoken' to the player. They are much better than wishes when it comes to knowing what your Sims actually want. Some wishes are paired with and triggered by certain actions and therefore aren't 'true' wishes. Whereas, thought bubbles (balloons) are a direct response to what is happening at that moment with the sim.
    Post edited by mw1525 on