Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

African World

2...Next

Comments

• ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    A properly done modern zoo would be a world in its own right, with no residences - just places for restaurants and shops, and maybe an exhibit hall/museum.

That said, I'd rather have an African inspired world with a safari aspect (pictures only, of course.)

This is why I can't see them doing zoos. An ethical zoo enclosure would in most cases be larger than a 64x64 lot, (there was a minor uproar when the enclosure for Polar bears for Planet Zoo required about half of the total zoo area), which of course means no lots to edit, aside from maybe one tourist information centre.

Then you have to think about gameplay. What will your Sims do? Most of them, all they will do is view them like they were an exhibition at the museum. Given the amount of animals that would need to be animated, including separate unique behaviours, essentially a Cottage Living 2, all to create a glorified museum that you can't edit or interact with beyond "view". And we all know how repetitive an interactive zookeeper career will be, like all the other careers (veterinary career 2 anyone?)
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would love an African world drawing from varied cultures, climates and panoramas in Africa. I've been incredibly busy but when I get a chance to play again, I would jump on having an African world and packs or kits. I really think it needs the world to be fully complete, just kits aren't really enough. I'd have interest in the animals and nature but the people and respecting their cultures are as important.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    Hmmm... Being mauled by Lions, Tigers and Bears OH MY!
    Sounds fun!
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    A properly done modern zoo would be a world in its own right, with no residences - just places for restaurants and shops, and maybe an exhibit hall/museum.

That said, I'd rather have an African inspired world with a safari aspect (pictures only, of course.)

This is why I can't see them doing zoos. An ethical zoo enclosure would in most cases be larger than a 64x64 lot, (there was a minor uproar when the enclosure for Polar bears for Planet Zoo required about half of the total zoo area), which of course means no lots to edit, aside from maybe one tourist information centre.

Then you have to think about gameplay. What will your Sims do? Most of them, all they will do is view them like they were an exhibition at the museum. Given the amount of animals that would need to be animated, including separate unique behaviours, essentially a Cottage Living 2, all to create a glorified museum that you can't edit or interact with beyond "view". And we all know how repetitive an interactive zookeeper career will be, like all the other careers (veterinary career 2 anyone?)

I also doubt they will make a zoo in the true sense with many different types of animals and what not. Also a zoo would be more like Batuu than Cottage Living, a sort of park where you watch some animals. Doubt they will make all the different animals interactable because they are not pets and the gameplay would be about feeding them and cleaning their enclosure and people don't like cleaning part too much. Might be easier to create some sort of sanctuary and rescue type organization geared towards just one animal or type of animals, like maybe a panda rescue, or owls, or maybe wolves. Kind of like how they did the turtle hatching in Sulani. You can watch them but can't really interact with them. It might be nice to go once, but then it will gradually become boring.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    If we get an African World I want train rides that aren't rabbitholes that sims can ride on. Tour trains.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I don't necessarily think a zoo would be great but it would be awesome to have a world based off Africa, that might be another destination world where you can go on 'safari' .. ok I don't really know what that means, but I'm picturing a conservation area where you sims can go and view the animals in the wild. You can have little challenges like getting photos of certain animals and so on..
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Who needs an African savanna first? Well I’m the only simmer who would love an Egyptian desert world, cause I’ve been thinking about deserts with pyramids and palm trees
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Who needs an African savanna first? Well I’m the only simmer who would love an Egyptian desert world, cause I’ve been thinking about deserts with pyramids and palm trees

You're not the only one. I'd love to have an Egyptian-inspired desert world, too, with or without pyramid type structures. I've heard some simmers say things like "We already had that." But I didn't, because I didn't play the older games. Well, some of Sims 3, but not enough to matter much, I guess.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    For a desert addition to the game, I'd personally rather have something in the Australian Outback first, but I'd be down for Egypt too.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    This would be cool too.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I think they could do zoos. Someone mentioned animals and free living, but that isn't entirely true. Cows ect. are tied to sheds and therefore zoo animals can indeed be tied to pens. Imagine animals, balloons, maybe elephant rides, mooooor food stalls, and a suvenier stall since they won't give us stores. I think they'd do it.
  • MsDSweetsMsDSweets Posts: 86 Member
    edited April 2022
    If EA/MAXIS did an "African" type world, my hope is that it would be done similar to Mt. Komorebi. My reasoning is because Africa has arid areas, forestry areas, industrialized cities, ice-caps and beautiful shorelines. With the Mt. Komorebi type, more than one climate could be made available, thereby satisfying various types of gameplay in an African type world.

Also, authentic African styled clothing from various regions would also be awesome. For example, the Fulani dress differently than the Xhosa, who dress differently than the Eritrea....

This discussion is positive because it is allowing us to talk about Africa in a more dynamic way. Thank you for being receptive to my culture.