Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims - The Next Generation

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Cool. I've played all four versions and have always dropped the current version like a hot potato for the new shiny but I'm really hoping it's not happening anytime soon. I'm really enjoying 4 and have quite a bit of content still to experience.
  • Options
    Redd99Redd99 Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank you first of all for reading my comment but it has been about 8 years since Sims 4 was released.I grew up playing Sims all the way from the first sims. I would love to see the Spin Offs to make a comeback actually. Especially Castaway stories I was in love with that one, it can be revamped and I loved the Idea of the survival mode. It was giving virtual villagers vibes and it just had me stuck for hours on end.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    For me, this is easy to comment on what I want. I want a mix of the following:

Sims 1: All of the families from all packs and the Sims 1 exchange if anyone remembers that.

Sims 2: Memory System, Jealousy, Chemistry, Attraction, Community Lots, Sim Customization, Fury, Family Tree, Visible/Voice Differences between Teens, YA, and Adults, Personality (Zodiac Signs), Turn Ons/Turn Offs, Aspirations, Lifetime Wants, Wants/Fears, CAS Outfit Categories, 4 Year University, Neighborhoods from Spin Off games: Four Corners, Sedona, Arbor Falls, Mesa Flats, Bitville, Riverside, Garden Heights.

Sims 3: Traits, Open World

Sims 4: Sim Customization, Appearance, CAS Outfit Categories.

I am sure I am missing more features but I can't think of any.
  • Options
    iThreeMusketsiThreeMuskets Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Onverser said:
    > I'm hoping the graphics will be more realistic and less "doll-like". I want a life simulator not a doll house simulator. I don't want "uncanny valley"/ultra realistic, but it'd be nice to have at least some more realistic details to sims appearances. This is the kind of thing I hope to see in the next game:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I want to see more realistic skin texture/color, more detailed eyes, eyebrows that actually have hairs and aren't just blocks, textured lips, black hair that isn't blue, eyelashes that aren't just chunky lines, more age features for older sims and more realistic body details/proportions for sims. Also I want grass to actually be grass. I hate how it's just a bright green blob in 4.

I see what you mean but at the same time, TS4 being a "doll house simulator" is what sets it unique from other games, I see a photo of a sim with no context, and boom, I recognize it's from TS4. Maybe they could do this if they ever make TS5 but I think, again, the graphics right now in TS4 is what makes the game unique.
  • Options
    AlyssaBrosiBAlyssaBrosiB Posts: 17 Member
    ts4 emotions ts2 teen acne ts2 changing table crib block draw table from sims 2 freeplay being able 2 wash our face and hands and brush teeth being able to bathe bABIES IN THE SINK in sims 2 oh and no more doll like skins and hair and ts3 color wheel for every thing oh and lets not forget cars and to be able too take our kids too school via car and control them in school and at work oh and we need babies like in sims 2 only as a toddler the crawl before they walk they cant auto walk once aged up there totally dependent on us and we need breastfeeding and bottles but not like in sims 3 or sims 4 more sims 2 and u need to bring back where we can make baby food via meals no solids until there children me i wouldn't want pets unless they weren't controllable because its more realistic more like sims 2 version were there behavior has more impact
    i do like the parent hood pack from sims 4 that is a definite must have for next gen sims game oh and realistically not everyone can afford the sims if u want more of a impact make it free but were we can buy any amount of Simoleans we want for the price of real life money like me for example i get an allowance of 40 dollars a week as an allowance if i didn't have my parents money its all i could afford but imagine people who cant afford a 60 dollar sims game because they don't have that luxury like i do i just Wana make it fair for everyone
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,398 Member
    Awesome find from @kaiwrysims

More and more hints that the next generation will have strong "narrative" elements and "lore."
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    shotbyronshotbyron Posts: 59 Member
    I want to be able to free roam in first person. Being able to go into FP mode and just walk around the house, freely looking where I want and interacting with the world around me. I also would love to see mini game. For example a pool table. How about allowing us to actually play pool. Throw darts, play "juice" pong. There are a ton of things they could do here. This would be especially fun if they offer online play. Could you imagine going into your friends world. Heading down to the pool hall and then playing a mini game of pool with them? Would add so much to this game imo. And of course I want open world. The ability to walk, bike, run or even drive around the world. I don't need every lot to be interactive or build able.
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member

More and more hints that the next generation will have strong "narrative" elements and "lore."

I saw that tweet floating around Twitter a week ago, the person who tweeted it failed to mention that this is actually a job listing for the Sims 4 as it states "You will be reporting to a Lead Producer on The Sims 4 ." Maybe for someone to help with the lore updates or lore for new packs.
    Here's the link if anyone wants to read it: https://ea.gr8people.com/jobs/173833/narrative-producer-maxis?locale=en

I'm surprised they are still hiring for the Sims 4, I guess there is still another year or 2 left of this iteration? I remember last year that they were hiring for a similar position for 'the next generation of The Sims' so it will definitely be a feature in the Sims 5, just how we have no idea but part of me thinks that the game will feature a story mode which will be similar to Life Stories.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    If they're still hiring then it seems it may be a while before we see the lore update.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    gc6164 wrote: »

I saw that tweet floating around Twitter a week ago, the person who tweeted it failed to mention that this is actually a job listing for the Sims 4 as it states "You will be reporting to a Lead Producer on The Sims 4 ." Maybe for someone to help with the lore updates or lore for new packs.
    Here's the link if anyone wants to read it: https://ea.gr8people.com/jobs/173833/narrative-producer-maxis?locale=en

I'm surprised they are still hiring for the Sims 4, I guess there is still another year or 2 left of this iteration? I remember last year that they were hiring for a similar position for 'the next generation of The Sims' so it will definitely be a feature in the Sims 5, just how we have no idea but part of me thinks that the game will feature a story mode which will be similar to Life Stories.

I'm the person lol and when I looked at the job listing at the time it didn't mention the sims 4 and just said "the sims"
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    The fact that you tweeted about it and plumbella/other creators blew it up probably caused EA to clarify the post
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Garfieldwxg55Garfieldwxg55 Posts: 76 Member
    I know this is a bit specific, but if they ever did a "different" Star Wars DLC, I'd like to see an alien species customizer (Zabrak, Togruta, Twi'lek, maybe Chiss, etc).
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I enjoy Batuu however, I wish we could get a parody of Star Trek in the Sims 4 vanilla that is. I so want Klingons.
  • Options
    SirianaSimsSirianaSims Posts: 177 Member
    Unlike a lot of other people, I don't want an open world, it took AGES to travel around in Sims 3. I also don't want more realistic Sims, I don't even like alpha CC, it veers into uncanny valley for me. I think the Pixar-look is perfect, although I do add better default eyes, but they're still cartoony. And feet that actually have toes.

I do, however, want more variety in heights and body shapes, and I would love better colour customisation of furniture and clothing, it's so annoying trying to get things from different packs to match. And I'd love more life stages, at least a pre-teen one, and more interesting babies. And bring back horses and give us more exotic pets like birds and reptiles.
    generation5juliapaul.png
  • Options
    CeremonsenCeremonsen Posts: 2 New Member
    Regarding The Sims 4, if the characters looked in the game as they look in the character editor, it would be already good.
    As for The Sims 5, I wish the characters and environments were more realistic.
    For instance, Characters in XCOM 2 look great, IMO.
    Also, I'd like to see extended character, environment, texture, and color customization. Advanced AI.
  • Options
    CeremonsenCeremonsen Posts: 2 New Member
    However, I believe that TS 5 is gonna be the online version of TS 4.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Ceremonsen wrote: »
    However, I believe that TS 5 is gonna be the online version of TS 4.

i seriously hope not and that the sims5 will remain single player otherwise i will stick to the sims4 and not movve on to the sims5 sims5 online in my book is a big no as a player
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2022
    If we, the players, could design it!

If I was the VP/GM of The Sims, I would be focused on options to create a society.
    I'm less interested by the point of view of a single sim or household.

Like ants, each sim would play a role as a part of a whole.

I would also add a soap opera gameplay inspired by The Young and The Reckless, the sims could be ambitious, vicious and manipulative.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    TS4 is homogenized enough, thanks, and already not liked by many. As for the other, RL is full of that already so don't need it in a game that's intended to get away from that mess for a while.
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    I just want a "sims3" that runs smoothly. Is that too much to ask? I would LOVE more realistic looking sims. I would also love to have the ability to play and build historical worlds without modern amenities. Thats my favorite way to play.
  • Options
    Will we learn more during The Sims Summit?
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited September 2022
    Behind The Sims : Summit (BTS… Behind the scene ? Showtime roadmap ???)

Maybe the next generation of TS4 basegame :p

c7rm3swypr44.jpg
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I just want the sims 5 to be about exceeding expectations rather than letting us down again and again.

For example.. instead of “oh there is no ghosts, or hot tubs and toddlers” it would be nice if instead we say “oh they added weather and there are pets in this one!”

Does this stop seasons and Pet expansion? No.. because instead of saying “oh this could have been in the base game” or “we only get cats and dogs” we could be saying “oh my god, you should get these packs, I’m looking after my snakes” or “there was a snowstorm at winter and the school had to close”.

Like.... surely this is better.. you get the same money but people are happy 😂
  • Options
    SesheteSeshete Posts: 5 New Member
    I want the UI to be planned with the expansions in mind. For example, all the 'Career' options should be under 'Career' from the very start. Doing 'Business' research or 'Spy' stuff should all be under this Careers option. There should be an 'Occult' section with subsections for each occult type. 'Vampire Secrets' on the computer should be under that 'Occult' section.

Stalls, bars, waitstaff, and other job-holding townies should be taken from a special townie set just for that purpose. As hilarious as it is for Vladislaus Straud to man the hot dog stall, it gets old quickly.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Just like in TS2 :)