Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like Monthly premium content ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
edited April 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hi,

Would you like Monthly premium content like TS3 Store did ?

I mean it's not a Gameplay Kit like K04 Bust The Dust, it's more of an object with new animations like a pinball machine or like the hot tub did in SP02 Perfect Patio Stuff.

Would you like Monthly premium content ? 106 votes

Yes
17%
LeGardePourpreLesejbSusanaLeotesimgirl1010sims4me222alanmichael1Sucomashcrash19BabykittyjadeChadSims2YBNS2468Horrorgirl6comicsforlifeBehappy1stChicklet453681SimskristamunroelePeralZazzyKittyn 19 votes
No
73%
crocobauraEvvieSimmerGoldmoldarAlexaiIsb917shellbemeelanorbretonCynnaMariefoxprice83MagdaleenaSavorySageluthienrisingNinoosimmueller_liteLustianiciabarraakenolisasc360CarmineKhrisstyneFelicity 78 votes
Other choice
8%
MichelleWxoJessifriendlysimmersCinebarspend4zenAtreya33GlacierSnowHoveraelCalico45 9 votes

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    If it gets me the object and a new animation then sure 😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Yes
    At this point I'd pay just to have something like tag 😅
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    No
    Eh, I think I'm good with kits. I would think you'd have one or the other.
    edited April 2022
    Yes
    This format actually makes me think of patreon and I like patreon. I mean if I'm willing to pay crreators monthly for a jump rope and other things then why not EA?
    I feel like people have something personal agaisnt EA sometimes. A creator littledica just came out with a Katy perry sweet treats pack! (Anyone into cc should go check it out it's amazing. Luumia made the trailer)
    And someone said "when I saw this I thought it was from EA and I got mad. Then I saw it was from a creator and I think this is awesome." Weird right?
    Creators do this monthly subscription format all the time and get nothing but praise. I bet if EA does this people will throw a fit.
    If you mean free even better. But I would be willing to pay for it.

Post edited by Babykittyjade on
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    They can keep sneaking in random objects in the game updates. That’s good enough for me.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 339 Member
    No
    I hated the concept of the TS2 store & I refused to support it. I am willing to purchase EPs, SPs & GPs, but I draw the line at kits & other microtransactions. There is absolutely no need for yet another form of DLC. If the devs decide to further monitize TS4 by adding a 5th type of micro DLC, I will quit the game & the franchise for good.
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    Other choice
    I chose other bc I need more information. Is this a subscription service? Then the answer is a big NO. Is this get it if You want it, really really cheap? Then maybe. My complaint is what it always is. EA/Maxis needs to fix the stuff that don't work before adding new stuff that wont work right. I don't want a pinball machine if it's going to be glitchy. Cross stitch does not work right now most the time, Dine out is still a mess after all this time, and the list go's on. I love this game but they need to fix stuff before just throwing more bugs into the game and if they are pushed to make something every month and get it out on time its going to be really iffy stuff.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited April 2022
    No
    They can barely release content now as it is, they don't need more things to work on.

They also seem to be very reluctant to add gameplay items overall so I doubt that these items would be gameplay related. They would probably be alternative beds, hot tubs or something similar.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Other choice
    Depends on how they did it. I didn't like the Sims 3 store for a number of reasons, so if this is the Sims 4 store then no. However, if they committed to some sort of regular monthly pack, then bring it on. (No subscriptions, though, please and thank you.)

The smaller the increment sold, the more you pay so I really don't want individual object purchases back. Even if there are collective pack options, it sets a higher floor for all the prices.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Other choice
    If it is a subscription, then the answer is a straight "no".

If it is optional, and you just pay for what you want to buy, then I really don't care. They can do as they please. I will, as always, only buy new content if I want it strongly enough to part with my money.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2022
    No
    They are doing a store on a small level and unlike in Sims 3 where packs came out regularly, the pattern has changed in Sims 4 with more kits and other way of implementing items at cost and a long period between release of packs.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    edited April 2022
    No
    I voted no, but should have voted “other” because it depends on the format. I actually liked the TS3 store, because it was all optional, pay as you go, had a wide variety of items and custom options. But I wouldn’t want to pay a monthly subscription to have ages pass where I downloaded absolutely nothing.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    No
    The Sims 3 Store still doesn't work that well. I wouldn't want those problems in Sims 4.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    No
    I don't want monthly anything

(like not so you have to pay monthly to get something cause i would literally never sign up for that i don't want to use money on a game monthly regardless of game and regardless of sum i prefer to use money when i want on a specific thing not subsription to possible things all the time)

I have nothing against making kits with gameplay items though like sure make arcade kit or something would be fun n all
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited April 2022
    No
    I recently cancelled several Patreon subscriptions, as along with various apps I used, I noticed that I was just throwing money away like crazy. That $3-5 here and there added up to almost $100.

This reeks of the same flavor. However, if SDX content,without paying extra, I wouldn't mind.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited April 2022
    No
    I played The Sims Online back when it was released but that's as far as I will go. I pay enough for the packs I want anyway. If they have to resort to another monthly subscription service just to play the game, then no.

I am seriously rethinking my Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack subscription. I only had it for the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Happy Home Paradise DLC, and any past Mario Kart games I wasn't able to play. Nintendo is adding race tracks from those games to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe anyway. I may just cancel the AC:NH Expansion Pack portion (that allows me access to the HHP DLC) and buy 2 Nintendo Switch eShop cards to keep for my Switches. Unless they add new games I absolutely must have (like Tetris).
    Post edited by EricasFreePlay on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2022
    Other choice
    Maybe. I bet no one expected I would say that since I'm so against microtransactions.

If they want to release just an object for sale, that came in other packs that I don't own, like TS2's Original Store did in the beginning of it, then yes, maybe. That way players who didn't want things like Vampires in their games could have purchased just the thing they did want as so many say they just got it for the build/buy etc.

I didn't like how TS3's store Rarely released objects from some of the worlds and or packs that I didn't have. I wound up paying $5.00 for a violin, when they finally separated it from one of the worlds.

Expensive, for one item, but I wanted that item.

I'm not a fan of kits since they seem to be all about fluff and no gameplay, however, I might like a TS4 store, if someday they want to add in something from one of the packs, like slow dancing, so I don't have to purchase MWS. If they would make animations universal instead of tied to a specific pack, such as Vet Career but no other Pets, then yeah, maybe.

Separate the doctor career, then yeah, or things like that....think bigger for store content rather than just an animated object.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yes
    I would be interested even if it's a $1 or $2 item.

It's depressing the lack of new activities months after months. There are so much things which will never include in the upcoming packs.

For example Island Living is available but Surf is missing. Maxis won't do another Tropical pack.
    And they won't do a "refresh" update for 40 packs to add all the missing activities available in the previous games.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    No
    How about a dollar voting system for stuff. EA puts up an gofundme style page with stuff we want for the game and lists a cost for that item. People vote and once the cost is met, EA needs to produce that content.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    No
    crocobaura wrote: »
    How about a dollar voting system for stuff. EA puts up an gofundme style page with stuff we want for the game and lists a cost for that item. People vote and once the cost is met, EA needs to produce that content.

Well, a company can do whatever it wants, I suppose. I just hope that isn't what they'd want to do. Stuff like that can be incredibly divisive among fans even if it's marketed as "more choices." It can turn even the most pleasant of gaming communities into vicious beasts at each others' throats to try and "win" their favorite projects.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    No
    VeeDub wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »

Well, a company can do whatever it wants, I suppose. I just hope that isn't what they'd want to do. Stuff like that can be incredibly divisive among fans even if it's marketed as "more choices." It can turn even the most pleasant of gaming communities into vicious beasts at each others' throats to try and "win" their favorite projects.

I am not sure why it would be divisive, stuff will be made with priority depending on how fast funds can be collected and there is large chance that all projects will eventually secure enough votes to be implemented. Once the project is released, everyone will get a chance to buy it and seeing as production costs have already been met, all sales will be profit. They could also be bundled up with other stuff as incentives. People who voted for it will get it for free or a heavy discount depending on how much they contributed to the project. Might not be a feasible idea, but I think it would be better than paying a monthly fee for some yet undefined content that you may not like or want or use in your game.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    No
    Another type of microtransaction? Oh god no :# The five billion kits is quite enough for me
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    No
    Hard to say without seeing the store or items being offered, but I'm voting no based on a monthly subscription type store with some new items every month. I have enough monthly subscriptions to manage, I wouldn't want to add another. I also think there is more value in a kit then with an individual purchase. The kits are around $6 with enough items to make each item less than a dollar, but I have a hard time imagining an online store selling any single item for less than a dollar. I would rather they just pack a lot more items into expansion or game packs though.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    No
    I would not mind if they did it like the Sims 3 store did, but I guarantee you they would not. Sims 3 store was ridiculously expensive if you bought the cheapest points and never did anything like complete your set. However, part of what made the Sims 3 store for me just fine was combining ads, daily deals, and complete your set to get free items that could cascade into heavily discounted sets into heavily discounted compilations. I won't say that the sets/compilations were free even when you didn't have to pay for them because at some point, I usually had to buy an item or two to get everything flowing.

However, I would not want a subscription service at all, which is probably the route Sims 4 would take.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Other choice
    I would willingly pay a little more for exclusive/premium content if the content is a complete overhaul of this dreadfully atrocious autonomy. Sign me up the moment it happens!