Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you be interested by The Sims Netflix series ?

Β«1
LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
Hi,

Imagine if EA and Fortiche (Arcane series) decide to tell the (dark) story of the Landgraab and Goth families, would you be interested ?

Why the Landgraab are so mean, there is certainly a good reason.

Would you be interested by The Sims Netflix series ? 113 votes

Yes
22%
LeGardePourpreshellbemeGothangelsimternetmasterduhboy2u2BabykittyjadeAverageLuluSunflowergal227doogerieMendotaCattyBetsyZandlolaHeronyxLT24jpsulsuldagdagJunkyPoembookwormsimmer25HeathertibbApostolosJenBerrypichu 25 votes
No
70%
crocobauracanitbemanicmnfrshMichelleWCamkatsuetoopStormkeepMonaSolstraaleSimburianSusanaLeoteCynnaheiblumeMariefoxprice83SerraNolwensimgirl1010friendlysimmersg01denswanSeera1024luthienrisingloubyloulou 80 votes
Other choice
7%
Isb917ChazzzySimmingalElliandreZazzyKittynUmbreon12Chaotic_MoiraRandomizedSimmer 8 votes

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited April 2022
    No
    Nope. There are certain game narratives and worlds I wouldn't mind seeing shows and movies of, but nothing as sandbox dependent as the Sims. If the reason I like it is because of my own creativity, what reason do I have to assume I will like the story line of this show other than vaguely inspired "lore?"

Besides, it is the kind of game hard for me to even watch others play it, much less a live action reimagining. I would much rather play the game myself instead.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yes
    I would like to know more about the context of this universe, it will inspire me.

It's easier to customize an existing story than starting from scratch a new universe.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited April 2022
    Other choice
    would i be interested?
    yes

would i like it?
    probably not :sweat_smile:

I have big track record of hating tv show versions of things

and the butchering of the stories they do with making everything into sexy trendy tv series

I prefer the lore as it is, open ended and up to player I think reducing the lore possibilities to just one canon story would be destruction of it

+ honestly i cannot believe people making tv show would be half as geek about getting it all right according to existing lore as your usual sims lore nerds are and even i make mistakes sometimes even when i am unhealthily obsessive about it so like id rather they don't mess with it tbh :sweat_smile: I don't particularily want to see how much of a mess it would be
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yes
    It could be the events that happened before the players arrived.

The object descriptions often talk about events that we can't rewrite, it's a part of the game.

• HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member
    Yes
    I would be interested in having the storyline about Bella Goth's abduction from The Sims 2 fleshed out and I would also like to know more about the Curious family from Strangeville.
    For me what would be great would be a series using CGI, not live action, with the main families Goth and Landgraab as the main protagonists but with other famous characters also explored as secondary protagonists.
    Realistically for a Netflix format I think one season that focuses on each of the families might be the best way to go about it. There's a lot of internal lore within the Sims and I don't think it would be good to do it all at once.
    What would be essential for me to enjoy this show would be if it stuck to the original source material and didn't do any sort of tokenism. I'm black and I don't appreciate characters being race or gender swapped in fiction. It's cheap and annoying.
    Also if it can stay away from feminist and other contemporary tropes like say Jenny Smith being dissatisfied with her husband and whinging about it (as if she didn't marry the alien who impregnated her father.) that would be great.
    Ultimately I would be very interested in watching a Sims based web series, but quite frankly with the state of culture at the moment I don't think it's possible to make one that wouldn't annoy long time Sims fans. Looking at other game or comic book based Netflix series, I don't think it's a good idea.
    Netflix can only do good things for True Crime documentaries. American games don't translate well to the screen. This won't be like the PokΓ©mon animation in the 90s, because the culture is more bigoted now.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    No
    I honestly don't care about the premades that much and I'm really, really behind on my Netflix viewing anyway.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ApostolosJenApostolosJen Posts: 35 Member
    Yes
    In a gameplay sense, yes.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    No
    I'm not even subscribed to Netflix.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    No
    I don't have Netflix and I'd rather buy a new kit every month than subscribe to Netflix. I don't really care to know more about the background of NPC characters but if it's a nicely made movie, like the Lego Movie was, I'd probably watch it in theater.
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    No
    At it's core, the Sims is a game where the narrative is driven by the player. While there are existing storylines with the included families, whether those storylines continue with what was established, go a different path, don't happen at all, or even completely rewritten into something new is up to the player. I rather make my own stories with the Sims and "play with life" as was the slogan than watch it on Netflix.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    No
    I prefer to only play Sims not watch them on Netflix.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    No
    I prefer to make up my own stories for the sims.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Other choice
    Maybe. I'd have to see the trailer first :wink:
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    No
    The stories in the game are enough for me. I don't have Netflix, and I'm honestly not very interested in getting it either. I do watch a movie occasionally, but I spend very little time with series. There's so much other stuff I want to spend time with, things that are less passive.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    No
    It woulsnt stay true to the sims silly nature and would try to hard to be edgy and racy, like they did with Riverdale. So unnecessary
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    No
    I voted no, but then I remembered "Free Guy" with Ryan Reynolds. A kind of good movie, about a non played character in a video game. It would work with the Sims game, and EA would love gulping down all the cash such a movie release would entail. But it would also force them to fix all the bugs in the game to accomodate all the new players, I reckon
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Other choice
    Only if it’s animated with Sims characters telling the story like machinima with English speakers. That sounds interesting.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    No
    I rarely like TV shows or films based on games, and I'm 100% certain I'd never watch one based on stories that I found extremely dull in the first place in the game(s) from which they came.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    edited April 2022
    No
    A television show by some director about a game that's basically an animated interactive television show where you're the director? I don't see the point.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited April 2022
    No
    Wasn't this attempted with the Sims before? I think there actually was a Sims movie based on FreePlay a while back? I think it was The Sims Spark'd or something like that? I am not sure it did that well so no I would not like to see a sequel.
    Post edited by EricasFreePlay on
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Yes
    With so much lore tied to the 20yr franchise, I'd love to see an interpretation of the chronological breakdown. There's multiple Malcolms, the Goth's family connections to Crumplebottom/Newbie/Bachelor, Bella's alien involvement, Johnny Zest...

• simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    No
    I just know it would be cringe
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    No
    Hi,

Imagine if EA and Fortiche (Arcane series) decide to tell the (dark) story of the Landgraab and Goth families, would you be interested ?

Why the Landgraab are so mean, there is certainly a good reason.

The whole point for the Sims.Its for us to control and tell our stories.Having a sims series would take away from that .It misses the main point of the sims.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No
    Who says the Landgraabs are so mean? Maybe the Goths have a dark side since they had so many dead relatives buried in the backyard. :#
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    No
    They were just made up stories in the first place to show off the traits they appeared to have. I don't mind if they do make more of a story about them as I never play them anyway. I usually delete all the early Sims. Some of the later ones I keep.