Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

πŸ’œ Quick Creativity CAS Challenge πŸ’œ GLovelysQCC

Comments

• GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 793 Member
    edited April 2022
    πŸ’œ 55th WEEK CHALLENGE! πŸ’œ

πŸŽ‡πŸŽ‰ Pack Giveaway Theme! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‡

I do love to collaborate and co-host challenges and with that in mind, let's welcome Lonny, @Lonnykins as director of our next QCC theme! He helped me out sooo much by going through tons of monthly national holidays and listed anything and everything that could be creatively twisted up into a fun, new QCC for me! So, in doing that, here's where we're all at ...

Creative Direction & Rules:

This one is in the spirit of celebration again but this time we're taking a closer look to what we can book on that in game sims calendar! There are plenty of activities, events and holidays already made for us to play in game so in this challenge we encourage you to look at what's not there to create a whole new Sim-National affair ;)

Your Challenge:

Create one sim household of up to four sims that are dressed like they are ready to attend the Sim-National event you create. Be unique as you always are, imagining things sims can do across the simsverse, near or far. You can choose to make a brand new holiday that you'd love to see for real in game some day. Or, you can imagine up a new weekly, monthly or annual Sim-National festival, ceremony or other special event.
    In your household description ~ Give your event/holiday a title, describe the activities sims would be participating in during it and even consider explaining why your holiday/festival/ceremony or event began, similar to an origin story for your Sim-National event. The goal is to make up your very own sims special event or holiday that doesn't already exist in game. For example, here are a few titles I just created off the cuff ;)

"Sim-National Grilled Cheese Day", "Sim-National Yoga Appreciation Day", "Rock the SimsWorld Music Festival" "Willow Creek Annual Chess Championship"!

Feel free to find inspiration in one of those silly titles or play around with anything and everything we have within The Sims to come up with something specific to you and the way you love to play!

AND

Feel free to make up a room, no larger than 12x12, that clearly represents your imaginative sims event too! This room challenge is OPTIONAL though, because as you all know my passion for creativity lies in great sims with even better stories! If you do choose to make a room, please also make the sims we would see celebrating in them.

Lonny and I will select winners from both CAS and room entries this round. Hopefully some of the amazing entries we name will also need an EP, GP, stuff pack or kit. If you are entering "for fun" because you do not need any packs, please note that somewhere on your entry. You can write "for fun entry" in the description or the comments. Thank you πŸ’œ

When finished, please upload your household and optional room to the gallery using the #GLovelysQCC hashtag.

CAS entries due by Friday 4/22/22 ~ ROOM entries due by Thursday 4/21/23 ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so we can have some households and rooms full of aweSIM creativity to nominate for a Maxis Fav!

Rules:
    1. Create UP TO FOUR sims, toddler to elder. You can include pets but please do not go over the four sim limit which includes pets.
    2. Style all of your sims outfits in fashions they would wear to celebrate/attend your created "Sim-National" holiday/festival/event/ceremony.
    3. In your description explain your Sim-National event. Tell it's name, the activities sims do during it, the origin of the event, etc.
    4. Custom posed entries which include the use of defaults are permitted as "just for fun" entries only. Custom entries with defaults or poses do not have an opportunity to earn a Maxis nomination or fav. In addition, custom entries would not qualify for prize round challenges.
    5. Re-uploaded entries, in other words entries copied from other simmers creations, will be disqualified.
    6. Have a blast creating for our forum and gallery friends!
    7. Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

πŸ’œ We'll celebrate all of your made up Sim-National Events, festivals and holidays during our next QCC stream ~ Saturday 4/23/22 at 12:00 PM EST on my Twitch channel! πŸ’œ

Thank you for all the love, support and Carnaval Carnival fun experiences during our last Stream here β†’

πŸ’œ Also, please join us in Planet Sims Discord ~ Active link, just click the words πŸ’œ

Happy creating everyone!
    Post edited by GLovely1 on
    Please join my πŸ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge πŸ’œ forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    Is it ok for a sim to be pregnant without it counting as a 4th person?
    Is it ok for a sim to be pregnant without it counting as a 4th person?

Oh, this is a great question! Let's go with pregnant sims still count as one sim even though the game counts them as at least 2 in the household. Does that help?
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• NeoFelis22NeoFelis22 Posts: 194 Member
    For those who either don't have Seasons, haven't played in a while, or just need a refresher, here are links to two sites that go over the pre-created holidays already in the game:

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Holiday

https://thegamer.com/the-sims-4-seasons-holiday-calendar-guide/

I know that I needed this, so hopefully they'll help someone else too. 😁
    edited April 2022
    @GLovely1 yes it does because for a little story I had in mind for the sims and there holidays it would work out for her to be pregnant. Edit I decided not to make her pregnant
    Post edited by DuckyQueen on
    edited April 2022
    AACDA887-3039-48-BA-9-F58-A32-C9-B55-F21-B.jpg
    Meet the Bell’s. There Holiday is Sim-National Romance Week they love this Week because it’s the week Kristen and (oh snap I forgot his name) got engaged and they got married a year later in Sim-National Romance week. It’s also the week the woohooed and Kristen got pregnant with Kasey. A few years later Kristen got pregnant from another Woohoo during Sim-National romance week. Sim-National Romance week is coming up soon. Will Kasey and Caleb get another sibling?
    If I win I would like Get together. The origins of this Holiday was a couple in Windenburg wanted a festival to celebrate all love. Now on the last day of this week San Myshuno holds a romance festival. This is the most popular week for couples to get together get engaged and become married. Also for some reason this is when most cow plants are grown… My origin ID is PrimaryCare
    Post edited by DuckyQueen on
    AACDA887-3039-48-BA-9-F58-A32-C9-B55-F21-B.jpg
    Meet the Bell’s. There Holiday is Sim-National Romance Week they love this Week because it’s the week Kristen and (oh snap I forgot his name) got engaged and they got married a year later in Sim-National Romance week. It’s also the week the woohooed and Kristen got pregnant with Kasey. A few years later Kristen got pregnant from another Woohoo during Sim-National romance week. Sim-National Romance week is coming up soon. Will Kasey and Caleb get another sibling?
    The origins of this Holiday was a couple in Windenburg wanted a festival to celebrate all love. Now on the last day of this week San Myshuno holds a romance festival. This is the most popular week for couples to get together get engaged and become married. Also for some reason this is when most cow plants are grown… My origin ID is PrimaryCare

They look fantastic and I love their fun, silly celebration of all love kinda story! Will you please do me a favor and reshare your entry to the gallery with the correct tag? The "s" is missing from the one you used ;) Thanks so much! πŸ’œ
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

@GLovely1 I fixed the issue and reshared them
    Thanks @YellowLady πŸ’œ I'll grab them from the gallery asap! I just posted the connected room challenge on the gallery too if you're interested ;)
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• dythiadythia Posts: 104 Member
    edited April 2022
    Screenshot2022041420.png
    The Kendall family is a family who decided to celebrate SimNational Venture Out Day, a holiday made to celebrate venturing out of your comfort zone. Cody hates pink and will never wear or even touch it if given a choice, but is actually really excited to try it for this one day. Maybe he'll like it! Gabrielle is so lazy that her husband and daughter have had to pick up the slack multiple times on things that are as simple as walking to the sink to put away bowls, but for this holiday, Cody forced her to wear overalls, a perfect fit considering today is her day to do everything instead. On the flip side, Chelsey is as active as can be, but it intensely pains her to stay inside the house wearing a sleep outfit and relax for once in her life. Cody actually took away her privileges to leave the house and exercise. Finally, Terry hates music in general with a burning passion, but Gabrielle somehow convinced him to listen to some tunes with a smile and a... rock band shirt. I sure hope this day is worth it!

My ID is dythia, just like my username.
    g0fp4eb0ah2i.png
    How ironic.
    Aww, your family looks great @dythia πŸ’œ Fun concept for your simnational day theme! We could totally do this one in game just as you've described. Thanks so much for joining the creative fun of this QCC theme! I'll find them in the gallery this weekend ;)
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    Happy Cow Day!
    Sims Download​
    Room Download

On this day you should be extra nice to your cow, if you have one. If not go to the petting zoo and hug a cow. Let your wardrobe be inspired by the cow hat. The drink of today is milk...or better not in case of Clara.

Clara and her Daughter Daisy

04-17-22-8-37-19-am_orig.png
    befunky-collageclaraaustin_orig.jpg
    befunky-collagedaisyaustin_orig.jpg
    04-16-22-5-34-45-pm_orig.png

The hat made Clara feel so flirtly lol

Screenshot_2.png
    Happy Cow Day Room
    Room Download

Happy Cow Day! Here you can spoil your cow and cowplant! There is a radio because cows love dancing. In the box near the gate you can find #treats for your cow. A Picnic table is included to enjoy milk and goodies in which milk is made.

04-17-22-8-50-28-am_orig.png
    04-17-22-8-48-11-am_orig.png
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited April 2022
    So sad that I missed the room portion of the challenge .. I had a great idea but ran out of time. I did get the cas part done .. Here is Mister McGregory
    https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3DF16EE4C21211EC893C11B6BA1E3DE3?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lisabeesims&max=50&maxis=false&setLocale=en-us

6vLww2P.png

ivsUtd3.png
    Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    edited April 2022
    Country & Western Day

eody1vp.jpg
    Roomies Tom & Lea are headed out to celebrate Country & Western Day!

Events include:
    • Wear a cowboy hat
    • Say "Howdy!" to 3 sims
    • Ride the Cute Critter Carousel or a mechanical bull
    • Eat a bowl of beans
    • Buy a C&W Day souvenir
    • Attend the C&W Barn Hootenanny
    Tom convinced Lea to go check out the C&W Day events after reading her the online ad, "'Tomorrow is Country & Western Day! So giddyup on down, say "Howdy!" & be ready to have fun! There are ponies Patience, Placid, & other small, calm equines for the kids to sit on for a picture, as well as the ever popular Cute Critter Carousel, where the little & not-so-little ones can ride the purdy painted cows, bulls, horses, sheep, goats, llamas, & even a sled "pulled" by a giant chicken! There's also the petting zoo, where y'all can feed many of the same critters & gently pet 'em too.

"For the sims looking for a bit more active fun, try your hand at the lasso. Can you get your rope onto ol' Wooden Wibur's neck? If you can, maybe you'd like to try your hand at Professor 3133t's robotic calf. That Prof really knows his stuff, what with being a servo & all. That odd lookin' calf of his can't dance, but it sure can run around! Yeehaw! We also have 3 mechanical bulls for different skill levels. There's Twitchy Tex, Perky Pete, & Buckin' Butch! That last one'll leave you sittin' dazed in your britches before you know what happened!

"When y'all start feelin' parched, head on over to the Cantina for hot or iced coffee (not boiled over a campfire, you'll be glad to know!) or a cold glass of fresh-squeezed lemonade. Better than a dunk in the horse trough for coolin' off, ain't it? Hungry? Chow down on some of the best beans this side of the Rio Grande! They're so tasty you won't even mind the after-effects later! Don't have a cowboy hat? You'll find plenty to choose from, plus all your other C&W gear at the Trading Post! You can even sign up for riding lessons at your local Fine Fillies Stable, then watch an exhibition of their best trainers on some darn purdy horses. Once night falls, head over to the C&W Barn Hootenanny to hear some mighty fine live music. You can sit a spell just listening or get up & dance!

"So come on down & don't be a stranger, ya hear?'

Doesn't that sound like fun, Lea?" It did, so they went, & they both had a great time!
    Dl81Uzf.jpg
    Tom Potter
    kT5kZFe.jpg
    Lea Stiles
    Forgot to say that both sims have additional outfits in all categories. Now I'm off to bed. 😴

Edited to break it up into paragraphs; hopefully in the right places. πŸ€” I'm also wondering if "Events" should be "Activities." It's been too long since I've played.
    Post edited by NeoFelis22 on
    edited April 2022
    πŸ’œ 56th WEEK CHALLENGE! πŸ’œ

I've always loved the concept behind The Plumbobber app! I think it's a genius way to create a sim and be inspired by the app's random selections in order to develop your sim's story. I've often wondered how we could incorporate it into our QCC themes here .. well I'll wonder no more because together we are going on a Plumbobber app adventure! I finally decided to tackle this experience since the creator of the app joined us during our last stream! I took his presence as a creative sign for us all πŸ’œ

Creative Direction & Rules:

Full disclosure .. I have never once downloaded and tried the app .. until just now! Which means .. I truly don't have any creative direction or plan! We're all journeying into uncharted territory .. for the first time ever ;) The controlling side of me is battling it out with my spontaneously free side at the moment .. spontaneity WINS! πŸ˜‚

Your Challenge:

Is simple! All you have to do is download and try The Plumbobber app here β†’ https://plumbobber.wordpress.com/download/ ← I just tried it for the first time as an example. Here are some screenshots to help walk you through the randomization selections in each of the tabs:

[img][/img]FNwEZcD.png
    [img][/img]Y5cXYva.png
    [img][/img]GEAtAus.png
    [img][/img]PathnUg.png

As you can see I now have a guideline on how to create my new sim "Reid Plumbobber" according to the randomized rolls I completed with the Plumbobber app! Very fun! I'll get into CAS to create him according to the random looks/traits/likes/dislikes etc the app just gave me. Then I'll share him to the gallery asap with his sim story inspired by all the character selections he received.

The only thing you need to decide on your own is if you are starting with a female or male sim and then give your sim a name to begin the generator and save it. Let the app do the rest for you THEN go into CAS to create that sim according to all the random stuff from the app ;)

Feel free to add more sims to your household like pets, siblings, partner, spouse, children, roommates etc. if this would enhance your Plumbobber sim's story in some way. Please limit additional sims to 4 total in your household.

When finished, please upload your household to the gallery using the #GLovelysQCC hashtag.

Entries due by Friday 5/6/22 ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so we can have some households full of aweSIM creativity to nominate for a Maxis Fav!

Rules:
    1. Create at least ONE sim using The Plumbobber App. Style them according to the randomized character selections. You can add more sims to your household ~ LIMIT FOUR ~
    2. Write your sim story inspired by all the random selections the app gave your sim.
    3. In your description explain what random rolls directed your storytelling for this sim household.
    4. Custom posed entries which include the use of defaults are permitted as "just for fun" entries only. Custom entries with defaults or poses do not have an opportunity to earn a Maxis nomination or fav. In addition, custom entries would not qualify for prize round challenges.
    5. Re-uploaded entries, in other words entries copied from other simmers creations, will be disqualified.
    6. Have a blast creating for our forum and gallery friends!
    7. Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

πŸ’œ We'll celebrate all of your randomized Plumbobber sims during our next QCC stream ~ Saturday 5/7/22 at 12:00 PM EST on my Twitch channel! πŸ’œ

Thank you forum family & G Stream Team for having a blast with @Lonnykins and me during our last SimNational Day Stream here β†’

πŸ’œ Also, please join us in Planet Sims Discord ~ Active link, just click the words πŸ’œ

Happy creating everyone!
    Post edited by GLovely1 on
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

edited April 2022
    Emma and Horus

Emma Blanchard
    Traits: Cat Lover, Unflirty, Proper
    Aspiration: Joke Star

Horus
    Breed: Spynx
    Traits: Clever, Territoral, Talkative

Download

Emma is unflirty and is turning into a proper cat lady. No lover will dare to cross the threshold with her cat Horus there to protect her. Will Emma happily accept her faith as a catlady?

04-29-22-3-19-57-pm_orig.png
    befunky-collageemmablanchard_orig.jpg
    04-29-22-3-45-52-pm_orig.png

The random rolled traits were just screaming cat lady :lol:

screenshot-1_orig.png
    edited May 2022
    Is the Truth Out There?

D3C74rg.jpg
    jnrF6TI.jpg
    Adopted as a toddler, Aidan doesn't know anything about his biological parents. Are they where he gets his naturally blue hair? How did this former Artistic Prodigy, who still finds color & creating art are most important to him, end up an astronaut? In school, he did do well in math & science, but he did well in everything. His parents pushed him to choose this career, & he wonders if they had a reason. Might his hair color have something to do with aliens?
    How I created him:
    When I went into CAS, I took the premade sim, randomized him once, & after altering traits, likes/dislikes, skin & eye color to match the Plumbobber app results that I got, I randomized his teeth & then his hairstyle using the generated hair texture (& made his hair blue,) then manipulated his features without using presets. I had to guess what "average" skin color was; I understand what lighter & darker mean, so I hope it was just somewhere in between. Oh, and this guy definitely looks better in game. πŸ˜‰

Aidan is in the Astronaut career, one level below choosing which branch he'll join. He has all the skill levels needed to get to level 8 in the Space Ranger branch. If he doesn't goof off, he will be promoted the next time he goes to work. The Plumbobber app selected the top level of that branch of the career as his job, but you'll have to work a little bit more to get there. πŸ™‚ He doesn't have any of the promotion rewards, but I gave him 35,325 simoleans to approximate the pay & monetary bonuses he would have gotten to reach that level. To get the object bonuses, you'll have cheat them in. 😁 He's also at level 3 in Singing, because that's the one like chosen by the app. Aidan also has 2 outfits in every category.

Also, I keep forgetting to mention that his Plum for Young Adult is "You befriend an occult Sim." I used that as partial inspiration, along with the blue hair and his career, for my story.

Here's his information from the Plumbobber App:
    d27PgN9.png
    zzmHnqb.png

Edited to fix the link and add the line about the YA Plum.
    Post edited by NeoFelis22 on
    Thank you for trying something new with me @NeoFelis22 and @illusie πŸ’œ I love the characters you created with your plumbobber rolls! I’ll grab them from the gallery asap!
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

Thank you for the challenges, @GLovely1 ! They help me to push my creativity in ways I'd never do on my own! πŸ’›
    I tried this once a very long time ago, but it had less option then. I forgot about it, so I think it is great you made this challenge! Always fun to try something new
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited May 2022
    Dave and Angel

Dave Newsom
    Traits: Loves Outdoors, Hates Children, Vegetarian
    Aspiration: Lord of the Knits

Angel
    Breed: Pitbull
    Traits: Loyal, Friendly, Sleuth

DOWNLOAD

Dave always yearned for a dog, and the outdoors, but he lived in the city his whole life and never had time for a holiday. With nothing really tying him to San Myshuno, he left for a fresh start in Brindleton Bay. Once he arrived, he met a gorgeous stray dog on the beach. After getting to know each other, she's now his best friend. He has it all! A home in the peaceful quiet of Brindleton Bay, and a wonderful friend in Angel.

3YfrG5.png

Their adoption story is on my Showcase thread. <3:)
    UDbrNM.png

The randomly rolled traits and history made me think, 'This guy needs a dog!'. He can take them with him on all his outdoor adventures. His likes of Metal and Spooky music, and wanting to be a floral designer, inspired his tattoos.

Plumbobber Results:
    83crEj.jpg
    V2WH9O.jpg
    u5JskK.jpg
    mbfaFz.jpg
    Post edited by Lissykin on
  • Babci219Babci219 Posts: 20 Member
    I just loved the challenge using the Plumbobber App. This one was definitely a challenge. :D
  • FireflyMoonWitchFireflyMoonWitch Posts: 21 Member
    Melanie Random
    Traits: Good / Self-Absorbed / Clumsy
    Aspiration: Academic
    Career: Mechanical Engineer

Dislikes: Fitness, Handiness, Basics Decor

Home World: Mt Komorebi

When I first random-rolled on Plumbobber, I laughed so hard at my poor unfortunate sim. Clumsy and hating Handiness, but her career is an Engineer? Her Life Plum Plan also said she had to befriend the Grim Reaper as an Elder, and all I could think was "I mean, if she even makes it to Elder she probably will be Grimmie's friend, after all the near-misses..."

But getting her in game and actually playing her, I became very attached to her. I haven't actually played a sim living in Mt Komorebi before, only visited, and its a gorgeous neighbourhood. Her teen life plum plan was to take up gardening, so she has a nice little garden and makes money by freelancing as a programmer and selling produce in Henford-on-Bagley while she saves up for university. Perhaps I'll get her to grow a patch of Death Flowers and keep a bloom on her at all times while she works towards her dreams.

Even though I only intended to create her for this challenge and then go back to my previous saves, I kind of want to see how her life pans out now so I think I'll carry on with her. Regardless, this was a fun challenge, and really pushed me to think creatively. Life isn't always neat, and people are often contradictory so why shouldn't sims be the same? Maybe Melanie will never enjoy fixing an exploding sink, but that doesn't mean she can't appreciate the design and creation of robotics (even if she needs more safety precautions than her colleagues!).

Gallery Link: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/951B09E3CD7D11EC80217E0C7F7F7A61
    edited May 2022
    My Mission Is...?

mACwx4L.jpg
    HKTEzn6.jpg
    "My spaceship went boom! ::giggles:: Ow! My head hurts! Why am I on this planet? What?! Why am I stuck between my normal form & my sim disguise? My name is...Pearl? Maybe? Whatever! Hey! I can't even use my powers! I know I used to have them! Until I remember my mission, I'll just have to learn everything I can about, well, everything! This will be fun!" #GLovelysQCC #NeoFelis22 #PlumbobberApp (She has 3 levels in Cooking & Video Gaming, & 3 outfits in each category & is a Freelancer-Programmer)

I gave the Plumbobber App another try. Why does Pink keep coming up for favorite color? 🀣 Anyway, I limited myself this time to just using BaseGame & Paranormal Stuff. πŸ™‚ Also, she has 30,000 simoleans. I wanted to be sure she was set for funds considering her issues. πŸ˜‰

Her Plumbobber App results:
    gVWoWV6.png
    VkSrAMu.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top