Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are the mods you cannot play without?

JALJAL Posts: 1,030 Member
I just started to think about which mods I find essential and now I'm curious about what other players think. So what are the mods you just cannot be without?

My list:
  • LMS's sleep all night mod
  • Weerbesu's Invite any guest (so I can invite friends of both people in a couple)
  • Bienchien's No autonomous washing dishes after eating (so now the family can sit in peace until everyone is done eating)
  • (since yesterday) Carl's Dine out mod

There are others that I wouldn't want to play without, but these are the ones I rank as especially essential for the game to be playable.
Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    There's a quite long list of mods I wouldn't want to play without, but MCCC is the one I've learned that I would simply NOT play this game without. At all.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,808 Member
    -Chingyu Faithfulness mod. I want my sims to be monogamous unless the story requires them to cheat.

-LMS No Strangers Knocking. Says it all.

-Slightlyfoolish No celeb react in disgust. I do a lot of celebrity sims and it's really annoying when a celeb couple who are soulmates runs around acting like the other one has four heads or scales.

-WonderfulWhims. I use this a lot. The attraction options it has, are really detailed and it cuts out my played sims flirting and dating outside of the sexual orientation I gave them when I'm not around to keep track of their actions. Pair it with the faithfulness mod and my sims aren't running around getting busy like drunken frat boys, unless of course they are drunken frat boys, in which case the faithfulness mod can also double as an unfaithfulness mod too.

I have a lot more mods to stop all manner of irritating autonomous actions.

VeeDub wrote: »
    There's a quite long list of mods I wouldn't want to play without, but MCCC is the one I've learned that I would simply NOT play this game without. At all.

I can't believe I left that one off my list. I'm taking it being there for granted.

• JALJAL Posts: 1,030 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

I can't believe I left that one off my list. I'm taking it being there for granted.

I thought about including it but felt it was so obvious that I didn't need to. It is something you take for granted once you've started using it.
    It's so indispensable you can easily make a case for just having it built right in.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Zerbu's mods to make Granite Falls and Selvadorada residential.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Oh my, where would I start, lol. So I'll just say, cannot play without MCCC. cmar's adult mods, moxiemasion's no mosaic mod and numerous LittleMsSam's and bienchen's fix what is broken in the game mods. o:)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    edited April 2022
    I enjoy Journey to Batuu, but I HATE that lightsaber parts are marked as collectibles. Which means that I can't normally have a lightsaber duel between households in rotational play. Therefore, I find Sem's Lightsaber Fix mod to be an absolute must to anyone who owns Journey to Batuu.

Also from Sem is the No Eco Footprint Realm of Magic mod. Seriously, why does the magic realm have an Eco Footprint? This mod is necessary to prevent all those cauldrons from creating an industrial landscape there!
  • RandomizedSimmerRandomizedSimmer Posts: 19 Member
    As I'm a weirdo, I really like sacrifical's mods, MCCC is GOD, X3 Speed thing mods are amazingly useful, Extreme Violence And Sim torture mods are useful for getting rid of annoying sims, Basemental's mods add better storytelling, No auto Dollhouse smash, etc!!
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    My list is rather long, so I'll put it behind a spoiler tag and also combine many mods into just one line overviews by modder. As for why my list of mods "I couldn't play without" is so darn long...it's because I would not play the game at all if it weren't for mods, so basically the summation of all the mods I use are "couldn't play without".

My List:
    • MCCC -- So important it deserves to be on the outside of the spoiler tag.
    • Weerbesu's UI Cheats Extension -- Because it's useful
    • Weerbesu's More_Cas_Columns -- Because it's how the game should have designed CAS in the first place. Scrolling is for chumps.
    • Weerbesu's No Empty Venues when arriving and Improved Autonomy on Loading -- Two mods I didn't know I needed or wanted until I tried them.
    • Zerbu's more CAS presets, More Selectable Icons
    • Various tweaks by Bienchen -- I have over 300 individual .package files that are hers. They make the game 1000x times better.
    • Various tweaks by LittleMsSam -- I have 155 various .package and script mods from her. They assist the above in making the game 1000x better.
    • Carl's Gameplay (difficulty) Overhaul mod -- Because I like my sims to have to work a little bit to earn things.
    • Scumbobo's Don't Wash Dishes where you Angry Poop -- because no sim should wash the dishes in the bathroom.
    • cLinely's Interaction Sorter and Andirz's Better Pie Menu-- Because I'm very OCD about organization, and having the Pie Menus be arranged and ordered exactly how I want them to be pleases me.
    • TMex's mods for Better Build/Buy, No Weather in Build/Buy, All Scenarios and All Cheats - Because they are good
    • Coolspear's Quicker Autonomy and Turbodriver's Simulation Unclogger -- because they keep all the sims active and doing things instead of just standing around with idle animations half the time.
    • TheFoodGroup's Custom Food Interactions and just shy of 100 new foods to go with it -- Because I like food! Especially the additional Vampire-friendly food it adds.
    • Brazenlotus's various modded CC that adds additional game functionality.
    • Ravasheen's various modded CC that adds additional game functionality.
    • PandaSama's modded CC that adds additional game functionality...especially all the toddler stuff!
    • MidniteTech's careers, not all of them..but a lot of them. Especially all of her additional "odd jobs"
    • KiaraSims mods -- a ton of new Event types, traits, aspirations, and more.
    • Kuttoe's mods -- a ton more traits and a minor overhaul of RoM potions
    • Lot51 -- Ding Dong Ditch doorbell. I can never hear when visitors knock on the door. I wanted a doorbell, they gave me one.
    • Lotharihoe -- Various tweaks and fixes that none of the above covered
    • MissyHissy's Hobbymod, Personality Mod and Custom Whimsets -- to give sims more personality and variety.
    • VickySim's Club Filters so I can use all the above added traits (and more) as filters for club admittance.
    • Simvasion -- various bug fixes
    • ThePancake1 -- Some new interactions, like bed cuddling, slow dancing, and more. Also the ability to remove sims from conversations just be right clicking them in the conversation ui in the top center of the screen.
    • Zero's mods -- Various fixes and tweaks to gameplay, plus craftable brooms and wands. Which is awesome. And better ghosts.
    • Many other Miscellaneous mods, including about 50 override and tuning mods I made for myself and several that add new gameplay, like more spells for RoM, more careers, more aspirations, etc.

I add to the list pretty much every time I play. Something comes up in the game that I think should be "different" and I go looking for a mod to do it. If I don't find one, I do it myself.
    Post edited by Stormkeep on
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    I have some Sims that live in apartments with their dogs. Since the go potty demand doesn't work in Apartments (if you didn't know when you use it inside a house the dog will autonomously go outside and take care of business. I didn't know this for a very long time) I use LittleMsSam's Dog Walker Mod

No House Fires Mod
    @Bananas_45, This CC is also useful for apartment-livers with dogs: https://ravasheen.com/download/ultimutt-indoor-dog-potty-pads/
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Slice of life, mccc, the all night sleep
    One (forgot who it’s by) and abeedigo (I think that’s what her screen name is?) cause she adds a lot of activities and makes the game more realistic.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,030 Member
    @Stormkeep - that's quite a list! Thank you for the many ideas. I'm going to check some of those out for sure.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Bananas_45, This CC is also useful for apartment-livers with dogs: https://ravasheen.com/download/ultimutt-indoor-dog-potty-pads/

Thank you for the link!
  • naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    I'll try to keep my list short since I can't use the spoiler tag.

- MCCC (Deaderpool)
    - Wonderful Whims (TURBODRIVER)
    - More Columns in CAS & UI Cheats Extension (weerbesu)
    - Stand Still in CAS (MizoreYukii)
    - Doorbell Replacement (Darkolaito)
    - Invisible Crib (Martine's Simblr)
    - Grannies Cookbook (Littlbowbub)
    - Random mods from: Kuttoe, LMS, bienchen & RVSN
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Oh yeah I use wonderful whims too
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • LauraCastellanoLauraCastellano Posts: 15 Member
    I like to play big families, and I like them to spend enough time at the dinner table to have a conversation. I had a mod someone had linked to off an old thread where someone had updated a Coolspear mod that made them eat more slowly, but I've lost it. I sure wish I could find it again, because by the time my kids get seated, Mom is already done eating (3 bites? really?). I am SERIOUSLY missing this mod!
  • naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    > @LauraCastellano said:
    > I like to play big families, and I like them to spend enough time at the dinner table to have a conversation. I had a mod someone had linked to off an old thread where someone had updated a Coolspear mod that made them eat more slowly, but I've lost it. I sure wish I could find it again, because by the time my kids get seated, Mom is already done eating (3 bites? really?). I am SERIOUSLY missing this mod!

Despite the name, this mod has a flavor that allows for slower eating: modthesims.info/d/650373/quickeats-by-mikya-eat-and-drink-faster.html
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 701 Member
    edited April 2022
    @Stormkeep You are lucky to be able to make the mods that you do not find. If I could I would make a mod that gives me back the number of bites we has before. I have an old mod by Coolspear but it does not take into account new packs. With only four bites it is impossible to have family meals.

I also have MCCC, and lots of mods by bienchen and LittleMSSam. I like them a lot because they are not too intrusive and they take care of many annoyances in the game.

I also have Granny's cookbook, and The foodgroup with lots of reciepies from Icemunmun and Carl's dine out mod. And others from various modders.
    edited April 2022
    @Ziafar, have you tried the "moreconsumptionturns" mod by bienchen? It increases the number of bites for food when eating, that's actually what "consumption turns" which the mod is referring to are.

You can get a link for the most recent update for that mod which she just did last week here at the forums in this post. The one on her website is a bit older (reasons for that explained in the thread I just linked).
    @Stormkeep Yes I did but it increases the number of bites only for grandmeals and experimental food dishes. The other meals are still at four bites which is really to fast for me.
    edited April 2022
    @Ziafar, I think you didn't actually download both of her mods. She has them in seperate package files, grand meals and experimental foods are one set, but literally all other meals in the game are another set. Some foods she did set to 4 though, yes.

Have you considered taking her mod and customizing it for your own needs in S4S? It's as simple as changing a single value for each food in what is essentially a text file.
    @Stormkeep I do not think that I had dowloaded the two mods. I will try that and if I am not satisfied I will try your suggestion with S4S
    @Ziafar, if you do decide to try editing some of the foods to bump up their number of bites to your own tastes, feel free to PM me here if you have any questions. It is super, super easy, but I can understand someone having at least a couple of questions the first time they try it.