Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    I’m not sure when I will be catching up. Dealing with personal life and haven’t had the urge to play the sims.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Sorry guys, I’m falling behind with comments again. Busy week with lots of tests and I’ve been sleeping poorly. Doing my best to keep up with reading though!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2022
    April - Day 5: "You don't need to be born with a silver spoon to grab the brass ring..."

2PweGX9.png

Notes
    x9MgIbl.png
    Cale was flabbergasted when they stepped into the dorm room Fox wanted to show him. It looked more like a fancy hotel room than a Uni dorm room.
    "Wow...I'm...speechless. This is incredible!"
    "Yeah, it's something special, that's for sure."

5N3zbIr.png
    "The kid that was supposed to use this room was going for a Biology degree, just like you. He loved plants. There's a plant pot too if you wanted to grow something. He also had a thing for Marilyn Monroe, the reason for the big poster above the bed."

kG1a55z.png
    "His Father had that chess set hand-carved for his Son and the sheets on that bed are Millesimo 100% Egyptian cotton made in Italy. Some of the most expensive in the world."

3SjtvAB.png
    "There's a mini fridge and microwave as well you could use."
    "So what happened? Why didn't the kid end up going to Uni and using the room?"
    "He was upset about not having his own private bathroom and refused to use it unless his Father put one in for him. He'd already spent over 20K on the room though and wasn't about to go to that length for his Son. Even though the kid was obviously spoiled, I guess the private bath was too much. The Father was so upset and disgusted over his Son's selfish demands, he sent him to military school instead."
    "Whoa, that's harsh."
    "Maybe, but the Father hoped it would teach Malc- his kid a lesson. Plus, rather than clean out the room, he endowed the accommodations to the school under the conditions the room wasn't remodeled and maintained to be exactly the same for a minimum of one year up to a maximum four years. Also, it can only be used for free by hardship students. I'd say you fit that criteria. Anyway, come on, I'll give you a tour of the rest of the dorm."

E1GQlxA.png
    Hallway with various food vending machines.

5jubr19.png
    The dorm commons area.

dGftmRE.png
    Bathroom - left side

lOCxPDW.png
    Bathroom - right side

eAcoRfo.png
    Overhead view of the entire Tidal Tower dorm. I didn't touch any of the other dorm rooms, they are by default.

7GLsMB0.png
    Overhead view of Cale's dorm room

2Hj38El.png
    "So what do you think about the room?"
    "Oh man, are you kidding me? I freakin' LOVE it! It's amazing!"

k8RCkRp.png
    "Can you imagine taking chicks in there? In that bed? Man, I am so going to get laid here, a lot!"
    "I wouldn't be surprised. It's certainly dressed to impress. I think that kid might've had the same thing in mind."

9oCDLWN.png
    "One thing though, are you sure you don't want payment for it? I mean, a room like that, must cost a lot to maintain it. Not even a security deposit or something?"
    "Nope, it's all been paid for up front Cale. You won't need to pay a thing for it."

DxGfnCn.png
    "Well, hey then, I'd be a fool not to take it then."
    "Fantastic! I think you're going to have a lot of fun here Cale. Just don't let your studies slide in the process."

nCZ3Hq2.png
    "Don't worry, I won't. I want to make my Mom proud, and you Fox. I won't let you down. I promise!"

lEwatM3.png
    "I hope we can hang out sometimes too, I mean when you're not busy with the school and stuff."
    "I hope so too, you have the key to my house, keep it and come over whenever you want. Just call first, okay? That includes holidays, Spring break, any time you don't have classes."

AocWSzJ.png
    "Thanks Fox, for everything, you're the best! I hope we always stay friends too."
    "You're welcome and I... do too Cale...alright, let's go home and get you packed."
    "Should be easy, I don't have much. Just give me a sack and I'm good. hehe"
    "Check on those scholarships again too, I bet the results have come back by now and we need to get you enrolled!"
    "Okay, let's go."

MYzz3p7.png
    The results of Cale's scholarship applications came back. He'd received half of those he'd applied for. I don't get why he didn't get the Britechester resident, he lives in Britechester, and I don't understand why he didn't get the Food and Drink one either, he's maxed out in cooking skills. E-Sports, I can kind of understand, he's only Level 6 I think. Oh well...

yJ3e5gG.png
    (I hope that's enough to cover my tuition. Looks like I might need to get a part-time job or a loan. No biggie though, because...)

a81mPLF.png
    (At least I have a kick butt dorm room! Ohhh Yeahhh!)

I'll get started on comments/replies but might not be able to finish them until tomorrow morning. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-mar28.jpg
    March 28: Sharing a Secret!

Special Appearance By: Adam Strong ( @RememberJoy )
    Yesterday at the Hare Square Park, D.J. ran into Aicha. She told D.J. she got sucked into reading his fantasy book about magic and sorcery. It felt like it was real and that D.J. was actually experiencing it in the story. And the follow up book of the potions D.J. at the Magic School was really clever. It was a fun entertaining recipe book. She told D.J. she fixed a few copy-editing things and then went ahead and made copies for sale.

Aicha also taught D.J. how to play chess. He didn't know a thing about it. She tells him it's a game of strategy rather than luck. You have to know your opponent. She referred back to his first fantasy book, Spellcraft & Sorcery. The duel between D.J. and the warlock was intense. D.J. had to make the appropriate moves when the enemy made theirs. And that's how D.J. won. But he needed more experience in an actual chess game right before she says the word, checkmate.

dj-03-189.jpg

Adam didn't start his yoga and meditation classes at the universities until Monday. Today is a Tuesday. But he tells D.J. he has a lot of preparation to do. He's got his class list already. He's also made a brief outline of what his students should be expecting for the term.

Adam invites D.J. for some one-on-one yoga and meditation. He wanted to do it outside, so he lent D.J. a hooded sweatshirt as D.J. thought it was a bit chilly outside. During the yoga segment, he shares how much fun he had doing the club. Now he's made it into a career. D.J. goes into how he's enrolled into Britechester University with a major in Communications. He too starts on Monday.

dj-03-190.jpg
    dj-03-191.jpg

Then it was quiet time during Adam and D.J.'s meditation.

dj-03-192.jpg

When the yoga and meditation was done, D.J. wanted to show Adam something. He asks Adam what he is about to do needs to be kept in strict confidentiality. He summons Draco to his side. Adam gets a surprised look on his face, a panicked look. D.J. reassures him it's okay and introduces him to Draco. He goes on to explain that he was missing in action because he transported into a magical realm. He thought Adam was a really good friend and ought to know the real reason he wasn't around for the past few club meetings.

D.J. spent much of the afternoon telling Adam of his adventures in Glimmerbrook and the magic realm.

dj-03-193.jpg
    dj-03-194.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-mar29.jpg
    March 29: University Enrollment!

dj-03-195.jpg
    dj-03-196.jpg
    dj-03-197.jpg
    dj-03-198.jpg

Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image, but there are a few other images showing D.J.'s enrollment process. It's not April for me yet and am still catching up, but giving a sneak peek into what D.J. will be doing. Come my April 1st daily image shot, D.J. will jump right into college life.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    April 5th Comments:

@permanentrose
    I like the daily image of Robin using her broom from last month. A lot faster than walking or riding a bike to the buildings where the classes are. :lol: Wondering if Yuki electrocuted herself on purpose. Wanted to see what Sims heaven was like. Sad she would leave her daughter, though. Then Robin brings her back. Feels like a Buffy moment when the scooby gang brought her back when she died saving her sister. :tongue:

@afai1261
    Hmm...showing off eye candy of Aaron and Hunter to start, huh? :lol: Aaron secretly kept a broomstick from his maker and the secret to flying it. I think it's hilarious. Shocker he joined the soccer team. :joy: He's been practicing his whole teen life. He'll be liked by all his teammates for sure.

@SoulGal7
    I do wish Dylan showed up in Mt. Komorebi or even Windenburg for D.J. to meet. He made one appearance, but D.J. was fast asleep in his tent at the time he showed up. Or maybe he was at school. I was going to force him into college, but then I had an idea for May. Again, I think you'll enjoy what I have set up for him come that month.

@Karababy52
    Is Cale's new haircut a Maxis made or custom content? I think I need to grab it for Cale in my gameplay.

@RememberJoy
    It's fun to see Adam still having yoga classes, even during his college time. I like that you're keeping this tradition of his going each month. Kudos!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited April 2022
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-mar30.jpg
    March 30: Makeover!

D.J. was two days away from leaving Windenburg and heading off to his new living quarters near the Britechester University where he'd be attending classes to earn a degree in Communications. He didn't fully graduate high school as he was trapped in a place where no one would believe his story unless they had knowledge of real magic. However, he was already accepted into the University, so he didn't feel like he needed to finish high school.

Knowing he was heading off to college, D.J. felt he was a bit older now. His teenage years leaving him behind and becoming an adult. Not a full-fledged adult, but a younger version. He was ready for a new look. Not just another style of clothing, but a hairstyle.

D.J. has been receiving simoleons into his bank account for the two fantasy books he had written, and Aicha put out on display for sale. He was close to 18.5k simoleons. This would help with his housing expenses when he gets to the place he'll be living at for his four terms. He knew it shouldn't cost him much for a new styled look as well.

dj-03-199.jpg

First thing D.J. does is makes his way to the shops in Magnolia Promenade where he bought his fancy outfit for his Love Day date with Caitlin. He still misses her. However, he knew he has to move on. This was also the place he used to work at when he had his retail job. It brought back many memories. Browsing the racks and tables, D.J. grabs some outfits he thinks he might like and heads to the dressing rooms.

dj-03-200.jpg

D.J. tries on outfits that he would wear to his classes. Sportswear in case they have a gym where he can maintain his physical fitness. A climbing wall would be perfect. Some party outfits. He thought there has to be college parties happening all the time. Sleepwear that is appropriate if he's going to be having roommates. Swimwear in case there's a pool to hang out at. And finally, a formal outfit for when he graduates. Have to dress to impress on graduation day.

dj-03-201.jpg
    dj-03-202.jpg
    dj-03-203.jpg
    dj-03-204.jpg
    dj-03-205.jpg
    dj-03-206.jpg

D.J. then finds a barber shop nearby.

dj-03-207.jpg
    dj-03-208.jpg

D.J. lets the barber know he is going off to college and wants a new look. Nothing too drastic but something different than what he has now.

dj-03-209.jpg

The barber goes right to work with his scissors and razor. A few snips here. A little buzz there.

dj-03-210.jpg

When the barber finishes, he turns the chair around so D.J. can see his new look in the mirror. He feels like a new Sim. D.J. thinks to himself that he is ready for another new adventure he is about to embark on. 

dj-03-211.jpg
    dj-03-212.jpg
    dj-03-213.jpg

Side Notes:
    • Many have changed the looks of their Challenge Sims each month. I decided to change D.J.'s looks each lifestage. For D.J.'s teenage times, I had him with slicked back hair and a very light five o'clock shadow. This new look will remain for his young adult lifestage and will change again when he becomes a full-fledged adult.
    • Barber and Barber Shop were downloaded off the Gallery. If you're interested in either, let me know and I'll share where to grab it.
    • Yes, D.J. magically grew facial hair at the barber shop. Ha, ha! I think it makes him look older, though.
    • If you are using custom content for the Challenge Sims, here is where you can download D.J.'s new hairstyle and facial hair. Both are custom content.
      Hair: Get to Bed Collection by LumiaLoverSims & primadonna-sims (D.J. has the Male Casual Dream Flip!)
      Facial Hair: Luke Beard N15 (When adding, I used the first color swatch. It's a very light gray. It makes it look well trimmed on D.J. Please use that one!)
    • Also, if you have D.J. in your gameplay and aged him up to young adult, his third trait is Adventurous as each month he goes on a new adventure.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited April 2022
    April 6
    mB4iBJt.png
    After Aaron had enrolled in his classes and gotten a headstart on his homework the Friday before term started, Adonis insisted that they go and visit Melissa and Robin.
    d7UsU9v.png

Robin in particular was very excited to see them.
    39LtcI8.png

"So, biology eh?"
    kiwlgWz.png

"I had no idea you wanted to do biology too!" Robin laughed.
    ZNTGTtn.png

(LOL I love that Adonis had to bring along his cup of juice :joy: )
    6qtjdt6.png

(He still had it when he went to talk to Melissa :D )
    WTpm6vL.png

Aaron needed to meet some of his soccer team members, and arranged to meet one in town. (...I totally forgot her name HAHA)
    fbrrAK1.png
    KN6ph0f.png

He decided to practice his juggling while she worked on some homework.
    ddiNqZa.png

Another of his team members approached, and introduced himself as Brett. (lol so the only reason I know Brett's name is because he was a townie that I edited, and while I did that I changed his name :D )
    Q3av0nK.png
    W6BW2HM.png
    07x2P8I.png

Back at home, he continued working on his homework while Hunter played with Yoshi nearby.
    xouDi3C.png
    cDHF6Ik.png
    nOueL4S.png

The next morning, he bought a Foxbury shirt.
    pXb5Pjo.png

And finally started work on a presentation for one of his courses.
    QRDXmm9.png

(OF COURSE he jabbed his hand with a pin...)
    BzvqrR6.png
    pk4ao52.png

It looked fine, but just needed some more refinement.
    bpmI769.png

But there was no time for that, as he discovered that it was School Spirit Day over at the Foxbury campus.
    So naturally he flew there on his broom. He had no idea how he was still able to do that, but it beat walking any day.
    3dMsVzj.png

(Oh hello Robin!)
    GaCtzov.png

Aaron got roped into playing some juice pong.
    jiG5oQw.png
    hipM9HG.png
    4L67sDZ.png
    And proved that his win against Hunter wasn't just a fluke.
    OYw8pb1.png

He headed into Larry's Lagoon to check out the research machines.
    SplM0Wx.png

All too quickly it was time for his first soccer team activity, so he headed home to change and head for the stadium.
    WHa3QhG.png
    w3jqtiy.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited April 2022
    @SoulGal7
    Thanks for the link to the 100 Bae Challenge. I should've known it would be on the site since it was advertised for a long time every time I happened to be online in game. Commendable you made it to 80 with another Sim. Thanks for the tip about StrangerVille. If Cale doesn't get all his Baby Mamas in Uni, sounds like he'll be able to finish next month. ;)

@Carebear92

No worries, real life responsibilities always comes first. Hope everything works out for you! :)

@LegacySims 2017
    Very cool Adam and DJ got together to do some yoga. Glad he confided in Adam about where he'd been and showed him Draco. Ah, Cale is taking a full load too with no electives. Love the Britechester campus. Drake Hall, I think one of my Sims stayed in that one before I got fed up with the dormies and had them move out to their own place. I hope that doesn't happen this time with Cale. o.O Cale's new hairstyle came with Snowy Escape, it's the same style the premade Kado wears.

Great new look for DJ. Very cool how he actually shops and goes to a barber. Downloaded the new hair and beard for him. Not sure when I'll have time to update him, but I will soon. :) Thanks!

@afai1261
    hehe So funny Adonis took his cup with him. Guess he just didn't want it to go to waste eh? ;) Nice that he met some of his soccer team mates. Brett is gorgeous! Always loved that hairstyle the other girl has. Yoshi! Nice t-shirt Aaron. hehe That stuck pin thing is hilarious! They do it way too often though in my opinion. And off on his broom again for Spirit Day. Hmm, I wonder if Cale can still use a broom or transportalate. I'll have to try that. hehe Juice pong champ! Not a fluke, nope! Oh he looks great in his soccer uniform!
    What do you think of my new avy? Too cheesy? Meh, I had fun making it anyway. :D

3iSLU43.png
    April 6

g5fcIrw.png

I'm just not having a great day, tbh. Just dealing with some stuff and I'm feeling very emotionally drained. So just one pic today. Hopefully I'll be feeling up to opening up my game soon and continuing Robin's story, but I just need a break today.

@Karababy52 I did want to quickly say that I like your new avatar though <3
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    April 6th: At the Library

Today's Accomplishments:
    Achieve level three in the Research & Debate skill

5b5cUNW.png
    We slept in until mid morning after our late night. Kaori summoned a pizza for breakfast and I warmed up with some yoga. Around noon we all walked over to the town's library as everyone but myself still had a term paper to write, and they needed more reference materials.
    p1ks3na.png
    They all sat down at the computers to research and I went upstairs looking for a beginners guide to research and debate. I found it after a bit of browsing and sat down to study.
    5ohvSG3.png
    Meanwhile, Carol quickly got restless of what little they had to offer children on their computers, and went to explore the area. Kaori told her to stay in her line of sight at all times, so she just poked around the main floor, examining statues and twirling globes.
    rAs2v0f.png
    Kiyoshi was the first to finish up his paper, so he volunteered to play chess with her, which pleased her. (She's already maxed out her mental and social skills, and is beginning to learn logic)
    JjVu84P.png
    By late afternoon, I'd had my fill of studying and went downstairs to see what was happening. Carol begged to leave, saying the library felt too quiet and was creeping her out.
    al44Mzn.png
    Almost everyone had finished up their papers at this point, and we were all feeling a little hungry, so we walked over the pub for a light dinner. Sofia bought a meat and cheese platter and we all dug in.
    X7TyW37.png
    Eleanor Elderberry was there and introduced us to her son Rohan, who she said was also taking classes at Foxbury.
    pSUDPVI.png
    He introduced himself and seemed very interested in Sofia. They sat down to talk on the couch and soon were giggling and flirting up a storm.
    9ro9wxt.png
    Before the night was over they had already shared their first kiss, and Rohan had invited her over to his place to spend the night.
    MVX82s4.png
    M8kyxti.png
    Part of me was happy for Sofia; she had said she felt like a third wheel living with two couples, but part of me was also worried. I didn't know if I could trust the Elderberrys yet. They were probably fine, but I couldn't be sure. I sighed and once again wished that my life were less complicated.
    Later that night after everyone had gone to bed, I was awoken by a soft call from Morgyn. I groggily arose from my bed and stumbled down the dark stairs into the main room.
    GGc9jp6.png
    Morgyn was sitting on the couch and beckoned for me to join him, so I plopped down next to him and rubbed my eyes. "There's got to be a better meeting time than the middle of the night," I said with a yawn. "What's up?"
    36klsBf.png
    "I do apologize for disturbing your rest," Morgyn began, "but this is the best time to speak with you undisturbed." I nodded and waved it off, "I understand," I said, "we're good. How is everything going with the counsel and all that?"
    oA4imFH.png
    Morgyn sighed, "It has been slow going," he admitted, "the corruption goes deeper than I ever imagined, but I have found a few who will stand with me." He paused, "But I did not come here to discuss that," he looked over at me. "You teleported yourself and your friends a great distance yesterday, did you not?"
    5cWaRfn.png
    I shifted uncomfortably in my seat under his gaze, "We went to Windenburg to go dancing," I admitted, "but I took precautions so nobody would see us leaving."
    Morgyn sighed, "Sight is not always necessary," he rubbed his temples. "Any master of magic can feel a large enough spell being cast if they're nearby," he looked up at me, "how do you think I knew?"
    5QxNMdo.png
    I bit my lip realizing I'd messed up. "Do you think anybody noticed?" I asked quietly.
    "There are other spellcasters in these parts," Morgyn sighed, "who's allegiances are not yet known to me. It is possible some of them may now be aware of you." I frowned, this was not good news.
    xayohyM.png
    "I'd advise you to only use smaller spells from now on, and only when necessary," Morgyn continued. "I'll poke around and see what I can dig up, but it will take time."
    I mentioned Sofia's new romance with Rohan Elderberry and he said he'd look into them first, but confirmed their name sounded familiar.
    MEYiKnC.png
    "I'd advise you and your friends to be careful in who you trust," Morgyn warned. "This area has a very long and complicated history with magical beings, and some of those ancient family lines are still around and guard their secrets jealously. They may have nothing to do with those searching for you, but they will have their own agendas."
    edited April 2022
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-mar31.jpg
    March 31: End-of-Month Update!

Side Note:
    I really had nothing left for this last day, so here's a daily image of an excited D.J. about to head off to college!

End-of-Month Update:
    Personality Traits: Active, Adventurous, Loves Outdoors
    Aspiration Traits: Business Savvy, Collector, Gregarious, High Metabolism, Home Turf, Muser, Quick Learner
    Reward Traits: Always Welcome, Creative Visionary, Emotional Control, Expert Mountaineer, Good Manners, Natural Leader, Responsible, Singer of Spells, Speed Reader, Survival Instinct, Worldly Knowledge
    Likes: Music (Japanese Folk Music, Summer Strut Music), Hobbies & Skills (Fitness, Photography, Rock Climbing, Fishing, Gardening, Skiing, Wellness, Writing)
    Dislikes: Color (Yellow)

ASPIRATIONS
    aspiration_chart_031322.jpg
    January 15 - Mt. Komorebi Sightseer
    January 22 - Extreme Sports Enthusiast
    February 18 - Leader of the Pack
    March 12 - Spellcraft & Sorcery
    March 13 - Purveyor of Potions

SKILLS
    dj-mar-skill.jpg
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited April 2022
    April - Day 6: "And so it begins..."

0is0gsx.png

Notes
    qT5tQbB.png
    Move in day had finally arrived for the students staying in the Foxbury dorms this school year. Fox was unable to check-in with Cale since he would be very busy with his Admissions duties. He didn't mind though, all he had was a sack full of clothes, his laptop and a rose Fox had surprised him with that morning. The guy's generosity never ceased to amaze Cale. I'd say from the look on his face, Cale is extremely excited to begin his dorm experience.

*Note - he's actually pumped because he just found out he'd received an Athletic scholarship! Looks like Cale might be playing soccer too!

YM4HZJm.png
    First thing Cale did was unwrap the rose to plant it. When he did that he got another surprise from his new friend, five crisp 100 dollar bills! What a guy eh? Cale tucked the cash in his pocket and finally planted the rose.

For whatever reason, the rose would not germinate in that spot. I think it was too close to the nightstand or something. No biggie, I just moved the pot across the room where the trash can was located and he was able to plant it there.

After that task was finished, Cale did his homework for every class and went to bed.

FILv0lK.png
    Around 2 a.m. he woke up fully rested and decided to go check out the situation with his dormmates. Were there any cute girls among them?

zcDVfzK.png
    Indeed there was at least one. This is Lauryn, a very pretty redhead that is living in the dorm room across the hallway from Cale. Luckily, she wasn't asleep either. After a flirty introduction, a little beguiling action and some other flirty moves...

zZHTOB1.png
    ...Lauryn was totally under his love spell and eagerly followed him to his bed!

NpQ5SVM.png
    Cale 'woke up' after Lauryn left to go back to her room and wondered for a moment where he was. His stomach growled reminding him that he must've gotten up for a snack. Sleeping makes a guy hungry don'tcha know! ;) The only thing in the mini fridge at the moment though was a variety of cold selections. He wanted something hot!

DumiF56.png
    Cale paid for a spicy tuna melt sandwich, but the dang machine tried to rob him! He was not going to stand for that though climbed up on the thing to try and shake it loose, however...

nOgfvw6.png
    ...it wasn't the smartest idea he'd ever had. The machine toppled over and fell on him. Cale is Level 10 in Fitness though and was easily able to kick it off of him. *Whew* If Cale had any memories of his time in Mt. Komorebi, he might've remembered climbing on vending machines never ended well. But of course, he doesn't remember any of that.

qAhlTC7.png
    He limped his way back to the dorm room empty-handed and settled for a ham & cheese sandwich instead. Lesson learned.

OTorvvu.png
    It was getting close to 7:30 a.m. by this time, but Cale noticed another pretty girl in the commons area and went over to meet her anyway. Her name is Jenny and she seemed very receptive to his flirty introduction and agreed to take a selfie with him. However, before he could use his handy dandy bow on her, she left for class. Dang! It was almost time for his first class anyway, so Cale headed over to Larry's Lagoon.

bp2ftbq.png
    Cale ran over to one of the classroom buildings about an hour early for his first class. Office hours to find out which building Cale's classes would be held in, didn't start until 11 a.m. He'd have to guess and hope he got it right! And by he, I mean me, of course. Hopefully we chose the right one!

ZiW7dcI.png
    Yay! Right building, wrong door, but no biggie, he was only a couple minutes late.

feNMCIh.png
    After class while Cale stood doing his homework waiting for his next class to start, I checked both buildings and discovered all four of his classes would be held in this one building. Yes!

QNHQ04r.png
    With both classes finished for the day, Cale headed back to Larry's Lagoon to wait for the cafeteria to open. He finished the homework he'd started before, and then went outside to use a table out there to do homework for the second class.

16CUSHT.png
    While he was sitting there doing that, the girl named Alicia he'd met at Pepper's Pub his first night in Britechester walked by. o.O She looks about ready to pop out twins or something! Wow! She's not supposed to remember him but of course she does and looked over with a smile at her baby Daddy.

7veuIxQ.png
    Cale was oblivious and never even saw her.

L3RMHAn.png
    Finally the cafeteria opened so Cale ran inside to grab an order of chicken for his dinner. For whatever reason, I guess he just loves this table, he took the meal back outside and sat down next to Lauryn. Does this look like a couple that shared a passionate encounter the night before to you? No? Me neither.

qCzs9zG.png
    Jenny walked outside too! YES! Let's see if Lauryn notices or cares that Cale is in the process of beguiling Jenny right in front of her. Jenny looks a bit concerned at least. hehe Poor clueless girl.

1W3shpr.png
    Nope, and she doesn't even care in the least when Cale kisses Jenny. Hmm, if I want any drama, I guess I shouldn't be having Cale 'ask to be just friends' after every eh, love session eh? Oh well, they are not supposed to remember anyway so I guess this is a good thing.

0pXvOMK.png
    Jenny is a bit of a tough nut to crack. Despite being good friends with Cale and romance bar half full, though flirty, he couldn't woo hoo with her. What?!? However, he could ask her to make out in the closet at least.

AqI5CoE.png
    I guess she needed to get a taste of him before agreeing to anything else and liked their time in there because she agreed to woo hoo with him immediately after they emerged from the closet. Yay!

l7krvnV.png
    Oh, I also had to swap places between the desk and chess set since Cale got stuck next to his bed and couldn't get back around it when he got up in the early morning hours. I don't get why since he was able to walk by the desk chair no problem to get in bed. Glitches be weird I guess.

Anyway, Cale went back to his room after his time with Jenny and fertilized his rose before going to bed. He has two classes tomorrow and then the entire weekend off to do...whatever. ;)

fwyea1R.png
    Good night Cale, I'd say you had a very good first day at Foxbury and deserve a well earned rest.

dhFE5BZ.png
    Last but not least for this update, while Cale was busy making out with Jenny, he got a call from Aurora. She had a baby boy and named him Neil! I imagine Eros isn't too pleased with his daughter right now. Obviously she failed again to impregnate Cale with a full alien baby and got pregnant by him instead. Opps! o.O I checked and it appears the baby might be an alien, he's purple anyway. I won't know for sure until I go to age him up to a toddler some time soon.

I'll get started on comments/replies next! Hope y'all had a great day/night! <3
    @permanentrose
    Love the daily pic of Robin kicking her soccer ball! Always something fun for our Sims. No worries, sometimes we all just need a break to decompress and relax. I hope things get better for you! *Hugs* Oh and thanks about my avy. :)

@LegancySims2017
    Great daily pic of DJ's excitement over starting Uni! He looks so good! I'm excited too DJ to see how your experience goes. :) Love the end of the month update too. DJ has accomplished quite a lot so far eh? Congrats!
    edited April 2022
    April 7

ecgKeTB.jpg
    It was Winterfest, and the poor uni students don't even have off class for the holiday.

Piper and Clem (who are both enrolled in uni too, but living at home) brought their little ones to see daddy for the holiday <3 (I am in LOVE with these screenshots)
    fgXqUQ0.png
    NZi3A0C.png

Cale had presents for his little sweethearts too.
    JBHCP2A.png

Kate got a knitted octopus toy that Cale had purchased on plopsy. (Don't worry, Finley, Daddy didn't forget you! Yours is coming up next!)
    VGaQ5J7.png

Finley got a llamacorn toy that Cale conveniently had in his inventory, probably from fishing.
    yqOt9Nu.png

It is quite nice that the dining hall at least serves a grand feast on Winterfest, even though they students still need to attend classes. So Cale enjoyed lunch with these two kiddos.
    P0QO4XM.png

And Finley got an extra special snuggle since this is technically the first time Cale is interacting with him as a toddler.
    7IXSqDW.png

Meanwhile, Robin was busy staying caught up on all her course work.
    6qk01Cp.png

She got her research and debate skill up to 3 as well after losing a debate about swimming pools to Cale haha.
    qwqZeq4.png

She didn't get back to the dorms until late, since she had soccer practice. Her roommates invited her to come celebrate with them.
    1qDME1c.jpg
    OdxWCnf.png

Piper tried to be on bad behavior, but since no one was asleep, she just ended up hanging out for a bit :D
    TMmeHSF.png
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    April 7th: A day around the house

WmjfUuh.png
    Since I couldn't sleep, I opened up my homework and tried to distract myself from my worries.
    NMlRbmn.png
    It didn't really help.
    HgheZHx.png
    Carol came down early and said she'd had a nightmare and couldn't get back to sleep, so I grabbed a book and we snuggled on the couch as I read her a story.
    sAG2hZ4.png
    A little while later everyone was up and we were all having some breakfast when Sofia returned home. I asked her how her night had gone, but she seemed to be reluctant to talk about it.
    m2ywuMt.png
    I felt there was something bothering her, but I didn't want to force the issue.
    We gathered around the table to finish up the last of the homework for our first semester. Kiyoshi had already finished his, so Carol roped him into reading her another story.
    Xq5wzF3.png
    When they had finished, Kiyoshi mentioned how he was taking a wellness class as an elective and would appreciate a few pointers considering I'd already mastered the skill. Carol perked up at this and pulled him over to the yoga mats saying she'd show him how it was done. Kiyoshi was a good sport and allowed her to guide him through a few yoga positions.
    JShOaUU.png
    Watching her BF do yoga must of really turned Gemma on, because the next thing I know she was pulling him into their bedroom.
    Xv9fHBP.png
    I sent Carol to play upstairs.
    A little while later they emerged from their room and curled up on the couch together to watch a romantic movie. Ah, young love.
    1Todm1b.png
    Kioshi's sister just so happened to drop by again just as Kaori was casting a delicioso spell, and it kind of freaked her out.
    3tBvJWS.png
    zDkoHLx.png
    They sat her down and tried to explain what she'd seen, but it took Kiyoshi to finally calm her down and get her to promise not to say anything.
    jbYULRh.png
    I was upstairs napping while this was going down, but I was filled in later. I guess I can only hope she'll keep her promise.
    After she left, we all needed to cut loose and have some fun, so we turned up some music and had an impromptu dance party of our own!
    sYnxaUU.png
    As the night wore on, one by one everyone said goodnight and headed for bed until it was just Sofia and myself. I asked if I could speak with her, so we sat down at the table to chat.
    "Sofia," I began awkwardly, "we may have alerted other spellcasters in this area to our presence when we teleported to Windenburg the other night." Sofia looked surprised, but didn't say anything. I rubbed the back of my neck, "Morgyn mentioned that there are old magical family lines here in Britechester, and that the name Elderberry sounded familiar to him." I looked her in the eyes, "I need to know if you noticed anything suspicious when you were at their house last night."
    WuUXrgb.png
    Sofia pulled her gaze away from mine, biting her lip. "There was something," she said hesitantly, "but I promised I would keep it a secret."
    LOcSbDP.png
    My heart started to race but I remained silent, hoping she'd continue. "It happened early this morning," she said playing with her hair. "I was sleeping next to Rohan when he suddenly got up and told me to go back to sleep. He grabbed some clothing from his closet and slipped out into the hall. I tried to go back to sleep, but my curiosity got the better of me. I got dressed and quietly slipped down the stairs.
    I heard voices in the living room, so I peaked my head around the corner and saw a group of figures wearing robes and masks. They entered a secret door behind a bookshelf and disappeared. I was planning on following them when Rohan grabbed me from behind and twirled me around. He was wearing the same robes as the others and didn't seem too happy I was there. He told me I had to keep it a secret and that I should go back upstairs to wait for him.
    I considered leaving, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions about what I'd seen, it may have just been a fraternity thing, so I waited. When he returned, he once again begged me to not tell anyone about what I'd seen, saying he could get into a lot of trouble if the other members found out I knew. He confessed he loved me, and that he would tell me everything later, assuring me they weren't up to anything bad."
    She trailed off and I sat in stunned silence, processing her story.
    "I believe him Adam," she said looking back up at me, "I don't think we're in any danger from them."
    248XAAN.png
    I nodded, but wasn't so sure. I thanked her for telling me but asked her to be careful around Rohan until we knew more about what they were up to. She agreed, but asked me in turn not to tell anyone else her secret.
    "Can I at least tell Morgyn?" I asked. "He's the one keeping us safe right now, and I think he should know." Sofia thought about it. "I'm not sure," she said. "I'd like to meet this mysterious spellcaster I've heard so much about first. If I like him, I'll tell him myself." I sighed. "That's fair, I'll see what I can arrange." She headed to bed and I picked up my research and debate book. I needed a distraction and tried to study, but I couldn't help but feel I was being watched.
    9JIQYPl.png
    edited April 2022
    April - Day 7: "Don't turn around, don't look back, keep moving forward, keep pushing. The pot of gold is at the end of the rainbow, not the beginning..."

2hw1a9D.png

Notes
    SHzdIpu.png
    Friday morning Cale got up 3-4 hrs. before his first class and did a little commando training. The skills for this semester's classes are fitness and gardening. He's already previously aced the Fitness skill and completed the Body Builder aspiration, but it's been my experience from playing with Uni Sims in other saves, it seems to help with their grade to do those skills anyway at least once a day.

D8VzlpB.png
    A couple hours before class he headed over to Larry's Lagoon for breakfast and tried to negotiate a discount. I didn't think the cafeteria worker was going to give it to him at first.

gpZAkja.png
    But then she smiled and gave it to him. I think she had to since that's one of the rewards for completing the Mt. Komorebi Sightseer aspiration. *Note - I just realized cafeteria food is always free for students. Opps! :D

JzJuJo8.png
    He thought she was cute and did a flirty introduction, which of course she loved. Too bad he didn't have time for anything else. Oh well, at least she's on his friends list now to call up some time soon. Cale headed to class after finishing his breakfast.

KmxJwJ0.png
    Back at the dorm after both classes were finished, Cale had the entire weekend to do his homework and two presentations. However, he decided to do them right away anyway. While he was working on the first presentation he got a couple phone calls. Lilah announced she'd had his baby, a girl she named Kaylee. When I was looking at his family tree, I noticed Alicia, the lady from Pepper's Pub, also had a baby girl. He never got a phone call from her though or I missed it.

Also, Hunter called up with the 'I found a ring in Aaron's bag, what should I do?' question. For the story Cale has lost his memories and wouldn't know Hunter, but the game doesn't know that, so I had him answer. He told Hunter to say yes and Hunter called again later announcing they were engaged! Yay! \o/

HkEmqlu.png
    Cale got hungry and made a tuna fish sandwich for himself after both presentations were complete. He'll present them Monday after classes are over. Kind of weird he did this on the bathroom counter, but oh well. Only place in the dorm with open counters. I should probably put another one in his room.

7EGdumW.png
    Here's another one of his lovely dormmates. I apologize, but I don't remember her name. Obviously she'll soon be one of Cale's baby Mamas.

Wyrjf0a.png
    Annnnd another dormmate and future baby Mama. See that guy? He's gone now, why? Well, I want only females, of course, to live in the dorm with him so Cale has more opportunities. But also...

srVjLzd.png
    While Cale was getting busy with that girl, I forgot to lock his dorm room door and that guy went in there to talk to Cale's rose plant, totally ignoring the couple on the bed! o.O Then I got a pop up saying there was a Spirit Day celebration going on and he spun into that outfit! HAHA! Sheesh!

Sm1nVpX.png
    Cale went back to Larry's Lagoon to go on the hunt for more babes there and met up with another one of his dormmates.

uS3FLrR.png
    It was also Neighborhood Brawl Day! I usually just cancel this 'holiday' but Cale is hot headed and mean so I thought he'd enjoy himself. In light of that, he fought his dormmate after inspecting a closet together in the bathroom.

kQCVUIT.png
    Of course Cale won. Poor girl, she got banged up more than once by him today. ;)

tMa4N8U.png
    He also beat up some old lady hanging around while one of my Sims, Sam Hawkins, acting as the cafeteria worker watched.

y7LfzXu.png
    Cale needed one more fight to complete the 'holiday' so since Sam was right there, he was next. The old lady he'd beat up and a girl Cale had never met watched.

LVNuquv.png
    Won again!

J6nGKq0.png
    It was all just for fun though, no hard feelings. I'm glad, for awhile there was a glitch Sims would declare each other enemies after fighting on this day.

pvUWx3V.png
    Of course, you guessed it, Cale couldn't resist romancing the girl that was watching. For some reason, he couldn't take her photo though, she didn't show up in the list of possible Sims. No biggie, he just took a regular photo while she was standing there. There's a couple other ladies Cale has been with that I haven't shown for a total of 13 so far with this one.

I'm not sure if I should keep showing all his conquests or not. I started out modifying his dormmates' atrocious outfits, giving them make-up, eyelashes, new hairstyle, etc., but stopped after I quickly realized that was going to take a lot of time to do for all of them. I think I stopped after half a dozen. I figured it would get old showing their encounters as well. Perhaps I'll just show them with the children after I've aged them up to toddlers?

I don't want my updates to get boring for y'all just showing Cale and his baby Mamas in every update, but I will if you want to see them right away. Of course it'll be different with the Sims he's previously romanced and your challenge Sims. I'm sure that's going to be interesting since they'll know him, but he won't know them. o.O Let me know what you would prefer to see.

o4iERlY.png
    Anyway, back at the dorm, Cale watered, harvested and researched his rose plant since it had finally matured.

d4vP09Y.png
    Cafeteria food is free, but they're not open 24/7 and quick meals are cheap, but they're not the best for Cale's nutrition. I was afraid all those sandwiches, vending machine food and cold micro meals was going to catch up with him eventually, so he ordered a bunch of meals from Zoomer's. He was delighted with the delivery girl and gave her a 10 simoleons tip. I was hoping he'd be able to give her a more generous 'tip', if you get my drift, but she bolted with cash in hand so he didn't get a chance. Perhaps next time Cale! ;)

HyAAaxH.png
    (Mmm, blackened bass, one of my favorites!)

NA12x64.png
    When I modified this dorm, I placed some bonsai bushes for Cale to trim and prune for the gardening skill. He's aced that as well, but again, wouldn't hurt to do some gardening anyway. However, I think all he got was the Flower Arranging skill for it. Maybe pruning they get credit for both? It is technically gardening, right?

MW0M9EH.png
    Ah well, even if it doesn't count, I like this pruned design. I don't think I've ever seen it before.

KMSRv1W.png
    Just to be safe, he went back to Larry's to use one of the Research Archive machines there to research gardening. He'll increase his Research & Debate skills using it along with gardening. While he was doing that, the skies finally cleared, it's been raining for days and days. I was looking around for more ladies he could romance and noticed the rainbow in the daily post pic.

eFzhsiQ.png
    I also saw this urn over in the Robotic skills room. o.O I have no idea who this girl is, but it isn't anyone Cale knows. Scared me at first thinking it might be. Very sad though when this happens. It now sits in Cale's personal inventory until I can figure out what to do with it. Maybe when he possibly becomes a Spellcaster again, I'll have him Dedeadify this Sim.

And this is where I ended my play session...
    So, I found a way to add Sims to Drake Hall as a household so I can play them. It's not even a mod. Don't really think it's a glitch either. I guess I'll find out how well it really works. I am updating some Challenge Sims to add to my April updates. Hoping to have my April 1st in the next day. After that, I already have things planned in my head what I would like to happen (we all know gameplay changes things on its own). But if all goes well, I will catch up to the current daily image per day smoothly.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    *Updated my April 7th post above! Comments/replies coming up next. I hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @permanentrose
    Oh man, those screenshots of Cale with his children area absolutely, adorably precious! <3 SO sweet, I Love them! <3 Thank you so much for including them in your update! <3 So cute to see Robin and Cale debate each other too! Swimming pools eh? I don't think Cale has ever swam in one, surprised he won since Robin is a mermaid. hehe Aww, I love how Robin and her dormmates decorated a tree together. HAHA! Piper, what the heck man? So funny! :D Why do two of her dormmates look so sad though? Did they not get a gift or something? Just curious. :)

@LegacySims2017
    Excellent news about being able to play all the dormmates as the same household! Glad it's not a Mod, I wonder if it's a glitch though. I've never tried to do anything like that. It's hard enough for me just getting my own Sim to get through Uni without trying to do all their dormmates too! o.O Good luck with that, very commendable of you to try it! :) Great news about how you've got plans to catch up with us soon. I hope it all goes smoothly for you too! :)
    edited April 2022
    April 8

VMR6Y4w.png
    I finally played my game for the first time in several days. Getting back into the groove of things, but these next two weeks are going to be super brutal with my school schedule, kind of funny that Robin's life is mirroring mine :D

Anyway, I had Aaron join the soccer team too.
    BG6Mt53.png

"Cale! You got a haircut! It looks great!"
    JSdpIEe.png
    x1DoRqv.png

She had the option to give him her apartment key, which I can only assume will mean that he can show up and hang out in her dorm, which I think is an excellent idea.
    Xs5x4Et.png

But then, this happened O.o
    oJyz9w5.png

Heck no, never happening, I need to make that relationship decay ASAP. Lol.

I immediately summoned Piper to the lot. It's about time Cale claimed his woman.
    ISGpLG1.png
    Di29GLL.png

I do love that lilsimsie adds these observatories to her builds and this is the way that I discover they exist :D
    jsdCeGk.png

I have a casual goal of Robin building a Servo this year, which means she has to get to work on her robotics skill.
    RkNeKFz.png

She has a long way to go haha.
    yyncnfC.png

She got electrocuted, and I know very well from last year that you don't mess with the robotics table after that, so Robin went to work on her second project board for a while instead, still literally smoking :D
    vGyPLZ9.png
    April 8th: Finals

Today's Accomplishments:
    -Finish a course with an A grade

Q19t47u.png
    It was finals day.
    The morning was a flurry of activity as all of us did a little last minute cramming. Gemma was testing out her painting skills on my old easel, Kiyoshi was preforming a yoga routine to help him get focused, and Kaori was just chilling on the couch with Carol since she had no final exams.
    Lucky.
    FVVLz98.png
    I took the opportunity to work on my painting skill and created a painting of them cuddling.
    MVFkGog.png
    Meanwhile, Sofia was so nervous she took her breakfast for a jog.
    bg0Lixv.png
    As we sat chatting before our last final, our nerves making it impossible to study, Sofia asked if I'd heard anything from Morgyn.
    rbnJRfs.png
    I explained I had no way to contact him currently as he wasn't using his phone and we'd just have to wait until he popped up again.
    After all our finals were done, we sat around the table and waited for our results.
    AfMatsA.png
    At 6pm, we all received an email with our final grades! Everyone had got A pluses in all their classes except for Gemma who received a B in her acting elective!
    6FphRIj.png
    Qc2Emc5.png
    Bhpd4Uw.png
    k3IguxR.png
    20Lfhde.png
    We all cheered and immediately signed up for our next classes. With a groan we pulled out our homework for the next day, and got back to business.
    4GEVh5c.png
    Second semester here we come!

• ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'm so far behind now. Gah xD

I miss playing and reading the stories, but hope everyone is having a great time :)
  • sortalivingsortaliving Posts: 20 Member
    The is such an innovative idea. Good job!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top