Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rate the "Kit" category

Hi,

11 kits are available (1 gameplay, 5 CAS and 5 BB).

What do you think about the "Kit" category one year later ?

Rate the "Kit" category 168 votes

4%
BluegayleBlkBarbiegalmcruddMaryVanncchant86EA_MariTequila_Rose_13191 7 votes
1%
Isharellmightyspritetheemaskedsimmer 3 votes
12%
bshag4lvLeGardePourpreMichelleWStormkeepDOLLDRMS1shellbemesimgirl1010Mindofyashcrash19BabykittyjadeLadyKynfionaloveserranoImSandsHearts4uMonaveilTTNsimmerRememberJoyamber_ilumireUniqueKhaosNightlyCoffee 21 votes
7%
JueJueelanorbretonWinifred_WillowAlphaFFrogsillyangel0906DaniRose2143HopeyStarrCattyBetsyBehappy1stMyriadSimsMeowchaFrappeRandomTokenCodemilllaura1_ 13 votes
11%
ncisGibbs02g01denswanloubyloulouTeeSeablueyblueskyEmmaVanepammiechickLatinaBunnyKathykinsEvaliynmusteniRedShoe7Evilyn_1007SimmingalDaWaterRatcody6268ElliandreSthenastiaLost_Lapras 19 votes
11%
alexspoom13CrazyMotherCoolTheSpotted_CSnuffyBucketDarkLady2788zagboorulesRamblineRosegc6164CeridwenSheriSim57filipomeljoRN1414SERVERFRAGeralt_ofRiviawahini2024phantlingHeathertibbReynaValdezDramaticJedi5 19 votes
13%
crocobaurajeLlyBeAn1573CynnaMoon_Willowalanmichael1catloverplayerStinalinaSati101CarmineSajahispend4zenAtreya33OceancatlogionllejenaDianesimsAmapola76ViolettaKimmerUmbreon12 22 votes
4%
DoloresGreyReading_CorsairAinePeralZussagetelemwillSanniSilliSallycutecat 8 votes
9%
auroraael14Erja888alan650111Colorist40heiblumeEnkiSchmidtOldeseadoggeAquaGamer1212StrawberryYogurtGordyRouensimsSnowkittyLT24LesleyAjennieeffinshobontea 16 votes
23%
EvvieSimmerGoldmoldarIcewolfjeepjeepcatMariefoxprice83freindlylolSlayeurTownmlmeadowsMilutinMujovictaydevemerehalloweenchildCsibeubi3bixterssnoepjes1210Onversertexxx7883bienchenArchieonicDoodlyDoofus 40 votes

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Rating the kits on the kits alone, I rate them well. I have all of them except one and I'm happy with them.

I suspect most people will vote based on their own conceived notion that kits are getting in the way of other game content; I chose not to include that notion in my rating, given that no one outside of EA knows if it is at all accurate. I'd rate them 1 if it is though.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I enjoy all the kits. They are inexpensive and add to my game.

I think they were especially good during covid while they had to work from home. Now that I believe they are back to work as usual I am ready for another expansion pack. :D

However I would like the kits to continue.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited April 2022
    • I'm very satisfied by the CAS content including Modern Menwears Kit as female clothing. I give them 10/10.
    • BB content is good but I'm not specially interested by the themes. Just I get them to fill my collection, 6/10.
    • Bust The Dust kit obtains 8/10, it's something essential for my game, I regret Dusting is not included in all the existing Cleaning tasks.

It gives 8/10
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited April 2022
    Mmh I mean the kits are not bad

but also like I don't exactly see anything mega exciting there for me when i click the tab so its still kinda depressing

do think the answer would maybe differ if there was goth/punk extravaganza or occult fever dream included

or something for historical play

or even just some strange 70s-80s stuff for the horror purposes....

or throwback to ts1 or 2....

or idk something that just goes into the old sims games occult and vibe
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Sort of in-between. I’ve only bought a couple of kits and plan to buy a couple more. The good thing is that they are cheap, but would have loved more items and still prefer bigger packs.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    They are okay. I've bought them all and am pretty happy with them. But, on the other hand, I prefer stuff packs to kits.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 339 Member
    For me, kits rate a 1:
    • I still feel that kits are not a good value & they are overpriced for the amount of content that they offer.
    • One of my biggest issues with TS4 is the constant splitting of content, & with kits, we now have four types of DLC.
    • Most kit concepts feel lacking in some respect to me. (Ex. No cleaning skill, functional brooms or feather dusters or mops in Bust the Dust). I would much rather see ideas fleshed out more in a larger pack.
    • Finally, as someone who almost exclusively plays in "Live" mode, & rarely builds or uses CAS, the only kits that would be of any significant interest to me are gameplay kits & so far, there has been only one gameplay kit, & from what I have read online, Bust the Dust is still a bit buggy.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I think if we were still getting SPs I would enjoy kits a lot more.

For what they are I don’t mind them. The ones I have I think are really good. And I’m happy with the content. I find that as long as I stick to the CAS kits I’m satisfied. I hope that they push the envelope a little bit more.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited April 2022
    I do not like the concept of kits in its entirety, and will never support them. This has EA's shenanigans written all over them if you ask me. Plus for the price and the amount of content you get, Im not missing out on anything.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited April 2022
    I just miss gameplay.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2022
    1 for the 1 gameplay kit they made.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,010 Member
    I don’t think the kits are niche. Many of them feel like stuff left out of an existing pack.

The last kit I got was the Industrial Loft. That one was odd with only one window in build. The furniture was nice but didn’t match the loft theme.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Most of the items look good, some look less good... but kits are a poor replacement for packs and I also don't see the need to collaborate with designers and celebrities in order to make and promote the few items that are included in them.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I like some better than others. Throwback Fit, Incheon Arrivals,Fashion Street, Blooming Rooms, Country Kitchen and Industrial Loft are my favorites and would get a 10 if rated separately.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    1 gameplay kit - OK but it gets annoying if you don't buy the vacuum straight away. One of my sims best friends autonomously decided to feed the dust bunny and later that day the dust bunny started a fire. He didn't have money to buy a vacuum, now he has no money to o replace carpet, couch and coffee table. Also, there should have been a broom option.

5 CAS kits - the sportswear kit was the best with most useful items that fit most of my sims. The other kits had a lot of content that would fit only some very specific sims and aesthetic.

5 BB kits - loved the Moroccan kit, but it needs a world to be really useful. The industrial kit is best as it complements things we already have in game.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I like some better than others. Throwback Fit, Incheon Arrivals,Fashion Street, Blooming Rooms, Country Kitchen and Industrial Loft are my favorites and would get a 10 if rated separately.

I agree. I don't like all of them either, but these are my favorites. I am planning on getting Industrial Loft. My opinion about kits have improved recently due to EA fixing Bust The Dust and now it works like it should have in the beginning. :)

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    I have mixed feelings towards them. They fit in pretty weird. In many instances, they have features that are more than what comes in updates and SDX content. On the other hand, I don't feel they really have enough to offer. Especially given most focus on Build/Buy or CAS.

I think, however, if more were made focusing on gameplay, my tone on them would change immensely.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Not enough gamelpay kits, and WAY too expensive.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Most are OK, however I would rather have more packs instead.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I really like all the BB kits, the fashion street CAS kit, and the Bust the Dust kit for the added challenge (with mods). The rest of the CAS kits I'm not interested in as I use more CC for CAS and have a lot of options there already.

I've been impressed with the quality of most of the kits, they have a lot of nice stuff in them, and it's a nice little extra while waiting (hopefully) for bigger packs.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited April 2022
    I've enjoyed Blooming Rooms, Country Kitchen, Decor to the Max and Courtyard Oasis. I especially love the last two, the styles are perfect for me. I'll quote Oliver Twist on that one: "Please Sir, can I have some more?".

I haven't bought any of the Cas kits. Maybe except the fitness clothes, those are not clothes I would see where I live.
    Bust the dust is a big no from me. I do enough vacuuming in real life, don't need it in a game.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited April 2022
    I was someone who strongly defended the concept of kits when they were announced, because I actually liked the TS3 store and was hoping for something similar. But I've only ended up buying a couple. (There are maybe two or three others I would consider eventually buying, in the right context, depending on what future EPs and GPs are offered.) For most of them, either the theme has been of no interest to me (the fitness clothes) or I loved the theme but was extremely underwhelmed by the actual contents (the blooming rooms kit).

That being said, I've been very happy with Country Kitchen and Courtyard Oasis. It's been sort of downhill from there for me. But I could definitely imagine using some of the items from Decor to the Max, if I find the right family/house/neighborhood. Maybe Bust the Dust, if it's truly fixed, though I still think the broom was a missed opportunity, and I wish it were more like laundry, in the sense that your house only gets dirty if you own the gameplay items. They obviously knew how to make that work with washing machines, so I don't see why vacuums should be any different.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited April 2022
    I have two kits, both of which I like, one of which I like very much. Most of the others hold little to no interest for me, and at least one I would not want even as a gift. I don't dislike the idea of kits, but I'd like to see some more new things that were not kits. So I'm not sure where that would put me on the scale for the poll.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • GjumaTheGodGjumaTheGod Posts: 11 New Member
    All kits get a 0 from me. Don't use them, won't buy them. Only Kit that get's a 10 from me is from Nightrider.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    I'm sorry but I cannot support kits at all.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen