Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I beg you EA, Sims 5 MUST support rotational gameplay...

2...Next

Comments

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    You completely misunderstood my post @ClarionOfJoy. If you're going to condescend ("I'm just surprised that you don't know this stuff") you better understand what I'm saying...

I wrote those as hypothetical questions for the Sims team to think about solving when designing the Sims 5. The point is for the Sims team to consider them when building the engine for The Sims 5.

I hope they include all play styles ones that play intentionally, and ones that do not.
    I don't think you can have it like sims 2.Because in Sims 2 the game made a different save file.In 4 you can choose if your family or the town ages.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,396 Member
    I don't think you can have it like sims 2.Because in Sims 2 the game made a different save file.In 4 you can choose if your family or the town ages.

Yeah, the Sims 2 each family is like a separate save. But ideally, each save file in the sims 5 should allow you to control several families where they don’t age independently; they age as you play them. Everything about the family is frozen until you select them as the played family. The townies age up and are synced. If you play 1 week at a time, then that same week in the calendar is played each time for every single rotation household until you reach the last one and begin the rotation with the next week
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    While I do agree and play rotational myself, I say that the game should be played the way the player wants to. So I'm on the side that it should be possible both ways.
    edited March 2022
    EgonVM wrote: »
    While I do agree and play rotational myself, I say that the game should be played the way the player wants to. So I'm on the side that it should be possible both ways.

Yes. I think settings are key. Although legacy players are just rotational players playing with a single household, so rotational play is the most generalizable which is why I think it should be included.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I’m confused, I play rotational, so with lots of different households, mainly I’m just working on renovating a whole save file.. so people asking for no rotational play does that mean you can only play one family per save file??
    I don’t see how this would be a desired feature as surely it just massively limits the experience? Like what’s the benefit to this?
    ddd994 wrote: »
    I’m confused, I play rotational, so with lots of different households, mainly I’m just working on renovating a whole save file.. so people asking for no rotational play does that mean you can only play one family per save file??
    I don’t see how this would be a desired feature as surely it just massively limits the experience? Like what’s the benefit to this?

Yes, and people do this if they want to only play a single legacy family through the generations. Usually the household lot stays the same and family funds are accumulated.

Yeah, the Sims 2 each family is like a separate save. But ideally, each save file in the sims 5 should allow you to control several families where they don’t age independently; they age as you play them. Everything about the family is frozen until you select them as the played family. The townies age up and are synced. If you play 1 week at a time, then that same week in the calendar is played each time for every single rotation household until you reach the last one and begin the rotation with the next week

Hmm maybe a button to decide which household ages up or button that make you stop age, skill and other progression.For time I don't see that working .Because that sounds waty more complicated .I don't think they can stop the week for each family like that.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited March 2022

Hmm maybe a button to decide which household ages up or button that make you stop age, skill and other progression.For time I don't see that working .Because that sounds waty more complicated .I don't think they can stop the week for each family like that.

In Sims 2 everything bar personal relationships stayed the same for each played house. You could resume near enough the last time you played with that house.

I.e.
    If I last played Cassandra Goth and she had cooking skill 4, she doesn’t know Dina Caliente yet.

I switch to play with Dina. Her and Cassandra meet and have a falling out over who can make the best Mac and cheese.

When I go back to Cassandra, skill levels are the same, she hasn’t aged as unplayed but Dina would now appear in her relationship panel as they met.

Sims 2 was the best for managing many households although the timeline could be compliacted to follow at times. 😂

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞

It’s basically the way the Sims 2 works. When you play a family only that family ages so if you play each family in your rotation for the same time the ages sync up. For non played households/npcs, you just have to turn on aging for the first played family so it ages along with that family. You turn it off for the others
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Now that we have neighborhood stories for TS4, we have a good example of how they could handle aging. Imagine that 'aging on' was just one more button in the story progression choices. You could set it globally, from the top of the My/Outher Household sections yet also turn it off or on individually for each individual household.

IMO, that would be the ideal place for it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • MsDSweetsMsDSweets Posts: 86 Member
    This is an interesting conversation. I'm a mod lover, MCCommandCenter and UI Cheats provides all the freedom and control needed for my gameplay. I can control individual Sims, families and/or my entire save file based on my MCCC settings. The new "neighborhood stories" is a direct copy of MCCC. ("Interesting, isn't it.")
    edited March 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Now that we have neighborhood stories for TS4, we have a good example of how they could handle aging. Imagine that 'aging on' was just one more button in the story progression choices. You could set it globally, from the top of the My/Outher Household sections yet also turn it off or on individually for each individual household.

IMO, that would be the ideal place for it.

I agree, it fits in nicely. Although we would need a way to prevent unplayed households from aging up too quickly and an option for Sims 2 style aging, where aging only occurs for the currently played household.

I propose a Universal Calendar feature where every single save file starts on Sunday, Week 1. And every sim's birthday is represented as a specific day and week in the calendar. If you play rotationally, you could play that same Week 1 for all those households. Once that is done, the entire universe moves to Week 2 and unplayed households age up. To keep track of age syncing, every sim age is a subtraction of the current day and week number MINUS their birth date. This allows ages to be calculated rather than a simple incrementing of +1 day to their age each day (the latter tends to be prone to over or undercounting in some games).
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    as a player i am not rotainal play and the sims5 must also be drama free no drama since as a player i dislike conflict in the game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    as a player i am not rotainal play and the sims5 must also be drama free no drama since as a player i dislike conflict in the game

Confused by this
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member

Confused by this

I think it means: "I'm not a rotational player. TS5 must be drama free, I dislike conflict in the game".

No problem there with TS4, where we have to go out of our way to create drama.

I play a lot of families in every save, and I have many saves. Only have one where I play a single family. Aging off for everyone, also unplayed.

I never did rotational play in TS3, afraid I'd lose control of my sims, that they would do stuff I wouldn't approve of. Like getting romantic interests, changing jobs, moving somewhere else, having babies etc. Never did "aging off" for TS3, because I usually played with fairies/other occult, and they had basically eternal life. Even mere mortals lived a very long time on the Epic setting. Don't remember exactly, since its been a long time, but a few hundred days, at least. There were more options in game, not to mention all the settings of the Nraas mods.

I'm pretty content with TS4 rotational play, but of course....things can always get better. (have to thoroughly read thru this tread again)
    Kathykins wrote: »

Confused by this

I think it means: "I'm not a rotational player. TS5 must be drama free, I dislike conflict in the game".

No problem there with TS4, where we have to go out of our way to create drama.

I play a lot of families in every save, and I have many saves. Only have one where I play a single family. Aging off for everyone, also unplayed.

I never did rotational play in TS3, afraid I'd lose control of my sims, that they would do stuff I wouldn't approve of. Like getting romantic interests, changing jobs, moving somewhere else, having babies etc. Never did "aging off" for TS3, because I usually played with fairies/other occult, and they had basically eternal life. Even mere mortals lived a very long time on the Epic setting. Don't remember exactly, since its been a long time, but a few hundred days, at least. There were more options in game, not to mention all the settings of the Nraas mods.

I'm pretty content with TS4 rotational play, but of course....things can always get better. (have to thoroughly read thru this tread again)

Ahh. got it. Although I think you can have rotational play without drama. and vice versa.
    Rotational gameplay is growing in popularity as many players want to "play the world" and experience interactions among different households. The Sims team needs to think critically about how players can rotate in an open world. We want NO aging or progression when our household are currently inactive.