Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THINGS we want to see in 2023!!

Comments

• BabsTheBuilderBabsTheBuilder Posts: 9 New Member
    ~ Buy:
    - Small speakers that can rest on ANY surface
    - Single square closet for small homes
    - Wall mounted ovens
    - Wall mounted microwave
    - Broom and dustpan that are usable instead of vacuum
    - Fruit bowls with edible fruit that can go bad. Could put home grown fruit in bowl.
    - Beer Fridge
    - Recliner chair
    - Couch hideaway bed
    - Mop and bucket

~ Buy for Babies/Toddlers:
    - Jolly Jumper
    - Bassinet
    - Floor mat for tummy time
    - Play pen
    - Sand box
    - White noise machine
    - Stroller
    - Change table

~ Building:
    - Curved swimming pools
    - Hot tub that fits inside pool
    - Curved stairs for curved platforms or foundations
    - Ability to have walk out basements, or basements that lift above the ground for windows
    - For windows and doors make them all available for any wall height and have option to select size. Do the same for lights and curtains.
    - Add paint tool for foundations
    - Carpeted stairs

~ Create a sim:
    - Height options
    - Root colour options for hair colour
    - Highlight options for hair

~ Game Play:
    - Separate bank accounts for kids/teens
    - Chores for kids/teens with allowances for earning money
    - Babysitting jobs in played household (meaning kids are dropped off at your home)
    - Lawn mowing, snow shoveling (kids/teens could earn money)
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    It seems they are going in big for more representation and express yourself, making the world a better place by playing Sims. I don't that bode well for those of us who want more drama in the game.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited April 2022
    Peral wrote: »
    It seems they are going in big for more representation and express yourself, making the world a better place by playing Sims. I don't that bode well for those of us who want more drama in the game.

What if I want to express myself by causing drama? besides they know people wont buy stuff if they can't have any fun and are only being preached to people have other things for that in there life they know people want to have fun and thats what I want this year fun. @Peral
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • havsplantorhavsplantor Posts: 13 New Member
    - I'd LOVE a "build a tree-house" stuff pack OR a "green house" stuff pack!! (I'd die)

- Ability to make custom rounded stairs and more freedom to make the different steps longer and less steep for example.

- More basegame spandrels and friezes in different antique styles and similar exterior detailing.

- Ability to change and match the colors of every (compatible) window, door and exterior detail of the house in just one click.

- A color slider similar to the CAS one but for hairstyles, clothing and build mode.

- A way to follow the sim diving into the ocean in Island Living, just like TS3's Island Paradise. It was such a disappointment when I realised that you couldn't 8(
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member

What if I want to express myself by causing drama? besides they know people wont buy stuff if they can't have any fun and are only being preached to people have other things for that in there life they know people want to have fun and thats what I want this year fun. @Peral

I think modern entertainment industry is very much about representation and preaching, sort of a hive mind. Whit that in mind drama that risk offending anyone geta a very low prority
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    In-ground hot tubs! Pool bars
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I think modern entertainment industry is very much about representation and preaching, sort of a hive mind. Whit that in mind drama that risk offending anyone geta a very low prority

fair enough but I don't think everything that offends people gets low priority because everything offends people these days
    doesn't matter what it is I tell you someone some where is offended. @peral
    I get where your coming from and I do tend to jump to the worst possible out come but have a little faith entertaining people is one of there
    stated goals. hope for the best plan for the worst expect something in between.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ShadePascalShadePascal Posts: 5 New Member
    Can we please the following:
    get garages and cars
    Spiral staircases
    When one sim travels from a lot, can the other sims carry-on doing tasks I assigned them to do

What about a game pack called something like Cozy Clutter. A pack that caters to collectors and tchotchke enthusiasts. Rather than maximalism or cottage core. This pack would be to create cozy apartments or houses filled with buyable collector's stuff, and antique stores. 1st edition books etc. Maybe a magpie familiar for witches. A bad trait called hoarder and a good trait called curator. Thrift stores for clothes not necessarily in cas. There could also be online auctions for art, decor, statues or clutter that can't be found in buy mode. Aspirations to get the full set of action figures, gems or a set of vases could be aspirations. The antique aspect could bring in historical items that people playing historical sims could make use of.
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    Please add the post-teenager life stage please! You can find my discussion by typing postteen and my user...
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    I just want imaginary friends & the toy baking oven back for the kiddos.
  • sortalivingsortaliving Posts: 20 Member
    More occult sims. I feel spoiled in the Sims 3 with genies, werewolves, and fairies.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited April 2022
    Ghost Aspirations :
    • Resurrection : This ghost would like another chance.
    • Unfinished business : This ghost want to do something to find peace before leaving.
    • [Deviance] Embodied fear : Become the scariest ghost of the world

Of course the ghosts need powers to scare and possess people.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I would love to see the return of house boats! Even if they‘re just decorational. I love the feeling of living on the sea in Sims 3
    dc401361fec71d3ae0219ce0069afc94.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • SuperCyberJohnSuperCyberJohn Posts: 1 New Member
    Some things I would like to see this year are:
    -A system to add multiple areas on one lot (like this: https://twitter.com/simsontherope/status/1187104393239367680)
    -A feature to change the ceiling to a different type (like a dropped ceiling for example: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e8/3000K_LED_T-Bar_Ceiling_Light.JPG)
    -An addition for the "Restaurant" lot type from the Dine Out extension pack where you can make the restaurant of the fast-food kind, where you can order from the menu at a counter (like this: https://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/objects/files/community_mcdo/prevue_02_big.jpg), OR a drive thru (like this:https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/In-N-Out_Burger_drive-thru_menu_%285612%29.jpg) instead of the pocket-type of menu)
    -Those little toy vending machines (like this: https://onlinevending.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/p1927-3.jpg)
    -Thrift Stores or Consignment Shops where you can drop off items for them to sell
    -An addition for the wall features where you can grab the points of the walls and change the shape of them (like this: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/BKHS7iw_KgrBHmOr0LNYrG6UvEoCNhAvGnNmubXDIha1BrO74YR6JP-yYibGdSO9sZmMM3VofvWiGKqCyg8yIy3xIke8xux4yry00BB97FuCISKQCrd33sY5Q-TOY9j5T8PK1Iv7V0EYjeyqzI6GfD05kyaqQdchhbqHE9aUPHmYVSHZGNXqRdLOi_NgQSXyo_LysulY-7v3oCHFKzgl79l0-mhyP3GUBsys1l7fnrFI76CI0AzkC1WYi5vNQIXtHbmxKviTWN7ec9-JD2UujPjdVAMfPQlvujR2beuuIQE0zI5Y5USTDkTDe7L1CUvEz6KN231oK4zlyhAhbuDTvNNuBliqr85lg1pHhnjO6qC6K_glxvPC5iJgGLBIwM9OqoH7SYx_KmCobmRA-wWUdeG9Rr93qNmIXxWfaMEZy_ghiQmUtG7hrANZ7iV3sW6p5L-TPB2RmNOwFUj-NVbRKa3mRn-Kdj_NOj__Qwoqt0DZkHNWkyYw65M7gKw6WuVj3czLAIXGnpF9T0qg2HFyC0r8lDi8UlZpDQSRZMiYqbldmhwZ9p7gQe6Fm1NjYRn2ba0LbbqBzQCVD718qRQcvQisHAGoiOmVYtO244lj4NiRQWrsbEhkNhPAfhqAAFRAkfc4Kls0Wj4aQCXPemDZXrmBiTJ7l8kmWZOwHjrNbKwNdcybl1M2ABe1qBUcihLLe0UgmMGR2RspvgmsIrM3giFrTmBMC0TImOBnNkgLu1EjJpIUFjIvAfyKUhFDFrQqjoSiXNUsAJN-gaRmUfUZpZm6Li1ZJe0K8g=w282-h196-no?authuser=0)
    -Auto Repair shops
    -Arcade Games and Claw Machines
    -A feature where you can open multiple locations for one business
    That's all I can think of.

P.S. There needs to be car features too.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I would like a police academy kind of higher education for sims where they learn to drive cars and take turns at high speeds, do target practice, learn to handle police dogs and have a graduation ball.
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    Can we please the following:
    get garages and cars
    Spiral staircases
    When one sim travels from a lot, can the other sims carry-on doing tasks I assigned them to do

What about a game pack called something like Cozy Clutter. A pack that caters to collectors and tchotchke enthusiasts. Rather than maximalism or cottage core. This pack would be to create cozy apartments or houses filled with buyable collector's stuff, and antique stores. 1st edition books etc. Maybe a magpie familiar for witches. A bad trait called hoarder and a good trait called curator. Thrift stores for clothes not necessarily in cas. There could also be online auctions for art, decor, statues or clutter that can't be found in buy mode. Aspirations to get the full set of action figures, gems or a set of vases could be aspirations. The antique aspect could bring in historical items that people playing historical sims could make use of.

I really like this idea, it is one of the very few in this forum that actually appeals to me and I think it would be something a lot of people would enjoy. I hope someone at Maxis or one of the Guru's see's your post and makes a note of it. I am a bit of a collector and things that gather dust hoarder in real life and I could see making this a lifetime goal or personality trait for a sim.
  • xToscaxTosca Posts: 9 New Member
    Personally I'd like more stuff for pets. Dog houses, more types of toy besides just balls, more styles of auto feeder, more types of dog beds that aren't just flat, etc. Pets could honestly use some more stuff in general, their content is honestly a bit lackluster.
    edited April 2022
    Ghost Town

Another investigation scenario like StrangerVille + ability to change the world like Evergreen Harbor.

Several years ago the residents left this place or vanished but there is no record about what happened and why they were so hurry to leave.
    The OGA probably destroyed all the proofs but why the government would be involved ?

This town lost in the desert is scary but it could become a beautiful oasis of peace.

The mission :
    • Restore power and water
    • Investigate
    • Try to survive every night
    • Fix the "Z" problem, make it worse (The danger is day and night and bait visitors >:) ) or change nothing
    • Turn it into oasis or hell or just escape (or stay and try to survive)

Aspiration reward traits :
    • Hero of Ghost Town
    • Mad scientist (Deviance)
    • Survivor of Ghost Town : This sim isn't an easy prey for the occults (vampire bite resistance, spell resistance)
    I would love to see hammocks in Sims 4
    7481-C3-C9-40-EE-4635-A5-E8-E37-EE32768-DC.jpg
    1-A9-D6-EA9-05-D5-4525-853-F-DCE306-DC828-A.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
    Occult traditions :
    • Blood Moon / Plasmafest : The vampires become powerful and thirsty, they want to drink more plasma than usual, no sim can't resist.
    • Eclipse Magic Ritual : The spellcasters can use magic without limits and risks (curses).
  • IntrovertsoutlitIntrovertsoutlit Posts: 1 New Member
    I know they have been saying that they can’t/ don’t want to add horses because it’s not open world but I’m sure those wanting horses would agree that we don’t need open world for them. You have the sections of the world you can explore without it being open world and can function travel wise like bikes they have in game. It would be awesome to have an Equestrian Expansion with horse breeds height difference with the breeds (or not) but having them with more disciplines than just jumping and racing. They can size up and reuse the animation (if that’s how it works I don’t make games or animations) for something like pole bending that they used for the pets expansion pack. I know dressage would have be a lot of work because they’ve not done it before so they have no previous animations for it. The addition of pole bending and barrel racing just those western disciplines would be amazing and if when doing competition we could watch them it would be incredible but even if we couldn’t it would be so much fun. The new jobs could be the same as the old pets mod but possibly adding large animal vet to the game. Sadly I don’t think this will ever come to the game but I’d love it if it did or even just hearing that others would like it to be added.
  • IonaKhanIonaKhan Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it would be awesome if we could
    draw walls on half tiles. I think it would make it much more feasible to recreate real life builds with little bump-outs and things. It would also be really awesome if more (of the already existing) items clipped to shelves, or if we could put coffee machines and microwaves on other surfaces. Or at least if the coffee/tea makers could clip to other spots on the counter not just dead center. Thanks!
    I would really love to see the pool table!
    MTS_riotmaker-303129-Pooltable.JPG
    a256aFi.gif