Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Hahahahah :lol:

Just wondering but is this a Canadian band because in our anthem song are the lyrics Canada true north strong and free?

Haha, not they're not Canadian. They're from California. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    From California? haha well as a Canadian I really like the band's name, but California is known for their sunshine and beaches, the true north is Canada, if you google it you will see :joy: I really wonder how they picked this name, maybe they have a Canadian connection
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    From California? haha well as a Canadian I really like the band's name, but California is known for their sunshine and beaches, the true north is Canada, if you google it you will see :joy: I really wonder how they picked this name, maybe they have a Canadian connection

I want to know, now too because so many bands I like are Canadian. So much that's awesome is Canadian. Terrence and Philip for instance, but I can't dare share a clip of that here. How about another Canadian favorite of mine, The Red Greene Show:

https://youtu.be/HxYe26CIvuY

This makes me want to re-watch the entire series!

Who wouldn't want to have a real-life Possum Lodge?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    @ignominiusrex omg Red Green and the possum lodge :joy: I didn't watch that show, I liked the Royal Canadian Air Farce instead, I think it was on at the same time. I always thought it was funny that Red Green was more popular in America than in Canada. That rarely happens actually you guys don't usually watch our TV it's always the other way around lol.

I would definitely not want to live in the Possum Lodge would you?? :lol:
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,806 Member
    @Elliandre @ignominiusrex I remember that show. Saturdays, 8am, on PBS. It was funny enough, I'm trying to remember their motto....was it something like, I'm a man...I can change...if I have to....I suppose? The main reason I watched was for Graham Greene. I will drop whatever it is I'm doing to watch anything with him in it. He just happened to be in the very first episode I watched, otherwise the first episode probably would have been the last. Pity they didn't have him there more often.
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited April 2022

Everyone is welcome in every game, with the possible exception of one, "Who On This Thread'. I only say that because its always the same players, I've never seen any new faces in that game and all of the current players are listed on page one. Personally I've been super tempted to jump in but I've been waiting to see @SupersonicAvalanche around so I could ask whether my name has to appear on the front page first to start.

@DaniRose2143 - Sorry for the late reply! Itโ€™s like @WhatCobblers and @DeKay say - everyone is welcome to play The WOTT Game: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/996831/a-game-of-who-on-this-thread/p1
    You donโ€™t need an invitation or anything. So itโ€™s great that you decided to joined us! (:
    Z5yqGx5.png
    @SupersonicAvalanche No problem! The list of names, and it always being the same players was why I questioned. Thanks for adding another fun game! This section is a great time waster!

I want to know, now too because so many bands I like are Canadian. So much that's awesome is Canadian. Terrence and Philip for instance, but I can't dare share a clip of that here. How about another Canadian favorite of mine, The Red Greene Show:

[...]

Hold up, I dig some digging and this is what I found about it. So you are somewhat in the right direction about the Canadian thing. I didn't even know their drummer was a Canadian. ๐Ÿ˜‚

But this is a statement from the singer:

When we first created True North, we couldnโ€™t think of anything we didnโ€™t hate, until one day, our Canadian mikecdrums was like, โ€œ...how โ€˜bout True North?โ€ And that was that.
    And then a year went by. And then another.
    I found myself writing about stuff that was more and more purposeful, and a theme was beginning to emerge.
    And now itโ€™s been three years since we started this band and Iโ€™ve been writing songs about mental state, pushing through and moving forwards, even in a new era we donโ€™t really understand yet, and recently when people have been asking about what True North means, itโ€™s no longer nonsense.
    True North is about finding a direction for our everyday motion on an individual level; dealing with thoughts and feelings and making choices that affect the whole world.
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: ยป

[...]

Hold up, I dig some digging and this is what I found about it. So you are somewhat in the right direction about the Canadian thing. I didn't even know their drummer was a Canadian. ๐Ÿ˜‚

But this is a statement from the singer:

When we first created True North, we couldnโ€™t think of anything we didnโ€™t hate, until one day, our Canadian mikecdrums was like, โ€œ...how โ€˜bout True North?โ€ And that was that.
    And then a year went by. And then another.
    I found myself writing about stuff that was more and more purposeful, and a theme was beginning to emerge.
    And now itโ€™s been three years since we started this band and Iโ€™ve been writing songs about mental state, pushing through and moving forwards, even in a new era we donโ€™t really understand yet, and recently when people have been asking about what True North means, itโ€™s no longer nonsense.
    True North is about finding a direction for our everyday motion on an individual level; dealing with thoughts and feelings and making choices that affect the whole world.

Ahh the drummer is Canadian :joy: That's great, I just knew there had to be some connection haha. I really like how they interpret the phrase though to be about moving forward in life.
    Today's Q Q is:
    Whatโ€™s the strangest/funniest family tradition in your family?

Can't really think of one...
    832XG3D.gif
    Eating blackeyed peas on new year for luck was something my mother talked about, but I'm happy to say she didn't enforce it, because she served them on regular occasions, and I didn't much care for them.

She made sweet potato pie for thanksgiving and okay, that was really good.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited April 2022
    Today's Q Q is:
    Who is the most interesting stranger/encounter you've ever had the chance to meet?

There was one time my mom and I were in the bus and we were sitting on the opposite aisles/row of seats (?) from each other and were just talking but slightly a bit louder than usual.

But the thing about me and my mom is that I mostly speak in Eng and she mostly speaks in Malay but we both can still understand the other language, well obviously. XD

Then some middle aged guy - he's a Malay man - was going to get off the bus and he stopped by us and told us how weird but cool that we both spoke to each other in a different language in the same convo. And when he said that, I never actually realized how rare and weird that was; cuz I have friends who speak Eng often, but when they speak to their parents, they will automatically speak to their parents' first language, like Mandarin or Malay. And I'm sure that is also pretty common to see people mostly speaking in the same language and not going back and forth in different languages. ๐Ÿ˜‚ And so my mind was just blown. LOL.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    Who is the most interesting stranger/encounter you've ever had the chance to meet?

There was one time my mom and I were in the bus and we were sitting on the opposite aisles/row of seats (?) from each other and were just talking but slightly a bit louder than usual.

But the thing about me and my mom is that I mostly speak in Eng and she mostly speaks in Malay but we both can still understand the other language, well obviously. XD

Then some middle aged guy - he's a Malay man - was going to get off the bus and he stopped by us and told us how weird but cool that we both spoke to each other in a different language in the same convo. And when he said that, I never actually realized how rare and weird that was; cuz I have friends who speak Eng often, but when they speak to their parents, they will automatically speak to their parents' first language, like Mandarin or Malay. And I'm sure that is also pretty common to see people mostly speaking in the same language and not going back and forth in different languages. ๐Ÿ˜‚ And so my mind was just blown. LOL.

There was someone on a bus before who offered me a sandwich to install an emulator on his phone a few years ago before, and was hanging off the railings sometimes. He was definitely drunk, and kinda scary to be near at the moment. An elderly lady was kind to me about managing to put up with him after he had left the bus. It was a time I didn't know what to say at all, and probably shouldn't ever in the future too.
    L9q8VGi.png
    This is a really interesting question I came across on Tumblr cuz everywhere around the world, the answer would be different:
    What timeframe do you consider is evening time and when does night start?

Evening is 5-8pm. Night is 8pm all the way to about 3 am onwards. But I also sometimes call 2-3am, the wee hours in the morning.
    832XG3D.gif
    I tend to think of 5 as "5 in the afternoon" not "5 in the evening". 6 or 7 are what I frame mentally as too late for afternoon, but too early for night, so they are "evening". Even the meaning of the word "evening" comes from aefen, an Old English word meaning that time between sunset and full darkness, that we also might call the gloaming, or twilight.

It changes dramatically with the year, at this latitude, being full dark by 4 in midwinter, and still light out at 8, in midsummer.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Hi peeps!
    This is a really interesting question I came across on Tumblr cuz everywhere around the world, the answer would be different:
    What timeframe do you consider is evening time and when does night start?

Evening is 5-8pm. Night is 8pm all the way to about 3 am onwards. But I also sometimes call 2-3am, the wee hours in the morning.

Honestly, evening feels like after the sun sets? And night is like 10pm or midnight depending on how early I got up that day :joy:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    I think of evening as starting at 6 and running to 10 or 11. If I'm talking to someone, in person, phone, email, etc, when I end the conversation I will end it with have a good evening or something like that as late 11 or midnight even. Not always but I do it now and then.
    I think of evening as starting at 6 and running to 10 or 11. If I'm talking to someone, in person, phone, email, etc, when I end the conversation I will end it with have a good evening or something like that as late 11 or midnight even. Not always but I do it now and then.

That's so weird to be tho... XD If someone were to talk to me on the phone and say good evening... I'll be like, "Bruh, it's 11pm here. I was sleeping..." ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    832XG3D.gif

That's so weird to be tho... XD If someone were to talk to me on the phone and say good evening... I'll be like, "Bruh, it's 11pm here. I was sleeping..." ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I am a bit odd.๐Ÿคช And I only rejoined the day shift world back in October. Prior to that I spent 10 years working night shift. Like now, if I wake up during the night I will grab the phone and see what's going on in here before I roll over and go back to bed.
    Evening to me is after 5 pm and Night to me is when it gets very dark so sometime after sunset ..
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    Evening for me is from 6pm to 10pm. Night is from then until about 5am (when I think it starts to get light during summer). I refer to between 1 and 6am as the early hours of morning as well but they are still my official sleep time! I call getting up at 6, or earlier, an inconvenience. ๐Ÿ˜
    Today's Q Q is:
    Would you rather live in the ocean or on the moon? (Assuming both are livable with some cool new tech.)

Ocean. I feel much safer just being closer to home, in this case still be on Earth. XD
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:
    Would you rather live in the ocean or on the moon? (Assuming both are livable with some cool new tech.)

Ocean. I feel much safer just being closer to home, in this case still be on Earth. XD

That's a hard one because of the moon's reduced gravity compared to earth, but as long as I'm not returning, I guess that's fine. Moon, because I don't like the idea of living under water.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

MOON I have an irrational fear of the ocean :grimace:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    edited April 2022
    Today's Q Q is:

Ocean! I could look out of my windows and see all sorts of wonderful wildlife swimming past every day! And, assuming the newly invented tech extends to travel to and from home, as well as making it possible to adjust to the different depth pressures, I'd take a day trip or two to explore the deepest, undiscovered parts of the ocean to see what I could find. Plus I could still pop back to the land whenever I feel like it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top