Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Height Sliders in CAS

FrogeemsFrogeems Posts: 57 Member
edited April 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Would you like to be able to adjust the height of your sims in The Sims 4?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Height Sliders in CAS 86 votes

Yes
79%
EvvieSimmerSikoahGraceColorist40MsMayStormkeepSimburianelanorbretonncisGibbs02goodcakebaker62Mindofymueller_litetaydevduhboy2u2spice3Babykittyjadeblueyblueskyannaliese39cynciespend4zenChadSims2 68 votes
No
20%
PlayerSinger2010simgirl1010friendlysimmersSavorySageDarkLady2788DoloresGreyMDianaSimsFreezerBunnyCowplantRedShoe7StrawberryYogurtafai1261PeralKimmercody6268EternalSunshineVeeDubZoeyevesterSlacker 18 votes

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I would, but it is very, very low on my wish list as compared to a lot of other things I would like to see.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yes
    Absolutely a million times yes! We need some variety to heights! It would be great if we could all see eye to eye but the Sims takes this way too literally.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Yes
    At first I didn't care about height, especially when it came to teens matching adults in height. But now that I've tried height sliders there's no going back.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Yes
    Of course I would. That being said, Sims 4 would need to have dynamic scaling for interactive poses and animation, which was barely even a thing when Sims 4 was developed. I know there are mods, but some interactions just bother me if they cause clipping because someone's too short/tall.

So hopefully it will be in Sims 5.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    No
    Actually, I would like to be able to scale them, but not at the cost of potential new and/or improved animations.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Yes
    I would, but there’s a lot more to random height adjustment than just sizing a sim up or down. I’ve tried height slider mods and they clip like crazy in interactive animations. I found it annoying and removed them. If the animations adjust to the height, sure. It’s not a deal breaker, though.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited May 2022
    No
    _____
    Post edited by Slacker on
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I want to make tiny sims to hang out with the gnomes. I hear they have the best beer.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    Yes but just doesn't seem likely considering how many animations need to be adjusted to work with the new heights.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yes
    Yes but I mainly want it for children sims.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I could delete the mod I use to do this if they would just add it in game.
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    Yes
    If it was easy to do that would be great, but I don't think it is that simple without it looking awful and to scale the animations like the other's said. Otherwise I think they would have already done it.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Yes
    Yes but just doesn't seem likely considering how many animations need to be adjusted to work with the new heights.

This is probably true. Maybe it would be easier to have tall, average and short heights to select then just adjust the tall and short for the animations.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yes
    This is something I've always wanted. Back in the Sims 2 days there was a height slider mod and I remember using it despite the fact that it sort of broke my game because I do a lot of "Sim Self" style game play and I'd make my family...My husband is 6'6 so it's hard to make a version of my IRL husband when I can't change the height! It just doesn't look right.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    No
    I 'd rather have them spend the budget on improving gameplay.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Yes
    In the actual Sims 4 with no glitches.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yes
    I you would have asked me a year ago, I would have said yes in a heartbeat! But, I've tried all of the CC ones I could find, and wasn't very pleased with them.

I don't want a slider that just "scales" my sim, meaning it made everything about the sim smaller, not just shorter. I've always wanted to be able to adjust the height of sims on all of the games because if I wanted to make a simself it would be hard when I can't make myself shorter than everybody else. I'm 5'1" in RL so yeah, a good majority of everybody I encounter are taller than me, especially men.

But, I also don't want to forfeit aligned animations for the sake of shorter sims.

The other thing I noticed with the CC ones is that randomly generated sims in CAS could be super ridiculously tall, which I hated. So I would imagine if it was implemented officially it would probably do the same thing.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Yes
    I answered Yes only on the assumption that it'd somehow work as intended. As has been pointed out by many others, it's not in fact that easy and adjusting all the animations to work with sims of different heights would require a lot of work. In that case I'd rather them focus on improving gameplay, fixing already existing issues, etc. But even though it is a very low priority to me in practice, I really do like the idea in general.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yes
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Actually, I would like to be able to scale them, but not at the cost of potential new and/or improved animations.
    I use a height slider and you would be surprised how many animations work perfectly the only animations that don't work well is kissing though does it really even work at the same height their lips don't even touch as is and hugging is slightly off with a height slider. I'm more on the side of three height sizes with a short average and tall height option giving us reasonable options.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    Yes
    Um, more than anything!!!💜
  • xToscaxTosca Posts: 9 New Member
    Yes, definitely... would like one for pets, too.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited April 2022
  • chocolatefrostingchocolatefrosting Posts: 67 Member
    Yes
    Yeah. I use a mod for that and it works pretty well besides the animations.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited May 2022
    No
    Yes and no. For what it would cost to remake ALL the animations, a lot could be done with the game. That's the sole reason I'm against it.

I'm all for it if they're able to do it, however. I hate not being able to replicate heights accurately. I'm 5'6 myself. A friend of mine is like 4'10" and one of the equestrian athletes (who also modelled for an equestrian clothing company for a few years) is about six feet tall. Yet, they're all basically the same height.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2022
    No
    They should rather focus on 1 height rather than having to adjust every object/animation in the game to multiple heights, which results in fewer features than if we had 1 height. (The devs have to spend more time to adjust the animations for every object, so we will get less features as time and budget is spend on adjustment for different heights)

I do agree that teens should have a different height than adults like in Sims 3. But that means there are 2 heights rather than an infinite number of customizable heights which require so much animation adjustments.
    a256aFi.gif