Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you add popular characters to The Sims ?

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I went on a downloading spree this weekend. I wanted to add more characters to my game so I'd have more neighborhood stories interactions. I didn't want to just make families because I probably wouldn't immediately recognize them out and about since I don't actually play any other families.

I added Andy Griffith and his family, Barney, Aunt Bee and Opie. The Friends cast, Happy Days, The Walton's, The Ingalls from Little House, The Brady family, and The Flintstones, Fred and Wilma and Barney and Betty.

Right now they're all on empty lots so tonight I'll download suitable homes for them all.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I tried to make Garfield and Jon Arbuckle (based on the comic strips, not the movies). Odie and Liz are also part of the household.

1o72IBa.png
    UqqB8r3.png
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I tried to make Garfield and Jon Arbuckle (based on the comic strips, not the movies). Odie and Liz are also part of the household.

1o72IBa.png
    UqqB8r3.png

What a great idea! 🐱🎉

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Yes, almost always. That's part of the fun for me. Trying to create Sims characters that mimic popular fictional characters, and then turn them loose to see what they will do.
  • FearwithaBFearwithaB Posts: 6 New Member
    Call me cringy, but I have a save file going where I'm trying to have every household be various Friday Night Funkin' characters.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I add popular characters all the time, some of my mains are Mario ones.

Sister did make Link and I think she did a good job with it.

10-14-21_8-19-29_PM.png

A1hnP0t.png
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I always have in every gen of the game. Many are repeats. I don't usually play their households very much, I just never care about random generated townies; by making characters I like, I have townies I will have an interest in. The households I actually play are my own made up characters, unless something fun just "fits." Like in Sims 3 I played The Winchesters as my ghost hunters cause it just fit. Currently I have Selena Meyer (from Veep) in my game to play the Politician career.
    Dianesims wrote: »

OMG that is ADORABLE! Do you have them on the gallery?

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Typically no, but I have downloaded some fandom characters. Not celebrities, playing them feels creepy.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    Typically no, but I have downloaded some fandom characters. Not celebrities, playing them feels creepy.

Too bad, I am going to have to copy you though and attempt to make them. Garfield is my favorite comic of all time. I can't believe I never thought of putting them in my game.

I don't do celebrities either, just the characters. Though I guess some might still see them as the celeb behind the character... huh, interesting. I never thought of that. Like I would have Selena Meyer in my game, but I would never put Julia Louis Dreyfus in. That would be weird. But when I see Selena, I don't see Julia... I wonder if that is odd, lol.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Some of my favourite sims are ones I made based on celebrities. I don't necessarily give them traits that I imagine the real life characters/actors have, or even play them in a way that represent them in their real lives or the lives of characters they portray but I enjoyed making them and adding them to my games for the genetic diversity they bring to my game. They may not be perfect but I probably don't have all the tools (or skill) necessary to do more.

Here are my Sam and Dean Winchester sims:
    50469754156_a2c2596e5a_h.jpg

Keanu Reeves:
    45541402872_1e25918ea2_h.jpg

Since I had already made a Keanu I felt I needed a River Phoenix sim:
    48238286487_fe309da7dd_h.jpg

Josh Holloway:
    48679824608_07e087d351_h.jpg

Spike and Angel:
    49206014136_8b530ff4dc_h.jpg

Jason Momoa (when I made this one I used an imagined blend of images I found of his younger days and current age):
    45110514624_0634d16586_h.jpg

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    The latest addition was when the Plant Sim challenge showed up and tried doing Poison Ivy, unfortunally there was no way of giving her flowing red hair. Adding Sims based on a character gives me a head start, knowing what to expect from the character and flesh them out. Giving them something to straive for. The random created Sim is only based on its traits and aspiration.
    @Mikezumi I tried to recognize them before reading who they are. Keanu, and Spike and Angel jumped right out. Nice job. I don't know who all of them are, so I can't say on all of them.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited May 2022
    I don’t make famous people but I kind of like making famous Sims in TS4 I have a Lolita Goth as a teen, Mimi Landgraab, a few others. I kind of want to make Brandi Broke next.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I haven't for a while but sometimes I play Westeros-themed games, or Harry Potter, or American sitcom characters (Friends, Frasier, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, and The Big Bang Theory). I also sometimes do historical themes (more difficult with Sims 4) but I've done the Bennet sisters from Pride and Prejudice in the past, and once I made Anne Lister and Ann Walker from Gentleman Jack (love that show!)

l I've been getting bored with my more random sims in extended legacy games lately so I might have to start a themed game again soon. I do have some saves with characters from my own WIPs which I might go back to when I next feel like playing, but those don't count for this question because I haven't finished writing the books yet!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I’ve considered doing a Sim version of Anne of Green Gables, but it’d be difficult for me to do personally. It’d be easiest for me to do a modernised version, but even then I’d have to adapt various scenes from the books. Sim Anne wouldn’t be able to crack a slate over Sim Gilbert’s head!
  • TawkTawk Posts: 23 Member
    I only like making original characters, which can be quite time consuming. Or completely random ones that seem appropriate for the desired theme I'm thinking about playing. For example, if I wish to play someone who is a troublemaker, they should look like one, to a degree. However, the idea of making characters from movies and such, just isn't something I care for. I like the idea of random, since the way they look, combined with random traits, may bring out interesting personalities that for me, makes them seem a bit more real.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited June 2022
    Everytime I play a game I like, I tend to add some characters in the sims.
    Mostly as background characters because I can't be bothered to play all of them, but I really enjoy the process of finding the 3 traits that best express their personality.

55cLPxvl.pngd6eGXbEl.png
    River & V from Cyberpunk 2077 (also did the cat)

O8cp91El.pngJVHOXnsl.png
    Areelu Vorlesh and my aasimar from Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous

VjVTMcKl.png5PD2zOPl.pngdWBjKLPl.png
    Assassin's Creed Syndicate crew

VYqGj7Il.png
    Vague attempt at the Grounded kids that I never uploaded to the gallery *sigh of no pre-teen lifestage*

(yes I'm aware my own created characters don't count as popular characters but they go as sets)
  • userafwuserafw Posts: 34 Member
    When I make Sims, and try to make them look like anyone famous or infamous, I never get it right. I never took any art classes related to portraits or caricatures. So what I do is either create a Sim criminal with RL criminal name and correct hair color and facial hair, create Sims with pun names, or create famous people I have never seen in live action.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited June 2022
    I have all of the characters from the first two Star Wars trilogies in a save file :D
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Oh, of course. There's not a lot of them, but they're kinda hanging out in the background, as sims to maybe run into if I'm lucky.

I don't often recreate canon characters from various popular media, but when I do it's often because I'd like to make their faces? And it's never people from live action stuff. And if it's cartoons, I'd like to keep the proportions relatively normal-looking, because bug-eyed sims who attempt to look way too much like the source just really freak me out.

I am also just way more likely to recreate my own OCs as sims. I just care a lot more about them.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I actually added two of my current favorite fictional characters to one of my sims 3 saves somewhat recently. I do not plan on playing with them but i like seeing them in the background, like having them as neighbors to my sims, or as patrons to their businesses. I might just add even more! I like the idea, and it makes my worlds feel a little more personal being filled with my take on the fictional characters i like.
  • AraeliumAraelium Posts: 60 Member
    I don't go out of my way to make real life people (due to lack of skill, interest, and finding it mildly disturbing) but I have downloaded several actors and anime characters because I found their face beautiful and wanted to use them as base.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes, I used to do that (Kimi Matias Räikkönen, Neal George Caffrey, Peter and Elizabeth Burke, Theodore Winters, Ralph David Firman and Shinichi Kudo in TS 4, Katy Perry and the whole glee cast in TS 3, Britney Spears, Ralf Schumacher with family, Mika Häkkinen with family and David Beckham with family in TS 2 and David Coulthard and Heidi Wichlinski in TS). However, as TS 4 lasts so much longer than any other Sims game, they are all dead by now. So I am playing with their kids. But it's hard to add more celebrities as the timeline would be off.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    No i don´t. I like to create my own charachers or sometimes I download famous charaters that are movies/series or other games based. But not real life people.