Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: March 15, 2022 Neighborhood Stories and Mar. 31 & Apr. 1 Patches

Comments

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,010 Member
    @Stormkeep Awesome. Thank you. I was suspicious of it. 😉
  • baniduhainebaniduhaine Posts: 33 Member
    Updated: PlantSim Bloodlines, Servo Bloodlines, and Skeleton Bloodlines. Icons should be showing up properly now. No other Bloodlines had been affected by that issue.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @feevee it's not public yet though
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Just saw we had yet another update, I have checked, no screenies this time as its a day later LOL. But all is working as it should ;) Thanks for everything you do for all of us simmers @luthienrising , hope you have a lovely day :)
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    feevee wrote: »
    Hi! A new SCCO!

Srsly's Complete Cooking Overhaul - 4.8.0

https://www.patreon.com/posts/srslys-complete-64485939

Looks like it's for Patrons only at this point.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    edited April 2022
    @feevee Will announce when it's public :)

Broken Mods
    • No Autonomous Sitting While Talking (TAESimmer)

Cleared by Creator for April 1
    • all mods by Ilkavelle, Bessy
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • feeveefeevee Posts: 257 Member
    edited April 2022
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    @feevee it's not public yet though

That’s strange, I download it yesterday 🤔🤷‍♀️
    I was lucky 😁
    Sorry then!

vt8zghvivbr9.jpeg
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    edited April 2022
    @feevee might have been accidentally public?

Mod Updates
    Cleared by Creator
    • ChippedSim - all mods not under updated
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited April 2022
    Mercuryfoam ballet barre mod

And that’s public 😬

https://www.patreon.com/posts/sims-4-ballet-63698473
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    Hello,

Just updated my Mental Therapist Career: https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=616799&cb=1649006878
  • RandomizedSimmerRandomizedSimmer Posts: 19 Member
    Is slice of life fixed yet?
    Hi!
    Polar bear sims Have some personality please update :)

https://modthesims.info/d/594573/have-some-personality-please.html
    edited April 2022

Hi! I have the latest version in my game and i have no issue for now.
    In the website, its says that the 3.2 version is compatible (23 march) i dont think it will update soon... Did you try it?

https://kawaiistacie.wixsite.com/website-3/updates

Adeepindigo freelancer chef update!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/freelance-chef-61163156
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Mendota wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    https://modthesims.info/d/634595/control-any-sim-v1-2-2.html

This mod is awesome and super useful, but it hasn't been updated for a long time. Comments say it throws LEs and the modder published the source code because they had difficulty with updating and therefore abandoned the mod.

Does anyone know an alternative? Did anyone adopt the mod and updated it?

I use that mod and it works fine for me. But then again I don't care about small LE's, they are harmless, and my game runs flawlessly. I have been using the same save for all these seven years. Sometimes you just have to decide which matters most. Back up your saves and play on. Control any Sim is not mod that I will play without.

I emailed the modder (found him online, he's German like me) and asked him to update, let's see!

Wouldn't hold my breath on that. As long as the mod works, he most likely isn't going to be interested in chasing down unimportant LE's. The mod works. It doesn't cause any issues. If you are worried you can back up your current save just in case. Make a copy of it and put it in a safe place and continue on.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member

I heard on here that the a slice of life mod will still get another update they owner just didn’t know when.
    feevee wrote: »

Hi! I have the latest version in my game and i have no issue for now.
    In the website, its says that the 3.2 version is compatible (23 march) i dont think it will update soon... Did you try it?

https://kawaiistacie.wixsite.com/website-3/updates

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • amethystlilacamethystlilac Posts: 94 Member

Wouldn't hold my breath on that. As long as the mod works, he most likely isn't going to be interested in chasing down unimportant LE's. The mod works. It doesn't cause any issues. If you are worried you can back up your current save just in case. Make a copy of it and put it in a safe place and continue on.

Whether it causes major issues is very much a case of 'your mileage may vary.' It broke my save months (and many game patches) ago. I decided to test it again on a new save and had different problems.

Some people get no LEs, some only get LEs, and some have major problems.

But I also wouldn't hold my breath on it getting fixed any time soon.
  • Raven_2012Raven_2012 Posts: 8 New Member
    Is Meaningful Stories working, by roBurky? I ask because I have been getting missing action bubbles on my sim, usually one. I have not tested it completely, but it is the only mod I added in recently.

My mods are:

Better Babies & Toddles
    The Mood Pack Mod
    First Impressions
    Contextual Social Interactions
    Dine-out Reloaded
    PandaSama Toddler stuff
    LittleMcSams (Prefer Leftovers and Change Into Everyday When Inside)

Then I added in Meaningful Stories. I can not find any info in first page if it works or not.
    > @Raven_2012 said:
    > Is Meaningful Stories working, by roBurky? I ask because I have been getting missing action bubbles on my sim, usually one. I have not tested it completely, but it is the only mod I added in recently.
    >
    > My mods are:
    >
    > Better Babies & Toddles
    > The Mood Pack Mod
    > First Impressions
    > Contextual Social Interactions
    > Dine-out Reloaded
    > PandaSama Toddler stuff
    > LittleMcSams (Prefer Leftovers and Change Into Everyday When Inside)
    >
    > Then I added in Meaningful Stories. I can not find any info in first page if it works or not.

Ok, deleted the localthumbcache file. That seemed to help but still curious about Meaningful Stories mod.

Sorry I am very new to The Sims 4, just got it last week. And just added in some mods the other day. And right now just realized where the localthumbcache was, I thought it was a folder, lol.
  • SimTalonSimTalon Posts: 49 Member
    > @Mendota said:
    > Let us all give a shout out to Little Miss Sam. She is ill, battling cancer, and yet she still is updating her mods and looking out for us. Please remember her in your thoughts.

I am so very sorry to hear this! She's one of my favourite modders :( Sending love and healing light to her, I hope she beats it!
    > @Raven_2012 said:
    > > @Raven_2012 said:
    > > Is Meaningful Stories working, by roBurky? I ask because I have been getting missing action bubbles on my sim, usually one. I have not tested it completely, but it is the only mod I added in recently.
    > >
    > > My mods are:
    > >
    > > Better Babies & Toddles
    > > The Mood Pack Mod
    > > First Impressions
    > > Contextual Social Interactions
    > > Dine-out Reloaded
    > > PandaSama Toddler stuff
    > > LittleMcSams (Prefer Leftovers and Change Into Everyday When Inside)
    > >
    > > Then I added in Meaningful Stories. I can not find any info in first page if it works or not.
    >
    > Ok, deleted the localthumbcache file. That seemed to help but still curious about Meaningful Stories mod.
    >
    > Sorry I am very new to The Sims 4, just got it last week. And just added in some mods the other day. And right now just realized where the localthumbcache was, I thought it was a folder, lol.

Nevermind still an issue.
    Yeah not sure what this is from:
    https://i.imgur.com/fbQYZQO.jpg
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member

Whether it causes major issues is very much a case of 'your mileage may vary.' It broke my save months (and many game patches) ago. I decided to test it again on a new save and had different problems.

Most likely a conflict with another mod, but it is tricky to use. Any problems with it can be resolved by deleting "selection_group.json" in the folder where the mod is located. This information is for anyone who wants to use the mod. If you don't want to use it, feel free to ignore my testing and information. I am only posting because I know myself that I appreciate it when others explain why a mod is not working or if it is safe, rather then just saying "It's broken" without any other information.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member

Most likely a conflict with another mod, but it is tricky to use. Any problems with it can be resolved by deleting "selection_group.json" in the folder where the mod is located. This information is for anyone who wants to use the mod. If you don't want to use it, feel free to ignore my testing and information. I am only posting because I know myself that I appreciate it when others explain why a mod is not working or if it is safe, rather then just saying "It's broken" without any other information.

I use this mod and have for a long time. I don't know of any issues with it. I do get occasional LEs but nothing has caused any harm and I don't know if they're from that mod. Do you still recommend deleting that file regardless, in order to prevent any future issues? And is it a file that will self-restore each time I start the game? It seems to be dated for the last time I played.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top