The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Console controls

Comments

• Kierenjessica99Kierenjessica99 Posts: 2 New Member
    CAN I RUN THE SIMS 4 ON THIS LAPTOP?

Lenovo Ideapad 330 A4-9125 4GB 500GB 15.6" Notebook - Onyx Black

SPECS
    - Processor: AMD A4-9125 (2C / 2T, 2.3 / 2.6GHz, 1MB L2)
    - Graphics: Integrated AMD Radeon R3 Graphics
    - Chipset: AMD SoC Platform
    - Memory: 4GB SO-DIMM DDR4-2133
    - Storage: 500GB HDD 5400rpm 2.5"
    - Display: 15.6" HD (1366x768)
    - Multi-touch: Trackpad yes
    - Optical: No optical drive (blank installed)
  • DogoSimGirlDogoSimGirl Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi Guys!
    I have a problem- when i go to PlayStation store and want to byty The sims 4 Cats&Dogs it doesnt show up. It is just in bundles. Has anyone experienced the same thing? 😖
  • lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    Wow console should have it's own control..DIRECT CONTROL is for consoles games. pc is different. THIS NEED TO CHANGE..UGH
  • HayleyN2019HayleyN2019 Posts: 13 New Member
    what is the console version of alt cause I want to free place the windows and doors
  • animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    edited June 2020
    @HayleyN2019 press the L2 trigger if you're on playstation. Not sure about x box
    Post edited by animevamp on
    Are there anybody at sims headquarters that reads these comments. If so are there going to be any update to the controls for console. Also can they just make it a cheat code to input so we can get on with it already. Can they make a effort, why ask for comments and ideas if no one listens. We also need bigger words options.
  • UndeadFoxUndeadFox Posts: 119 Member
    lana44 wrote: »
    Are there anybody at sims headquarters that reads these comments.

Don't think so @lana44 They take one look at the words 'The Sims 4 Console Discussion' and say "more complaints, I think I'll skip it and move on". That's the feeling I get anyway.
    My builds in The Gallery are under the username DeOnlyUndeadFox

forum-banner.png

My Speedbuilds:Click Here
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited August 2020
    CAN I RUN THE SIMS 4 ON THIS LAPTOP?

Lenovo Ideapad 330 A4-9125 4GB 500GB 15.6" Notebook - Onyx Black

SPECS
    - Processor: AMD A4-9125 (2C / 2T, 2.3 / 2.6GHz, 1MB L2)
    - Graphics: Integrated AMD Radeon R3 Graphics
    - Chipset: AMD SoC Platform
    - Memory: 4GB SO-DIMM DDR4-2133
    - Storage: 500GB HDD 5400rpm 2.5"
    - Display: 15.6" HD (1366x768)
    - Multi-touch: Trackpad yes
    - Optical: No optical drive (blank installed)

This is Console discussion not General discussion
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • BAGOFHAMMER5BAGOFHAMMER5 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! This is my first comment as I just made an account a couple of hours ago. I hope I’m posting this in the correct thread because the search option isn’t working for me. Anyway, is there a way to select multiple objects at once in build mode? I’m on Xbox One and I can’t figure this out. I’m trying to select some harvesting plants in my front yard.

Thanks in advance for reaching out!
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Hello! This is my first comment as I just made an account a couple of hours ago. I hope I’m posting this in the correct thread because the search option isn’t working for me. Anyway, is there a way to select multiple objects at once in build mode? I’m on Xbox One and I can’t figure this out. I’m trying to select some harvesting plants in my front yard.

Thanks in advance for reaching out!

Why do you want to select multiple plants
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • LUkakahLUkakah Posts: 3 New Member
    [img]http://imgur.com/gallery/RsdhgAZ[/img]
  • LUkakahLUkakah Posts: 3 New Member
    [img]http://imgur.com/gallery/RsdhgAZ[/img]
    no there isn't...u will get used to things hopefully after u play it for awhile.
    Hey EA👋 👋 👋 👋 👋 Can we please get direct control for the controllers please...please
    Again no controls change......
  • ImDragoneImDragone Posts: 76 Member
    edited January 2022
    I wanted to convert to console play, because it'd be cheaper than buying a new computer to just get the next generation console... But, the controls are impossible to figure out, and there's no manual. So, I have to stick with PC, despite how expensive a new gaming PC will be. :( I can't play Sims 4 on my PS4. It's too difficult to do the controls.

A year or two ago, I got Sims 4 on PS4 hoping to carry it over to PS5. But, I couldn't get passed the intro screen. I couldn't play. And, I remained hoping Sims 5 would be easier to figure out for a while.

But, now, I just want to get a new gaming PC in the next five years. Though, every time I try to save up it ends up spent. :(
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    ImDragone wrote: »
    I wanted to convert to console play, because it'd be cheaper than buying a new computer to just get the next generation console... But, the controls are impossible to figure out, and there's no manual. So, I have to stick with PC, despite how expensive a new gaming PC will be. :( I can't play Sims 4 on my PS4. It's too difficult to do the controls.

A year or two ago, I got Sims 4 on PS4 hoping to carry it over to PS5. But, I couldn't get passed the intro screen. I couldn't play. And, I remained hoping Sims 5 would be easier to figure out for a while.

But, now, I just want to get a new gaming PC in the next five years. Though, every time I try to save up it ends up spent. :(

@ImDragone Console has been mouse and keyboard compatible for a few years now. So you could just plug in a mouse and keyboard if you them and it would be the same as playing on PC.
  • RickmsssRickmsss Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys I’m playing sims on PS4 and I can’t figure out what the controls are to see outside of my building, the walls are always constantly see through, and I can never see the outer walls or make them pop up, I’ve tried all the buttons in all different ways yet I can’t figure out how to work this can’t someone let me know how thanks
  • RoseRyderRoseRyder Posts: 19 Member
    It’s supposed to be the left D pad button, is that not working when you press it? If not, it may be a bug
  • MariaaLopez01MariaaLopez01 Posts: 17 Member
    I connect a mouse and can literally use it the same way I play on computer
  • kaileerenae08kaileerenae08 Posts: 2 New Member
    thank you! i've been playing since console came out and still forget the controls sometimes
  • saturnbonessaturnbones Posts: 1 New Member
    Not sure if this comment is being made in the right place -- apologies. The new console update that removed the option to hide the Build Mode item menu is frustrating. I play the game mainly to build, and I go directly into Build/Buy mode versus switching between Live/Build with a family. The problem with not being able to hide the Build Mode menu is that in some cases there's not enough room on the screen to place items without it trying to click back into the build mode menu at the same time. When you place an item, the distance that the cursor wants to place the item at is kind of far, so you have to do a lot of camera readjusting and hope that you find the sweet spot so it doesn't interfere with the menu. It was way easier when I could just hide the menu, place the item, and open the menu back up. I noticed there are some moments the menu auto-hides while placing an item, but in some cases it doesn't. I think it would just be more helpful to be able to hide the menu at will versus the UI trying to decide for me and being inconsistent about it.
  • radiantheartradiantheart Posts: 12 New Member
    Personally the only change I DON'T mind from the new update was making R2 the confirm button. All the build/buy stuff is so messy and difficult for me to adapt to. :\ Not to mention the crashes since the update.
  • DoeRaeMeDoeRaeMe Posts: 1 New Member
    Is this where I can request that the xbox console bumpers and triggers be changed back?
    Years of playing with the buttons the other way means my game us now unplayable.
    Is it possible to please make the console controls toggable or let us choose them ourselves?
    I haven't been able to play my game since the update because my muscle memory won't let me switch the bumpers and triggers in my mind.
    Hundreds of dollars unplayable because you keep changing things that no one wants changed is the most frustrating thing ever.
  • lucombrelucombre Posts: 45 Member
    edited June 2023
    I agree, it’s extremely frustrating that they keep changing things that no one had an issue with. I’ve been playing since the update but now it’s constantly a bit stressful because I have to keep second guessing the controls that I use. I suppose we’ll all get used to them with time but I just wonder, WHY did they do this to us?

The. Old. Controls. Were. Perfectly. Fine.