Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Story pack got an update?

Maybe? It was sort of working for me
Today when I had my sim get married. I mean this time they actually took their sears when I told them to, but then my sim
Of honor wouldn’t walk down the aisle, the sims were able to get married though with everyone watching in the same room but then when it came
Time to do everything else is when it fell apart. It like glitched and included the bride and groom as the audience instead of doing what they were supposed to be doing. So sort of got an update I’m thinking? But not much of one and it still needs major improvement. Oh another plus, the bride and groom showed up in what they were supposed to and the guests did too! That didn’t work for me
Last time. Even though the game
Play part is broken, I still love the world. It’s so beautiful.
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    There was an update this past week, but it barely touched anything related to the MWS pack. The fix update for that is still pending, hopefully we will see it soon.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Today when I had my sim get married. I mean this time they actually took their sears when I told them to, but then my sim
    Of honor wouldn’t walk down the aisle, the sims were able to get married though with everyone watching in the same room but then when it came
    Time to do everything else is when it fell apart. It like glitched and included the bride and groom as the audience instead of doing what they were supposed to be doing. So sort of got an update I’m thinking? But not much of one and it still needs major improvement. Oh another plus, the bride and groom showed up in what they were supposed to and the guests did too! That didn’t work for me

I am just now using the pack. Most of the invitees pages were blank, so I had no way of inviting Honored Guests. (my young adult Global Superstar is friends with the likes of Judith Ward and Thorne Bailey). Same with most of the other categories listed. Blank. Even when he needed to have his fiancee be a host, there was no clicking on her. :open_mouth: Perhaps, a mod is in the way? Happily, I could invite on the very last option. I was hoping for something other than what we got, but now I'm wishing they hadn't bothered. I have no opinion on what they fixed, since I didn't get the chance to play before the 'fix' was in. :open_mouth: I did look for some hints before I had my Sim pop the question. I either rushed the hints, or they don't work. I may roll back my game to just before the Engagement Dinner got started. There are a few things I need to be certain was the fault of the game, or my own ineptitude. Not a happy camper, I have to admit. I have too much faith in others, and I often get burned. My bad.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Here's what they fixed in that update from MWS

- Fixed in March 15 Patch Attendees at wedding do not show up in wedding attire https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-MWS-No-one-is-showing-up-in-Wedding-attire/m-p/11314641/highlight/true#M208079

- Fixed in March 15 Patch Can't hold a basegame wedding at a Wedding Venue if MWS pack is not owned https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Wedding-Venues-not-Listed-as-a-Location-when-Planning-a-Wedding/m-p/11294884/highlight/true#M207624
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

I am just now using the pack. Most of the invitees pages were blank, so I had no way of inviting Honored Guests. (my young adult Global Superstar is friends with the likes of Judith Ward and Thorne Bailey). Same with most of the other categories listed. Blank. Even when he needed to have his fiancee be a host, there was no clicking on her. :open_mouth: Perhaps, a mod is in the way? Happily, I could invite on the very last option. I was hoping for something other than what we got, but now I'm wishing they hadn't bothered. I have no opinion on what they fixed, since I didn't get the chance to play before the 'fix' was in. :open_mouth: I did look for some hints before I had my Sim pop the question. I either rushed the hints, or they don't work. I may roll back my game to just before the Engagement Dinner got started. There are a few things I need to be certain was the fault of the game, or my own ineptitude. Not a happy camper, I have to admit. I have too much faith in others, and I often get burned. My bad.
    Your sims can use socials to ask other sims to be a Sim of Honor, etc. If no one has been asked (or accepts), no one shows up to be selected under those categories. Then the Guests category should show sims like you’d expect (they don’t need to be invited via socials). The engaged couple is automatically selected as host for weddings, but for an engagement party, I could only have one host, as well.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    edited March 2022
    I had my first wedding with the new pack yesterday. In addition to the ceremony, the couple had an engagement dinner beforehand. For both occasions, I chose the “celebration feast” and “desserts” traditions. The desserts tradition fulfilled almost immediately, without any dessert being eaten! Is there something specific that has to be eaten? The “celebration feast” also got fulfilled pretty quickly although nobody had really eaten anything. It was rather odd. The only tradition that didn’t fulfill was cutting the cake, my Sim kept doing the “something’s in my way” action even though I’m pretty sure there wasn’t.
    I also had a slight issue where people were just standing in the aisle awkwardly at the start of the wedding, but after I reset people everything went fine.
    Aside from that, my experience hasn’t been too bad so far. It could be better, but it wasn’t too bad.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Only a couple of minor things got bigger fixes, but we’re still waiting for more bigger fixes, so keep an eye for more updates.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • ClarisseTan7ClarisseTan7 Posts: 19 Member
    When is the next update? It's still buggy 🙄
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,318 EA Community Manager
    When is the next update? It's still buggy 🙄

Soon.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • MiniWolfsbaneMiniWolfsbane Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2022
    Playing on console. Had a wedding last night, hoping a lot of bugs got fixed. The wedding only fared slightly better than a wedding I'd had right after I bought the pack.

Worst of it was I wanted dad to walk his daughter down the aisle. Tried five times, no go, but what was worse, was the vegetarian caterer I hired turned out to be her mother who is a stay-at-home mom and not in the cooking career, she's just a random vegetarian. (However, I'm not sure if I had hired her as the caterer originally, but I highly doubt it.)

The officiant eventually showed up but sat with the rest of the guests. Even though this happened, the bride and groom still got married.

The last worst things to happen were not pack-related, the rain got on the speakers (open outdoor reception area I made myself) and her baby sister washed the two expensive cakes down the drain because they spoiled. (Can we please do something about cakes spoiling too soon? Should've had a 5-day timer for both, but they went bye-bye. I took out the bathroom sinks to prevent this in the future.)

This was slightly better than my last wedding that took place over two days and had the guests stuck sitting in their seats for over 24 sim hours. The ceremony for this one happened right at twilight on the beach, so that was pretty. Hope this helps the sims team with the bugs or helps other players see what not great stuff is going on.

• ClarisseTan7ClarisseTan7 Posts: 19 Member
    ^^ Thanks for your response Sir 🙂
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited March 2022
    Saw the new update today.
    Please let those of us that don't have the game know if everything is working better. I look forward to getting this pack, though I think I'll wait for that Zero bug to be resolved first. I am super happy for those that have it and have been waiting for the fix, can't wait to see those screenies and stories.

I don't have MWS and haven't experienced the zero bug, not yet anyways. But due to all the patches I haven't played my gameplay save and updated mods, so I'll just keep working on my save file build in the meantime while it gets worked out.
    Post edited by JestTru on
    WbUrFQm.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Thank goodness they avoided April 1st. Any grumbles if they did that would be starting "is this a joke?" :)
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    I saw Lil Simsie's review on it but nothing mind blowing. Seems less broken but still broken. I still don't know if I'm buying it tbh; might wait for it for to go on sale.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I saw Lil Simsie's review on it but nothing mind blowing. Seems less broken but still broken. I still don't know if I'm buying it tbh; might wait for it for to go on sale.

Honestly that’s about what I would expect.
    There is a major patch, and according to Sim Community, like 97-98% of the pack stuff seems to be working, so that’s good news!

Still said to have a couple of minor issues, but the major aspects seemed to be tuned better and are workable/playable. 🙂👍
    (She/her)
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

This update today only affects the Wedding pack? Hasn't broken any mods has it? Just asking before I dl it. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Admiral8Q wrote: »
    This update today only affects the Wedding pack? Hasn't broken any mods has it? Just asking before I dl it. ;)

I think there is a thread about what mods are broken.

There has been another small update regarding the Error 0 as well recently, too. So, definitely check that thread or look at your mods’ websites to see if they have been broken and need updates.
    (She/her)
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,318 EA Community Manager
    edited April 2022
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

I think there is a thread about what mods are broken.

There has been another small update regarding the Error 0 as well recently, too. So, definitely check that thread or look at your mods’ websites to see if they have been broken and need updates.

Yup. Latest thread is right here
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    @EA_Cade Thank you!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I just celebrated my first wedding after the patch (vanilla on PC) and everything worked flawlessly!! I must say this was the most beautiful thing ever in TS4 <3
    edited April 2022
    I just celebrated my first wedding after the patch (vanilla on PC) and everything worked flawlessly!! I must say this was the most beautiful thing ever in TS4 <3

Awesome! That’s great to hear! 😀👍

I’m going to download the pack and update soon, so this is good to know! 🤗👍 Can’t wait to make new families and wed some couples in Tartosa and see the cute cakes and stuff! 🙂
    (She/her)
  • SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    I'm glad it's working well now! :)