Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    It's not new in my game. I've been able to wade in that water since around the time that I installed IL.... if they 'removed it' ... they missed doing it in my game.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited April 2022
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    It's not new in my game. I've been able to wade in that water since around the time that I installed IL.... if they 'removed it' ... they missed doing it in my game.

Hmm a lot of people said it was removed shortly after a patch came out years ago. I myself had noticed it was removed as my sims couldn't do that anymore in those locations. I haven't tested it lately though.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    @Catloverplayer, i didn't install Island Living until this past December (2021) because I had my game offline and didn't update from late 2018 until then. All I know is that I could go wading in the water there already back in December or at the very least early January-ish (not sure when I first tried), so if it ever had been disabled, it's been a while since they re-enabled it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    Interesting

i wonder if its connected to the odd routing as of recent
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I just hope they leave it in the game this time.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I remember when Island living came out and it was in the game. But then I remembered it was removed after and I couldn't do it again. So it actually might be smth they are still working on. I imagine of they get it to work, they could get cars to work too.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I remember when Island living came out and it was in the game. But then I remembered it was removed after and I couldn't do it again. So it actually might be smth they are still working on. I imagine of they get it to work, they could get cars to work too.

I cannot see how cars and wading in the water are closely connected in the way you imply.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I cannot see how cars and wading in the water are closely connected in the way you imply.

I think because the problem with cars I remember was they would have to edit the existing worlds to have the roads actually functionable and ig that's a similar thing with swimmable water. They have to edit the water in the existing worlds to have it functional.

But ur a modder so you probably know more about it than I do lol.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    This isn't new. It's one of two places they either forgot to patch out, or left to revisit.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17976330/#Comment_17976330
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).