Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Would Save The Sims For You?

EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
edited March 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I think most here can agree that The Sims 4 ran its course many years ago, well before the 5 years of the prior Sims' games' life cycle. It's by far the weakest of the mainline series. If they don't announce the release of TS5 sometime this year, I think I would lose any shred of interest in future releases I have left.

However, TS5 can be of equal or greater quality to any Sims game prior. Not just by reintroducing features from previous games, but by adding whole new features. The question, of course, is what features should they add? The return of the open world, provided they add plenty of townies to make them feel more densely populated whilst still preventing lag, create-a-style, and running a business are obvious choices. But I'm more interested in new features you think The Sims 5 could benefit from.
Post edited by Ethroptur on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    I'd like it to be more like Sims 2 in gameplay and Sim personality and romance. I don't really want open world if it's going to be like Sims 3 because I play rotationally, which doesn't work well with it and I absolutely hate rabbit hole venues, so I'm fine with closed worlds. I'd like community lots to be more flexible though and capable of multi-purpose venues as well as an option to be partially residential. And definitely world editing tools because I can't stand that we can't change anything in Sims 4.

I also don't like CaST in CAS because it clutters, but I think it should be an external feature the way Sims 2 body shop was, so it doesn't bog down the game, but it should allow players to recolor anything in the game, maybe even have a mesh altering program to make our own CC and the ability to import into the game.

I just want the main focus to be back on Sim simulation and relationships and personality depth. Going back to the roots of the original game concept with expansive modern improvements would be awesome. Taking a step back into the direction of fictional satire where the player is "the Watcher" and not the center of the universe, and having the Sims be in their own fantastical universe instead of making the game about real life socio political trends, could make me quite happy.
    #Team Occult
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited March 2022
    @LiELF

I was interested in reading your comments. I don't play rotationally myself, so I'm genuinely interested in why an open world (Sims 3 style) adversely effected your playstyle. Was it the story progression?
    Kironide wrote: »
    @LiELF

I was interested in reading your comments. I don't play rotationally myself, so I'm genuinely interested in why an open world (Sims 3 style) adversely effected your playstyle. Was it the story progression?

The SP was definitely a part of it. So to fully understand why I shy away from Sims 3's features so much, I'll just explain a little about my experience. Sorry if this is long...

I'm not sure when you started playing Sims 3 and if you're aware of this, but when the base game launched, there was no rotational play whatsoever. The game had been originally designed completely without it. So you can imagine my confusion after coming from Sims 2 where I had a bazillion households that I played, all who often bumped into each other in public venues and kept me entertained, to being suddenly forced to play just one. I remember starting over with a new Sim, trying to figure out what I was missing, talking to myself and thinking I just wasn't understanding the new UI, lol. I finally looked on the forums for information and saw several threads of other angry players discussing that it no longer existed. It was shocking to me because I had been so excited to start a new iteration and see how the game had been expanded. I tried it anyway, I wanted to give the game a fair chance, and I took my Sim out into the world and found a book store (If I remember right) where some sims were gathering so I stopped to interact with them. I liked the expanded conversations with other Sims. But then I sent my Sim into the shop and they disappeared and I sat there moving the mouse around, looking for them, wondering why I couldn't see them, what was I doing wrong? It's funny to me now, but I was starting to nerd rage pretty badly, lol. I didn't understand the rabbit hole venues or why community lots were suddenly unplayable. And it seemed to take forever for my Sim to walk all the way back home while getting hungrier and sleepier and I got annoyed at the distance too. It was an overall bad experience for me, I felt like the game had nothing in it, nothing to do, so after a couple of attempts, I closed down the game for good and went back to Sims 2.

Whenever a new pack released I got interested again and retried the base game but just didn't like it. It was sad because I absolutely loved the EP themes. When rotational play was added I tried again, attempting to play with two separate households in the game, but it was so unintuitive and clunky and I couldn't click on the other household at all or find my other Sim and the world was so huge it was its own obstacle. I tried playing the game again a couple of years ago, even picked up some of the EPs I wanted when I found them for $5 each, but Into the Future glitched on a quest and I couldn't complete it, I still couldn't find my other Sim, and the nightclubs were empty except for one Fairy and the staff. I shut it down after 16 hours of play. It's just not my game. I'll probably try again because I want to find a way to like it and play it, with all of the awesome packs and more interesting Sims (than Sims 4), but I don't know if it'll ever stick. Also, I hate the store and the need for "Sim Points" so the principle of forcing people to overspend just to get the extra content they want, rubbed me the wrong way, too.

So anyway, I just get filled with a little trepidation when I see mention of Sims 3 mechanics because I just don't like them or the general base game design. It doesn't mean that modern technology can't improve them of course, and do them differently, and it probably would, but I don't really have the faith in it, especially after the way Sims 4 was treated and released. I hate to be so negative about it, but I just feel like the franchise has gone in crazy directions that didn't intuitively follow a natural progression of the early games. It's kind of like how I feel about the Alien movies; the first two were masterpieces but then creators got all artsy and took liberties and stopped really following the formula so the later ones don't make as much sense, they're missing the heart and soul of why the series was awesome in the first place.

In the end, I don't think it will matter much for me at this point what they do with Sims 5, because I'm not planning to move forward anyway. The game has changed too much, so I think I'm just going to collect my favorite mods and when Sims 4 is no longer developing I'll load it up with my own preferences of customized craziness, lol. :)

#Team Occult
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited March 2022
    @LiELF

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain. I myself started playing the Sims with Sims 2, but I only had a few packs and I didn't play rotationally, so no I wasn't aware of that effect in Sims 3. I became a true fan in the Sims 3 era buying all the packs and learning the lore. I've always played my own stories, often supernatural, but not always and I wasn't even really aware of rotational playstyle until later.

I can certainly empathise with your frustration however as I have had similar feelings about significant changes made to games that have removed features that I had previously loved to play.

And incidentally the first two alien films just happen to be two of my favourite films, because they are so raw and honest, characteristics that the later films definitely lack. I can also understand your feelings about the Sims 5 too. It isn't looking good is it? Thank you again for sharing.
    Post edited by Kironide on
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2022
    In my opinion, the franchise needs to move on and find a new good ground to stand on. The Sims 5 needs a stable engine which they can build upon. We can't stay stuck in the past and try to catch up to the older games.

It feels like both Maxis and the community want everything in The Sims 4 (preferably everything that has been in the older games). That's never going to be possible, it's a game, it has limitations, it can only do what it was built to do. Turns out that it does CAS, Emotions, Relationships and Build/Buy mode pretty well. But it's not so great when it comes to doing things from the old games, making things like ladders and bicycles was apparently a coding nightmare. It was not built for it.

Better to focus on whatever this generation does well, and try to expand on it. Then move on to a new generation and work with that. The next game will have other strengths and weaknesses, maybe it will do ladders and bicycles better? But instead struggle with relationships and CAS? Who knows?

Personally, I feel that this generation has run out, and we need to move on to a new generation and develop new foundations that we can build upon. We can't look back at 10-20 year old sims games and long for that to be somehow redone in the Sims4.

Sometimes new stuff turns out great, sometimes it turns out bad. But I am not in favor of sticking with the old for as long as possible until it crumbles after 10 years of spaghetti code and technical debt.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    logion wrote: »
    In my opinion, the franchise needs to move on and find a new good ground to stand on. The Sims 5 needs a stable engine which they can build upon. We can't stay stuck in the past and try to catch up to the older games.

It feels like both Maxis and the community want everything in The Sims 4 (preferably everything that has been in the older games). That's never going to be possible, it's a game, it has limitations, it can only do what it was built to do. Turns out that it does CAS, Emotions, Relationships and Build/Buy mode pretty well. But it's not so great when it comes to doing things from the old games, making things like ladders and bicycles was apparently a coding nightmare. It was not built for it.

Better to focus on whatever this generation does well, and try to expand on it. Then move on to a new generation and work with that. The next game will have other strengths and weaknesses, maybe it will do ladders and bicycles better? But instead struggle with relationships and CAS? Who knows?

Personally, I feel that this generation has run out, and we need to move on to a new generation and develop new foundations that we can build upon. We can't look back at 10-20 year old sims games and long for that to be somehow redone in the Sims4.

Sometimes new stuff turns out great, sometimes it turns out bad. But I am not in favor of sticking with the old for as long as possible until it crumbles after 10 years of spaghetti code and technical debt.

It is a balancing act and some of those old features may do a new version good for me. I read a lot of people asking for more space and more tools such creating their own neighborhood which was available before it was deleted. Some wanted to make their items their own outside of the primary colors and that too was available and that too was deleted. Some cannot do w/o some old features especially when the creativity level is lowered. now more can be done than what was available back in 2014 and to say one can't do more without at trying to do so for me make it look like one does not want to move to the next level and use what technology is available today and this where challenge everything comes into play instead come half stepping. EA/Maxis does not tweak or use what is available today other than going to 64 bit and as far as Sims 4 goes Imo it is a little too late to take Sims 4 to the next level so must wait to the next version or until another developer does it. What new features can be brought to Sims 5? you can evolve a program for so long, and even if some of the features that allowed me more creative control than what Sims 4 could possibly have may breathe new life into a new version for mixture of new and old has been a staple of other franchises and also tweaking and fixing what is wrong is also essential as well going outside of the box sometimes.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    Kironide wrote: »
    @LiELF

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain. I myself started playing the Sims with Sims 2, but I only had a few packs and I didn't play rotationally, so no I wasn't aware of that effect in Sims 3. I became a true fan in the Sims 3 era buying all the packs and learning the lore. I've always played my own stories, often supernatural, but not always and I wasn't even really aware of rotational playstyle until later.

I can certainly empathise with your frustration however as I have had similar feelings about significant changes made to games that have removed features that I had previously loved to play.

And incidentally the first two alien films just happen to be two of my favourite films, because they are so raw and honest, characteristics that the later films definitely lack. I can also understand your feelings about the Sims 5 too. It isn't looking good is it? Thank you again for sharing.

@Kironide Thank you for giving me a chance to explain my perspective and for being understanding, I truly appreciate it. <3

It's also lovely to meet another Alien fan!
    #Team Occult
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    For the developers to go back to the fundamental concepts and vision that made the game great in the first place, not wildly chase every fad and fancy that comes along. There is a reason the early games still have passionate followers, and it's not the mechanics.
  • TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    I agree with most of the comments here. But there's something we can't ignore in previous versions of The Sims. There was immersion, even with all the flaws, code limitations, adaptations by the players, there was always something new to try. I don't know how many people here actually played The Sims 2 or just watched videos. But there were unique interactions, so many that you could easily miss them, even playing every day. The Sims 4 has indeed brought improvements, especially in construction and CAS, but what I hear from most players is that they get bored right after starting the game. Isn't it strange that most The Sims 4 Youtubers spend more time on their channels bringing new sims or new builds than new types of gameplay? Isn't it strange that there are always the same "trend" of challenges or scenarios to play in The Sims 4? For a game that is constantly being updated it still feels ridiculously robotic and antiquated in AI. I mean, which of you go to a community lot or a party and really feel immersed? I don't know, but in my gameplay I ALWAYS turn down calls to meetings or events, because in them there is absolutely the same thing going on. My game urgently needs more drama. And when I say drama, I mean please bring our Sims to life. More interactions, more animations, more random events, more consequences of our actions (No text bubbles with the same messages), more places to explore, more secrets, more body expressions, more illnesses, more hobbies, more interactive and functional objects, more details , more customization, more IMMERSION.

If we can't have so many new things improved in gameplay, at least bring the good old features back. It's the least they can do to try to fix this mess in The Sims 4.
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2022
    Tahabata wrote: »
    I agree with most of the comments here. But there's something we can't ignore in previous versions of The Sims. There was immersion, even with all the flaws, code limitations, adaptations by the players, there was always something new to try. I don't know how many people here actually played The Sims 2 or just watched videos. But there were unique interactions, so many that you could easily miss them, even playing every day. The Sims 4 has indeed brought improvements, especially in construction and CAS, but what I hear from most players is that they get bored right after starting the game. Isn't it strange that most The Sims 4 Youtubers spend more time on their channels bringing new sims or new builds than new types of gameplay? Isn't it strange that there are always the same "trend" of challenges or scenarios to play in The Sims 4? For a game that is constantly being updated it still feels ridiculously robotic and antiquated in AI. I mean, which of you go to a community lot or a party and really feel immersed? I don't know, but in my gameplay I ALWAYS turn down calls to meetings or events, because in them there is absolutely the same thing going on. My game urgently needs more drama. And when I say drama, I mean please bring our Sims to life. More interactions, more animations, more random events, more consequences of our actions (No text bubbles with the same messages), more places to explore, more secrets, more body expressions, more illnesses, more hobbies, more interactive and functional objects, more details , more customization, more IMMERSION.

If we can't have so many new things improved in gameplay, at least bring the good old features back. It's the least they can do to try to fix this mess in The Sims 4.

I agree with you, for me it is the features that are missing and to be honest it is too late for Sims 4 and it must run whatever course EA/Maxis has planned for it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited April 2022
    For me, to save the Sims franchise, the developers would have to just sit down and play The Sims 2 for a couple hours (like I do every day). They would see the immersion and attention to detail that was given when this version was released. I do realize that it is limited to what was available back in 2004 when it was originally released but those features gave it what I love today.

Memories: This was by far the best way of remembering the major moments in a Sim's life. The way those were added to the Memories tab in Personalities was just wonderful. I can go back and look at any Sim's Memories and see when they did what in their life. I like to go back and see how long it took my pre-made Sims to fall in love with their significant other.

Chemistry/Attraction: I can look and see what makes Sims attractive to others and how many lightning bolts they have for that particular Sim.

Jealousy: You can see this played out very well when Sims catch their S.O. cheating. The slapping, fury, and fighting that goes on after this happens is very entertaining.

Community Lots: I particularly like how I can get most Needs met at a Community Lot without having to send a Sim back to their dormitory. I can also get skill points at certain lots (I play University students currently).

Aspirations: I love the different Aspirations because you can mix and match some for family gameplay and making friends for promotions. The only 3 I don't like playing in Sims 2 are Pleasure, Romance and Grilled Cheese Sims.

Personality/Traits: Sims actually show their Personality and Trait levels when they are left alone.

Gameplay Overall: I can go and play the same Sim in different neighborhoods and have very different outcomes each time. I previously played Marla Biggs in University multiple times and each time it took her a different amount of time to find her S.O. Sometimes it happened quickly. Sometimes it took a while even when I didn't think she liked a particular boy. It's never the same outcome in every neighborhood I have loaded. Right now I am playing Melody Tinker and I think it's going to be the same thing for her. She took her time finding her special man. I will have to see what happens when I load her in my next neighborhood.

Sims 4 is missing all of the features (and more) that I just mentioned and this is why I can't get into this version of the game anymore. I hope Sims 5 revisits Sims 2 and avoids the mistakes of Sims 4.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I think it's rather telling how my priorities for fanmade content has completely flipped on its' head in TS4: whereas with TS2/TS3 I hardly downloaded any mods but lots of CC, I'm now downloading a buttload of gameplay mods while hardly any CC (except some masculine content).
    Vast majority of the mods I've downloaded have something to do with making sims have more personality, improving relationships or adding more challenge/drama.
    I think this rather well sums up what my biggest issues with the game are right now. It is kind of style over substance and I don't like how bland and "safe" it has become.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited April 2022
    *Accidental double post, please ignore*
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited April 2022
    Thrior wrote: »
    I think it's rather telling how my priorities for fanmade content has completely flipped on its' head in TS4: whereas with TS2/TS3 I hardly downloaded any mods but lots of CC, I'm now downloading a buttload of gameplay mods while hardly any CC (except some masculine content).
    Vast majority of the mods I've downloaded have something to do with making sims have more personality, improving relationships or adding more challenge/drama.
    I think this rather well sums up what my biggest issues with the game are right now. It is kind of style over substance and I don't like how bland and "safe" it has become.

I second that.

From a modder's point of view, it's especially telling that I shifted to focus on mods that fix bugs and add more depth to the code, while my focus lay heavily on creating new food dishes and gameplay objects for toddlers for TS 2 (I didn't mod for TS3 as I personally didn't enjoy that iteration).

From a player's point of view, it's equally telling how I shifted from playing only one main family and telling a deep story with them to playing about 15 households on rotation and switch to another familiy every Sim week in order to keep myself entertained.

It's not even that I don't love TS4, I just wish they would focus on gameplay and depth instead of only visuals.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    Thrior wrote: »

Per your comment on style vs substance, saw earlier today a youtube video on the recent disaster pack that pointed out, among other things, that of the 130 or so folks working on it only 6% were on QC while 30% were on art. In contrast to Parenthood where 23% of team was QC. Looks like a deliberate change in priorities.
    edited April 2022
    For me, to save the Sims franchise, the developers would have to just sit down and play The Sims 2 for a couple hours (like I do every day). They would see the immersion and attention to detail that was given when this version was released. I do realize that it is limited to what was available back in 2004 when it was originally released but those features gave it what I love today.

Memories: This was by far the best way of remembering the major moments in a Sim's life. The way those were added to the Memories tab in Personalities was just wonderful. I can go back and look at any Sim's Memories and see when they did what in their life. I like to go back and see how long it took my pre-made Sims to fall in love with their significant other.

Chemistry/Attraction: I can look and see what makes Sims attractive to others and how many lightning bolts they have for that particular Sim.

Jealousy: You can see this played out very well when Sims catch their S.O. cheating. The slapping, fury, and fighting that goes on after this happens is very entertaining.

Community Lots: I particularly like how I can get most Needs met at a Community Lot without having to send a Sim back to their dormitory. I can also get skill points at certain lots (I play University students currently).

Aspirations: I love the different Aspirations because you can mix and match some for family gameplay and making friends for promotions. The only 3 I don't like playing in Sims 2 are Pleasure, Romance and Grilled Cheese Sims.

Personality/Traits: Sims actually show their Personality and Trait levels when they are left alone.

Gameplay Overall: I can go and play the same Sim in different neighborhoods and have very different outcomes each time. I previously played Marla Biggs in University multiple times and each time it took her a different amount of time to find her S.O. Sometimes it happened quickly. Sometimes it took a while even when I didn't think she liked a particular boy. It's never the same outcome in every neighborhood I have loaded. Right now I am playing Melody Tinker and I think it's going to be the same thing for her. She took her time finding her special man. I will have to see what happens when I load her in my next neighborhood.

Sims 4 is missing all of the features (and more) that I just mentioned and this is why I can't get into this version of the game anymore. I hope Sims 5 revisits Sims 2 and avoids the mistakes of Sims 4.

That's exactly what it's about, about feeling part of the game. I remember exactly the day my Sim casually caught her boyfriend cheating on her, while she was shopping at the supermarket. It was a hilarious fight and drama, I was just laughing and wondering how much of this was just coincidence or how much the game "schemed" to make this happen before my Sim's eyes. When Sims are caught cheating in The Sims 4 you just get "sad" and lose some relationship with your partner. Really? I would at least like to have the option of ending the relationship in style. Throw objects at your partner, get revenge on them, make a mess and end up getting the attention of other sims around. This could be part of the natural reaction of a "Angry" Sim, for example. I feel like the Sims personality traits currently don't work the way they should and feel more like a modlet roulette wheel. This just makes the game more unnecessarily difficult rather than more fun.
    Post edited by Tahabata on
    Wish list:
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited April 2022
    A wants and fears system with a meter would 100% get me playing the Sims 4 if it works just like the Sims 2. Low wants should give 100-1000 aspiration points. But most importantly, I want "Power Wants" that take some time to complete. I want specific Power Wants tied to the aspiration of the sim.

This may not be possible in the Sims 4, which is why I need a producer working on Sims 5 to really understand this point. There is an entire community of lost customers who no longer play or purchase Sims 4 products because the game does not work with our playstyle. We feel ignored. The wants and fears system is foundational to a wants-based playstyle. Sims 3 wants were too weak and small (no power wants) and there was no aspiration meter that added consequences. Whims in the Sims 4 is an abandoned feature.

Importantly, aspirations in the sims 4 are a misnomer: they are really Lifetime Wants. Renaissance Sim, Painter Extraordinaire, etc. are Lifetime Wants in Essense. The categories: Fortune, Popularity, Creativity are the core aspirations that should be selected by each sim...they are the high-level orientation of the sim and drives what types of wants and fears are rolled.
    @SimGuruGrant @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruAzure @SimGuruFrost @SimGuruGeorge @SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruRomeo @SimGuruKuxiku Thank you!
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • chocolatefrostingchocolatefrosting Posts: 67 Member
    Two world. Open world.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    A much better AI. They need to consult with behavorists and get human-like actions and reactions. They did not make Sims 4 to have a good AI -- they didn't understand that understanding human behavior is more than "well, we KNOW how people react to things!" But since they felt that way, we got an AI that behaves that way -- uniformly with none of the nuance that different personalities bring to life.

I like an open world, but I'd take a closed world with a good AI.
    Create a World Tool, Open Neighborhood.

Free Build for World, more urban objetcs with interactions, wild Animals and vehicles.
    Animals interacting with Sims and urban objects. The return of raccoons rummaging through the garbage cans and skunks invading our gardens.
    Real trains, real subways, real cars, real urban settings.
    More reasons to want to leave the house. Please remove loading screens.
    Wish list:
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited April 2022
    Felicity wrote: »
    A much better AI. They need to consult with behavorists and get human-like actions and reactions. They did not make Sims 4 to have a good AI -- they didn't understand that understanding human behavior is more than "well, we KNOW how people react to things!" But since they felt that way, we got an AI that behaves that way -- uniformly with none of the nuance that different personalities bring to life.

I like an open world, but I'd take a closed world with a good AI.

This ^

The heart of the game should be, of course, the sims themselves - a human simulacrum.

I have stated my belief multiple times in other threads, that I believe the game is far to heavily weighted toward object interactions over the interactions between the sims themselves. This lets the game down, IMO.

I'm personally not bothered about open world. I like the way the game always you to create what I think of as 'theatre sets'. It's a pity there is no real scope for drama.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

Free Build for World, more urban objetcs with interactions, wild Animals and vehicles.
    Animals interacting with Sims and urban objects. The return of raccoons rummaging through the garbage cans and skunks invading our gardens.

I agree with you about the urban settings. Not everyone enjoys playing in majority rural and suburban worlds. I know that I don't.

In the previous games, it wasn't an issue because I had the option to create or download worlds that better suit my preference. Since TS4 doesn't allow for that, there should be more urban offerings.

It would help if there were worlds that provided true adjoining lots, for example. (Not pretend ones like in EL, DU, and GF.) Also, lots should be updated so that a wall or a fence can be built right on the boundary line. That would allow players to create functional row houses. I'd also like the opportunity to build higher.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited April 2022
    Nothing will save it! CAUSE THEY CAN'T SUCCESSFULLY UPDATE AND FIX OR CHANGE THE GAME ENGINE! NOR DO THEY REALLY LISTEN TO THE SIMMER'S! OR PUT THEIR COMMUNITY'S WANT'S AND WISHES IN THE GAME! All those previous surveys and still nothing of value added. WHERE IS THE MEMORY SYSTEM, FAMILY DYNAMICS, FAMILY DEPTH, ROMANCE DEPTH, ROMANCE SYSTEM, RELATIONSHIP PREFERENCES, LIKES AND DISLIKES FOR FOOD. MORE TRAITS AND ACTIVITIES FOR FAMILIES, TODDLERS, PETS, EDLERS. NO MORE ACTIVITY TABLES FOR CHILDERN! JUST MORE CHILDERN TOYS , OTHER ACTIVITIES AND CHILDERN BICYCLES. TODDLERS NEED TO BE FED AT FESTIVALS. TODDLERS NEED MORE TODDLER ACTIVITIES, TOYS AND TODDLER TRICYCLES. SMALLER MICROSCOPES, TELESCOPES AND CUPCAKE MACHINES. FREE THE BABIES! NO MORE SCENARIOS.Sorry, maybe the Sims Franchise is dying. In my opinion.
    Post edited by motdk on
    Cynna wrote: »

I agree with you about the urban settings. Not everyone enjoys playing in majority rural and suburban worlds. I know that I don't.

In the previous games, it wasn't an issue because I had the option to create or download worlds that better suit my preference. Since TS4 doesn't allow for that, there should be more urban offerings.

It would help if there were worlds that provided true adjoining lots, for example. (Not pretend ones like in EL, DU, and GF.) Also, lots should be updated so that a wall or a fence can be built right on the boundary line. That would allow players to create functional row houses. I'd also like the opportunity to build higher.

If there is urban, it needs to feel as well as look that way. Sims need lots of places to go and things to do in those settngs. Restaurants, snack shops, cafes, and fast food need to be inside buildings, not a free-standing stand. Those are roaming mobile carts, not sheds. There should be mass transit options, taxis, historic sites, theatres, music venues, sports facilities and so much more. I live close to a world-class city, Boston, and all of San Myhuno does not come close to even one neighborhood of that city.