Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MWS Update 3/31 Error Code 0 Fix 4/1

Comments

• Options
    MkinsMkins Posts: 79 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    I held off buying this pack because of the bugs. Watching LilSimsie's reaction/review has tempted me to try it out for myself. The last two weddings I held were a nightmare because everyone was outside freezing to death talking amongst themselves while the bride and groom exchanged vows with no one watching them and I had to direct every sim inside so they can all sit together and watch the ceremony, or what was left of it.

I just bought it last night before the sale ended along with Snowy Escape, but I had no idea there would be a patch fix today, so my first time playing Wedding Stories won't be as crazy as others. Makes me a little sad lol I love the chaos sometimes
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Sooooo is Wedding Stories worth the buy or still hold off? That's what I'd like to know.
  • Options
    MkinsMkins Posts: 79 Member
    Well that's pleasing news, though Sims not paying attention or obsessing over a stereo at an event isn't new news tbh lol
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Mkins wrote: »
    Well that's pleasing news, though Sims not paying attention or obsessing over a stereo at an event isn't new news tbh lol
    Yeah I don't get it, the sims are supposed to be able to multi task, but nooo they really don't.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    MaDCatz75MaDCatz75 Posts: 1 New Member
    My sims won't do anything but stand around
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Poor teen sims. Who among us did not try to sneak an adult beverage during a wedding in our youth. :D
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I currently am excited, I am work so just something to look forward to. I definitely saw a lot that others did and saw some that wasn't that bad so I am curious I imangine there might be some lingering hiccups but a nice step for me.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    I saw Lil Simsie's review on it, too. Definitely seems more playable than it was but I'm still not sure if I want to buy it yet. Didn't see anything mind blowing as far as bug fixes. Still looks kinda broken, just less broken.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    abz6 wrote: »
    There's a brand new bug. I'm not reporting yet as I switched all my mods straight back on, so I can't rule out a clash. My sim cooked a batch of pancakes, ate one, went out to work, came back and the rest had spoiled in the fridge. I checked it and things spoil in the fridge as if you left them out on the counter. I wonder if it's related to the change they made to cakes and how long they stayed fresh?

Its not a brand new bug, people have had it before. I just added to a post made in September last year, since this started happening in my game today, after updating. Freshly made meals will only last max 10 hours, doesn't matter if you leave it on the counter or put it in the fridge. Timer starts at 10 hours. I haven't tested without mods yet.
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited March 2022
    Did they fix the fact that the throwing the flower didn’t work?
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Did they fix the fact that the throwing the flower didn’t work?

From the article linked above.

Does the bouquet toss work as intended?

Nope…

Yeah this still doesn’t really work. At all. Our bride did take out her bouquet and acted as if she was going to throw it but not everyone gathered for the bouquet toss. At one point, our bride seemed to grow impatient waiting for everyone to get the memo and walked over to where the guests were still dining to call them over. Only a few people took the hint and got up but there wasn’t enough space in the area to do a bouquet toss so the guests kept rearranging themselves while the bride continued to act as if she was going to throw the bouquet but never actually did. There wasn’t an option to call guests to a specific area for the bouquet toss so we couldn’t really move the bouquet toss back to the open area we initially started the toss at. We think this feature would work much better if a Call Guests for Bouquet Toss option was available when clicking on the ground to direct everyone to an open area.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    I know it's early, but if anyone tests out whether the fixes actually work will they please come back and let us know? Thanks!

(I'm dying to buy this pack lol)

Me too. Following this thread in hopes that people will report on whether it is actually fixed. I absolutely want this pack but I am not willing to pay money until it functions as intended.

Also, are they allowing base game weddings again if you have this pack? Because I think there will be times when I will still prefer a much simpler event without all the planning.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @GirafHuntr, You can have "a simpler event without all the planning" using the wedding event from the pack. It literally lets you customize exactly what the wedding will involve. You can make it even more simple than the base game wedding event if you want.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    @Kathykins, @abz6, I had the same issue in my game with refrigerators not working to keep anything fresh after today's update. It was not a problem when I removed my mods. It took a while to determine which mod, because I use so darn many and it wasn't any of the obvious ones. In my case, I finally was able to determine that the problem was being caused by the bienchen mod named "sims4me_bookcaseandstoragechestdontshareinventory".

If you use that mod, removing it should resolve your problem. If you don't use that mod, consider if you use any other mod with similiar functionality.
  • Options
    naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    So are base game weddings re-enabled for those with the pack, or do you still need a separate mod for that?
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Is anyone else experiencing issues with food freshness? I don't have the wedding pack but meals are spoiling quickly despite being in a fridge.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    Is anyone else experiencing issues with food freshness? I don't have the wedding pack but meals are spoiling quickly despite being in a fridge.

Look 2 posts above your question.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Look 2 posts above your question.

Thank you! I don't use that mod in particular so it might be another mod of mine that messes with fridges. Oh boy, the hunt is on. :sweat:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2022
    What does this mean?

Sims will react more appropriately when running romantic socials while Slow Dancing going forward.
  • Options
    @Kathykins, @abz6, I had the same issue in my game with refrigerators not working to keep anything fresh after today's update. It was not a problem when I removed my mods. It took a while to determine which mod, because I use so darn many and it wasn't any of the obvious ones. In my case, I finally was able to determine that the problem was being caused by the bienchen mod named "sims4me_bookcaseandstoragechestdontshareinventory".

If you use that mod, removing it should resolve your problem. If you don't use that mod, consider if you use any other mod with similiar functionality.

I also don't use that particular mod. I do use one from her that moves the "Open" option on the fridge to the first radial menu. That's the only one I can think of that modifies the fridge in any way. Thing is, I tested without Bienchen's folder in my game, and I still had the issue. So yeah, the hunt is on :D

Ohh but I just looked further now, and if it has to do with "inventory sharing" I do use one from LittleMsSam, "LittleMsSam_NoInventorySharing". I just closed the game now, but I'll fire it up again to test.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @Kathykins, yah, the tuning file in question causing issues is the one that holds the "shared" vs. "not shared" values for ALL inventory type objects. It's not a refrigerator specific file, it's just a single file that lists all the different categories of inventory-storing objects, their capacity limit (if any), and whether they prolong freshness or not.
  • Options
    @Kathykins, yah, the tuning file in question causing issues is the one that holds the "shared" vs. "not shared" values for ALL inventory type objects. It's not a refrigerator specific file, it's just a single file that lists all the different categories of inventory-storing objects, their capacity limit (if any), and whether they prolong freshness or not.

Indeed, and my poor unlucky, foodie Chef has been making delicious gourmet meals all night, and never get to eat it because I'm testing :D And right now, I took out only that LMS mod, and freshness is as it should be when I put the meal in the fridge. Seems my sim is eating well after work after all. I have so many mods from LMS and Bienchen, it takes ages to check for updates.

Thank you so much! :)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Oh, wow!! 😮 That is a lot of the issues addressed! This is great news! 😀

I saw only a couple of things not fully addressed (the bouquet thing, and folks not paying attention to toasts or first dance, in particular) in Sims Community review of the patch, but it sounds like many, many of the issues were fixed and are properly working.

Hopefully the little minor bouquet throw and paying attention to toasts/first dance will be addressed as well, but so far, it’s pretty good!

I am very pleased and will definitely buy this pack. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ClarisseTan7ClarisseTan7 Posts: 19 Member
    Wow! I didn't expect it to be this soon :o