Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Montadito wrote: »
    I'd also love a mod that makes my other sims and npc sims finish university without me playing them... It sucks when I have a group of friends that begin university together but by the time my sim graduates and I log in to those that are not in my household, I'll be asked if they want to sign up for another term and they've done nothing in school... :| Really takes away from a lot of the fun with the expansion.

I second this. There is a way with MCCC to give a Sim a university degree, however I have heard this can cause significant game errors so I've been afraid to try it. I would love a way to just assign a university degree to Sims without causing game errors.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @GirafHuntr, what I do is, I either use MCCC to finish the term, sign up for the next one and finish the term again until it says graduation is tomorrow,
    Or I'll finish the term if my sim is suddenly failing or on academic suspension,
    Or I'll just go to graduate now.
    I have used the option that gives the degree but I only use that on occasion and if my sim is already at a high level in his career (often by cheats for my storyline). The only downside to this one that I've seen is it doesn't have their names when you hover over it and it goes straight to the household inventory.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Is there a mod that disables celebrities from visiting a lot? I hate how disruptive they are to my gameplay, especially my restaurants... I keep having to cheat with MCCC for them to leave, but that takes effort and time and it drives me insane.

LittleMsSam's has a mod that adds a lot trait which can ban Celebrities from a lot, and much more. Available here.
    I use it on quite a few lots to ban fans and paparazzi, but it can also ban celebrities, and quite a few other categories of sims. All configurable for each lot where you select the trait.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • IsabellaHamiltonIsabellaHamilton Posts: 41 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    I'd also love a mod that makes my other sims and npc sims finish university without me playing them... It sucks when I have a group of friends that begin university together but by the time my sim graduates and I log in to those that are not in my household, I'll be asked if they want to sign up for another term and they've done nothing in school... :| Really takes away from a lot of the fun with the expansion.

I second this. There is a way with MCCC to give a Sim a university degree, however I have heard this can cause significant game errors so I've been afraid to try it. I would love a way to just assign a university degree to Sims without causing game errors.

Yeah, I've just cheated their degree, which works fine for when they want to get a job and such. But I don't lose the university tab under my work-tab, and the button there keeps saying "Sign up for term" or something. Do you know if there's a way to remove it from my work tab altogether? It sucks when I don't even want my sim in uni anymore. :')
    pvza8x8vky60.png
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Is there a mod that disables celebrities from visiting a lot? I hate how disruptive they are to my gameplay, especially my restaurants... I keep having to cheat with MCCC for them to leave, but that takes effort and time and it drives me insane.

LittleMsSam's has a mod that adds a lot trait which can ban Celebrities from a lot, and much more. Available here.
    I use it on quite a few lots to ban fans and paparazzi, but it can also ban celebrities, and quite a few other categories of sims. All configurable for each lot where you select the trait.

You're a life-saver. Big thanks! :o
    pvza8x8vky60.png
    Does anyone know if anybody's released a mod that completely removes mourning from the game? My sims keep walking around super depressed because some people they've gotten to know through just greeting them as customers in the retail store have died (which is another problem...). I keep having to forcefully remove the buffs with MCCC, but it gets really tiring to do that every other day. :/

I think I recall somebody made a mod like that at some point but it's terribly outdated now?
    pvza8x8vky60.png
    edited March 2022
    @mantadito, I'm not familiar with an up-to-date one that removes the sadness for all deaths completely, but 83bienchen has a mod which tweaks it so that sims do not get as sad if the person who died wasn't someone they were close to. It helps a ton with the retail situation you describe. I play several households who run retail locations and it's the mod I use to mitigate that issue.

It's available here, and is named DeathofSimReactionTweak.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Does anyone know if anybody's released a mod that completely removes mourning from the game? My sims keep walking around super depressed because some people they've gotten to know through just greeting them as customers in the retail store have died (which is another problem...). I keep having to forcefully remove the buffs with MCCC, but it gets really tiring to do that every other day. :/

I think I recall somebody made a mod like that at some point but it's terribly outdated now?

UI Cheats Extension by Weerbesu allows you to delete any (annoying) moodlets, which is what I use to get rid of those sad moodlets that don't make much sense/last too long.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited March 2022
    anyone aware of a mod that reduces the frequency of stuff breaking? because it is getting ridiculous atm. can't spend a day somewhere without all of the bathrooms breaking down within minutes and it is getting really aggrevating.
    edited March 2022
    @Danmannefarius, fully configurable breakage rates: https://scumbumbomods.com/#/selfconfigurable-adjusted-breakage/

If it's specifically the bathroom toilets breaking though, what you might be seeing is the stupid mischief sims sabotaging them. You'd want a mod that disables the toilet prank interaction if that's the case.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    @Danmannefarius, fully configurable breakage rates: https://scumbumbomods.com/#/selfconfigurable-adjusted-breakage/

If it's specifically the bathroom toilets breaking though, what you might be seeing is the stupid mischief sims sabotaging them. You'd want a mod that disables the toilet prank interaction if that's the case.

@Stormkeep thanks, i'll check it out.

nahh it isn't the prank causing this since there is no pink smoke coming from the toilets, and it also happens to everything else (sinks, TV's Stereos and such). ever since the new patch it has gone nuts in my game, and knowing how they love to introduce new gamebreaking bugs every time they "fix" the game it wouldn't surprise me if it is a glitch...
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    @GirafHuntr, what I do is, I either use MCCC to finish the term, sign up for the next one and finish the term again until it says graduation is tomorrow,
    Or I'll finish the term if my sim is suddenly failing or on academic suspension,
    Or I'll just go to graduate now.
    I have used the option that gives the degree but I only use that on occasion and if my sim is already at a high level in his career (often by cheats for my storyline). The only downside to this one that I've seen is it doesn't have their names when you hover over it and it goes straight to the household inventory.

Good to know about the option to essentially "fast forward." That's not something I knew you could do with MCCC so I'll check that out. I have heard that there is some kind of time-related permanent glitch that can occur in rare cases that may be associated with cheating university degrees into the inventory. I know it's rare, but I haven't wanted to risk it.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3

@Stormkeep thanks, i'll check it out.

nahh it isn't the prank causing this since there is no pink smoke coming from the toilets, and it also happens to everything else (sinks, TV's Stereos and such). ever since the new patch it has gone nuts in my game, and knowing how they love to introduce new gamebreaking bugs every time they "fix" the game it wouldn't surprise me if it is a glitch...

I think MCCC also allows for auto-upgrades? So you could also click on things and instantly add the unbreakable features etc.
    edited March 2022

I could be wrong about this, but I think that if you used MCCC to entirely delete the relationship with the deceased person, "forget friendly and romantic," the mourning will completely stop because the person no longer exists to your Sim. I believe I have used this in similar cases when a Sim was "grieving" someone they really didn't even know.

You can do this from the relationship panel. Click on the portrait of the ghost and it's under MCCC Relationships, Forget Active Sim [edited to correct the path]
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Is there a recent stand alone mod (I know there is some thing on mccc but that mod scares me 😅 ) that will significantly slow down relationship decay? I've just got one for culling (bienchen) but want one to stop the relationships dwindling down so far in the first place, sick of having my sim having to re meet her son in law and get back to a good friendship, again. :|
  • RandomizedSimmerRandomizedSimmer Posts: 19 Member
    > @Bleubell said:
    > Hey all, this thread is for requesting mod-makers to create a mod you might want or need for your gameplay. If the mod already exists, I will quote your request and link the mod. This is also a place to discuss mods! Get commenting, I want this thread to be a popular hub for mod-seekers and makers o:)

Awesome, cause I've been looking for a city living mod that makes the apartment neighbours have more lifestyle, I can only speak rudely to my neighbours when they are loud, and I wanna be nice with my good sim.
    Also maybe better note system.
  • JALJAL Posts: 999 Member

There isn't - as far as I know - a mod that will do it automatically, but there is a mod that will let you access the cheats you need to do it for them. You can find the answer here: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/discoveruniversity/cheats.php
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
    Is there anyone who knows if there is a mod who automatically fills clubs with members - but only the clubs you specify? I know MCCC can do it for all clubs, but I would really love to leave some clubs out of that system (for instance romantic clubs for couples or clubs for certain families or locations)
    JAL wrote: »
    Is there anyone who knows if there is a mod who automatically fills clubs with members - but only the clubs you specify? I know MCCC can do it for all clubs, but I would really love to leave some clubs out of that system (for instance romantic clubs for couples or clubs for certain families or locations)

Every club has a setting as either an invitation-only club or an open membership club. With MCCC, it only adds Sims to the ones with open membership, so any clubs I don't want filled out by MCCC I set to invite-only. I have a bunch of private extended-family clubs and it doesn't touch those.
  • GameBoy2936GameBoy2936 Posts: 30 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if there's a mod for Bowling Night Stuff that disables the use of bowling uniforms for groups of people playing some frames of bowling in a nightclub, lounge or bar, and they instead wear their normal everyday clothes. Irl I never see people wearing bowling uniforms in alleys. I don't want to keep using MCCC Dresser to switch them back into what they wear most of the time.

@GameBoy2936: sims4me_roleoutfitdisabled_bowling will disable everything but the special bowling shoes.
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/outfit-mods-outfit-mods/
    (OM-26 roleoutfitdisabled_bychoice)

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't really payed attention. But thank you so much!
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    JAL wrote: »

Every club has a setting as either an invitation-only club or an open membership club. With MCCC, it only adds Sims to the ones with open membership, so any clubs I don't want filled out by MCCC I set to invite-only. I have a bunch of private extended-family clubs and it doesn't touch those.

Thank you, I didn't know that!
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Has anyone done a mod to bring back the Smutsle Dance?
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Gannet The SeabirdGannet The Seabird Posts: 85 Member
    Is there a mod that makes the "euroKiss" (a greeting from Get Together) a normal interaction?
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Unfortunately, I am one of the weirdos who did not want "death by meteor" in my game. I'm hoping someone will make a mod to turn that death off so I can let my sims use the cool new telescopes without the possibility of that event happening.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    I’d love someone to make a mod that allows taking the space prints from the small telescopes